• 118 results
heymanjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By heymanjack

Please remember guys that one scenario has both characters utilize prep time.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Hyper_God

IG Thanos .

MutieLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MutieLover

I know that these battles are hypothetical, but this battle illustrates why cross-company battles make little sense to me.

Pre-Crisis DC was made up of two parts: the matter universe, that was split into "infinite" sub-dimensions varying by vibrations; and a anti-matter universe that was equal to the sum of the matter universe but wasn't divided up (sort of like the Catholic church vs Protestantism...). The Anti-Monitor was able to do his thing by slowly absorbing the positive-universe partitions and altering the balance of power.

While Marvel has the concept of parallel and alternative Earths it doesn't operate in the same way DC did. It has been established that the IG is (near) omnipotent in its home universe only.

The nature of the two universes conflict too much to make this a sensible.

Voodoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Voodoom

@NatalieImbruglia said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Anti-Monitor.

During the one month prep, he'll just destroy the universe, so yeah....

Thanos can destroy the universe and create it back with no prep-time at all. That's what the IG is for.

This may seem like a stupid question but which universe are they fighting in?

IG works in only Marvel Universe. I know its a terrible series but they established that in JLA/Avengers

I love Thanos but AM takes this one.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Voodoom: People are gonna say it ain't canon in Marvel. But what the heck, it is canon in DC and that should count for something.

IF (Big IF) the IG hapens to work in this fight, I'm gonna pick Thanos for the one without prep. See AM is useless without all the energy he's absorbed. I'm thinking he'd just be SCW level without them. He was so powerful towards the end of COIE because of all the energies of the universes he has accumulated.

With prep I'm going to say tie? I don't know. AM towards the end of COIE was so powerful he was able to fight an amped Spectre... I don't care what people think, Spectre before all the jobbing was almost like LT. His limits back then was what was just allowed by the Presence. And I doubt the Presence held him back in the Crisis. I just don't think anyone of the two could hurt the other. Just my 2 cents. If I'm wrong then.. Shutup!

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By a88378438

Destroy the positive matter universe, to enhance their own strength, absorbing its own universe, even beyond the multiverse level

COIE AM easily

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By a88378438

even he not absorbing its own universe, he easily destroy many universe

when he absorb all universe,he even beyond the multiverse level,you can see this:

No Caption Provided

look at COIE AM almost as powerful as DC GOD....

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By TDK_1997

COIE Anti-Monitor wins both rounds.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Thanos

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
@Outside_85

@NatalieImbruglia said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Anti-Monitor.

During the one month prep, he'll just destroy the universe, so yeah....

Thanos can destroy the universe and create it back with no prep-time at all. That's what the IG is for.

Wouldnt that be like shooting himself in the foot since his IG is now out of its universe and useless all of a sudden?

Hmmm battle thread rules are ALL powers and weapons work in these battles so the IG erases AM in the blink of an eye unless someone can put AM on the level of LT or Michael and Lucifer.
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Freefa11

@Voodoom: @ssejllenrad: I generally assume in a thread like this that the weapons specified will actually work, otherwise it's pointless to include them and makes the affair completely lopsided.

One thing I'll just point out, just because I'm not sure if anyone has yet, is that even if the AM can outdo Thanos in regards to raw power output, the IG seemed significantly more versatile with its ability to manipulate time, souls, mind, etc. Didn't AM need Psycho Pirate to help his plan succeed in COIE? Not that that alone is a huge weakness, just an example of his limitations. The Gauntlet gives Thanos a lot of other powers that he should be able to use to some advantage.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By majestic99

Thanos effortlessly stomps. The Infinity Gauntlet makes Thanos more powerful than Eternity(a multiversal entity). Thanos also imprisoned Galactus, just putting that out there....

No Caption Provided
_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By _Black

@majestic99: Do you know anything about the Anti-Monitor, specifically the COIE version?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By majestic99

Yes, and Thanos with IG still wins.

rdskns4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By rdskns4eva

Thanos with the IG stomped all of Marvels cosmic abstracts, save for LT and TOAA. Then he lined them up like they were in Kindergarten. Im not too familar with the Anti-Monitor, but damn. I mean, Thanos did prove to be carless with the IG, but when he was focused with it, he was freaking deadly.

Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, both rounds.
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By Dex_Starr

@majestic99 said:

No, he doesn't. Eternity is a UNIVERSAL abstract, multi Eternity is a multiversal abstract who Thanos with the IG never beat. Thanos only beat Universal abstracts. AM would kill him effortlessly

Not sure about the prep fight but in a random fight Thanos dies horribly.

@majestic99 said:

Thanos also imprisoned Galactus

Right, because Galactus is totally comparable to Anti Monitor [rolls eyes]

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Dex_Starr

@rdskns4eva:Thanos only beat the universal abstracts, he never beat a multiversal abstract. The Infinity Gauntlet at best is a universal power, Thanos would get slaughtered here.

Avatar image for zorn_a_rust_red_scythe
Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dex_Starr said:

@majestic99 said:

No, he doesn't. Eternity is a UNIVERSAL abstract, multi Eternity is a multiversal abstract who Thanos with the IG never beat. Thanos only beat Universal abstracts. AM would kill him effortlessly

@majestic99 said:

First off, there's no such thing as Multi-Eternity. That was the nickname Captain Universe gave to 616 Eternity, which is the core of the Marvel Omniverse. He even refers to Eternity as simply Eternity in the very same page that he calls him "Multi Eternity".

Secondly...

@Dex_Starr said:

@rdskns4eva:Thanos only beat the universal abstracts, he never beat a multiversal abstract. The Infinity Gauntlet at best is a universal power, Thanos would get slaughtered here.

You're just plain wrong here.

IG Thanos stomps. Get off the DC fanboyism.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Killemall

@Dex_Starr said:

Then how do you explain The Chaos King being a mirrored evil half of Eternity that destroyed 98% of Marvel Multiverse?

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By a88378438

COIE AM easily

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By a88378438

multi Eternity=eternity?

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
@Freefa11

@Voodoom: @ssejllenrad: I generally assume in a thread like this that the weapons specified will actually work, otherwise it's pointless to include them and makes the affair completely lopsided.

One thing I'll just point out, just because I'm not sure if anyone has yet, is that even if the AM can outdo Thanos in regards to raw power output, the IG seemed significantly more versatile with its ability to manipulate time, souls, mind, etc. Didn't AM need Psycho Pirate to help his plan succeed in COIE? Not that that alone is a huge weakness, just an example of his limitations. The Gauntlet gives Thanos a lot of other powers that he should be able to use to some advantage.

This.
Why do these guys act like Thanos would actually engage AM in battle when he can just blink him out of existence? COIE AM is the most powerful version and he'd still get erased with the gauntlet that's how it works.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#74  Edited By Outside_85

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Hmmm battle thread rules are ALL powers and weapons work in these battles so the IG erases AM in the blink of an eye unless someone can put AM on the level of LT or Michael and Lucifer.

Well the IG has lost the argument in several battles because of the 'works only in this universe' rule. And if Thanos destroys its original universe then the IG should stop working right there (thought it would mean he was also in it).

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Please provide links to these arguments. I recall the rules being any piece of equipment, power, element ( Kryptonite for ex) works in any universe.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By majestic99

You saying that eternity is only universal implies that there are parallel versions of Eternity, which there are not, because Eternity is MULTIversal, end of discussion.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@majestic99 said:

@majestic99 said:

First off, there's no such thing as Multi-Eternity. That was the nickname Captain Universe gave to 616 Eternity, which is the core of the Marvel Omniverse. He even refers to Eternity as simply Eternity in the very same page that he calls him "Multi Eternity".

Secondly...

@Dex_Starr said:

You're just plain wrong here.

IG Thanos stomps. Get off the DC fanboyism.

In other words you don't have any proof, no scans or an issue to back up any of the crap you've been flinging. The only thing you can say is "lulz ur teh fanboys and ur teh wronz lulz"

Go troll somewhere else, Thanos dies, and while your at it go wash the purple stain off your tongue.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Dex_Starr

@majestic99 said:

You saying that eternity is only universal implies that there are parallel versions of Eternity, which there are not, because Eternity is MULTIversal, end of discussion.

It that's the case, then Thanos only beat one of these parallel versions of Eternity. The Infinity Gauntlet storyline happened before the entire multie Eternity thing was fleshed out in the Fantastic Four Annual. You're telling that me that Eternity is multiversal even though it was practically helpless against multiversal threats like Abraxas and Chaos King.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/665/multieternity16dosq7.jpg

This pretty much confirms that there's one Eternity and a multi Eternity. Thanos beat ONE Eternity.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Killemall

@Dex_Starr said:

It that's the case, then Thanos only beat one of these parallel versions of Eternity. The Infinity Gauntlet storyline happened before the entire multie Eternity thing was fleshed out in the Fantastic Four Annual. You're telling that me that Eternity is multiversal even though it was practically helpless against multiversal threats like Abraxas and Chaos King.

This pretty much confirms that there's one Eternity and a multi Eternity. Thanos beat ONE Eternity.

Here's same thing addressed byPrince CortSether:

Multi-Eternity was a nickname given to 616 Eternity by Captain Universe so he could describe 616 Eternity in his totality. There are tons of proof to back up that 616 Eternity and Multi-Eternity are the same thing, such as:

1. Uatu stating that 616 Eternity's death would mean the death of all universes immediately afterward.
  2. 616 Eternity appeared in front of Doctor Strange holding multiple universes in one hand
  3. Dormammu stating in the Defenders that 616 Eternity had the power to recreate all universes

And anyway on the very same page Captain Universe calls 616 Eternity "Multi Eternity" he refers to him simply as Eternity right afterward on the exact same page. Also, just to be clear, 616 Eternity is not the entire multiverse itself, rather it's the core of the multiverse.

Eternities from alternate realities are merely aspects of his consciousness.

Eternity has always been multi-eternity.

However i am not arguing IG > COIE AM though, because IG was later retconned to being incomplete and universal artifact.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Killemall said:

@Dex_Starr said:

Multi-Eternity was a nickname given to 616 Eternity by Captain Universe so he could describe 616 Eternity in his totality. There are tons of proof to back up that 616 Eternity and Multi-Eternity are the same thing, such as:

1. Uatu stating that 616 Eternity's death would mean the death of all universes immediately afterward.
  2. 616 Eternity appeared in front of Doctor Strange holding multiple universes in one hand
  3. Dormammu stating in the Defenders that 616 Eternity had the power to recreate all universes

And anyway on the very same page Captain Universe calls 616 Eternity "Multi Eternity" he refers to him simply as Eternity right afterward on the exact same page. Also, just to be clear, 616 Eternity is not the entire multiverse itself, rather it's the core of the multiverse.

However i am not arguing IG > COIE AM though, because IG was later retconned to being incomplete and universal artifact.

That's pretty self explanatory. All 3 of the points you brought up could be explained with the highlighted part below.

When was it retconned for the IG to be incomplete anyway?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Killemall

@Dex_Starr said:

That's pretty self explanatory. All 3 of the points you brought up could be explained with the highlighted part below.

Eternity is the core of marvel multiverse, and multiple universe/ dimensions exist within it, therefore its a multiversal entity.

When was it retconned for the IG to be incomplete anyway?

During Avengers/ Ultraforce cross over (1995) which later lead to a marvel main-event, Black September.

Many things were retconned:

1. IG is incompete without ego gem
  2. IG does not contain the entire power of the being who's destructing created them because they are distributed across parallel realities, contrary to what was expressely written in Thanos Quest 2
  3. The omnipotent being who died in Thanos Quest 2 was a guy, Nemesis the infinity being was a girl, so yeah seeing how Thanos lost the gem the dead omnipotent being got a sex change too, yay!
majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By majestic99

IG Thanos.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By majestic99

@Killemall said:

Thank you!

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Dex_Starr

@majestic99 said:

Thank you!

So you agree that the IG is now a universal artifact and that AM wins? Cool

eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By eisjfiejss

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe:

It doesn't matter if thanos defeated universal or multiversal Eternity. Multiversal Eternity has shown zero feats that would suggest it has greater fighting capability than universal Eternity.

It is just plain wrong when people say multiversal Eternity > COIE AM because COIE AM failed to destroy all the universes. Yeah, he failed, because an insanely amped spectre was there to stop him.

Thanos does not win here. Even if he defeated the combined might of the abstracts, I am fairly sure that none of those abstracts have had feats close to COIE AM. AM survived a creation blast. I don't think any abstract besides LT is capable of replicating such a feat.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Killemall

@eisjfiejss said:

@Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe:

It doesn't matter if thanos defeated universal or multiversal Eternity. Multiversal Eternity has shown zero feats that would suggest it has greater fighting capability than universal Eternity.

I would assume actually being addressed as omnipotent throughout their career is a pretty good feat. COIE AM ate most of DC multiverse, precisely what The Chaos King in Marvel did and he's just the evil half of eternity, something that was expressly shown during Chaos Wars. Also marvel official position is that no multi-eternity exists, it never appeared in any of the story line and there was no multi-eternity under Abstracts in Marvel Universe at A-z Marvel Universe Encyclopedia.

It is just plain wrong when people say multiversal Eternity > COIE AM because COIE AM failed to destroy all the universes. Yeah, he failed, because an insanely amped spectre was there to stop him.

Cant argue that, eternity is not as powerful as AM appeared in COIE .

Thanos does not win here. Even if he defeated the combined might of the abstracts, I am fairly sure that none of those abstracts have had feats close to COIE AM. AM survived a creation blast. I don't think any abstract besides LT is capable of replicating such a feat.

I am not going to argue that thanos will win, because thanks to the retcon IG is now a universal weapon and they are so many of them. Council of Reed have 4 of them, current Doom from Future Foundation 16 has 2 of them.

You do realise Galactus survived the big bang, which in marvel is parallel to creation blast, and he's now where as powerful as all the abstracts.

I have already stated Thanos DOES NOT win, however its not because of the reasons you have provided above. For someone so hard on feats, could you show me some durability feats performed by COIE AM that shows he's more durable?

aeilspear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By aeilspear

Anti-Monitor wins. Always.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By majestic99

@Dex_Starr said:

@majestic99 said:

Thank you!

No, that there is only one Eternity, there is only one version of each abstract entity! Doesn't matter whether you die in this universe, or another, it's still death! That's why there's only one death, and one eternity! Will you stop trolling and just listen to what we are saying to you?

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Dex_Starr

@majestic99:So far Killermall is the only person that's actually argued that Eternity is a multiversal level character and even he agreed that the IG is only a universal artifact. You haven't done anything except "omg thanos winz". You just quoted him so by default you agreed with him that the IG is universal and in that case AM slaughters Thanos.

Who's trolling again? Here's a hint "it's you"

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By majestic99

@Dex_Starr:

No, I said Eternity is multiversal, more than once.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#92  Edited By Saren

@majestic99 said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@majestic99 said:

Thank you!

No, that there is only one Eternity, there is only one version of each abstract entity! Doesn't matter whether you die in this universe, or another, it's still death! That's why there's only one death, and one eternity! Will you stop trolling and just listen to what we are saying to you?

.........there is a Death in every universe in the Marvel multiverse. Beyonder erased them all once and the Many-Angled Ones killed Death in the Cancerverse.

Besides, Hickman retconned the IG to universal status, now there's one in each universe and they only affect a single universe each.

No Caption Provided

So what is it you are saying?

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By majestic99

@CitizenBane:

That there are no parallel versions of Eternity, there is only one.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Dex_Starr

@majestic99:Killermall was the one who proved it though, not you. Saying something and actually proving it are 2 different things

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#95  Edited By Saren

@majestic99: Tell that to the Living Tribunal, he held 616 Eternity and 1610 Eternity in the palm of each hand.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By majestic99

@Dex_Starr said:

@majestic99:Killermall was the one who proved it though, not you. Saying something and actually proving it are 2 different things

You said I didn't say it when I did say it, multiple times.

@CitizenBane said:

@majestic99: Tell that to the Living Tribunal, he held 616 Eternity and 1610 Eternity in the palm of each hand.

Those are just avatars of Eternity, not parallel versions.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Dex_Starr

@majestic99:I said you never argued it, which..is absolutely true

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By blackadamFTW

Bump.

SHAZAM

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By SirMethos

COIE Anti-Monitor wins, relatively easily.

He is a multiversal threat, while the IG is only a Universal power.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By capall2

COIE AM should handle thanos with the IG here...