#1 Posted by Owie (3950 posts) - - Show Bio

Annihilus's Annihilation Wave fleet of ships vs the Builder's fleet of ships as seen in Infinity.

The full set of ships from both fleets. No superhuman types though--no actual Annihilus or Ravenous, etc., and none of the Ex Nihili etc. either. Just the ships, and the standard crew that flies them.

I know this may be a bit premature but we can make some educated guesses while we wait for Infinity to wind down, since we've seen their fleet in action a fair amount already.

Which set of ships would win? Which has wreaked more havoc? Which has necessitated a greater response from the rest of the universe?

#2 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be like the Cull Obsidian vs Hunger Dogs fight too soon to tell. I also haven't read AL

#3 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

Trapping and using Galactus as a world destroying weapon, gives Annihilation Wave the win. That and the arc was seven hundred million times better.

#4 Edited by Saren (25068 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, they're more or less the same ---- mostly fodder ships that occasionally do something that makes you go "Wow". The only major difference I can figure is that the Heralds got involved in the battle against the Wave, and if I remember correctly Firelord and Red Shift might have lost to the fodder ships attacking them.

Trapping and using Galactus as a world destroying weapon, gives Annihilation Wave the win. That and the arc was seven hundred million times better.

The Wave didn't trap Galactus, Aegis and Tenebrous did. All the Wave did was get annihilated by Galactus once he got free.

#5 Posted by dondave (38889 posts) - - Show Bio

Annihilation Wave

#6 Edited by JediXMan (31282 posts) - - Show Bio
@citizenbane said:

Eh, they're more or less the same ---- mostly fodder ships that occasionally do something that makes you go "Wow". The only major difference I can figure is that the Heralds got involved in the battle against the Wave, and if I remember correctly Firelord and Red Shift might have lost to the fodder ships attacking them.

Not quite.

Air-Walker, if memory serves, was killed by Ravenous and his Power Cosmic-seeking attack dogs.

Red Shift was vaporized by the weaponized Galactus "gun," along with Stardust - the difference being that Stardust was able to reassemble.

So the fleet itself hasn't done anything impressive, just a few individuals in the Wave.

EDIT: My bad. Air-Walker got taken out by Ravenous, not Firelord. I don't really remember what Firelord did...

#7 Edited by Odinsonnn (308 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: Galactus (being controlled by the mechanism) killed stardust and red shift. Firelord was tanked from fighting thru the wave to detonate on the queen.

Tenebrous and Aegis (snuck and) took down Galactus. Thanos Figured the science behind it. The wave built the mech.

But yes, Galactus made them all his b*@•¥€% as punishment.

#8 Posted by Saren (25068 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#10 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

I would go with the Builder fleet. Once they uncloaked they pretty much lol'ed at the combined forces of every space people (Kree, Skrull, Brood, Shi'ar, etc.).

Also, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the Annihilation Wave summoned by Johnny Storm to fight the Kree when they came to Earth for the Inhumans? If my memory is correct, they said that the majority of the Annihilation Wave was being destroyed by the Kree, even with the Inhuman's helping out. Reed had to summon Galactus to destroy the Kree armada because he feared that Earth was going to be destroyed (FF 601 and 602).

#11 Posted by Owie (3950 posts) - - Show Bio

I would go with the Builder fleet. Once they uncloaked they pretty much lol'ed at the combined forces of every space people (Kree, Skrull, Brood, Shi'ar, etc.).

Also, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the Annihilation Wave summoned by Johnny Storm to fight the Kree when they came to Earth for the Inhumans? If my memory is correct, they said that the majority of the Annihilation Wave was being destroyed by the Kree, even with the Inhuman's helping out. Reed had to summon Galactus to destroy the Kree armada because he feared that Earth was going to be destroyed (FF 601 and 602).

You're thinking of a different, later fleet from the Negative Zone. You're right, that particular fleet wasn't all that impressive. But the fleet from the Annihilation event destroyed a fair amount of the forces of most of the empires in the universe. So essentially they did the same LOL as the Builder fleet.

There are a few points of comparison. Neither fleet's ships are immune to beings with enough power. Quasar and Nova Prime, for instance, were both able to take on some of the biggest ships from Annihilation on their own. Hyperion, Thor, and Star Brand (etc) seemed to be able to take on major Builder ships on their own. So individual ships aren't really undefeatable, but they are tough in a group.

The Annihilation fleet trashed the Kree, Skrulls, etc, as did the Builders. (I am tired of the Kree and Skrulls being people's b1tches, by the way.) The Annihilation fleet totally destroyed Xandar. The Builder fleet seemed to destroy Galador. I can't exactly recall which empires, if any, actually submitted to the Annihilation fleet. I think the Kree gave up for a while but Ronan got them to fight again? The Builders got several empires like the Kymellians and Kree to give up. Both fleets are/were portrayed as blasting the hell out of the combined forces of the rest of the galaxy/universe. (I am also tired of writers acting like all these empires are in the same galaxy, when they're not.)

Any other direct comparisons? Obviously we can put this on pause as the series plays out, but I think there's a decent track record or the Builders already.