• 58 results
#1 Edited by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel's Annihilators: Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Nova Prime, Silver Surfer, Ronan

VS

My DC Annihilators: Alan Scott, Captain Atom, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, Orion, Superman

Battle takes place on Mars. Everyone is bloodlusted, to the death. Everyone has basic knowledge of teammates, no knowledge of opponents.

#2 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
The original Annihilators get annihilated.
#3 Posted by BigCimmerian (8308 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

How?

#4 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@BigCimmerian said:

@Morpheus_ said:

How?

By being severely underpowered to handle five Superman level characters, one of which has vast energy manipulation abilities, along with one more character whose raw power even the Guardians of the Universe could not contain. And while under normal conditions that is not a level he usually demonstrates, he's bloodlusted here. 
#5 Posted by Immortal777 (7586 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc for reasons stated

#6 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

What if instead of Alan Scott I put in Hal Jordan?

So:

Marvel: Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Nova Prime, Silver Surfer, Ronan

DC: Superman, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, Hal Jordan, Captain Marvel, Orion

#7 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

So:

DC: Superman, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, Hal Jordan, Captain Marvel, Orion

Worse, arguably.

#8 Posted by termiteone4ever (7358 posts) - - Show Bio

DC got this .

#9 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@Morpheus_ said:

How?

By being severely underpowered to handle five Superman level characters, one of which has vast energy manipulation abilities, along with one more character whose raw power even the Guardians of the Universe could not contain. And while under normal conditions that is not a level he usually demonstrates, he's bloodlusted here.

This is the answer.

#10 Edited by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

So no one thinks the Marvel Annihilators have a chance, even with Silver Surfer? I think people are underestimating the Annihilators.

#11 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Annihilators

#12 Edited by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

the problem with Marvels Annihilators is once you take out Surfer, Quasar and Gladiator there's suddenly an enormous strength gap or speed gap

Silver Surfer logically can beat anyone on team two but he's going to have real problems fighting two DC's at once

Quasar actually has a good chance to power drain Supes but there are still many other DC bricks to fight and I don't see Surfer taking guys like Atom and Manhunter easy, especially at the same time

Manhunter vs Gladiator...a telepathic Superman vs a Superman who folds like a deck chair once someone messes with his mind/confidence...do the math

BRB is powerful but too slow, Marvels Annihilators might go for the BFR option with Marvel people like BRB and Ronan on the team...why not do an easy BFR? but team DC have a Lantern, Orion with Newgods tech and Atom so they can possible counter any dimension dump

Ronan and Bill would be blitzed bad by a Superman character, and physically Ronan is too weak, he won't last against Superman or ShazamBilly. Unlike BeaRayBill or Surfer a guy like Ronan will not have the strength to soak any damage

It would probably require some CIS and team Marvel playing it very smart for them to have any chance of a win

DC got this

#13 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoboseid said:

the problem with Marvels Annihilators is once you take out Surfer, Quasar and Gladiator there's suddenly an enormous strength gap or speed gap

Silver Surfer logically can beat anyone on team two but he's going to have real problems fighting two DC's at once

Quasar actually has a good chance to power drain Supes but there are still many other DC bricks to fight and I don't see Surfer taking guys like Atom and Manhunter easy, especially at the same time

Manhunter vs Gladiator...a telepathic Superman vs a Superman who folds like a deck chair once someone messes with his mind/confidence...do the math

BRB is powerful but too slow, Marvels Annihilators might go for the BFR option with Marvel people like BRB and Ronan on the team...why not do an easy BFR? but team DC have a Lantern, Orion with Newgods tech and Atom so they can possible counter any dimension dump

Ronan and Bill would be blitzed bad by a Superman character, and physically Ronan is too weak, he won't last against Superman or ShazamBilly. Unlike BeaRayBill or Surfer a guy like Ronan will not have the strength to soak any damage

It would probably require some CIS and team Marvel playing it very smart for them to have any chance of a win

DC got this

Very interesting, thanks.

#14 Posted by chriconz123 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoboseid said:

DC got this

Totally agree with this. Once the three are taken out, it's a cake walk for DC.

#15 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I knew more about how powerful alan scott is

@Hoboseid: You forgot Nova Prime

#16 Posted by demifiendninja (299 posts) - - Show Bio

dc team. next

#17 Posted by RingSlinger (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude how the hell did you come up with this, ive been planning to make almost this EXACT same battle for almost a week now.... Seriously wtf.

#18 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

@RingSlinger said:

Dude how the hell did you come up with this, ive been planning to make almost this EXACT same battle for almost a week now.... Seriously wtf.

Heh, I've been thinking about it for a while. Didnt think it'd be too easy of a win for the DC team, considering how tough SS is.

#19 Posted by RingSlinger (533 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton:

ya, the surfer is a huge factor, he can do so many things,.... My team was going to consist of ION (kyle 2nd version), Martian Manhunter, Lobo, Captain Atom, Firestorm, and Orion.

I didnt include Superman because I always thought Surfer could drain the solar energy out of him, other than that your DC team stomps.

#20 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

DC, for the reasons previously stated by Hoboseid and Morph.

#21 Posted by cliffrice (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

Not saying it would be easey, Bill Whaps superman with magic mallet Supes still would more than likely win but still Bill might suprise you.

Quazar can More than likely drain a power ring with the quantum bands.

Nova houses the Source of the entire nova corps powers inside of him not to mention that with the world mind he is completely protected From Psi attack he would be a good match for MM and not to mention being the host to the entire nova force now has the memories and skills of every Nova that has ever lived not to mention their power Nova used to be able to amp his strengh and whatnot to thor like level now that only exaggerated by whatever having the whole nova force in you means . Also nova can Analyze any opponent ability with the help of the Xandian World mind..

Gladiator would probably loose to Shazam depending on the confidence levels.

Ronin would probably loose to Orion though it may go either way because of the Universal weapon, which isnt anything to sneeze at. Still leaning towards Orion.

Some things to consider, if Quazar drops and SS gets his hands on the quantum bands the fight is over. according to the old guardians of the Galaxcy comic, Surfer with the quantum bands is fifty times stronger than normal surfer.

#22 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

@cliffrice said:

Not saying it would be easey, Bill Whaps superman with magic mallet Supes still would more than likely win but still Bill might suprise you.

Nova houses the Source of the entire nova corps powers inside of him not to mention that with the world mind he is completely protected From Psi attack he would be a good match for MM and not to mention being the host to the entire nova force now has the memories and skills of every Nova that has ever lived not to mention their power Nova used to be able to amp his strengh and whatnot to thor like level now that only exaggerated by whatever having the whole nova force in you means . Also nova can Analyze any opponent ability with the help of the Xandian World mind..

Ronin would probably loose to Orion though it may go either way because of the Universal weapon, which isnt anything to sneeze at. Still leaning towards Orion.

Some things to consider, if Quazar drops and SS gets his hands on the quantum bands the fight is over. according to the old guardians of the Galaxcy comic, Surfer with the quantum bands is fifty times stronger than normal surfer.

Glad to see a little more confidence in the Marvel team, but it looks like my DC Annihilators win. Looks like I'll have to throw something else at them tomorrow. =)

#23 Posted by war of light_2814 (823 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer won't beat bloodlusted Alan Scott.

Alan,Atom and J'onn are primary reasons why DC wins.

#24 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

No way the Marvel Annihilators can win this.

#25 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surer, Nova Prime and Beta Ray Bill are the real game changers for Marvel. The rest of the team don't last very long.

#26 Posted by cliffrice (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@cliffrice said:

Glad to see a little more confidence in the Marvel team, but it looks like my DC Annihilators win. Looks like I'll have to throw something else at them tomorrow. =)

Seems like this debate only got a little time oh well.

#27 Posted by beatboks1 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoboseid said:

He'd struggle in a one on one with Alan Scot in a blood lusted state. If he wins it would only be after a very long and hard fought battle that would cost him a lot.

@vuviper said:

Since OP says Blood lusted the answer is VERY. In a Blood lusted state Alan becomes the starheart. As such he is a dimensional reality warping being who has successfully soloed the JLA/JSA/ and JSA All Stars plus a few dozen other DC heroes. In that state he was able to possess and completely control Dr fate, Obsidian, Jade, Miss Martian, and several others. he was able to completely control all the elements literally pitting the planet Earth against his enemies. he was able to empower a normal human to levels that could take on half a dozen JSAers with ease (whilst mentally controlling him). He was able to laugh off the best blows of Supergirl and Powergirl. he was able to fight on several fronts in multiple places at once. he can warp time and alter the time flow, has soloed all of hell (in a state below full blood lusted). In a normal (non blood lusted) state post sentinel upgrade he went toe to toe with Mordru who has beaten the combined JLA JSA and LOSH

#28 Posted by Death_From_Below (223 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll go with team 1 even though i dont know a whole lot about the others.

#29 Edited by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@WillPayton said:

So:

Please don't listen to the Dc circle jerkers, "Superman Level" should be an indication they don't actually have an argument for DC to win.  You have a really good match up.
Gladiator v Superman - If Gladiator is at full confidence and get stay there, this bout would be a good one where you would have to go on feats and stats to actually argue a win
Captain Atom v Silver surfer - I'd say silver surfer would stomp him His abilities are far to vast, and his Energy manipulation Trumps Atoms
BRB v. Captain Marvel - I think Captain Marvel could eventually pull a win out of this, but again this would be a long hard fought battle, but BRB Seems physically stronger and has a wider of array of magic at his fingers so realy this could go either way.
Green Lantern v. Quasar - also a good match up but Quasar i think would come out on Top and could steal his energy away from him.
Nova Prime v MM - Nova would win this, the World Mind give him telepathic immunity, his reaction is Faster, and his Showing against Annihilus shows he can deal with someone with MM's Durability, also the Worldmind can compensate for intangibility as well.  MM would be completely outmatched.
Ronan v Orion - Now i can't really say i know too much about either of these character, neither ever interested me enough too look further into them. So basing this on what little i know about them, I'd think Orion would win, but Ronan would give him a tough fight with his matter manipulation.

so first fight could go either way, second SS, Third could go Either way (but i'll say Captain Marvel just so slightly), but epic battle, fourth Quasar, fifth Nova Prime, Sixth Orion.

So i think people are just being lazy if they are saying that the match up made would be a clear win for either side.  All of it is very debatable.
#30 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
  @blacharrt  said: 
Please don't listen to the Dc circle jerkers
Learn some manners while you enjoy your ban, kid.
#31 Posted by Billy Batson (58026 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh snap!
DC.
BB

#32 Posted by DietyBatman (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: I don't even read comic books, but I had to sign up and log in just to congratulate you in being a certifiably mad bro.

#33 Posted by Masterr (194 posts) - - Show Bio

@chriconz123 said:

@Hoboseid said:

DC got this

Totally agree with this. Once the three are taken out, it's a cake walk for DC.

I agree with this.

#34 Posted by atlarep (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would all change if you swap Ronan with the Sentry. MARVEL would rape DC

#35 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@vuviper said:

Since OP says Blood lusted the answer is VERY. In a Blood lusted state Alan becomes the starheart. As such he is a dimensional reality warping being who has successfully soloed the JLA/JSA/ and JSA All Stars plus a few dozen other DC heroes. In that state he was able to possess and completely control Dr fate, Obsidian, Jade, Miss Martian, and several others. he was able to completely control all the elements literally pitting the planet Earth against his enemies. he was able to empower a normal human to levels that could take on half a dozen JSAers with ease (whilst mentally controlling him). He was able to laugh off the best blows of Supergirl and Powergirl. he was able to fight on several fronts in multiple places at once. he can warp time and alter the time flow, has soloed all of hell (in a state below full blood lusted). In a normal (non blood lusted) state post sentinel upgrade he went toe to toe with Mordru who has beaten the combined JLA JSA and LOSH

Thanks friend

#36 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@atlarep said:

I think it would all change if you swap Ronan with the Sentry. MARVEL would rape DC

Anyone on DC team would r*pe Sentry, if they were gay.

#37 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

@atlarep: Sadly Sentry has one fatal flaw.

He sucks.

Seriously, he doesn't have the consistent power level for a battle of this magnitude. Let the guy work out his mental heath issues, and get a consistent history of good feats before bringing him to this rodeo.

#38 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_
  @blacharrt said: 
Please don't listen to the Dc circle jerkers
Learn some manners while you enjoy your ban, kid.
That gets a ban? Lol.
#39 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

I've gotta give it to DC. Unfair matchup! Replace Orion and MM with weaker people.

#40 Edited by Greendevil (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a hard battle for Marvel even though Surfer is the most powerful of both teams. It might not be enough. Ronan although very underrated on this forum, I have scans of him taking it to Genis-Vell, countering speed blitz, but sadly he is still out matched and and has little to offer the DC team...Well outmatched against of them

I have questions before i can make up my mind

1. Are we using Alan Scott or Hal Jordan = ?
  2. Universal weapon vs New God technology = ?
  3. Quasar vs Alan Scott = ?
  4. Beta Ray Bill vs Captain Marvel = ?

If its Not Alan Scott but Jordan, Imo Quasar beats Jordan.Nova Prime beats Jordan to. Iml not sure he can handle Alan though. Also Superman vs Gladiator will be dead even. Both bludlusted wold be stalemate imo

It all depends on who fights who? DC team has the edge in favorite scenarios.

But if Ronans UH is better than Orions tech (which i think it is) And Ronan and Orion happen to fight each other. Ronan ftw thx to his superior weapon. Ronan has no Mercy after breakfast. A blood lusted Ronan would use the Hammer to its fullest potential imo.

But If Orions tech is better, he rips Ronan to pieces and stuffs the Hammer up His Kree @$$!.

Also if its Jordan instead of Alan, Nova should handle him and Quasar must take on Martian. BFR is allowed so 1 way ticket to the Quantum universe where Quasar is TOAA

Good even fight mate. Not a STOMP either way imo

#41 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

It's still Alan Scott in the fight.

#42 Posted by beatboks1 (7229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greendevil said:

This is a hard battle for Marvel even though Surfer is the most powerful of both teams. It might not be enough. Ronan although very underrated on this forum, I have scans of him taking it to Genis-Vell, countering speed blitz, but sadly he is still out matched and and has little to offer the DC team...Well outmatched against of them

If its Not Alan Scott but Jordan, Imo Quasar beats Jordan.Nova Prime beats Jordan to. Iml not sure he can handle Alan though. Also Superman vs Gladiator will be dead even. Both bludlusted wold be stalemate imo

But if Ronans UH is better than Orions tech (which i think it is) And Ronan and Orion happen to fight each other. Ronan ftw thx to his superior weapon. Ronan has no Mercy after breakfast. A blood lusted Ronan would use the Hammer to its fullest potential imo.

But If Orions tech is better, he rips Ronan to pieces and stuffs the Hammer up His Kree @$$!.

Also if its Jordan instead of Alan, Nova should handle him and Quasar must take on Martian. BFR is allowed so 1 way ticket to the Quantum universe where Quasar is TOAA

1. I'm pretty sure it's still Alan. if it were Jordan I'd say there would be more of an argument for marvel taking the win. Being Alan and Blood lusted means he can take this to the starheart dimension or reality warp this one. Also being Alan AND blood lusted i wouldn't say SS is the most powerful. If he wasn't blood lusted yes, but not once he is. I seriously doubt the SS could solo all DC earth the way Alan did in the last JLA/JSA cross over (which was blood lusted- in the end the only thing that saved the heroes was that Alan beat himself).

2. honestly I don't see the Universal weapon holding up against the Astro harness and a mother box. Especially when you add in strength arguably above Superman (he's physically beaten Darksied where Superman has repeatedly failed). and the astro force that can match DS's omega beams. The mother box alone can do everything the Universal weapon can and more. Add in the astro harness and ........

3. Hard call IMO to say which of them would win. They both have basically the same abilities (though I've not seen Quasar control the forces of nature or time ). But where others have said Quasar will drain Alan's energy since he can't do it to magic and Alan unlike other GL's is magic that wont fly.

4. I'd agree but can also see instances where BRB could pull off the win.

#43 Posted by atlarep (5 posts) - - Show Bio

i believe it would be a bit more fair if you replace Ronan with The Sentry or Adam Warlock; or maybe Black Bolt.

Sentry does have almost limitless power compared to many of the DC team and it took almost the entire Marvel universe (and the norm stones) to take him out. The fact that he was crazy just makes him more dangerous.

lets not forget He destroyed Molecular Man like nothing (MOLECULAR MAN!!!) and stopped the collective from destroyin life on Earth.

#44 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

@atlarep said:

i believe it would be a bit more fair if you replace Ronan with The Sentry or Adam Warlock; or maybe Black Bolt.

You need to talk to Marvel about that, not me. =)

#45 Posted by atlarep (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty:

i respect your opinion; but i don't think we are discussing mental health.

it's possible that you just like the DC guys too much to recognize the other team's power?

#46 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt and Sentry would both be fairly ineffective against a team of this magnitude.

#47 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

@atlarep said:

Sentry does have almost limitless power compared to many of the DC team

No he doesn't, he ended up burning out against World War Hulk

@atlarep said:

it took almost the entire Marvel universe (and the norm stones) to take him out.

No it didn't, it took a hellicarrier crashing down on him to stop him

#48 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

Who was actually present during Siege? Thor, Iron Man in the Mark 1 armor, some basic-level Avengers with Carol and Jessica, and a hellicarrier. Not really the "almost the entire Marvel universe". Hell, the X-Men and F4 weren't even present.

#49 Posted by Greendevil (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@Greendevil said:

1. I'm pretty sure it's still Alan. if it were Jordan I'd say there would be more of an argument for marvel taking the win. Being Alan and Blood lusted means he can take this to the starheart dimension or reality warp this one. Also being Alan AND blood lusted i wouldn't say SS is the most powerful. If he wasn't blood lusted yes, but not once he is. I seriously doubt the SS could solo all DC earth the way Alan did in the last JLA/JSA cross over (which was blood lusted- in the end the only thing that saved the heroes was that Alan beat himself).

2. honestly I don't see the Universal weapon holding up against the Astro harness and a mother box. Especially when you add in strength arguably above Superman (he's physically beaten Darksied where Superman has repeatedly failed). and the astro force that can match DS's omega beams. The mother box alone can do everything the Universal weapon can and more. Add in the astro harness and ........

3. Hard call IMO to say which of them would win. They both have basically the same abilities (though I've not seen Quasar control the forces of nature or time ). But where others have said Quasar will drain Alan's energy since he can't do it to magic and Alan unlike other GL's is magic that wont fly.

4. I'd agree but can also see instances where BRB could pull off the win.

excellent post dude. Thx for clearing it up.

I have to agree after reading your post. It was as i expected. Ronan is a heavy underdog no matter who he fights here, and that will lead Marvel team to 2 vs 1 scenario as soon as Ronan is out. And Surfer being the top guy on Marvel cant handle say Atom and Martian at the same time.

Also i never knew Alan was above Surfer = Impressive

• Alan can BFR to the Star heart dimension and from the sound of it, be unbeatable
  • Surfer can BFR to astral plane, and we know he cant loose here
  • Quasar to the Quantum zone, same as the other 2, he is untouchable here

So the real question is, who takes who, where and first?

#50 Posted by atlarep (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr: Wrong.

I am starting to think I am in the wrong forum. Is there anybody here who likes Marvel? (J)