Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Unpopulated.
Unpopulated.

RULES

-Begin 1 mile apart. 
-Gambit/Daredevil know who they are facing, NC/Sabretooth do not. 
-Gambit is pre-death powers, Daredevil is pre-shadowland. 
-Morals apply. 
-No teledismemberment / juggling for Kurt. 
-Equipment provided next to names. 
-Standard elimination rules.

AoA SABRETOOTH (unarmed)

AoA NIGHTCRAWLER (Twin fencing swords, no teledismemberment/telejuggling) 

VERSUS

DAREDEVIL (Twin adamantium batons)

GAMBIT (Adamantium bo-staff, 3 decks of cards)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By ComicStooge

AoA?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@ComicStooge:
Age of Apoc.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Damn, I thought more people read AoA.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@k4tzm4n said:
"Damn, I thought more people read AoA. "

It's been years.. 

I'd say you can make a strong case for either team. The AoA team might not have the skills & training but I think they make up for it in strength (due to Creed) and being from the AoA probably more willing to kill. But DD & Gambit should be somewhat more skilled. I need breakfast before I can make a case. LOL
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Jake Fury said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
It's been years..  I'd say you can make a strong case for either team. The AoA team might not have the skills & training but I think they make up for it in strength (due to Creed) and being from the AoA probably more willing to kill. But DD & Gambit should be somewhat more skilled. I need breakfast before I can make a case. LOL "

lol
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ThaMessenger07

AoA Sabretooth was a Beast and I would say neither Gambit nor Daredevil are more skilled then Creed. Sabretooth fought Holocaust and even though he lost he brought it......Really see no reason why he wouldn't be trouble alone.

MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrRagePants

I only read the AoA Alpha (foil cover). I have no case yet, I wanted to know 

• AoA NC abilities, I recon teleportation + swords?
  • Creed's abilities? I only saw him holding Wild Child. Strength + 616 Creed's viciousness without the insanity?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@MrRagePants:
Under their pictures in the OP I also posted their official handbook entries for more information ;)
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrRagePants
@k4tzm4n said:
" @MrRagePants: Under their pictures in the OP I also posted their official handbook entries for more information ;) "
The pic on the left keeps on reloading this page. The other pic is unreadable due to tiny gnome fonts, I'm using Firefox and CTRL + isn't working. :P

I'm such a whiner ain't I?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

LOL. 

Here you go. 

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Erik

Sabretooth of AoA was all the things that his 616 counterpart was with the exception that he was a very competent fighter and used his brain.  

He is the one who taught Blink how to fight after all. Even though he does not have adamantium, he is still an amazing combatant.  

AoA Nightcrawler had no qualms being excessively brutal with his powers but he is limited here in that he cannot dismember.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@erik:
Indeed, which is why I tried my best to give the 616 team the knowledge advantage.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Erik
@k4tzm4n:  
I think that if team 616 is smart, they can win by taking out the Nightcrawler first. His swordplay is going to be his best feature. He can teleport in and out of danger while swinging those swords around like crazy.  

Daredevil can handle that. 

Gambit is a wild card for me. Can he use his Death powers and charge organic matter (I.E. current Gambit)? 

EDIT: I see Gambit does not have his Death powers but what of the organic charging?
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Achilles.

AoA team has got this easy. No one in team 2 can match AoA Creed in a fight

MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrRagePants
@erik said:
" Sabretooth of AoA was all the things that his 616 counterpart was with the exception that he was a very competent fighter and used his brain.   He is the one who taught Blink how to fight after all. Even though he does not have adamantium, he is still an amazing combatant.   AoA Nightcrawler had no qualms being excessively brutal with his powers but he is limited here in that he cannot dismember. "
I was already typing NC will solo due to dismemberment. Then I read your post, then I read OP and realized I fail at reading.

@k4tzm4n:
Even limiting NC's abilities, I think he can keep DD at bay while Creed goes for Remy. IMO, Creed will be too much for Remy. I mean, if Creed releases his true animal instinct, he's going to dominate. He got to tame Wild Child who in AoA version is more feral than his 616 counterpart. Creed's 616 version can match Remy, in this fight, Creed is in a sane state of mind.

Basically, I see the AoA team getting in a 2v1 situation in their favor, regardless of who they face.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Erik
@Achilles.:  
I wholeheartedly disagree with that. 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@erik:
Nah, Gambit is pre-death.  He has, however, shown he knows how to handle teleporters (Gambit & Bishop series).  Assume charging organic stuff is fine.  He can do that, anyway.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erik

Daredevil will be able to defeat Nightcrawler if he can separate him from Creed. He has the reflexes and senses to anticipate and successfully counter Nightcrawler's teleporting advantage. All Gambit has to do until that time is keep Creed distracted. Given Gambit's agility, I am confident that he can avoid Creed's attacks for a time. 

Creed is a quick study however and it will not take him long to back Gambit in a corner. By that time, I believe Daredevil will have already placed Nightcrawler unconscious with some rather impressive H2H and baton use (likely ricocheting them to hit Nightcrawler in anticipation of Nightcrawler's next teleport). 

Once it is a two on one, Creed will probably be overwhelmed by the two top agility users in the 616 universe. After all, they do not have to kill Creed. He does not have an unbreakable skull so well placed kinetically charged cards or twin adamantium batons may render him incapacitated temporarily. If that fails, Gambit can still take one for the team and charge up Creed's head while taking a potentially lethal strike. 

ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@erik: 
Creed is faster and more agile then Both of them but not by much in Daredevils case while he would somersault circles around Gambit
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Erik
@ThaMessenger07 said:
" @erik:  Creed is faster and more agile then Both of them but not by much in Daredevils case while he would somersault circles around Gambit "
He is not more agile than either of them. Agility is Gambit's power, not Creed's and Daredevil is probably the most agile human in Marvel period. In fact, I am just going to say that Daredevil flat out is. 
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrRagePants
@erik: It's interesting that we both see that Creed can take care of Gambit. What's also fascinating is how our opinions differ between DD and NC. You have an interesting take on DD. I agree, I see him being able to counter Kurt. 

I still can't decide between Creed and DD. That radar sense is nothing to scoff at.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Erik
@MrRagePants:  
If I remember correctly, Daredevil has shown that he could counter Nightcrawler's teleporting before with his enhanced senses and finely tuned reaction time. 
Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

What about Daredevil's radar???  Is he accustomed in fighting in this kind of terrain??? Wil his balance and agility be a liitle bit off, because of unfamiliar ground? Remember that he is quite accustomed to fighting in the city with a completely different environment.
One mile apart, can give Daredevi and Gambit a little bit of advantage for setting some traps, especially knowing who they are facing, but not much, taking into account Sabertooth's sense of smell and tracking ability, he will quickly realize he is facing Gambit(given they were from different timelines, but the odor remains the same) and prepare for such. With Sabertooth's sense of smell and his animal instincts in a jungle environment, giving directions and positions to Nightcrawler and his teleportation(over 2 miles) abilities, this could turn ugly really fast for Gambit and Daredevil.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@erik:
There was an issue where he noticed a disturbance (in the force) briefly before Kurt ported in.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Erik
@Fantasma Ghost:  
When has a different environment ever hindered Daredevil? I cannot recall a single time. 

Sabretooth cannot just smell anything. He still needs to be downwind and with a jungle that thick, that is a big chance you are taking by relying on that as the foundation of your argument.  
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Erik
@k4tzm4n said:
" @erik: There was an issue where he noticed a disturbance (in the force) briefly before Kurt ported in. "
Ha! I knew it! 

@Fantasma Ghost:

Also, even if Creed did smell Gambit, they are only 1 mile apart. That is not a considerable amount of time to 'prepare' for anything. Also, did Creed even meet Gambit in AoA? Gambit was off planet for most of the story arc. 

On top of that, team 616 already knows who they are fighting. 
ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@erik:

He is not more Agile then Steve Rogers and T'Challa who are Peak Humans and Sabretooths agility is Superhuman. Not Olympic, not Super Olympic (as they describe DD's), not peak, it is Superhuman Agility. DD is good enough toppled on with his radar senses to dodge and evade Creed but in no way is he Superior or could he do it for long. Gambit's power does make him have Enhanced Agility but still not superior to Creeds.  
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@ThaMessenger07:
616 Gambit has agility feats making him superior to Creed's, IMO. 

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fantasma Ghost
@erik said:
" @Fantasma Ghost:  When has a different environment ever hindered Daredevil? I cannot recall a single time.  Sabretooth cannot just smell anything. He still needs to be downwind and with a jungle that thick, that is a big chance you are taking by relying on that as the foundation of your argument.   "
Well its only logical, since he practically has fougth in a city environment all his life, the images coming into his brain will all be new, wildlife, all the different trees, terrain, hills etc. Of course it will not be the same, I'm not saying he can handle it but obviously he wil not feel at home.  What do you mean Sabertooth cannot smell everything??? That is one of his most important powers, and his primary weapon or instinct when tracking prey, of course he knows every single trick in the book to smell you out, he wasn't Apocalypse's WARHOUND for nothing.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Erik
@ThaMessenger07 said:
" @erik:

He is not more Agile then Steve Rogers and T'Challa who are Peak Humans and Sabretooths agility is Superhuman. Not Olympic, not Super Olympic (as they describe DD's), not peak, it is Superhuman Agility. DD is good enough toppled on with his radar senses to dodge and evade Creed but in no way is he Superior or could he do it for long. Gambit's power does make him have Enhanced Agility but still not superior to Creeds.   "
Yes he is. Again, his power is agility. Daredevil is said to be an olympic level athlete in strength, durability, stamina, etc. His agility feats put him above olympic level in terms of agility. 

Creed is not superhuman in agility unless you can prove it with a bio or an issue that states that his power set includes agility.  
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Erik
@Fantasma Ghost said:
" @erik said:
" @Fantasma Ghost:  When has a different environment ever hindered Daredevil? I cannot recall a single time.  Sabretooth cannot just smell anything. He still needs to be downwind and with a jungle that thick, that is a big chance you are taking by relying on that as the foundation of your argument.   "
Well its only logical, since he practically has fougth in a city environment all his life, the images coming into his brain will all be new, wildlife, all the different trees, terrain, hills etc. Of course it will not be the same, I'm not saying he can handle it but obviously he wil not feel at home.  What do you mean Sabertooth cannot smell everything??? That is one of his most important powers, and his primary weapon or instinct when tracking prey, of course he knows every single trick in the book to smell you out, he wasn't Apocalypse's WARHOUND for nothing. "
That is not logical because he has been outside of Hell's Kitchen plenty of times and it did not hinder him at all.  

None of these characters will feel at home in this location. Creed and Nightcrawler's home is a ruined planet, not a jungle.  

It does not matter if that is one of his most important powers. He is still limited to what the winds bring to his nose.  

Being Apocalypse's warhound has nothing to do with anything here. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gambit solos.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

I don't think you are a logical person, if you don't understand my point. Of course he has fought outside Hell's Kitchen that doesn't mean he isn't best suited for a city environment, when you have been living in the same environment for years, you accustom yourself to it, its only logical, when faced with a new environment you have to adapt I'm not saying that he will not perform, just not to the same level its just not the same jumping from rooftops and flat surfaces, than jumping from trees and through thick bush, if you can't get that, that is your problem.
Of course Sabertooth, will feel most at home at this environment his  wild or feral animal instincts and senses, along with his claws are best suited for that, if you don't see that again your problem.

ThaMessenger07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ThaMessenger07
@erik:   

I'll get some scans together because if we go by Bios then Daredevil is not super Agile but "Super Olympic." Which is Peak Human by Marvel Standards.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Erik
@Fantasma Ghost said:
"  I don't think you are a logical person, if you don't understand my point. Of course he has fought outside Hell's Kitchen that doesn't mean he isn't best suited for a city environment, when you have been living in the same environment for years, you accustom yourself to it, its only logical, when faced with a new environment you have to adapt I'm not saying that he will not perform, just not to the same level its just not the same jumping from rooftops and flat surfaces, than jumping from trees and through thick bush, if you can't get that, that is your problem. Of course Sabertooth, will feel most at home at this environment his  wild or feral animal instincts and senses, along with his claws are best suited for that, if you don't see that again your problem. "
This entire post is illogical. 

@ThaMessenger07 said:
" @erik:    I'll get some scans together because if we go by Bios then Daredevil is not super Agile but "Super Olympic." Which is Peak Human by Marvel Standards. "
Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fantasma Ghost
@erik said:
" @Fantasma Ghost said:
"  I don't think you are a logical person, if you don't understand my point. Of course he has fought outside Hell's Kitchen that doesn't mean he isn't best suited for a city environment, when you have been living in the same environment for years, you accustom yourself to it, its only logical, when faced with a new environment you have to adapt I'm not saying that he will not perform, just not to the same level its just not the same jumping from rooftops and flat surfaces, than jumping from trees and through thick bush, if you can't get that, that is your problem. Of course Sabertooth, will feel most at home at this environment his  wild or feral animal instincts and senses, along with his claws are best suited for that, if you don't see that again your problem. "

Great response kiddo.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@erik said:
" @Fantasma Ghost said:
LOL... 

@ThaMessenger07 said:
" @erik:    I'll get some scans together because if we go by Bios then Daredevil is not super Agile but "Super Olympic." Which is Peak Human by Marvel Standards. "
Actually the only Marvel Handbook that lays out agility clearly states Daredevil's agility is peak human.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
"Gambit solos. "

*spits drink*
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"Gambit solos. "
*spits drink* "
You need to stop drinking in these forums.Your keyboard is going to be a mess :)
Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Fantasma Ghost
@Vance Astro said:
" Gambit solos. "
Lets hear the explanation.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Fantasma Ghost said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Gambit solos. "
Lets hear the explanation. "
I would give one if I was serious.
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MrRagePants
@Vance Astro said:
" @Fantasma Ghost said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Gambit solos. "
I would give one if I was serious. "
You should've directed him to the link "Gambit VS Galactus"
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@MrRagePants said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Fantasma Ghost said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" Gambit solos. "
I would give one if I was serious. "
You should've directed him to the link "Gambit VS Galactus" "
LOL.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Erik
@erik said:
" Daredevil will be able to defeat Nightcrawler if he can separate him from Creed. He has the reflexes and senses to anticipate and successfully counter Nightcrawler's teleporting advantage. All Gambit has to do until that time is keep Creed distracted. Given Gambit's agility, I am confident that he can avoid Creed's attacks for a time.    
 Creed is a quick study however and it will not take him long to back Gambit in a corner. By that time, I believe Daredevil will have already placed Nightcrawler unconscious with some rather impressive H2H and baton use (likely ricocheting them to hit Nightcrawler in anticipation of Nightcrawler's next teleport).    
 Once it is a two on one, Creed will probably be overwhelmed by the two top agility users in the 616 universe. After all, they do not have to kill Creed. He does not have an unbreakable skull so well placed kinetically charged cards or twin adamantium batons may render him incapacitated temporarily. If that fails, Gambit can still take one for the team and charge up Creed's head while taking a potentially lethal strike.  "
I believe my argument still stands. 
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MrRagePants
@erik said:
" @erik said:
" Daredevil will be able to defeat Nightcrawler if he can separate him from Creed. He has the reflexes and senses to anticipate and successfully counter Nightcrawler's teleporting advantage. All Gambit has to do until that time is keep Creed distracted. Given Gambit's agility, I am confident that he can avoid Creed's attacks for a time.    
 Once it is a two on one, Creed will probably be overwhelmed by the two top agility users in the 616 universe. After all, they do not have to kill Creed. He does not have an unbreakable skull so well placed kinetically charged cards or twin adamantium batons may render him incapacitated temporarily. If that fails, Gambit can still take one for the team and charge up Creed's head while taking a potentially lethal strike.  "
I believe my argument still stands.  "
I second this, DD will be able to take care of Kurt, and Creed will be able to take on Gambit. Then it will fall on DD VS Creed or worst, Creed vs two.

But what's your take on an initial fight between DD VS Creed and Remy VS NC? I see DD winning with a chance of Gambit losing.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Erik
@MrRagePants said:
But what's your take on an initial fight between DD VS Creed and Remy VS NC? I see DD winning with a chance of Gambit losing. "
I think in a purely H2H battle, Creed would overwhelm Daredevil but fortunately, Daredevil has those batons that have Captain America levels of complexity and accuracy when thrown. If Daredevil can knock Creed out, he will win but Creed of the AoA is a cunning opponent and may be able to avoid that. If he can, he could just overpower Daredevil over time. Daredevil has villains that have comparable strength and is never in too much trouble with them but Creed also has fighting ability. So I think after an extended battle, Creed would win. 

Gambit's agility would keep him safe from Nightcrawler's swordplay. He is fast enough to hit Nightcrawler back as well so I think that either character will be able to overcome Kurt. 
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By progenitorigin

My vote goes to team AoA.  Unlike 616 Creed, AoA Creed holds back much of his bloodlust in favor of combat skill, until certain instances (such as when he took it to Holocaust--one of the best moments in AoA).  AoA Gambit is also a bit more cutthroat, shown when he killed Wolverine by tucking a chunk of kinetically charged rock under his belt.  Even though both DD and Gambit are exceptionally agile & trained, I think that 295 Kurt & Creed have the edge in their training with Magneto (& Creed during his time with the horsemen), taught never to hold back in battle. 

That being said, glad someone used the 295-verse, Age of Apocalypse is one of my all-time favorite comic series. 
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#49  Edited By Power NeXus
@k4tzm4n said:

This thread makes me wish I had.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Erik
@progenitor:  
Creed does not just hold back his bloodlust, he had his fill of it. He does not have this demon inside him anymore like his 616 counterpart or Wolverine. That said, he is a great fighter but he is not a top tier fighter.  

There is nothing that leads me to believe that AoA Kurt is a better fighter or swordsman than his 616 counterpart either. Just because he is unaffected by killing does not make him better. In fact, I would say it makes him worse because 616 Kurt has to be skilled enough with dangerous weapons and still avoid killing.