#1 Posted by DarkScarecrow (366 posts) - - Show Bio
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Battlefield ; The Brookyn Bridge. There are no people or vehicles around. 
NO DOORS. 
Standard morals. 
Standard winning rules. 
NO prep for either. 
Midnighter is armed with his gear. 
Both will start 24 ft. away. 
#2 Posted by Oni_Bane (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Venom FTW

#3 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oni_Bane said:

Anti-Venom FTW

this

#4 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Venom stomps.

#5 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to say Anti Venom wins but doesnt Midnighter cheating CPU auto win any match on Comicvine lol

#6 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Could see an argument being made either way. Not a stomp.

#7 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure Midnighter still wins via battle computer. He's rumbled with speedsters and bricks tougher than Anti-Venom.

#8 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3504 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly dnt kno. Does midnighter have the strength to put anti-venom down. That's the golden question. Anti-venom is almost a class 100 in strength. Plus his speed, reflexes, agility surpasses spiderman. He also have an healing factor that's better than wolverines. And also he has something similar to spider sense. Except his spider sense is much stronger than spiderman

#9 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oni_Bane said:

Anti-Venom FTW

#10 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Venom would win. I still think Spider-Man would have a shot and Anti-Venom is far more powerful.

#11 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghost_rider1 said:

I honestly dnt kno. Does midnighter have the strength to put anti-venom down. That's the golden question. Anti-venom is almost a class 100 in strength. Plus his speed, reflexes, agility surpasses spiderman. He also have an healing factor that's better than wolverines. And also he has something similar to spider sense. Except his spider sense is much stronger than spiderman

He is? damn i knew he was strong, but is he that strong? wow.

Wasnt toxin meant to be the strongest?

#12 Posted by Strider92 (16607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Anti-Venom was definitely more powerful than Toxin to what extent i'm not sure. I'm gonna say as there's no doors Anti-Venom wins. He has no conventional symbiote weakness (fire, sonics etc...) Midnighter has no way of actually hurting him.

Online
#13 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter wins

#14 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

Midnighter wins

Explain.

#15 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

What feats am I not remembering that puts Anti-Venom above Toxin and in the 100-ton class?

#16 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Stronger said:

Midnighter wins

Explain.

Tagged speedsters.Fights Atrocitus

#17 Posted by heymanjack (716 posts) - - Show Bio

What does the doors do anyway?

#18 Edited by CosmosTyrant (490 posts) - - Show Bio

@heymanjack:

Midnighter will give AV a hell of a fight.

#19 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@ghost_rider1 said:

I honestly dnt kno. Does midnighter have the strength to put anti-venom down. That's the golden question. Anti-venom is almost a class 100 in strength. Plus his speed, reflexes, agility surpasses spiderman. He also have an healing factor that's better than wolverines. And also he has something similar to spider sense. Except his spider sense is much stronger than spiderman

He is? damn i knew he was strong, but is he that strong? wow.

@BringnIt said:

What feats am I not remembering that puts Anti-Venom above Toxin and in the 100-ton class?

I'm also curious.

Moderator
#20 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Killemall: Anti-Venom was definitely more powerful than Toxin to what extent i'm not sure. I'm gonna say as there's no doors Anti-Venom wins. He has no conventional symbiote weakness (fire, sonics etc...) Midnighter has no way of actually hurting him.

Powerful than toxin? Not sure about that because Marvel outright states Toxin is the "strongest" symboite, but then maybe Anti-Venom is considered more powerful. I knoweledge of Anti-Venom is lacking but i do remember an issue where they tried both, sonic sounds, fire and a bomb blast to stop him, none of which works. I think Anti-venom can take it, but i am really surprised to hear he's class 100 :s

@Buckshot said:

@BringnIt said:

What feats am I not remembering that puts Anti-Venom above Toxin and in the 100-ton class?

I'm also curious.

LOL oh well can all join the queue of curiosity

#21 Posted by Strider92 (16607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: I don't think he's a 100tonner. I don't recall any feats to suggest that. I think he's more around the 40ton mark but he is more powerful. As I said just now he has no conventional symbiote weakness but his main ability is that he "cure" people. He almost took away Spider-man's powers by doing this.

Online
#22 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Killemall: I don't think he's a 100tonner. I don't recall any feats to suggest that. I think he's more around the 40ton mark but he is more powerful. As I said just now he has no conventional symbiote weakness but his main ability is that he "cure" people. He almost took away Spider-man's powers by doing this.

LOL we seem to be talking right about the same issue, something i read about 3 months ago :)

Well with a 40 ton mark (assuming its correct coz i have no clue) Toxin would still be the strongest .

So well we are both technically correct then.

#23 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Stronger said:

Midnighter wins

Explain.

Tagged speedsters.Fights Atrocitus

meh! bad explanation, he never won that fight and Atrocitus was already injured to begin with. Also Atrocitus has pretty much no feat of clear victory against anyone, at least not till Red Lantern 11 (havent been able to follow after that)

#24 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Yeah,I know.....I am bored to death.....

#25 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

@Killemall: Yeah,I know.....I am bored to death.....

Well, that's what God created bear and comics for.

#26 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, I'm also curious to see validation for strength claims for Anti-Venom, Venom, and Carnage. Anyone willing to help me out?

Moderator
#27 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis said:

@Stronger said:

@Killemall: Yeah,I know.....I am bored to death.....

Well, that's what God created bear and comics for.

Love you man!

#28 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

anti venom wins

#29 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

@DocFatalis said:

@Stronger said:

@Killemall: Yeah,I know.....I am bored to death.....

Well, that's what God created bear and comics for.

Love you man!

uh!! bromance :p , go kiss him already :p

#30 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Stronger said:

@DocFatalis said:

@Stronger said:

@Killemall: Yeah,I know.....I am bored to death.....

Well, that's what God created bear and comics for.

Love you man!

uh!! bromance :p , go kiss him already :p

Smack<3

#31 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

No way in hell is Anti-Venom a 100 tonner...

#32 Posted by laflux (16218 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@ghost_rider1 said:

I honestly dnt kno. Does midnighter have the strength to put anti-venom down. That's the golden question. Anti-venom is almost a class 100 in strength. Plus his speed, reflexes, agility surpasses spiderman. He also have an healing factor that's better than wolverines. And also he has something similar to spider sense. Except his spider sense is much stronger than spiderman

He is? damn i knew he was strong, but is he that strong? wow.

Wasnt toxin meant to be the strongest?

I thought he was class 40 too.

#33 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot Venom and Carnage are based on official Marvel handbook stats. Venom varies depending on user, but Brock was originally 25-tons and downgraded to like 11 or 13 tons or something along those lines.

#34 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt said:

@Buckshot Venom and Carnage are based on official Marvel handbook stats. Venom varies depending on user, but Brock was originally 25-tons and downgraded to like 11 or 13 tons or something along those lines.

And what are those figures? And does that mean there's no support for them in actual comics?

Moderator
#35 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot Not sure if I am interpreting your question correctly, but it's supposed to be what a character can overhead press at rest. In terms of comparison to what takes place in the comics, Spider-Man is supposed to be a ten tonner and has feats way above that, and Brock Venom of course used to manhandle him physically, and Carnage has manhandled both simultaneously.

#36 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter got those doors? he throws anti venom in space

#37 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: Well my first question was what exactly are they quoted as. As for the characters manhandling Spider-Man, I find it pretty rare that characters are matching strength to strength. Throwing a couple-hundred pound Parker around wouldn't require much strength, and that sort of thing, strikes and throws, are much more how the spider characters fight, as opposed to the wrestling/grappling of bricks like Hulk and Thing are more likely to engage in. Even matching strength to strength, being able to easily out muscle a 10 tonner wouldn't necessarily make someone a 25 tonner, 40 tonner, or the 100 tonner that people call the some of the symbiotes. Is fighting Spider-Man the only strength feats these characters can bost?

Moderator
#38 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall

@Strider92 said:

@Killemall: I don't think he's a 100tonner. I don't recall any feats to suggest that. I think he's more around the 40ton mark but he is more powerful. As I said just now he has no conventional symbiote weakness but his main ability is that he "cure" people. He almost took away Spider-man's powers by doing this.

LOL we seem to be talking right about the same issue, something i read about 3 months ago :)

Well with a 40 ton mark (assuming its correct coz i have no clue) Toxin would still be the strongest .

So well we are both technically correct then.

In the marvel official handbook. Brock was able to lift 70 tons. When he is venom. Symbiotes doesn't really have a base strength because it incfreases with their rage. Toxin could lift over 100 tons when he is pissed off. I read that a pissed off carnage could lift 80. Anti-venom is somewhere around that level. He can lift more than 40 tons. That much I do know.
#39 Posted by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghost_rider1 said:

In the marvel official handbook. Brock was able to lift 70 tons. When he is venom. Symbiotes doesn't really have a base strength because it incfreases with their rage. Toxin could lift over 100 tons when he is pissed off. I read that a pissed off carnage could lift 80. Anti-venom is somewhere around that level. He can lift more than 40 tons. That much I do know.

Brock cant lift 70 tons? Thats erm really weird to hear, do you have the scans of the bio?

Because last i checked Spiderman was listed as a 10 tonner, Venom, Carnage both were class 4 in terms of strength (which is from 800 pounds to 25 tons), while Toxin was class 5 (25 - 75 tons) and given marvel tendency to have the upper limit generally be correct i was of the opinion that:

Spiderman - 10 tonner

Venom / Carnage - 25 tonner (although someone mentioned Venom now is actually been written weaker than that)

Toxin - 75 tonner

Never see a bio of anti-venom like at all.

#40 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@grimlock said:

Midnighter got those doors? he throws anti venom in space

Doors are not allowed.

#41 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@grimlock said:

Midnighter got those doors? he throws anti venom in space

Doors are not allowed.

well that spoils the fun...but still midnighter i don't know how but somehow. this guy is a resourceful tough cookie

#42 Posted by jashro44 (22266 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

Actually, I'm also curious to see validation for strength claims for Anti-Venom, Venom, and Carnage. Anyone willing to help me out?

Anti venoms bio has him ranked as an 11 tonner all though gargan was a 40 tonner and brock went blow for blow with him iirc so he might be a 40 tonner. In terms of strength feats matching spider-man is the main one. Brock has proven a few time to be stronger then spider-man by there encounters (much stronger).

Online
#43 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall

@ghost_rider1 said:

In the marvel official handbook. Brock was able to lift 70 tons. When he is venom. Symbiotes doesn't really have a base strength because it incfreases with their rage. Toxin could lift over 100 tons when he is pissed off. I read that a pissed off carnage could lift 80. Anti-venom is somewhere around that level. He can lift more than 40 tons. That much I do know.

Brock cant lift 70 tons? Thats erm really weird to hear, do you have the scans of the bio?

Because last i checked Spiderman was listed as a 10 tonner, Venom, Carnage both were class 4 in terms of strength (which is from 800 pounds to 25 tons), while Toxin was class 5 (25 - 75 tons) and given marvel tendency to have the upper limit generally be correct i was of the opinion that:

Spiderman - 10 tonner

Venom / Carnage - 25 tonner (although someone mentioned Venom now is actually been written weaker than that)

Toxin - 75 tonner

Never see a bio of anti-venom like at all.

The strength of the symbiotes to my knowledge hasn't been recorded. But it was said when a symbioter gets angry then it becomes bigger. I have seen that from venom and toxin. When they get mad, the bigger it gets and also the stronger it get. I went on the website to get an estimate of their peak strength. If u type in eddie brock earth 616. It will give u a full bio of eddie brock as venom, anti-venom and toxin. And if u scroll down to powers and abilities it will show u where I saw that venom could lift 70 tons. And anti-venom is stronger than him
#44 Posted by Joygirl (20042 posts) - - Show Bio

Eddie should win.

#45 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Anti-Venom stomps.

What if Midnighter opens doors?

#46 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Anti-Venom stomps.

What if Midnighter opens doors?

Doors aren't allowed in this fight.

#47 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

....Anti Venom is a Class 70. Yep.

#48 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Anti-Venom stomps.

What if Midnighter opens doors?

Doors aren't allowed in this fight.

Oh.

#49 Edited by SlimJ87D (10060 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

@BringnIt said:

@Buckshot Venom and Carnage are based on official Marvel handbook stats. Venom varies depending on user, but Brock was originally 25-tons and downgraded to like 11 or 13 tons or something along those lines.

And what are those figures? And does that mean there's no support for them in actual comics?

No there are. He wasn't downgraded, I think it was the opposite. They never really updated his bio but he always became more stronger and more durable as he used the suit. Carnage was officially rated at 75 tons in the handbook and Venom was able to hold him down till an oncoming train hit him and Venom leaped out of the way.

This was up to Amazing Spider-man 347, and his career went past that issue. I believe this was his last updated bio.

Now MacGargan was already a 11 tonner I believe, and witht he symbiote suit he was 60 tons. Anti-Venom tangoed with him, took his strongest blows and delivered similar blows. But that was due to mass manipulation and their speed. How much strength Anti-Venom actually has is 40 tons confirmed in his bio. This was by memory, could be wrong.

#50 Posted by comic_book_fan (5680 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmostyrant: i just wanted to comment on this scan it's a whole butt load of pis.

1. midnighter can't fly so unless the door has pull there is no way he is getting back through it.

2. if the door has pull to it why does he tackle her through

3.he would implode just as fast as she did it's not a holding your breath thing.

4.if it were a holding your breath thing he couldn't speak to activate his 2nd door without letting air out which would crush him.

5. what ever he said would not make a sound in space so his voice activated machine would not be able to here his voice to open his 2nd door.