Anti-Monitor vs. Full-Powered Galactus

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Nathaniel_Christopher said:

...COIE Anti-Monitor devours the devourer of worlds.

SCW Anti-Monitor puts up one hell of a fight, but would probably lose. However, i'd like to clear something up. Superboy-Prime beat him when he was at his weakest. If I punched Muhammed Ali in his prime after he'd gone 20 rounds with another opponent, I very well might be able to knock him over and claim victory. Yet that victory's meaningless and doesn't make Ali weak or me stronger. Its the exact same situation here with SCW Anti-Monitor. He'd just tanked a planet and taken a barrage from every Guardian of the Universe AND the Prime got the drop on him. You're not gonna try to say that makes him weak.

Well said. Seems like this battle happens alot. AM wins...again....

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By jeanroygrant

Anti-Monitor

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Night Thrasher

@Freefa11 said:

@Night Thrasher: Usually when people refer to him, they mean towards the end of the Arc, when he had absorbed the AM universe and fought Spectre. You have a point that his original incarnation was probably not much higher than SA Superman, given his performance against Supergirl (also keep in mind that the kryptonians apparently lost their invulnerability in Qward, so he might not have even done as well as that in the normal matter universe).

I haven't read COIE in years. I started off as exclusively Marvel and read it per request of my "comic book guy". I remember reading it and thinking that AM seemed to me on par with Uni-Lord from the George Perez SS run which I was reading at the time. So, I'm not saying Galactus as of yet, but from my memory I wasn't impressed by AM.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Bo88gdan

Galactus

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Galactus

indy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By indy84

I don't understand why people keep saying COIE AM could just blink away The big G. If he had that power, why didn't he do that with the Earth 1 heroes? I seem to remember both Supergirl and Superman hurting him physically. Plus, didn't he really on his tech and much as anything to take out universes? Wasn't that the point of Barry Allen dying? He was taking out the AM's cannon. Yes, COIE AM has power, but a fully fed Galactus should be able to hang with him. I think if just destroying universes instead of feeding on planets was Galactus plan, he could achieve about the same results of AM

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Herokiller12344

Guys, I'm apparently a huge fan of both of these guys now. But even I know that the Silver Age/Bronze Age storylines and everything that happened during, is total BS. By modern Standards, COIE AM is equal to Galactus at Well Fed. The only difference between these two is that DC Universes are alot easier to eat than Marvel ones, since it's simple to get inbetween them.

But Yeah I say they'll beat eachother to death.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Herokiller12344

@indy84: People are under the delusion that Silver Age Power Levels still matter. The truth is, that since the story was from the Last One from the Silver Age it had to be VERY entertaining to look at, hence why it took so much to kill Monty. If they do that Exact story again, all it would take would be a Sun Dipped modern Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SCW AM vs Fully fed Galactus would be a close fight. But big G would most likely win (barely.) COIE AM stomps Galactus, easily.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
SCW Anti-Monitor vs Galactus is not a close fight.  

Galactus wrecks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^^^Galactus got hurt by thanos once. Anti Monitor>Thanos.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Herokiller12344 said:

Guys, I'm apparently a huge fan of both of these guys now. But even I know that the Silver Age/Bronze Age storylines and everything that happened during, is total BS. By modern Standards, COIE AM is equal to Galactus at Well Fed. The only difference between these two is that DC Universes are alot easier to eat than Marvel ones, since it's simple to get inbetween them.

Crisis on Infinite Earths wasn't Silver Age PIS.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alejastang said:

COIE anti-monitor wins easy. But i think the sinestro-corps anti-monitor loses out to Big G (barely) *edited for spelling =P
CampodelViolin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By CampodelViolin

Anti Monitor wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CampodelViolin Probably not the SCW version.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By isaac_clarke

@logy5000 said:

A clearly lacking in nutrition Galactus was surprised blasted by Thanos and he knocked Galactus' helmet off. Galactus proceeded to exert a minimal amount of effort to have him groveling in his hands.

The Anti-Monitor had a whole punched through him by Prime. Prime < Galactus.

AM goes down hard, at his current levels he doesn't have close to the feats to pull this off.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@logy5000 said:
Anti-Monitor got hurt by Firestorm in a 1on1 fight, son. Firestorm. 

Thanos > Firestorm. Since that's how you want to play it.
roxxass315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By roxxass315

@indy84 said:

I don't understand why people keep saying COIE AM could just blink away The big G. If he had that power, why didn't he do that with the Earth 1 heroes? I seem to remember both Supergirl and Superman hurting him physically. Plus, didn't he really on his tech and much as anything to take out universes? Wasn't that the point of Barry Allen dying? He was taking out the AM's cannon. Yes, COIE AM has power, but a fully fed Galactus should be able to hang with him. I think if just destroying universes instead of feeding on planets was Galactus plan, he could achieve about the same results of AM

anti monitor wasnt just destroying universes he was turning them into anti matter and consuimg them increasing his own power, similar to galactus devouring planets.

no, a fully fed galactus would not be able to hang with COIE AM, while i dont think am would blink him out of existence for the reasons you stated above, he would still kill a fully powered galactus with no effort.

@Herokiller12344 said:

what an incredible argument. because you think it's bs then we should automatically dismiss everything...what modern standards? coie anti monitor was last seen 27 years ago, why should he be held by modern standards? do you want galactus to win that badly? and what modern standards would let a well fed galactus or even a full fed galactus equate to a guy who absorbed thousands of universes? your just making things up

dc universes are easily to absorb then marvel one's? where the hell did you get this crap from? why don't you tell that to freaking mikoboshi. because he's closer to am than galactus is.

it doesnt really matter anyway since galactus COULD beat scw am, but he'd get slaughtered by him at classic levels.

roxxass315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By roxxass315

@isaac_clarke said:

@logy5000 said:

A clearly lacking in nutrition Galactus was surprised blasted by Thanos and he knocked Galactus' helmet off. Galactus proceeded to exert a minimal amount of effort to have him groveling in his hands.

The Anti-Monitor had a whole punched through him by Prime. Prime < Galactus.

AM goes down hard, at his current levels he doesn't have close to the feats to pull this off.

while i agree that thanos cheap shotting galactus is being taken out of context, you also fail to mention that prime punched a hole in the anti monitor after he soaked up a galaxy destroying blast. both of you are guilty of putting things out of context. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By isaac_clarke

@roxxass315 said:

while i agree that thanos cheap shotting galactus is being taken out of context, you also fail to mention that prime punched a hole in the anti monitor after he soaked up a galaxy destroying blast. both of you are guilty of putting things out of context. 2 wrongs dont make a right.

That was the point, using nonsensical style. Regardless, he didn't soak anything up, he tanked the Guardians and then he tanked the "galaxy buster." The Anti-Monitor hasn't done much since then outside effortlessly kicked out of the universe by Nekron and attacked by Deadman randomly. Galactus wins because he's so far depicted as having way more power at his peak by comparison to SCW AM or any incarnation of AM that hasn't absorbed a bunch of universes to amp the hell out of himself.

roxxass315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By roxxass315

@isaac_clarke: i'm pretty sure that no one here has argued scw am winning.

@isaac_clarke said:

Regardless, he didn't soak anything up, he tanked the Guardians and then he tanked the "galaxy buster."

uh...what's the difference?

@isaac_clarke said:

any incarnation of AM that hasn't absorbed a bunch of universes to amp the hell out of himself.

and that leaves what? one version of the character? outside scw/bn, the only version of am that existed was brightest day am who was in his own home turf. you make it sound like there's 10 versions of the character. there's 3 tops, one of them would kill galactus easily, one of them galactus would wreck, and one of them would depend on where the fight took place.

and that'd be like saying anti monitor would beat any version of galactus that didn't eat a bunch of planets to amp the hell out himself. both characters rely on external sources of power, the only difference is am does it on a much larger scale.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#73  Edited By Saren

@logy5000 said:

I like how you left out the part where Thanos himself said his attack didn't really accomplish anything more than irritating Galan.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By isaac_clarke

@roxxass315 said:

i'm pretty sure that no one here has argued scw am winning.

I have no idea why you keep clicking reply / quote. One does the job. People are arguing that it's close or Galactus barely wins, which is nonsensical.

uh...what's the difference?

Soaking implies he's taking something in, after the big explosion he was essentially weak enough for Prime to critically wound him / weaken further him to the point where Nekron captures him and uses him as a battery source to power his lanterns.

It doesn't help that the Lanterns essentially blow a hole in his head and kill him during Blackest Knight.

and that leaves what? one version of the character? outside scw/bn, the only version of am that existed was brightest day am who was in his own home turf. you make it sound like there's 10 versions of the character. there's 3 tops, one of them would kill galactus easily, one of them galactus would wreck, and one of them would depend on where the fight took place.
and that'd be like saying anti monitor would beat any version of galactus that didn't eat a bunch of planets to amp the hell out himself. both characters rely on external sources of power, the only difference is am does it on a much larger scale.

There is the one before he amped himself to godhood, the one in a yellow sinestro corps suit, the one with a cape and the one that Deadman was knocking around. Galactus doesn't amp himself off planets, his hunger weakens him, eating planets just allows him to less restricted by said hunger. Namely why during annihilation where he's being starved, he still has enough innate power to destroy reality and the negative zone. Galactus doesn't rely on external sources of power, he is power incarnate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how 5 people, including a moderator, got pissed over such a simple statement.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ That was straight PIS. Anti-Monitor could 1-shot firestorm. AM smacked Ion aside lick he was nothing more than a bug.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By isaac_clarke

@logy5000 said:

@Morpheus_ That was straight PIS. Anti-Monitor could 1-shot firestorm. AM smacked Ion aside lick he was nothing more than a bug.

He also got hurt by Deadman. Honestly, we could go all day with low showings for the Monitor as his current levels of power. They literally blew his brains out in Blackest Night killing him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I have a few low showings of galactus too. Like the time he lost to Ghost Rider.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SCW AM loses, and COIE AM stomps.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#80  Edited By ShootingNova

Flagged for bumping pointlessly.

@logy5000 said:

And I have a few low showings of galactus too. Like the time he lost to Ghost Rider.

Don't tell me it was the cartoon...... because that's not even canon.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#81  Edited By Deranged Midget

Galactus has been far more consistant than the Anti-Monitor as of late. His power is but a memory of what it used to be.