Anti-Monitor vs. Full-Powered Galactus

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
COIE AM, or SCW AM?
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
"COIE AM, or SCW AM? "

The picture implies that it is from SCW
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"COIE AM, or SCW AM? "
The picture implies that it is from SCW "
I know. But since he's online, I thought it preferable to ask. Anyway, Galactus has a shot, since he's at full power. But it wouldn't be easy, since I am unsure about AM's level during SCW. COIE AM destroys Galan. No contest.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Morpheus_ said:
" @dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"COIE AM, or SCW AM? "
I know. But since he's online, I thought it preferable to ask. Anyway, Galactus has a shot, since he's at full power. But it wouldn't be easy, since I am unsure about AM's level during SCW. COIE AM destroys Galan. No contest. "
People tend to assume that the SCW Anti Monitor was Galactus level...I tend to think of him as something on a skyfather level
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
Galactus could probably beat the Anti Monitor of the SCW
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"COIE AM, or SCW AM? "
I know. But since he's online, I thought it preferable to ask. Anyway, Galactus has a shot, since he's at full power. But it wouldn't be easy, since I am unsure about AM's level during SCW. COIE AM destroys Galan. No contest. "
People tend to assume that the SCW Anti Monitor was Galactus level...I tend to think of him as something on a skyfather level "
I haven't read SCW...My knowledge on the subject is encyclopaedic, while I have read COIE first hand...That's why I was hesitant in my judgment.
Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Dreadmaster
@Morpheus_ said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"COIE AM, or SCW AM? "
People tend to assume that the SCW Anti Monitor was Galactus level...I tend to think of him as something on a skyfather level "
I haven't read SCW...My knowledge on the subject is encyclopaedic, while I have read COIE first hand...That's why I was hesitant in my judgment. "

SCW Anti-Moniter was able to hurt Guardians and burnt Scar, he was also killed by Superboy Prime when something happened to him that made him weak. my memory is severely blurred from this event since i've only read it once.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By geraldthesloth
@dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @dreadmaster said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"COIE AM, or SCW AM? "
I haven't read SCW...My knowledge on the subject is encyclopaedic, while I have read COIE first hand...That's why I was hesitant in my judgment. "
SCW Anti-Moniter was able to hurt Guardians and burnt Scar, he was also killed by Superboy Prime when something happened to him that made him weak. my memory is severely blurred from this event since i've only read it once. "
he got weaker once the lanterns threw war world at him. and the guardians attacked than prime went right through him
alejastang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By alejastang

COIE anti-monitor wins easy.  But i think the sinestro-corps anti-monitor loses out to Big G (barely)

*edited for spelling =P

Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

SCW AM should take it
His power was sufficient to create the black lantern battery so said Scar..which would put his power at least around ZH Parallax

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AtPhantom
@geraldthesloth said:
"
SCW Anti-Moniter was able to hurt Guardians and burnt Scar, he was also killed by Superboy Prime when something happened to him that made him weak. my memory is severely blurred from this event since i've only read it once. "
he got weaker once the lanterns threw war world at him. and the guardians attacked than prime went right through him "
And, most importantly, he didn't kill him.
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

Exactly
Prime could of busted a hole through Galactus also..especially considering that G armor was cracked by Beta Ray Bill

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" Exactly Prime could of busted a hole through Galactus also..especially considering that G armor was cracked by Beta Ray Bill "

Big G one-shoted BRB in Godhunter like a fly...And he was already weakended at the time...BRB cracking his armour is PIS, unless Galactus was absolutely starving.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By geraldthesloth
@AtPhantom said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"
he got weaker once the lanterns threw war world at him. and the guardians attacked than prime went right through him "
And, most importantly, he didn't kill him. "
Yep
TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TruePwnge

I think Sinestro-Corps monitor is in trouble, but it depends what power level Galactus is at, if he's hungry he jobbers 

if he had a recent snack then
Wipes out a Universe  

Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ziro

(Crisis On Infinite Earths Anti-Monitor wins almost without a doubt. Sinestro Corps Anti-Monitor? I could see it going either way).
BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BatDance
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" Exactly Prime could of busted a hole through Galactus also..especially considering that G armor was cracked by Beta Ray Bill "
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

AM wins

DJSNuva1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DJSNuva1

Okay, COIE AM severely stomps, SCW AM and Galactus are pretty even, but I'm going to say Anti-Monitor takes it.
DJSNuva1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DJSNuva1
@TruePwnge said:
"I think Sinestro-Corps monitor is in trouble, but it depends what power level Galactus is at, if he's hungry he jobbers 

if he had a recent snack then
Wipes out a Universe  

. "

Okay, Galactus used the ultimate nulifier to do this, and COIE Anti-Monitor has destroyed thousands unpon thousands of universes.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hellos
@DJSNuva1 said:
"Okay, COIE AM severely stomps, SCW AM and Galactus are pretty even, but I'm going to say Anti-Monitor takes it. "

Theres no reason to think SCW will be taking on the big G.  
SBP was able to go right through him after the guardians attacked him, the same wouldn't work on Galan. Unless this is marvel zombie Galactus that was flesh and blood. This isn't COIE monitor, its the guy that got finished off by SBP.
TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TruePwnge
@Hellos said:
"  This isn't COIE monitor, its the guy that got finished off by SBP. "
Galactus crbstomps
T-800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By T-800

yes galactus wins here

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MKF30

AM rapes Galactus here

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus wins in thsi scienerio.
Porlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Porlos

Anti-Monitor only wishes he could be everything that Galactus is.

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Undergroundgod

AM for the win, even if Galactus could hurt Anti-Monitor, here is my Question, for how long?  The big G! Burns through his power alot, alot, faster than AM. Galactus has to feed more often, Anti-Monitor has never been shown to have to feed to stay alive. Galactus obsorbes plantet's, not Solor Syestems, and at their best AM can wipe out a Galaxy with a hand wave, The big G! Can take out a Solor Syestem! I know you all think he can do more than that, but what you think, or feel is not a fact if it drawn in a comic, then it has at least some truth to it. 
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Red_Blade
@Undergroundgod said:

" AM for the win, even if Galactus could hurt Anti-Monitor, here is my Question, for how long?  The big G! Burns through his power alot, alot, faster than AM. Galactus has to feed more often, Anti-Monitor has never been shown to have to feed to stay alive. Galactus obsorbes plantet's, not Solor Syestems, and at their best AM can wipe out a Galaxy with a hand wave, The big G! Can take out a Solor Syestem! I know you all think he can do more than that, but what you think, or feel is not a fact if it drawn in a comic, then it has at least some truth to it.  "

This isnt COIE, that one would blink Galactus out of existence

@Porlos said:
" Anti-Monitor only wishes he could be everything that Galactus is. "

Yeah, because a Multiversal threat wants to be a planetary threat =l
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Red_Blade: 

Full-Powered Galactus is a universal threat
Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Undergroundgod
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"@Red_Blade:  Full-Powered Galactus is a universal threat"

True Universal threat not Multiversal threat, thus AM for the win.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Undergroundgod said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
True Universal threat not Multiversal threat, thus AM for the win. "
But this is not the multiversal threat COIE AM. This is the "not-even-universal" threat SCW AM. 

I hate DC for making AM a joke at SCW. One of the most powerful, if not THE most powerful threat in comic history was turned into a wuss. It's a good thing Reis drew most of the comics on that event. At least I enjoyed the art.
Zaterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zaterra

Anti Monitor I think, original version was mighty powered

Porlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Porlos
@ssejllenrad said:
" @Undergroundgod said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
True Universal threat not Multiversal threat, thus AM for the win. "
But this is not the multiversal threat COIE AM. This is the "not-even-universal" threat SCW AM.   I hate DC for making AM a joke at SCW. One of the most powerful, if not THE most powerful threat in comic history was turned into a wuss. It's a good thing Reis drew most of the comics on that event. At least I enjoyed the art. "
That is called clarification.  The original anti-monitor's power was all ambiguous and they just put things into..perspective.  They knew he wasnt Galactus material and wanted to highlight that fact.
Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By supermandefender

AM from COIE will destroy Galactus. AM destroyed almost all universes in existence....earth 1 was the only 1 left....it wasnt till later with parallax and other factors that the multiverse was being rebuilt. Not even Spectre could stop the AM at this point. So Porlos I would read COIE before saying stuff. 
Now SCW AM is much weaker than that. He was slowly getting his power back and had plans to finish what he started until he was stopped. While Hellos is correct about SBP getting the final blow on him....AM was being attacked by the JLA, the Guardians of the universe, they used to weaken AM even more by blowing up the warwolds power core along with the yellow power battery affixed together...something powerful enough to destroy the entire milky way but the GLs and Guardians planned for it to  just hurt the AM....this killed Cyborg Supes and  weakening AM even more than he was.....AM then was defeated by SBP but not before.....AM was severally weakened.  SBP just got the final blow. \

Question Guys doesnt AM have the power to use the anti matter universe command and do anti-mater waves??? He also has cosmic awareness and matter, anti-matter, energy manipulation and a unlimited amount of cosmic power? AM waves can unmake all matter on his most basic level....how does Big G stop that attack? Supergirl from precrisis died to this attack didnt she? Didnt SBP use AM tech...to make his armor to give him more power....cant AM just make tech capable of merging himself with the power of Big G killing him?

AM doesnt absorb energy like Galactus....AM has a universal absorption power he consumes positive matter energy to become more powerful. Galactus will need planet AM just needs to be in a positive matter universe.   AM gets attacked by every1...SBP would die if he fought AM solo Hellos.   

SCW AM should have a decent fight with Big G. Not totally positive who would win....big G would get weaker and weaker as the battle continues and AM wont have that problem.... but Galactus power full power is a unknown so who knows. Hellos also forgets after most AM's body was destroyed he still had enough power to become the black lantern energy source!   So I wouldnt say Galactus is curb stomp above that? What the? It seems like a pretty even match.
SBP beating him there should not said....because he didnt fight AM he hit him after taking a big explosion which could have destroyed a Galaxy and hit him from behind. So I dont really call that a victory by just Guardians and SBP!

Noelieboats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Noelieboats
It has been implied that Sentry has fought galactus to a stand still. It's a fact that a super powered hulk fought sentry to a standstill so the hulk is as powerful as galactus in a round about way. AM for the win,
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Achilles.
@Noelieboats said:

" It has been employed that Sentry has fought galactus to a stand still. It's a fact that a super powered hulk fought sentry to a standstill so the hulk is as powerful as galactus in a round about way. AM for the win, "

You're joking right? Sentry and Hulk is no where near Galactus' level  
They wont last a sec to Big G
ArdennesKorps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ArdennesKorps

Antimonitor of Quard

deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deathlife

I am a big Marvel guy but COIE Anti-Monitor beats Galactus.

The Anti-Monitor was the original multiversal threat. Anyone that take on an untethered Spectre powered by all of Earths magicians is a real beast (the Spectre was even depowered by the battle).

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By karrob
@alejastang said:
" COIE anti-monitor wins easy.  But i think the sinestro-corps anti-monitor loses out to Big G (barely)  *edited for spelling =P "
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By termiteone4ever

THe Antimonitor GOt this
Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus wins.

Noelieboats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Noelieboats
@Achilles.:  Wouldn't of thought so myself but the boys who write the issues themselves suggested as much.
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By reactor

It goes without saying that COIE Anti-Monitor devours Galactus. SWC Galactus was more around Galactus' level, but I think Galactus is the more powerful of the two in that fight. That said:

COIE Anti-Monitor vs Full-Powered Galactus: Anti-Monitor blinks him away. 
SCW Anti-Monitor vs Full-Powered Galactus: Galactus probably wins after a hard fight.

capfan80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By capfan80

Anti-Monitor FTW!

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46  Edited By Night Thrasher

COIE Anti-Monitor is overrated...I have to reread COIE but IIRC Anti-Monitor didn't really exhibit anything that Chronos couldn't. Plus he got tagged good by Superman and Supergirl. IMO I would put AM at above skyfather level.

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jameshebrew

AM FTW

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Fully fed Galactus pummels AM

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...COIE Anti-Monitor devours the devourer of worlds.

SCW Anti-Monitor puts up one hell of a fight, but would probably lose. However, i'd like to clear something up. Superboy-Prime beat him when he was at his weakest. If I punched Muhammed Ali in his prime after he'd gone 20 rounds with another opponent, I very well might be able to knock him over and claim victory. Yet that victory's meaningless and doesn't make Ali weak or me stronger. Its the exact same situation here with SCW Anti-Monitor. He'd just tanked a planet and taken a barrage from every Guardian of the Universe AND the Prime got the drop on him. You're not gonna try to say that makes him weak.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Freefa11

@Night Thrasher: Usually when people refer to him, they mean towards the end of the Arc, when he had absorbed the AM universe and fought Spectre. You have a point that his original incarnation was probably not much higher than SA Superman, given his performance against Supergirl (also keep in mind that the kryptonians apparently lost their invulnerability in Qward, so he might not have even done as well as that in the normal matter universe).