progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By progenitorigin
@erik said:

" @progenitor:  Creed does not just hold back his bloodlust, he had his fill of it. He does not have this demon inside him anymore like his 616 counterpart or Wolverine. That said, he is a great fighter but he is not a top tier fighter.   There is nothing that leads me to believe that AoA Kurt is a better fighter or swordsman than his 616 counterpart either. Just because he is unaffected by killing does not make him better. In fact, I would say it makes him worse because 616 Kurt has to be skilled enough with dangerous weapons and still avoid killing.  "

Simply because 295 Kurt & 616 Kurt were trained differently, I don't think that would take anything away from his natural skill as an agile & acrobatic combatant.  As for Sabretooth, in both 616 and 295, I think it's fair to say that his experience in combat makes him a very talented fighter, hindered only by his animalistic nature.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Erik
@progenitor:  
I am not sure what that scan proves but if you read most of AoA like I think you have, you should know that the time Creed was with Apocalypse caused him to just not want blood letting anymore. He literally said he had his fill of it. Holding back his fighting ability does not mean he was holding back an animal killer like Wolverine does. 
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By progenitorigin
@erik said:
" @progenitor:  I am not sure what that scan proves but if you read most of AoA like I think you have, you should know that the time Creed was with Apocalypse caused him to just not want blood letting anymore. He literally said he had his fill of it. Holding back his fighting ability does not mean he was holding back an animal killer like Wolverine does.  "

That instance of the scan I posted, with him taking on Holocaust (at least, how I took it), was Creed basically letting out exactly what you alluded to, when he basically embraced his animalistic side during his time with Apocalypse's horsemen.  After his time with Apocalypse, you're right in that he left that part of himself behind, a perfect example shown during the flashback of him & Logan finding Clarice, and him taking her as a surrogate daughter.  I still think that part of him had that in him, though, which I think the scan shows in that he unleashed his beastial side against Nemesis (although, I do think he thought he was going to die in that encounter). 

616 Creed was partly driven to insanity due to his tramatic childhood, which I don't think his 295 counterpart shared, yet both still maintained that animalistic instinct within them.  I don't think that scan meant he was holding back his fighting ability, it was holding back what he was during his time with the horsemen.  As I said, at least that's how I took it.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Erik
@progenitor:  
Okay I see what you are saying. Creed of both universes shared the same childhood. They had identical personalities until AoA Creed killed enough women and children. He basically was able to tire himself out mentally, he satisfied the animal within until it was just gone. He killed until he was basically 'sane' for the first time in his life. You may be right that he still has a beast inside him but it is an entirely different kind of beast than what plagues 616 Creed and Wolverine. 
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@progenitor:  My Favorite part in AoA! I Love When He Lifts that Giant Bolder or Chunk of Rock and Tosses it at Holocaust! That was pure awesomeness!
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@k4tzm4n:  :D, love that someone is using AoA characters. Gotta go with them, I feel like they are better trained since they practically spent their entire lives constantly fighting against danger and trying to survive. Daredevil can leisurely work as a lawyer on his downtime.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#57  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@texasdeathmatch:
Dude, a courtroom is a dangerous place.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Erik
@k4tzm4n said:
" @texasdeathmatch: Dude, a courtroom is a dangerous place. "
Truth.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@erik said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
Truth. "
Haha, the title was a little misleading. I interpreted SHOT DOWN literally.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Erik
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @erik said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
Truth. "
Haha, the title was a little misleading. I interpreted SHOT DOWN literally. "
Lol.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By progenitorigin
@ThaMessenger07 said:

" @progenitor:  My Favorite part in AoA! I Love When He Lifts that Giant Bolder or Chunk of Rock and Tosses it at Holocaust! That was pure awesomeness! "

I agree, the Sabretooth/Holocaust fight was honestly my favorite AoA moment, it was awesome seeing Creed go all out against someone as powerful as Holocaust and actually took it to him.  Unfortunately, it didn't end so well to Creed, but he did manage to damage the armor with his bare hands, which was pretty impressive.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I think this could go either way but Team 1 has the advantage.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By progenitorigin
@Edamame said:
" @progenitor: I wish we could have seen more interaction between Sabretooth and Holocaust. After all, they used to be partners.  Also, after Creed ripped Holocaust's helmet off, where did he get a new one? In the next comic book issue, he looked all well and prepared. LOL "

Good question.  My guess? Dark Beast made repairs.  It's actually kind of funny, Dark Beast installed a lot of abilities in Holocaust's armor that he never knew about until they met up in 616.  Like shapeshifting, life-drain absorption, etc.  Dark Beast never told him at the time when he first made the armor because neither of them liked each other while in AoA.  There's been instances where the armor's cracked before, like when Rogue delivered a jumping reverse roundhouse kick and he blocked it with his thermal blaster arm.  It's possible the armor is self-repairing, but I don't think that's ever been shown on-panel, so, probably Dark Beast making repairs.
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@progenitor: 
That was pure awesomeness. I Would loved for them To Take Sabretooth to another level. When I Read that I could never enjoy the evil 616 version the way I used to anymore. He was always one of my faves and seeing him as a Hero was just Epic. Plus the Battle was Awesome! Anyone notice he pulled off a running Side neck breaker or a Matt Hardy Side Effect lol
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Erik

I still believe team 616 has a slight edge.