Anyone else a bit unsatisfied with the DB of Goku and Superman?

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shninja

Death Battle is probably dubbed as the canon/ official internet analysis of battles between fictional characters, I find it very entertaining and backs it's results with a lot of explanations. It's just that in the most recent DB of Goku versus Superman, some comments on the youtube teaser and DB website has raised doubts in me that Boomstick and Wiz (show hosts) may not have calculated Goku's numbers accurately. I know, Goku's numbers are difficult to measure to an accurate state because the show never really introduced numbers to showcase character feats, but when I say inaccurately, I mean completely off. Here's why:

1. GT was used as SSJ4 was introduced. Therefore in this DB, GT is considered canon, apart from Future Goku whose numbers could not be estimated. However we can still measure Base Goku's strength at the beginning of GT.

2. Base GT Goku was toying with Uub, whose power level is the equivalent of Kid Buu. Though Uub was not properly trained for combat, he relied on his anger and instincts in this fight, just like how Kid Buu was in DBZ. Though obviously without the use of Ki, Uub's fighting ability is still below Kid Buu's, however his close combat abilities should be on par with Kid Buu's.

What does this imply? Goku at SSJ3 almost barely kept up with Kid Buu (who was using Ki blasts) in DBZ. So if Base GT Goku could handle Uub in close quarter combat, it implies that his power at the beginning of GT is near SSJ3. Thus using DB's gravity formula, base Goku's ability in Strength output should be at DBZ SSj3 level, which according to Death Battle is 16,000 tons. Which implicates that his maximum Strength potential should be:

16,000 (base) x 50 x 2 x 4 x 10 = 640,000,000 tons

Meaning in the versus Superman DB, his speed calculations were also off, which I'm too lazy to do right now.

3. Back to point 1, since GT Goku and SSj4 is available for judging(apart from Future Shenron Goku), the DB should have scaled Goku's power to the beginning of GT, where he was at his PRIME, before he was turned into a kid and 'powers sent into flux' - Quote by Wiz. In the Death Battle video at approximately 28:16 minutes, Boomstick clearly states they should judge Goku and regular Superman at their primes. At 27:48 Wiz states GT Goku's power levels are terribly inconsistent, and then goes on to say "Due to his untimely transformation into a child." Well, what da ya know? Prime Goku doesn't need to be judged as a chibi, he can be judged at beginning of GT.

Therefore for this particular DB, I'd say the calculations for Goku were disadvantageous because they should have used GT Goku (adult), who was clearly at his prime. Just something I thought to share with the community.

- shninja!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dondave

Pretty Satisfied

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheCowman

Yes, I was unsatisfied.

The animation was disappointing.

.......... What?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ComicStooge

I was quite satisfied.

shninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shninja

It seems my title was misleading

inchiso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By inchiso

@shninja said:

DBZ sucks lol i used to watch it, then i saw batman and i know its the real deal.

Avatar image for supermanwins465
SupermanWins465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SupermanWins465
Extremely unsatisfied.
Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By SupremeHyperion

@inchiso said:

@shninja said:

DBZ sucks, trust me i am asian and i know.

I'm not asian and I sort of know :)

Either way, Is it really important what some dudes making a video decide would happen? have your opinion about the fight and leave it at that. we all see things differently , they (death battles) were just ones who shared what they thought from what they know. everything will be ok.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By SoA

it was entertaining ,rooting for Goku whole time lol

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@shninja:

I agree with what you are saying, but I still agree with the outcome of the fight. The numbers were just on Supes' side.

That being said, they totally misrepresented Goku's abilities and fighting skills, and seemingly stacked the deck against him.

There is no way that Goku wouldn't feel Supes' power fluxtuating as the fight progressed, so it stands to say that he would have figured out Supes power supply fairly early on. What he would have done with the info is up in the air, but I don't buy the blow him into the sun bit since he shouldn't have even gotten out of the atmosphere.

After Goku went SS4, with IT, Goku would/could have stopped Supes from getting above the clouds (in the setting they chose), and with that Goku could have better controlled the fight. As much as there is a speed disadvantage on Goku's side (and there is no proof Supes can fight while going the speed Batman said he could, other than the tag line, "he's as strong as he needs to be"), IT is instant, and since they took in to consideration all the movies, Goku can fight in IT. That is faster than any speed Superman can go. They just made Goku out to be a complete idiot, where in the fight, everyone knows he is the complete oposite.

In conjunction with that, they also seemed to forget that he doesn't need to put his fingers to he forhead in order to use IT in combat. There are plenty of instances were Goku used IT in conjunction with other moves, so again, that is kind of suspect.

Overall though, it's whatever...Superman won, and would win.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NeonGameWave

Goku should of won.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By desmond006

I could tell they would give it to superman within the first few minutes. There was a lot of BS in my opinion but Superman would still most likely win even if they did a better job.

shninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shninja

onilordasmodeus Finally someone who's replying to the point I'm making. Good for you.

Yeah, I don't disagree about Superman winning, his numbers are WAYYYY up there. Octillion, Sextillion, that's just too crazy

I just felt that the show hosts did not understand Goku's abilities and persona as much as they should have. They sure were familiar with Superman's capabilities, though.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aronmorales

I was pretty satisfied.

Don't tell my best friend I said that though.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By nefarious

I was satisfied.

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cliffrice

While the benchmark with Supes moving a planet was impressive. wasn't GL helping with that as well?

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cliffrice said:

While the benchmark with Supes moving a planet was impressive. wasn't GL helping with that as well?

In JLA? Because if you are referring to that I believe Martian Manhunter and Winder Woman helped

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

If you're a Goku fan, you're dissatisfied. 

If you're a Superman fan, you're satisfied. Simple as that.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SuperJedi17

The end was unsatisfying.It was quite anticlimactic.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jorgevy

I wasn't satisfied. Im never satisfied with any of those Death battles. the only thing I like are the actual animations of the battles, they are entertaining. otherwise the show sucks IMO and it's not that good when it comes to battles. ComicVine has tons of people who could easily outclass those two guys there

Avatar image for cerberusprime3k
CerberusPrime3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CerberusPrime3k

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/sidescrollers/sidescrollers-reactionary-reaction

Skip to 16:00 if you want to hear about their reaction to the aftermath of the Death Battle and reasoning of their calculations.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#22  Edited By Joygirl

Quite satisfied. There was a margin of error large enough that even if they forgot a decent feat, Superman was still miles ahead.

Avatar image for terrybogard2014
TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By TerryBogard2014

goku lost.

get over it lol

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shawnbaby

This topic has been done to death. So, some guys put together a video and your mancrush Goku lost. Get over it. I'm sure you can find another video somewhere else where Goku wins and the Superman fanboys can be just as butthurt about that as you are about this.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@CerberusPrime3k said:

http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/sidescrollers/sidescrollers-reactionary-reaction

Skip to 16:00 if you want to hear about their reaction to the aftermath of the Death Battle and reasoning of their calculations.

They actually explained it pretty nice, it's ridiculous how many people accused them of being ''Superman fanboys'' simply because they had him win. 
ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By ImmortalOne

It's a fan video on the Internet. Get over it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fan-made calculations over Character/Author Statements you choose

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

I'ma fan of both and am quite satisfied. Very satisfied indeed. See despite my love for DBZ, I am quite pissed with the ignorance of its fanboys regarding western comics especially regarding Superman. Yes, Superman has tons of fanboys as well. True. But not as ignorant and bitter as DBZ fanboys. Calculations aside (which I think was pretty good), I loved the result as it shut up the side the needs shutting up the more.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dredeuced

They messed up some details, but they got the outcome right: Superman should be able to beat Goku, and he fallout would be pretty damned enormous if they went all out.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ImmortalOne

Well at least they didn't lowball Superman to death. *very unsubtle insult*

spacerodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By spacerodan

I was satisfied and thought it was fun to watch. to anyone who questioned the math done this article was made by someone else to include powerlevels. It Improves gokus numbers but not even this would have given him the win.

Ultimately the problem with Goku is his lack of quantifiable feats which was why the gravity formula was made. The formula worked as his times ten training feats, multiplied by 586 for his late series base, then by the super saiyan multipliers.

I have also noticed a number of people (no one here on the vine but many on youtube) who just watched the fight and not the research notes before and after. Thus missing a lot of what was said

In particular the rules for the match stated no power levels and no power scaling, and that any official sources that don't contradict the origional writing count. This gave Goku the movies and GT, and Superman Allstar to the Man of Steel.

Goku has an impressive fanbase but at the end of the day the numbers were against him. Wiz said it best I think, "What happans when you send someone who breaks his limits (Goku) against a man who has no limits (Superman). Only one has limits to give.

Long story short it was just for fun. the research was there of course but people will ALWAYS argue this until DC comics and Akira Toriyama themselves answer it.

Next Goku will contact Supes from other world, tell him about the namekian dragonballs, the earth will be fixed and Goku will probably ask for a round two, they will probably start to get along and Joker will recieve the scare of his life when Goku tains The Goddamn Batman in Ki usage.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By GunGunW

@ImmortalOne said:

It's a fan video on the Internet. Get over it.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CalebHara

Death Battle really doesn't care about you opinion, lol. They are intelligent individuals, and they obviously wouldn't have taken a battle like that without thinking about the negative comments that they would receive. Any way that the battle went, they knew their would be some butthurt fanboys from both sides raging at them because their favourite superhero lost. They actually made their calculations and arguments extremely well and you can tell that they did their homework... and ALOT of it. In the end, they make a lot of sense Goku is and ever will be miles behind the man of steel.

Pointless thread.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I remember seeing Supermans Fanatics saying they didn't care what ends up being the outcome on Death Battle. That it was just an opinion, so it doesn't matter. AKA Low Key scared that DB would say GOKU wins. NOW! all I see is Superman Fanatics bragging about it.

so... yea... ... ... whatever

I honestly DGTS* I loved the match, but i wish both fanatics would stop talking about it in general. (+)

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AngryHulks

Well, at least they also get the info from DBZ fan sites.

chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By chaos-soul

The only problem i have is they they only used feat highs and not low showings for both. other wise it was awesome and opens up a whole world of cross over fanfic for me, am i the only one who wants to see goku and superman fuse to beat some super op villain?

shninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By shninja

It's only my first thread here and frankly, I'm surprised at how many people here are jumping to conclusions that I'm a butthurt Goku wanker and then proceeding to insult me. (Not even referring to my opinion in the opening post!)

So for those who don't read. This thread is about:

My disappointment that Goku is misrepresented in this Death Battle, he is made to seem like an idiot in the whole fight, and I think this is partly due to low-balled calculations. Nonetheless Supe would have won, that has been made very clear by numbers. My point of view in this thread is that I feel the Superman VS Goku Death Battle could have been executed better, and I am asking if you people feel the same or any different.

Enough with the judgmental 'Goku lost get over it' comments, guys.

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By niBBit

Who cares about some random Death Battle between Superman and Goku its not some official thing.

Miki1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Miki1111

Im very disappointed :(

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ImmortalOne

@chaos-soul said:

The only problem i have is they they only used feat highs and not low showings for both. other wise it was awesome and opens up a whole world of cross over fanfic for me, am i the only one who wants to see goku and superman fuse to beat some super op villain?

I think only using the high end showings would be best, or else you have a bunch of jobber/PIS incidents where Superman is defeated by people like Lobo, who should have never defeated him in the first place, which is exactly what some people do to try to say Goku would win (another not so subtle insult directed towards someone).

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

@shninja said:

It's only my first thread here and frankly, I'm surprised at how many people here are jumping to conclusions that I'm a butthurt Goku wanker and then proceeding to insult me. (Not even referring to my opinion in the opening post!)

My disappointment that Goku is misrepresented in this Death Battle, he is made to seem like an idiot in the whole fight, and I think this is partly due to low-balled calculations. Nonetheless Supe would have won, that has been made very clear by numbers. My point of view in this thread is that I feel the Superman VS Goku Death Battle could have been executed better, and I am asking if you people feel the same or any different.

Goku lost. Get over it, mate. LOL! Joking. Peace!

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

I'm satisfied because they got it right.

Avatar image for thesecondopinion
TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheSecondOpinion
TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

I'm satisfied.

I think the only Death Battle I didn't agree with was Peach vs Zelda.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By theONEtaichou

@shninja said:

I agree exactly with you. To my understanding many things because they were not structured in a comic format were downplayed, probably not understood as well vs the feats and knowledge of superman.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

They made Rogue beat Wonder Woman, what do you expext.

Note: I agree with the outcome of Superman vs Goku.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By renamed040924

They got a few things wrong, but I'm curious about this Superman moving the Earth feat. I've never seen that before anywhere, the closest thing is him FAILING to move Earth even with the help of Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter. Can someone shed some light on this feat?

Zishun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zishun

It's funny how I didn't hear any DBZ fans having a problem with the Vegeta vs Shadow Death Battle.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By theONEtaichou

@Zishun said:

It's funny how I didn't hear any DBZ fans having a problem with the Vegeta vs Shadow Death Battle.

coz we Vegeta fans are more rational like our prince? lol...

Zishun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zishun

@theONEtaichou said:

@Zishun said:

coz we Vegeta fans are more rational like our prince? lol...

LOL maybe mate, maybe.