stoic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By stoic

@beware_my_power: HAHAHAHAHAH. Very funny. XD

Back on topic. Anti monitor should beat Eternity. Won't be easy though.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stoic: AM eats him... lolno fight should be pretty even as you've stated...

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Eternity = Universal

Anti Monitor = Multiversal

Anti Monito Win Won't Be easy.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COIE Anti Monitor stomps. Eternity is the embodiment of one universe and AM consumed countless universes.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COIE Anti Monitor wins, he's more powerful than The Spectre (not much), and since Spectre>Eternity, Anti Monitor wins.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Anti Monitor

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By leonkarlen123

Peak level Anti Monitor wins, otherwise i think he lose.

COIE Anti Monitor that is.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on which AM

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anti-Monitor.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

COIE Anti-Monitor wins

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

COIE AM

Nothing like quoting Dondave's comment from a year ago.

Lens_of_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an old fight

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO:

Multi-Eternity>COIE Anti-Monitor>Eternity>Normal Anti-Monitor>SCW Anti-Monitor.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternity.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Anti-Monitor

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COIE antimonitor FTW

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COIE antimonitor FTW

I'm re-reading COIE and I really don't think the AM is nearly as amazing as everyone makes him out to be.

First, destroying universes in DC using anti-matter is not that impressive, for 2 reasons.

1) Anti-Matter is the opposite of matter. When it is introduced into a new positive matter universe, it very quickly spreads on its own and destroys the entire universe. Before the Anti-Monitor ever began his conquest, a random scientist who eventually became the Pariah accidentally destroyed an entire universe using an anti-matter lens not much larger than a human being. Of course the anti-monitor can easily destroy a universe as well! He could introduce just a little bit of anti-matter from his universe and it would destroy a positive matter universe. He doesn't just do it on his own power. He is the antithesis of all that our universe represents, it's like saying water is all-powerful because it can put out a fire. But clearly water isn't all-powerful, it's just the antithesis of fire.

2) In DC, universes aren't that big. In COIE one is stated to have millions of stars and to be 20 zillion lightyears (IIRC). That's really not that many stars. Our galaxies have hundreds of billions in reality. If you read Superman Final Crisis, you see that the Monitors from each universe are actually each much larger than the universe they oversee. A universe is about a tenth the size of the Thought Robot.

Second, In our reality, there were equal amounts of both matter and anti-matter balancing each other prior to the big bang, and then something happened (I don't know if anyone is quite sure of what exactly happened) that created an imbalance between matter and anti-matter. There was suddenly slightly more matter than anti-matter and thus a gigantic explosion of matter coalesced into the universe we live in today. In DC, the opposite is happening. The universes were perfectly balanced and the Monitor and Anti-Monitor had equal power. But Pariah created an imbalance with his experiment that killed his universe, and suddenly the anti-matter universe had more power than the DC positive matter universes. The Anti-Monitor had an inherent advantage in his conquest. He is an allegory for the way that our universe expanded from nothing into an infinitely large mass. He is the antithesis of this, taking an infinitely large mass and paring it down to only 1 universe. He isn't all-powerful, he is a force of nature, like gravity. This wasn't the Anti-Monitor doing anything special. His machines simply had to introduce anti-matter into our universe to destroy the whole thing (the anti-matter cannon for example) At this point, of course COIE happened. It was DC's version of the Big Bang. It was inevitable, anti-matter and matter annihilate each other, and if there is somehow more anti-matter than matter then eventually anti-matter will win out.

My final point, the Anti-Monitor was an amped version of the Monitor, and the Monitor could still be destroyed by a physical being (Harbinger) relatively easily. Even the Anti-Monitor, at this point having absorbed thousands of universes with only 5 left, was almost destroyed by Supergirl in easy fashion via punches. Punches. Do I even need to mention that for some reason Kyrptonians had no durability in his fortress in the anti-matter universe? AM smashed Supes with one punch, but a weakened Supergirl still wrecked him. Even at basically full strength his entire shell was destroyed and he had to retreat, he later admits he was dangerously close to being destroyed completely in his own realm by a single weakened Kryptonian.

Seriously, why would an all-powerful being like the AM need Psycho Pirate to control his enemies? He couldn't necessarily beat them in a battle or else he wouldn't have relied on Pyscho Pirate. Why would he need to remove Flash from the entire COIE just to have a chance at victory of he is so powerful? And Flash still smoked him in the end. Facepalm.

Just can't believe people think the AM takes Galactus or Eternity after reading COIE again.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO:

Multi-Eternity>COIE Anti-Monitor>Eternity>Normal Anti-Monitor>SCW Anti-Monitor.

There has only been one mention of the multi-eternity that I know of which was kind of stupid considering the the multi eternity should be TOAA the creator of everything.... Has there been other mentions? and does he have feats?

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofkings1 said:

COIE antimonitor FTW

I'm re-reading COIE and I really don't think the AM is nearly as amazing as everyone makes him out to be.

First, destroying universes in DC using anti-matter is not that impressive, for 2 reasons.

1) Anti-Matter is the opposite of matter. When it is introduced into a new positive matter universe, it very quickly spreads on its own and destroys the entire universe. Before the Anti-Monitor ever began his conquest, a random scientist who eventually became the Pariah accidentally destroyed an entire universe using an anti-matter lens not much larger than a human being. Of course the anti-monitor can easily destroy a universe as well! He could introduce just a little bit of anti-matter from his universe and it would destroy a positive matter universe. He doesn't just do it on his own power. He is the antithesis of all that our universe represents, it's like saying water is all-powerful because it can put out a fire. But clearly water isn't all-powerful, it's just the antithesis of fire.

2) In DC, universes aren't that big. In COIE one is stated to have millions of stars and to be 20 zillion lightyears (IIRC). That's really not that many stars. Our galaxies have hundreds of billions in reality. If you read Superman Final Crisis, you see that the Monitors from each universe are actually each much larger than the universe they oversee. A universe is about a tenth the size of the Thought Robot.

Second, In our reality, there were equal amounts of both matter and anti-matter balancing each other prior to the big bang, and then something happened (I don't know if anyone is quite sure of what exactly happened) that created an imbalance between matter and anti-matter. There was suddenly slightly more matter than anti-matter and thus a gigantic explosion of matter coalesced into the universe we live in today. In DC, the opposite is happening. The universes were perfectly balanced and the Monitor and Anti-Monitor had equal power. But Pariah created an imbalance with his experiment that killed his universe, and suddenly the anti-matter universe had more power than the DC positive matter universes. The Anti-Monitor had an inherent advantage in his conquest. He is an allegory for the way that our universe expanded from nothing into an infinitely large mass. He is the antithesis of this, taking an infinitely large mass and paring it down to only 1 universe. He isn't all-powerful, he is a force of nature, like gravity. This wasn't the Anti-Monitor doing anything special. His machines simply had to introduce anti-matter into our universe to destroy the whole thing (the anti-matter cannon for example) At this point, of course COIE happened. It was DC's version of the Big Bang. It was inevitable, anti-matter and matter annihilate each other, and if there is somehow more anti-matter than matter then eventually anti-matter will win out.

My final point, the Anti-Monitor was an amped version of the Monitor, and the Monitor could still be destroyed by a physical being (Harbinger) relatively easily. Even the Anti-Monitor, at this point having absorbed thousands of universes with only 5 left, was almost destroyed by Supergirl in easy fashion via punches. Punches. Do I even need to mention that for some reason Kyrptonians had no durability in his fortress in the anti-matter universe? AM smashed Supes with one punch, but a weakened Supergirl still wrecked him. Even at basically full strength his entire shell was destroyed and he had to retreat, he later admits he was dangerously close to being destroyed completely in his own realm by a single weakened Kryptonian.

Seriously, why would an all-powerful being like the AM need Psycho Pirate to control his enemies? He couldn't necessarily beat them in a battle or else he wouldn't have relied on Pyscho Pirate. Why would he need to remove Flash from the entire COIE just to have a chance at victory of he is so powerful? And Flash still smoked him in the end. Facepalm.

Just can't believe people think the AM takes Galactus or Eternity after reading COIE again.

The COIE is very overrated but so are a lot of things on the vine... He didn't just eat universes,, he needed a rift...

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Eternity even Multi would still be below the LT, as he represents each universe, but Eternity is Multi-Eternity anyways.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Eternity even Multi would still be below the LT, as he represents each universe, but Eternity is Multi-Eternity anyways.

Yeah I know but he was only referred to that once? and I thought that was just a mess up... The eternity in the ultimate verse isn't the same as the 616? btw I don't read the ultimate line minus spider man so it could very well been mentioned there too.. I know the way I have always looked at is there was an eternity in every universe and then there was a mention of the multi eternity one time.. I mean how did eternity get trapped by thanos? If he was multiversal then he should be more powerful than anything that is limited to its own universe...Am I right?

ThorBoy2221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Genis and Entropy killed Eternity, they recreated the multiverse with his power. I say Eternity wins.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Eterntity has multiple Universes in side of him, he is above Universal, also Eternity has only lost to Thanos with the IG or HOTU; which is above Eternity and Multiversal+.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Eterntity has multiple Universes in side of him, he is above Universal, also Eternity has only lost to Thanos with the IG or HOTU; which is above Eternity and Multiversal+.

The IG isn't multiversal tho,, it only works inside its universe,, so you can't take the 616 one to the ultimate verse and make it work there... If he was multiversal then he shouldn't have been trapped in my opinion.. Idk maybe I have looked at eternity wrong all these years.. lol...

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternity or stalemate.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: It is, that's a misconception, Eternity alone is Multiversal, as are the Cosmic Cubes, which the IG are above...

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: I really am considering posting a COIE AM Misconceptions Thread. I have a lot of scans of him being much less a threat than most people think. He is more the beneficiary of certain universal circumstances that could have befallen anyone in his position than he is a real conqueror for most of the story. I also believe there is a lot of context left out when people talk about COIE AM's feats

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: It is, that's a misconception, Eternity alone is Multiversal, as are the Cosmic Cubes, which the IG are above...

Yeah,, he wasn't nearly as impressive as he is made out to be but that really can be said about a ton of characters here on the vine...

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AM

notaidiotidoit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: no eternity is one universe each universe has a deferent version of eternity the antimonitor will win because he can easily absorb universes

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

notaidiotidoit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27 "Eternity is an abstract, relatively omnipotent entity representing all time and reality in the universe. Eternity has been around before the beginning of the universe. He is eternal."

This is a quote from eternity's bio here is the link if you don't believe me.

http://www.comicvine.com/eternity/4005-11332/

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would guess A-M. Any Eternity feats?

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Monitor should take this

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexorr said:

I would guess A-M. Any Eternity feats?

Eternity's power destroyed and recreated the multiverse on one occasion and recreated the multiverse on another.

notaidiotidoit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27 are you sure because thanos beat eternity with the infinity gauntlet and the infinity gautlet only works inside your own universe.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notaidiotidoit: It does, but it's Multiversal, Cosmic Cubes are Multiversal, and there below the IG.

notaidiotidoit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Each universe in the multiverse has it's own Eternity. His role is relatively unchanged.

There was once mention of a Multi-Eternity who "ensures a boundless multiverse," but this is a highly debated subject. Whether this was a character or concept is unclear. The idea of a multiversal Eternity creates problems with the hierarchy of the cosmic order and no "multi" versions of other cosmic abstracts have ever been mentioned. Generally, multiversal issues are handled by the Living Tribunal and most regard the concept of a Multi-Eternity as an erroneous statement, as can happen from time to time within continuity."

this was copy and pasted off of eternity's bio on comic vine

taylan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anti-Monitor wins.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

New 52 AM loses. Crisis Anti Monitor wrecks

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#96  Edited By comicfan11

AM

tyln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anti-Monitor wins.

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What am did in a few panels eternity can do in an instant.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AM

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers