midnighter

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By comicace3

Whoa... um does the time and date actually matter? And damn thats a lot of description.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CalebHara

@comicace3: i like to get specific, and no, they dont really matter at all

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CalebHara

bump

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By laflux

Nice Battle

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Strider1992

Anti-Venom both rounds easily. Midnighter can't hurt him without doors.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NeonGameWave

Midnighter.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Killemall

@Strider92 said:

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By XiiX

@Strider92 said:

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By slimj87d

I'm going with Anti-Venom. He has no weaknesses and can heal instantly from most of what Midnighter can dish out at him. It pretty much took magic or a special poison to hurt Anti-Venom which Midnighter has neither of.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dondave

Anti-Venom ftw

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By laflux

@Strider92:

@Killemall:

He hurt Maul and Hawksmoor, who are both at least as strong, if not stronger than Anti-Venom. Anti-Venom also got Koed by a direct shotgun blast to the Head by Punisher, although he healed quickly enough. I favor Anti-Venom too, but I don't think it would be easy.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux said:

@Strider92:

@Killemall:

He hurt Maul and Hawksmoor, who are both at least as strong, if not stronger than Anti-Venom. Anti-Venom also got Koed by a direct shotgun blast to the Head by Punisher, although he healed quickly enough. I favor Anti-Venom too, but I don't think it would be easy.

Strength isn't the problem. What it comes down to is that Midnighter cannot harm Anti-Venom in the slightest. Physical attacks do nothing and Anti-Venom has no conventional symbiote weakness's. Fire and sonics don't do anything to him. Without some kind of energy projection Anti-Venom is nigh impossible to put down. Although Midnighter is faster and more skilled what it comes down to is there is nothing can do to give him the win. Whereas Anti-Venom is strong enough and brutal enough to take out Midnighter when he does eventually get his hands on him or he could simply "cure" Midnighter as he did to Spider-man.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By laflux

@Strider92 said:

@laflux said:

@Strider92:

@Killemall:

Strength isn't the problem. What it comes down to is that Midnighter cannot harm Anti-Venom in the slightest. Physical attacks do nothing and Anti-Venom has no conventional symbiote weakness's. Fire and sonics don't do anything to him. Without some kind of energy projection Anti-Venom is nigh impossible to put down. Although Midnighter is faster and more skilled what it comes down to is there is nothing can do to give him the win. Whereas Anti-Venom is strong enough and brutal enough to take out Midnighter when he does eventually get his hands on him or he could simply "cure" Midnighter as he did to Spider-man.

Midnighter's powers aren't Radioactive/Spider based though. I thought his curing powers only worked around those stipulations?

I'll give the Wildstorm expert a call.......

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux said:

Midnighter's powers aren't Radioactive/Spider based though. I thought his curing powers only worked around those stipulations?

The Queen's virus wasn't radioactive based and Brock was curing that just fine.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By laflux

@Strider92 said:

@laflux said:

The Queen's virus wasn't radioactive based and Brock was curing that just fine.

Ah, but her powers derived around insects/Spiders etc.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux: Anti-Venom's powers work by purging impurities from the body. Spider-man's radioactive blood was an impurity as was the virus it had nothing to do with them being Spider-based. He's also cured drug users of their addiction in his mini-series if you need an example. The source of Midnighter's powers would be classed the same. The only thing that probably wouldn't be effected is his battle computer due to it being electronic however thats not much use if his superhuman stats are gone.

Again I doubt Anti-Venom would even need to do this to win given that he can take whatever Midnighter can dish out without much trouble.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By laflux

@Strider92 said:

@laflux: Anti-Venom's powers work by purging impurities from the body. Spider-man's radioactive blood was an impurity as was the virus it had nothing to do with them being Spider-based. He's also cured drug users of their addiction in his mini-series if you need an example. The source of Midnighter's powers would be classed the same. The only thing that probably wouldn't be effected is his battle computer due to it being electronic however thats not much use if his superhuman stats are gone.

Again I doubt Anti-Venom would even need to do this to win given that he can take whatever Midnighter can dish out without much trouble.

Right I remember now in the Anti-Venom Punisher team up. I guess its my turn to use this Gif

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux: hey gif's are my thing!?

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CalebHara

@Strider92: if i changed it to doors on, what would your verdict be? would that make it a closer match?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Strider1992

@CalebHara: Well Midnighter would auto-win by BFR then so it wouldn't really be closer lol.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#23  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Strider92 said:

@laflux said:

@Strider92:

@Killemall:

If Anti-Venom actually was knocked out, even briefly, by a shotgun blast to the head, then your claim that physical attacks do nothing is baseless. I don't know if it's true because I've read probably just a handful of appearances by Anti-Venom, but if it is, he can be hurt, and by something that's far less than what Midnighter can dish out. And that's before getting into Midnighter's range of explosives which top out at "visible from space" in their power. Not having a weakness doesn't mean you're unbeatable, it just means you get beaten by everything pretty much equally. As for this curing of Midnighter you suppose, I find it unlikely that it would work. Forgetting for a moment the various countermeasures inside Midnighter (some biological and some technological), Midnighter isn't impure the way your examples were. Radiation, a virus, and drug addictions aren't really the same as having your body made out of different materials or something like that. You don't "cure" a pacemaker or an artificial limb and Midnighter's impurities aren't biochemical impurities like Anti-Venom has dealt with.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By laflux

@Buckshot:

Again, Anti-Venom healed quickly, but he was Koed for a bit. Also kinda shows his lack of speed, although his back was turned and unsuspecting.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Strider1992

@Buckshot said:

If Anti-Venom actually was knocked out, even briefly, by a shotgun blast to the head, then your claim that physical attacks do nothing is baseless. I don't know if it's true because I've read probably just a handful of appearances by Anti-Venom, but if it is, he can be hurt, and by something that's far less than what Midnighter can dish out. And that's before getting into Midnighter's range of explosives which top out at "visible from space" in their power. Not having a weakness doesn't mean you're unbeatable, it just means you get beaten by everything pretty much equally. As for this curing of Midnighter you suppose, I find it unlikely that it would work. Forgetting for a moment the various countermeasures inside Midnighter (some biological and some technological), Midnighter isn't impure the way your examples were. Radiation, a virus, and drug addictions aren't really the same as having your body made out of different materials or something like that. You don't "cure" a pacemaker or an artificial limb and Midnighter's impurities aren't biochemical impurities like Anti-Venom has dealt with.

To be honest I don't remember this shot-gun scene that is being referred too any chance you could show me a scan of this? However in his first appearance Anti-Venom was shrugging off blows from Spider-man and Venom quite easily. I would say these should deal much more damage than a bullet. He was also shot multiple times in New Ways To Die with no ill effects. As for him curing Midnighter it was said in Midnighter's solo series (in issue 10 I believe) that he was a normal human before signing up with Stormwatch Black. Yes he has technological enhancements and these ones would most likely remain untouched but he also has biological ones as well. These would be considered impurities as they are foreign to his body due to them being placed there by Bendix and are just as curable as any other foreign variable.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By laflux

@Strider92 said:

@Buckshot said:

To be honest I don't remember this shot-gun scene that is being referred too any chance you could show me a scan of this? However in his first appearance Anti-Venom was shrugging off blows from Spider-man and Venom quite easily. I would say these should deal much more damage than a bullet. He was also shot multiple times in New Ways To Die with no ill effects. As for him curing Midnighter it was said in Midnighter's solo series (in issue 10 I believe) that he was a normal human before signing up with Stormwatch Black. Yes he has technological enhancements and these ones would most likely remain untouched but he also has biological ones as well. These would be considered impurities as they are foreign to his body due to them being placed there by Bendix and are just as curable as any other foreign variable.

The scan is just above your post lol.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux said:

The scan is just above your post lol.

Oh snap. That will teach me too look instead of just following the message in my inbox lol!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Strider92 said:

With the image posted I think claims of Anti-Venom being "nigh impossible to put down" should be reassessed. Anti-Venom taking hits from Spider-Man and Venom is nice, but that doesn't make him invulnerable any more than Midnighter taking hits from Jack Hawksmoor then beating him nearly to death makes him invulnerable. What are the biological enhancements Anti-Venom would cure? To me, there is nothing similar to the clearly detrimental conditions that Anti-Venom has cured, and even if there were, Midnighter has actual defenses against alterations to his biological makeup.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By laflux

@Buckshot said:

@Strider92 said:

With the image posted I think claims of Anti-Venom being "nigh impossible to put down" should be reassessed. Anti-Venom taking hits from Spider-Man and Venom is nice, but that doesn't make him invulnerable any more than Midnighter taking hits from Jack Hawksmoor then beating him nearly to death makes him invulnerable. What are the biological enhancements Anti-Venom would cure? To me, there is nothing similar to the clearly detrimental conditions that Anti-Venom has cured, and even if there were, Midnighter has actual defenses against alterations to his biological makeup.

Could you elaborate on these defenses please?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Strider1992

@Buckshot said:

I will agree that this does change my outlook on his durability slightly however this was done at close range and had plot help. Anti-Venom was unaware he was there and in that very series when Frank attempted to kill him again the symbiote acted of its own free will protecting Brock from the danger before he even knew about it. Allowing Punisher to creep up on him and put a shot gun to his head seems slightly fishy to me. Even then I would think a shot-gun shell at close range to the head probably deals more damage than a blow from Midnighter or his bo-staff.

How are Spider-man's powers detrimental? The allow him with superhuman abilities with no ill effects to himself. Yes Midnighter does have a healing factor but so does Venom and Anti-Venom had little trouble bypassing that (twice). As I said before things that are solidly implanted in Midnighter such as microchips or other electronics will remain unaffected however I see no reason why his biological ones should not be as Brock's powers have worked quite consistently on people with biological differences.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@laflux said:

Could you elaborate on these defenses please?

Midnighter's immune system beat aids in (I think) six weeks and colds never stay in system for more than a few minutes. His body reacts quickly and forcefully to foreign processes acting on it. His blood was also used to normalize The Doctor's body after he overdosed on heroin and was looking at permanent braid damage. As for the defenses that have been shown to be technological, when Angie went into Midnighter's brain nanomachines tried to kill her. And more recently, when Assassin8 had a nerve toxin tailor made to take Midnighter down, Midnighter was still fighting on unhindered well beyond when it was supposed to kick in, and when Assassin8 fought Midnighter again no long after (not long at all, he went to The Carrier, tried to kill the Authority and then got sent back to Midnighter by Jenny), Midnighter was completely immune.

@Strider92: A shotgun blast to Maul, Sebastian, Apollo, or Brutus would be shrugged off, and Midnighter has floored all of these characters. Jack Hawksmoor was still conscious and ready to fight after two close range shot gun blasts and getting hit by a wrecking ball when he was mostly depowered, and as I said before, Midnighter has beaten him nearly to death and he did that when he was at full power. Midnighter looks to be able to do damage to Anti-Venom with his fists, and if he can't he can't, he could always shove a large explosive down his throat.

I asked for specifically what biological enhancements Anti-Venom would cure. Spider-Man's powers don't seem detrimental but they technically fall under "radiation poisoning". You may not agree, but with Anti-Venom having cured things like diseases, chemical addictions, and radiation, to me his powers seem to work on a different set of things than Midnighter's upgrades so I don't think it would work, and even if it might potentially work, I think Midnighter's defenses are solid enough that on the off chance that Anti-Venom can affect him, the affect will be greatly minimized. And that's assuming Anti-Venom touches him. Midnighter once fought against two androids that only had to touch him once to deactivate his powers and we never found out if that claim was real because he effortlessly beat them both without them touching him or him making contact with them.

Avatar image for the_happy_wendingo
The_Happy_Wendingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Midnighter loses h2h, wins with doors.