Annihilators vs Powerhouses

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Which team do you think wins and why?

Morals on Win by KO or Death. Random Encounter. Fight takes Place in Empty New York. No BFR.

Team 1- Silver Surfer, Quasar, Gladiator, Rhonan, Nova, Beta Ray Bill

vs

Team 2- Sentry, Thor, Hyperion, Firelord, Wonder Man, Binary/Ms. Marvel, Vulcan

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Quasar drains Firelord, and Wonder Man, and can probably drain Binary and Vulcan as well, or at least suck up enough juice to turn their own powers against them. He has strength, speed, training, and constructs over these two, and can likely handle them pretty easily.

I'm sure Beta Ray Bill, Nova, Ronan, Gladiator, and Silver Surfer can handle Hyperion, Thor, and Sentry. Gladiator has already handled Hyperion in a pretty even match, and Beta Ray Bill has already proven himself Thor's equal.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@floopay:

This.

Ronan could help Quasar drain power from Firelord, Wonder Man, Binary, and Vulcan with his Universal Weapon as well. Like he did to Dredd in Annihilators #2 - Dark Sun Rise when none of the other Annihilators could touch Dredd.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By HellionVulcan

The Annihilators i mean they combined suns & rearranged planets so that shows that their power combined out measures most & they slaughter here .

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Annihilators for having more powerhouses and hasn't this been done before?

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Annihilators.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By czarny_samael666

@floopay said:

Quasar drains Firelord, and Wonder Man, and can probably drain Binary and Vulcan as well, or at least suck up enough juice to turn their own powers against them. He has strength, speed, training, and constructs over these two, and can likely handle them pretty easily.

I'm sure Beta Ray Bill, Nova, Ronan, Gladiator, and Silver Surfer can handle Hyperion, Thor, and Sentry. Gladiator has already handled Hyperion in a pretty even match, and Beta Ray Bill has already proven himself Thor's equal.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

What tells You that Quasar can drain Vulcan? Vulcan actually has shown better energy manipulation than Quasar, considering that he was able to manipulate magic, what is impossible for Wendell.

BRB = Thor

Hyperion will hold Gladiator.

Wonder Man vs Ronan can go either way, depends how they will start the battle.

Vulcan vs Quasar - intresting, Quasar sooner than later.

Firelord is great, but Post-A Surfer is on whole different level.

Binary vs Nova Prime - Nova wins, easier than many would think.

And there is Sentry. All depends on version of Sentry. MK Sentry and Sentry/Void has a chance against Surfer. NA Sentry gets stomped.

Annihilators wins, but barely.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

What tells You that Quasar can drain Vulcan? Vulcan actually has shown better energy manipulation than Quasar, considering that he was able to manipulate magic, what is impossible for Wendell.

BRB = Thor

Hyperion will hold Gladiator.

Wonder Man vs Ronan can go either way, depends how they will start the battle.

Vulcan vs Quasar - intresting, Quasar sooner than later.

Firelord is great, but Post-A Surfer is on whole different level.

Binary vs Nova Prime - Nova wins, easier than many would think.

And there is Sentry. All depends on version of Sentry. MK Sentry and Sentry/Void has a chance against Surfer. NA Sentry gets stomped.

Annihilators wins, but barely.

Being more versatile doesn't make you more powerful. Vulcan was drained by his brother, Havok. Quasar effortlessly drained an entire Sun just to show off to Stranger.

I hate to say it, but if Havok can drain Vulcan, then Quasar will have him dry in an instant, and Wonder Man (who is empowered by Ionic Energy) won't be too far behind, and Firelord (Quasar has already proven multiple times he can drain the Power Cosmic) won't be standing long after that. Especially seeing as how all three and Binary will only prove to be a power supply towards his constructs.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Being more versatile doesn't make you more powerful. Vulcan was drained by his brother, Havok. Quasar effortlessly drained an entire Sun just to show off to Stranger.

I hate to say it, but if Havok can drain Vulcan, then Quasar will have him dry in an instant, and Wonder Man (who is empowered by Ionic Energy) won't be too far behind, and Firelord (Quasar has already proven multiple times he can drain the Power Cosmic) won't be standing long after that. Especially seeing as how all three and Binary will only prove to be a power supply towards his constructs.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I wouldn't be so sure that drainning a sun is a greater feat than drainning Magus...Besides, Havok powers works differently on Vulcan and opposite. Not to mention, that I don't recall Havok drainning Vulcan. He drained a star to fight with Vulcan - yes. He also drained this "supernova" alien to attack Vulcan, but Vulcan himself? No, I don't recall anything like that, sorry. If Quasar wouldn't be able to drain Vulcan, then he won't drain any other of his teammates too, considering that Vulcan would block him.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I wouldn't be so sure that drainning a sun is a greater feat than drainning Magus...Besides, Havok powers works differently on Vulcan and opposite. Not to mention, that I don't recall Havok drainning Vulcan. He drained a star to fight with Vulcan - yes. He also drained this "supernova" alien to attack Vulcan, but Vulcan himself? No, I don't recall anything like that, sorry. If Quasar wouldn't be able to drain Vulcan, then he won't drain any other of his teammates too, considering that Vulcan would block him.

Ah, that's what it was. Either way, Quasar on multiple occasions has drained multiple sources simultaneously for the sake of empowering his own devices, and all of his draining feats surpass Vulcan's. Over and above this he can create Hard Light Construct armies, trap people in near-unbreakable bubbles, and throw out 100 megaton blasts from each hand.

Has Vulcan ever drained anything as powerful as a Sun (I don't mean take energy from it, I mean suck it dry)? Because I don't remember him doing anything near that level.

Over and above this we have Beta Ray Bill, Ronan, and Silver Surfer who can drain energy as well.

But nearly all advantages are on the annihilators side. Speed, Strength, Versatility, Telepathy, Teamwork, Striking Power, Energy Projection, and so much more.

Not to mention, Beta Ray Bill can erect electromagnetic barriers to wreak havoc on certain energy sources, like he did to drain Ego's energy.

Floopay

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Ah, that's what it was. Either way, Quasar on multiple occasions has drained multiple sources simultaneously for the sake of empowering his own devices, and all of his draining feats surpass Vulcan's. Over and above this he can create Hard Light Construct armies, trap people in near-unbreakable bubbles, and throw out 100 megaton blasts from each hand.

Has Vulcan ever drained anything as powerful as a Sun (I don't mean take energy from it, I mean suck it dry)? Because I don't remember him doing anything near that level.

Over and above this we have Beta Ray Bill, Ronan, and Silver Surfer who can drain energy as well.

But nearly all advantages are on the annihilators side. Speed, Strength, Versatility, Telepathy, Teamwork, Striking Power, Energy Projection, and so much more.

Not to mention, Beta Ray Bill can erect electromagnetic barriers to wreak havoc on certain energy sources, like he did to drain Ego's energy.

Floopay

1.I didn't say that Quasar will for sure lose with Vulcan. More - I've said that Quasar would win sooner or later. Point is that until he will deal with Summers, he won't be able to drain any other energy here.

2.He drained Warlock/Magus. IMO that Magus is above Warlock, since he seems to be bloodlusted version of Warlock who actually absorbs belief energy of Universal Church of Truth. Warlock's shields survived explosion of High Evo's stars, so I would put them in the same level.

3.Bill has Thor against him, Surfer has Firelord and Ronan vs Wonder Man would be intresting considering that both have a chance to end this battle fast.

4.You know that I gived this battle for Annihilators, right? ;-D

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Floopay

@floopay said:

Floopay

1.I didn't say that Quasar will for sure lose with Vulcan. More - I've said that Quasar would win sooner or later. Point is that until he will deal with Summers, he won't be able to drain any other energy here.

2.He drained Warlock/Magus. IMO that Magus is above Warlock, since he seems to be bloodlusted version of Warlock who actually absorbs belief energy of Universal Church of Truth. Warlock's shields survived explosion of High Evo's stars, so I would put them in the same level.

3.Bill has Thor against him, Surfer has Firelord and Ronan vs Wonder Man would be intresting considering that both have a chance to end this battle fast.

4.You know that I gived this battle for Annihilators, right? ;-D

He can drain from multiple locations simultaneously, a feat I have yet to see Vulcan replicate. Plus Quasar can trap people in bubbles, a feat he has done multiple times, or he can wrap them in restraints.

Quasar also drained Adam Warlock, and if it were not for the Soul Gem, he would have won that fight.

It's not a one vs. one battle, it's a group vs group. BRB, Quasar, and Silver Surfer have the most experience working with each other (worked together through two separate series), so that would give them a huge advantage.

I understand that, just saying Quasar should take on the energy dependents here pretty easily. Even Vulcan, who's best feats are dwarfed by Quasar's standard feats.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

He can drain from multiple locations simultaneously, a feat I have yet to see Vulcan replicate. Plus Quasar can trap people in bubbles, a feat he has done multiple times, or he can wrap them in restraints.

Quasar also drained Adam Warlock, and if it were not for the Soul Gem, he would have won that fight.

It's not a one vs. one battle, it's a group vs group. BRB, Quasar, and Silver Surfer have the most experience working with each other (worked together through two separate series), so that would give them a huge advantage.

I understand that, just saying Quasar should take on the energy dependents here pretty easily. Even Vulcan, who's best feats are dwarfed by Quasar's standard feats.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

1.I know Quasar's powers and feats, but all his constructs are still made out of energy. Energy that can be absorbed.

2.Actually he didn't drain Warlock. I know, because I was using that scan to support Quasar for some time, until someone looked on it in different way. And he was right - Quasar even mention it few times that he can't drain magic energy.

3.It isn't, but we're actually talking just about Quasar vs Vulcan. I don't see other diffrences between us in this thread. Their enemies have numbers, but Annihilators have quality. IT would really have to be Sentry-Void or King Thor to make a difference here.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Floopay

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

1.I know Quasar's powers and feats, but all his constructs are still made out of energy. Energy that can be absorbed.

2.Actually he didn't drain Warlock. I know, because I was using that scan to support Quasar for some time, until someone looked on it in different way. And he was right - Quasar even mention it few times that he can't drain magic energy.

3.It isn't, but we're actually talking just about Quasar vs Vulcan. I don't see other diffrences between us in this thread. Their enemies have numbers, but Annihilators have quality. IT would really have to be Sentry-Void or King Thor to make a difference here.

I dunno who dismissed that scan for you, but Quasar is CLEARLY, and I mean CLEARLY draining Adam Warlock. You can see the energy being drawn into his body, and you can see Adam Warlock fighting to resist it, and having a hard time. If it weren't for the Soul Gem, he would have been boned. So yes, he drained Adam Warlock, but Adam was able to hit him with the Soul Gem before he finished draining him. It happened. Nevertheless, Vulcan has depleted himself to defeat before and overused and abused his powers in the past. The only instance of Quasar doing that really was against Annihilus with the cosmic rod, which isn't much of a slight against him.

But yes, we have similar thoughts, just a few differences in opinion.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Wonder Man teleport now including out of a cage designed to hold him? Didn't he take out Red Hulk easily after Red Hulk surprised him with a sucker punch before they save the Wasp from the microverse? I think he might have had a power upgrade when Wanda brought him back.

If you are taking high end feats, Sentry's molecular manipulation would be tough to stop.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn

Annihilators should win...

Silver Surfer would be a serious problem for Sentry... quite frankly anyone on the Powerhouse Team... I can see Mr. Ed doing a lot of damage here as well.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Annihilators.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cfrehse

@tparks: I read this arc. I don't think he drained him here.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see an argument against why Quasar didnt drain Adam Warlock, it looked pretty clear as a drainage. Although Quasar has an inherent limitation, unless someone expels energy, Quasar cant drain a living person.

From a person point of view, Quasar can only drain when a person is fighting back, and in doing so uses his energy, if a person doesnt use energy against Quasar he cant drain him. Its pretty clearly said and shown on panel, and clearly given as a reason why Quasar failed to completely drain Kismet.

If vulcan someone realizes this, or if anyone realizes this then Quasar cant drain them, but its unlikely they will all of a sudden realize this.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cfrehse said:

@tparks: I read this arc. I don't think he drained him here.

I read it too. Actually I re-read it last night because when I looked up my scan, it made me want to read it again. I thought it looked like he was draining Dredd of his shield energy. I could be wrong though. What do you think he was doing if he is not draining?

P.S. The Rocket Raccoon and Groot sidestory during that arc is way better then the Annihilator arc. haha.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: idk it looked to me like he just used his hammers manipulation powers to hurt him. On the scan he says it can effect matter.

and ya lol the sidestory was good.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

I dunno who dismissed that scan for you, but Quasar is CLEARLY, and I mean CLEARLY draining Adam Warlock. You can see the energy being drawn into his body, and you can see Adam Warlock fighting to resist it, and having a hard time. If it weren't for the Soul Gem, he would have been boned. So yes, he drained Adam Warlock, but Adam was able to hit him with the Soul Gem before he finished draining him. It happened. Nevertheless, Vulcan has depleted himself to defeat before and overused and abused his powers in the past. The only instance of Quasar doing that really was against Annihilus with the cosmic rod, which isn't much of a slight against him.

But yes, we have similar thoughts, just a few differences in opinion.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Problem is, that Quasar was drainning SG, which was the main source of Warlock's power. BTW, this version of Warlock without SG wasn't as powerfull as the last one.

@czarny_samael666 said:

I would like to see an argument against why Quasar didnt drain Adam Warlock, it looked pretty clear as a drainage. Although Quasar has an inherent limitation, unless someone expels energy, Quasar cant drain a living person.

From a person point of view, Quasar can only drain when a person is fighting back, and in doing so uses his energy, if a person doesnt use energy against Quasar he cant drain him. Its pretty clearly said and shown on panel, and clearly given as a reason why Quasar failed to completely drain Kismet.

If vulcan someone realizes this, or if anyone realizes this then Quasar cant drain them, but its unlikely they will all of a sudden realize this.

Lol, considering that last time (Thor vs Warlock) we were on opposite sides in this and You were saying that Thor can't drain Warlock ;-D

Where was it stated that Quasar can only absorb, but not drain energy? When they were fighting? I know that I've read that, but I fail to remember when has it happen.

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By batnorris

oh wow I love it you really only need quasar and ss. quasar can literally drain every single person on powerhouses save thor and ww then they can beat on ww and thor

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Killemall

Lol, considering that last time (Thor vs Warlock) we were on opposite sides in this and You were saying that Thor can't drain Warlock ;-D

Nope thats not what i said at all.

What i however said was Thor cant absorb or drain the soul gem, thats exactly what happened against Quasar as well.

Firstly Quasar draining Adam Warlock and it was working fine

No Caption Provided

After all Adam Warlock is an artificial human created using the cosmic energy.

What Quasar fail to absorb and even read from his quantum band was the soul gem, and i still maintain Thor and Mjolnir should have the same problem because Soul Gem isnt magic, even bio clearly calls it cosmic energy, and Quasar still fail to even read it properly

No Caption Provided

Where was it stated that Quasar can only absorb, but not drain energy? When they were fighting? I know that I've read that, but I fail to remember when has it happen.

It was stated when they were fighting.

No Caption Provided

If you are looking for an issue number its Quasar vol 1 28.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@killemall:

Do you know how much power Quasar Tap in the Q-zone?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

Unlimited.

Quantum Zone is an entire dimension (universe / pocket universe) filled with energy, everything in the universe is the energy Quasar can tap into.

What it essentially does is make Quasar impossible to drain, and let quasar constantly blow out energy forever, doesnt actually improves his physical stats, speed or anything or change the amount of energy he can throw out in a blast, but he can continue his blast forever without having to worry about being out of energy.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarhas said:

@killemall:

Unlimited.

Quantum Zone is an entire dimension (universe / pocket universe) filled with energy, everything in the universe is the energy Quasar can tap into.

What it essentially does is make Quasar impossible to drain, and let quasar constantly blow out energy forever, doesnt actually improves his physical stats, speed or anything or change the amount of energy he can throw out in a blast, but he can continue his blast forever without having to worry about being out of energy.

But the energy output is still regulated, are there any instance where he open the aperture of the Q-Bands fully?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But the energy output is still regulated, are there any instance where he open the aperture of the Q-Bands fully?

Its not that there is anything saying his power output would be regulated, its that there is absolutely nothing saying otherwise (as in his power blast would be increased). He just now has unlimited supply of energy, preventing him from going dry and getting drained.

And there have been times where it has been hinted that his powers with Q-Bands are limited, an example off the top of my head:

No Caption Provided

So Quasar believes he most likely doesnt have enough energy in the quantum band to able to create an energy bubble big enough to contain the anti-matter present in the sun at that point, suggests his power are limited.

But i cant recall an instance where he has tried to absorb something (other than anti-matter , magic and soul gem, which are all outside the scope of his energy manipulation) and failed because there was too much energy. Although just to add Annihilators 04, Quasar + Surfer + Ronin has to pull their power together when they tried to merge two stars. I think its safe to assume his energy manipulation is about star-level and not above it (he has for a short time, in order to show his power, manipulated the power of an entire star)

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

Is that Wendell, what is with the Cyclops like goggles?

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lol

Powerhouses need a better team

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Annihilators handily.

askujdnakjsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By askujdnakjsd

Powerhouses have sentry which if stable, has out shined absorbing man who then absorbed the energies of the cosmic cube (he settled for the cube as lesser compared to power within sentry)

The cube still is swb level, iirc it happened before sw tho in pre retcon.

And sentry by himself has enough power and force again, to just walk through dooms fully powered force fields (in mighty avengers) [the same force fields that have held their own against 4 mad celestials ...and sentry combined walking through this casually along with the bands of cyttorak (for whatever it's worth).

If Bob is well aware of his powers, team two wins. If not, it's a repeat of what happened with Hercules, but don't think they will be able to kill Bob.

Hyperion if current is gonna be the bad link on the team.

And for quasar having his own universe

Sentry has one as well.