Annihilators vs. Illuminati and "friends"

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wise Son
  • Annihilators have been brainwashed by an evil cosmic entity (take your pick) into wiping out the universe's inhabitants. Nova acknowledge's the threat and speeds off to warn earth that they are on a collision with the Annihilators. The Illuminati intercepts him and they decide to neutralize the threat themselves in a top secret mission before they make it to earth. They enlists the help of Norman Osborn and the Cabal, forcing them to help or else.
  • Nova is helping the Earth in this fight and he's at full power.
  • Fight takes place on a habitable planet similar to earth. The few primitive inhabitants have been wiped out. Earth's forces are teleported there to nip things in the bud.
  • No speed blitz. No BFR. Earth has minimum prep.
  • Annihilators specs: FC Gladiator. Quasar w/ quantum bands. Ronan is fully equipped. Beta Ray Bill and Silver Surfer are at full levels. (Due to the magic in the fight)    
  • Illuminati specs: All are at peak levels. Iron Man has Thorbuster armor equipped.  
  • Cabal specs: Loki is at normal levels. Taskmaster is fully equipped. Norman is Iron Patriot. Emma Frost and Hood are at peak levels. Doom is at peak levels and is wearing the Destroyer Armor.
  • Fight 1: Morals on (I know sounds ridiculous given the premise but just roll with me on this one.)
  • Fight 2: No Morals
  • So, who'd win? Is this spite or does Earth have a puncher's chance?

They're pissed.
They're pissed.

Are they screwed? 
Are they screwed? 

Them too?
 Them too?

Bring in the closer.
Bring in the closer.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Doctor Strange's magicks, mixed with Loki's and Doctor Doom's, combined with Professor Xavier's telepathic abilities, should be enough to stop them in both rounds.

Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wise Son
@Dark Cloud™ said:
Doctor Strange's magicks, mixed with Loki's and Doctor Doom's, combined with Professor Xavier's telepathic abilities, should be enough to stop them in both rounds.
How do they counter the energy and matter manipulation of SS and Quasar?
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By isaac_clarke

Doom and Reed with prep? Eh still struggling to see this team not destroy the planet in moments regardless, but Doom and Reed can solve anything given enough prep or a cosmic entity to save the day.
Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wise Son
@isaac_clarke said:
Doom and Reed with prep? Eh still struggling to see this team not destroy the planet in moments regardless, but Doom and Reed can solve anything given enough prep or a cosmic entity to save the day.
I'm going to edit that to minimum prep. Mainly assessing the situation, getting some plans formed, etc. Anything more then that and I can see Reed bringing in the Ultimate Nullifier .
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@Wise Son said:
@Dark Cloud™ said:
Surfer is very susceptible to magicks. Coupled by an assault on a mental level, he's going to feel distress.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By odinforce
thorbuster armor ftw
Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wise Son
@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Wise Son said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:
Surfer is very susceptible to magicks. Coupled by an assault on a mental level, he's going to feel distress.
How susceptible is he now with his power upgrade? Haven't seen too many scans of this. Ohh and SS is no slouch on the mental plane. He could fend off Xavier for a while.
Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wise Son
@odinforce said:
thorbuster armor ftw
How?
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@Wise Son said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Wise Son said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

How susceptible is he now with his power upgrade? Haven't seen too many scans of this. 
During Annihilators, Doctor Dredd's magicks shredded his hand easily.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Wise Son said:
@isaac_clarke said:
I'm going to edit that to minimum prep. Mainly assessing the situation, getting some plans formed, etc. Anything more then that and I can see Reed bringing in the Ultimate Nullifier .

Reed shouldn't be fast enough to actually use it before getting pummeled by anyone on this team.
@Dark Cloud™ said:
Since when? The guy regularly prevented the Mephisto from stealing his soul, having his life energies sucked out like a spoungem broken free of Stranges spells, etc.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By odinforce
@Wise Son said:
@odinforce said:
thorbuster armor ftw
How?
im not saying that it can solo, but it did take on a skyfather
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@isaac_clarke said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

Since when? The guy regularly prevented the Mephisto from stealing his soul, having his life energies sucked out like a spoungem broken free of Stranges spells, etc.
Since he had his hand easily shredded by Doctor Dredd using Skrull/Dire Wraiths magicks.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Dark Cloud™ said:

"During Annihilators, Doctor Dredd's magicks shredded his hand easily.

Dredd's space cutting wasn't magic, Ronan via matter manipulation completely depowered him and smashed his head in. 
The Surfer also ouside seeing a few drips still had a hand unlike anything else Dredd's little cut shield chopped through, he tanked it better than space itself did. 

Edit: 

The Hammer isn't exactly anti magic.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Dark Cloud™ said:
Since he had his hand easily shredded by Doctor Dredd using Skrull/Dire Wraiths magicks.

The only time he used magic was to bind the Silver Surfer and friends while attempting to revive the skrull race, outside that and a flash back he wasn't busting out spells left and right.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@isaac_clarke said:
@Dark Cloud™ said:

"During Annihilators, Doctor Dredd's magicks shredded his hand easily.

Dredd's space cutting wasn't magic, Ronan via matter manipulation completely depowered him and smashed his head in. The Surfer also ouside seeing a few drips still had a hand unlike anything else Dredd's little cut shield chopped through, he tanked it better than space itself did.
No, his abilities are magical. It's a magical shield that is a cosmic razor blade. Throughout the short series, it spoke of him having learned magicks from the original Dredd.
Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wise Son
@Dark Cloud™ said:
@Wise Son said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Wise Son said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

How susceptible is he now with his power upgrade? Haven't seen too many scans of this. 
During Annihilators, Doctor Dredd's magicks shredded his hand easily.
Hrmm, I guess you're right but with cosmic awareness he would instantly know if he didn't already that there were magic users that needed to be put down. Even with morals on I doubt they'd be fast enough to really do some damage before they have to go on the defensive. I don't think it makes much sense seeing as how he's battle Strange and Mephisto before and kept on trucking. The rest of the annihilators are not pushovers either so let's not forget about them.

@isaac_clarke said:
@Wise Son said:
@isaac_clarke said:

Reed shouldn't be fast enough to actually use it before getting pummeled by anyone on this team.
@Dark Cloud™ said:
That's what I was thinking on both counts but what if he gives it to someone who has the reflexes to use it in time.@odinforce said:
@Wise Son said:
@odinforce said:
thorbuster armor ftw
How?
im not saying that it can solo, but it did take on a skyfather
I think SS at full power is around the same level. If it makes the fight more even I have no problem upping Surfer's power in it.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By odinforce
@Wise Son: No silver surfer is not on a sky-father level, just a herald level. Surfer was already beaten by Odin (i think he was one-shotted too) and Odin took his blasts along with Thanos' like nothing.
Wise Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wise Son
@odinforce said:
@Wise Son: No silver surfer is not on a sky-father level, just a herald level. Surfer was already beaten by Odin (i think he was one-shotted too) and Odin took his blasts along with Thanos' like nothing.
I'm not up to snuff on Thor and his affiliates so I sometimes underestimate them. Was Tony wearing the Thorbuster armor? If so that seems like PIS to me. Got any scans?
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Dark Cloud™ said:

"No, his abilities are magical. It's a magical shield that is a cosmic razor blade. Throughout the short series, it spoke of him having learned magicks from the original Dredd.

Throughout? You mean the last book right? Because it wasn't till the one prior that we even find out he wasn't Dredd but a skrull borrowing his face. 
Muchless do I remember it saying his ability to cut space and time being related to magic.  

Regardless this doesn't make the Surfer weak to or susceptible to magic, mainly because he tanked it just fine.  
The guy has been chopped to pieces and pulled himself together by the next page, what Dredd did to him was a minor ouch to remove the Surfer for a moment as Dredd owned the rest of the Annihilator's attempts to catch him.
odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By odinforce
@Wise Son said:
@odinforce said:
I'm not up to snuff on Thor and his affiliates so I sometimes underestimate them. Was Tony wearing the Thorbuster armor? If so that seems like PIS to me. Got any scans?
It wasnt any normal ordinary man-made armor like the hulkbuster, it was powered and enforced by a special source given to him by thor is the past. Yes, he did wear it.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@isaac_clarke said:

Edit: 

Sorry, but that picture doesn't prove your statement. Doctore Dredd had learned magicks from the original Dredd, as I stated before, and that shield is part of his magicks.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Dark Cloud™ said:
Sorry, but that picture doesn't prove your statement. Doctore Dredd had learned magicks from the original Dredd, as I stated before, and that shield is part of his magicks.

A hammer which is stated to control matter = able to cancel out magic?  
Can Ronan walk up to Classic Strange and wallop him under the same notion despite auto shields? 
It wasn't a shield, he used it to passively protect himself but he was also chopping through whatever he wanted and again when was this said to be a spell?
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@isaac_clarke said:
@Dark Cloud™ said:

"No, his abilities are magical. It's a magical shield that is a cosmic razor blade. Throughout the short series, it spoke of him having learned magicks from the original Dredd.

Throughout? You mean the last book right? Because it wasn't till the one prior that we even find out he wasn't Dredd but a skrull borrowing his face. Muchless do I remember it saying his ability to cut space and time being related to magic.   Regardless this doesn't make the Surfer weak to or susceptible to magic, mainly because he tanked it just fine.  The guy has been chopped to pieces and pulled himself together by the next page, what Dredd did to him was a minor ouch to remove the Surfer for a moment as Dredd owned the rest of the Annihilator's attempts to catch him.
@isaac_clarke said:
@Dark Cloud™ said:

A hammer which is stated to control matter = able to cancel out magic?  
Can Ronan walk up to Classic Strange and wallop him under the same notion despite auto shields? 
It wasn't a shield, he used it to passively protect himself but he was also chopping through whatever he wanted and again when was this said to be a spell?
Throughout, is what I mean. Because Dredd was using nothing but magicks to do the bidding. Finding out who Dredd really was has no relevance to the conversation. Surfer didn't tank the shield, he was not only surprised by it, but he was confused as to how it could have happened when barely anything outside of magick has ever damaged him that extensively. It warped his hand to liquid, dude. And since Dredd has nothing more than magick to work with, his shield is magic-based unless you can prove to me that it wasn't. His Skrull abilities wouldn't even grant him that power.

I don't understand what your question = means. Please elaborate. And I don't know enough about Ronan to know if he could or couldn't. I'm going by the comics this far. If it encompasses his entire body, as obviously as he shows it to be, then it's a shield of sorts. A window, a block, whathaveyou. They mean the same thing in this case. But yes, it's passive, it's always on. So something about Ronan's hammer cancelled out the magicks. Perhaps the hammer cancelled out the matter aspect of the magicks which in turn cancelled out the energy aspect of the magicks. Again, this is going by what I see in the comic.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Dark Cloud™ said:
" Throughout, is what I mean. Because Dredd was using nothing but magicks to do the bidding. Finding out who Dredd really was has no relevance to the conversation. Surfer didn't tank the shield, he was not only surprised by it, but he was confused as to how it could have happened when barely anything outside of magick has ever damaged him that extensively. It warped his hand to liquid, dude. And since Dredd has nothing more than magick to work with, his shield is magic-based unless you can prove to me that it wasn't. His Skrull abilities wouldn't even grant him that power.  I don't understand what your question = means. Please elaborate. And I don't know enough about Ronan to know if he could or couldn't. I'm going by the comics this far. If it encompasses his entire body, as obviously as he shows it to be, then it's a shield of sorts. A window, a block, whathaveyou. They mean the same thing in this case. But yes, it's passive, it's always on. So something about Ronan's hammer cancelled out the magicks. Perhaps the hammer cancelled out the matter aspect of the magicks which in turn cancelled out the energy aspect of the magicks. Again, this is going by what I see in the comic.

But we didn't even get a wiff of him not being Dredd till issue 3, issue 4 being the one that actually shows him learning from Dredd.  
The reason I mention the reveal is to point out the hole in the argument "Throughout the series we are hearing about how he learned his magic from the real Dredd!" 
His hand wasn't warped.  

He was cut, not warped or destroyed and same cutting was allowing Dredd to cut portals from place to place. He even described himself as a creature of science in the first book.
Skrulls are able to slap other people's abilities / powers onto them. Ronan's hammer doesn't cancel out magic, yet it completely prevented Dredd from cutting up space like he was when he first ran into the Annihilators.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@isaac_clarke said:
But we didn't even get a wiff of him not being Dredd till issue 3, issue 4 being the one that actually shows him learning from Dredd.  
The reason I mention the reveal is to point out the hole in the argument "Throughout the series we are hearing about how he learned his magic from the real Dredd!" 
His hand wasn't warped.  

He was cut, not warped or destroyed and same cutting was allowing Dredd to cut portals from place to place. He even described himself as a creature of science in the first book.Skrulls are able to slap other people's abilities / powers onto them. Ronan's hammer doesn't cancel out magic, yet it completely prevented Dredd from cutting up space like he was when he first ran into the Annihilators.
First and foremost, thanks for posting those scans. I was hoping someone would do so.

Second, I see that you were inclining whether or not I was meaning did Dredd out himself as not the real Dredd? Or did you mean that I was implying that he kept saying himself that he was trained with magicks? No, I had meant that towards him using magicks during every issue thus far. And yes, Silver Surfer's hand was warped. Warped is a word someone can use broadly for being changed, mangled, twisted, etc. As Surfer's hand appeared partially liquified, it is then warped. And I never knew that about Skrulls, that's nice to know that they can just... slap powers onto themselves. But, I never stated anything about Ronan's hammer til you popped that up in one of your responses. Again, I don't know about Ronan's hammer so I can't say what it does and doesn't do. If what you say is true about the hammer (also stated in a scan you posted), then I have to go on another route: Dredd's cutting edge "shield," is a byproduct of either magic or having slapped a power on himself. But due to him using magic in every issue of the series, I have to believe it's based on magicks unless otherwise stated canonically. Doesn't matter what anyone else tells me, so long as I see proof of it. I'm neither wrong nor right, therefore I await the truth.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By czarny_samael666

Most powerfull version of Doom killed Watcher, with Destroyer Armor he solo both teams.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Dark Cloud™ said:
First and foremost, thanks for posting those scans. I was hoping someone would do so.

Second, I see that you were inclining whether or not I was meaning did Dredd out himself as not the real Dredd? Or did you mean that I was implying that he kept saying himself that he was trained with magicks? No, I had meant that towards him using magicks during every issue thus far. And yes, Silver Surfer's hand was warped. Warped is a word someone can use broadly for being changed, mangled, twisted, etc. As Surfer's hand appeared partially liquified, it is then warped. And I never knew that about Skrulls, that's nice to know that they can just... slap powers onto themselves. But, I never stated anything about Ronan's hammer til you popped that up in one of your responses. Again, I don't know about Ronan's hammer so I can't say what it does and doesn't do. If what you say is true about the hammer (also stated in a scan you posted), then I have to go on another route: Dredd's cutting edge "shield," is a byproduct of either magic or having slapped a power on himself. But due to him using magic in every issue of the series, I have to believe it's based on magicks unless otherwise stated canonically. Doesn't matter what anyone else tells me, so long as I see proof of it. I'm neither wrong nor right, therefore I await the truth. 

I was pointing out the whole not being Dredd and Magic learning revelation didn't come out till much later in the story or even implied, since you were saying it was mentioned throughout the series. 
It wasn't warped, it was sliced. It wasn't mangled, twisted or anything like that, simply cut and he fixed it in the same issue. If I get my hand cut or slashed by something it's not being warped.  
Honestly you'd have better luck saying Unilord Warped him when he chopped and smashed him to goo. 

Spoilers, he's back up by the next page.
To say he's helpless against magic seems disingenuous, when he's fought multiple magically empowered characters over the years and has even synthesized Odin-Force. 
Ronan's universal hammer does what he says it does, that does not include manipulate or negate magic as far as any of his showings come to mind.  

Not buying that his cutting edge razor blade power is magic.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@isaac_clarke said:
It wasn't warped, it was sliced. It wasn't mangled, twisted or anything like that, simply cut and he fixed it in the same issue. If I get my hand cut or slashed by something it's not being warped.  

Honestly you'd have better luck saying Unilord Warped him when he chopped and smashed him to goo. 

To say he's helpless against magic seems disingenuous, when he's fought multiple magically empowered characters over the years and has even synthesized Odin-Force.
I wanted to point out a couple things for you.

This scan above, in the first panel, when Unilord attack Surfer. You see how Surfer's body is chopped from the upper torso to his belly and then from his belly to his lower torso? And you see his left leg is chopped at the thigh, so is his right leg, which is also chopped at the calf? Yeah, those are cuts (albeit cuts all the way through). Surfer may have said "sliced," but he wasn't "sliced" in that context, his hand was warped. His hand looks quite similar to partial liquid.

Also...

–verb (used with object)
to bend or twist out of shape, especially from a straight or flat form, as timbers or flooring.
to bend or turn from the   natural or true direction or course.
to distort or cause to distort from the truth, fact, true meaning, etc.; bias ; falsify: Prejudice warps the mind.

—Synonyms
1.   turn, contort, distort. 2.   swerve, deviate. 

vb
1. to twist or cause to twist out of shape, as from heat, damp, etc
2. to turn or cause to turn from a true, correct, or proper course
3. to pervert or be perverted
These should help ease your mind on the whole "warped" area.

I never said he was helpless, I said he was susceptible. Susceptible means he is capable of being affected by magic.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Dark Cloud™
But it's not being warped, Dredd's power wasn't to warp things with magic, it was to cutting through them.  
He was described as ripping and altering space time at the nano atomic level on both the opening pages of Annihilators 2 and 3.  

That was mentioned in both, thus far that hasn't consisted of "warping" anything but cutting it, which in this case resulting in the Surfer to have a bit of him fling off.  
The guy doesn't have blood and his skin is made of indestructable metal and cosmic power.

He's susceptible to a lot of things, magic is not an achilles heel for the Surfer.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@isaac_clarke said:
@Dark Cloud™
But it's not being warped, Dredd's power wasn't to warp things with magic, it was to cutting through them.  
He was described as ripping and altering space time at the nano atomic level on both the opening pages of Annihilators 2 and 3.  
That was mentioned in both, thus far that hasn't consisted of "warping" anything but cutting it, which in this case resulting in the Surfer to have a bit of him fling off.  The guy doesn't have blood and his skin is made of indestructable metal and cosmic power. He's susceptible to a lot of things, magic is not an achilles heel for the Surfer.
Then I guess the Dictionary is wrong, my mistake.
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Wise Son said:
@Dark Cloud™ said:

Matter manipulation or any type of 3rd Dimensional Reality warping doesn't work on Dr. Strange or Dr Doom. Geez, look, you have Galactus killers in team 2! Can team 1 even beat Galacuts?
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By isaac_clarke
@Dark Cloud™ said:
Then I guess the Dictionary is wrong, my mistake.

Nothing to do with arguing the definition of a word, but what arguing what your describing as a scene where he's getting warped when he was just cut by someone that cuts space time.