Anime/ Manga Vs American Comics question?

• 71 results
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Final Arrow

Do you think that it would be reasonable to bring back Anime/Manga Vs Comics and is it something the users want back in the battle forums?

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By progenitorigin

I honestly don't mind it.  It's not the battles that are troublesome, it's the trolls that ruin them.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon

I think that would open up more options for potential battles.  But I think that Manga and Comics are just too different to compare to each other and give an accurate analysis on who would actually win.  I'd say keep them banned, the trolling and flame wars will return. 

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Final Arrow

@progenitor: Thats my problem it was a good idea at the time as we had an influx of trolls, but if I can keep on top of it, I don't see why some users should be punished due to the few. But if the viners say no then no!

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Death Certificate
@Final Arrow
IMO Just ban DBZ vs Comic threads, not all anime threads turn to shi*tstorms.
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By PikminMania

I think its fine, but no DBZ vs comic  threads

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chaos Prime

Imo allow Manga ie-Bleach, Bastard, Hokuto no Ken..But DBZ  characters? No imo..

sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By sa5m

Perhaps give it a another chance and if it gets bad again you can always put the ban back on =)

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Death Certificate said:
@Final Arrow: IMO Just ban DBZ vs Comic threads, not all anime threads turn to shi*tstorms.
@PikminMania said:
I think its fine, but no DBZ vs comic  threads
I concur. 
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Final Arrow

I'll wait to see what a few others say.

But from what most of you are saying is that Anime/Manga is fine but keep DBZ vs Comic's out of the battle forums! Which i can agree with.

Avatar image for legendary_bushido_brown
Legendary_Bushido_Brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're gonna bring it back you might as well allow all of it. There are reasonable and unreasonable debaters in all forms. No reason to focus purely on Dbz in my opinion.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chaos Prime
@Final Arrow said:

But from what most of you are saying is that Anime/Manga is fine but keep DBZ vs Comic's out of the battle forums! Which i can agree with.

Imo the majority of the trolls were involved in the DBZ debates.It seems they had some hidden club they would talk tactics first..I just keeped well away from them because it was the same group that were just trolling imo..
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Legendary_Bushido_Brown said:
If you're gonna bring it back you might as well allow all of it. There are reasonable and unreasonable debaters in all forms. No reason to focus purely on Dbz in my opinion.
True, although DBZ vs comic threads flame wars are very common. Pretty much every thread that consist of the two ends in one. Cause you have people spouting out opinions or what they believe is facts but can't back them, which leads to arguments and then leads to trolling. 
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Final Arrow

I do think if it is to be brought back, it will have to be a full unban, then if issues spur from that we can look at whats causing the problems!

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Final Arrow said:

I do think if it is to be brought back, it will have to be a full unban, then if issues spur from that we can look at whats causing the problems!

Trolls, thats whats causing the problem. Simple as that. lol 
Legendary_Bushido_Brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OmegaDynasty said:
True, although DBZ vs comic threads flame wars are very common. Pretty much every thread that consist of the two ends in one. Cause you have people spouting out opinions or what they believe is facts but can't back them, which leads to arguments and then leads to trolling. 
I agree they are common, but no more so then Superman vs Thor, or Storm vs whoever, and several other flammable characters. Either way I'm not taking a hardline stance it just seems somewhat arbitrary to allow Manga vs Comics again with the exception of one series.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@OmegaDynasty said:
I agree they are common, but no more so then Superman vs Thor, or Storm vs whoever, and several other flammable characters. Either way I'm not taking a hardline stance it just seems somewhat arbitrary to allow Manga vs Comics again with the exception of one series.
Well, like FinalArrow said should if it's to be brought back, bring it all back if DBZ or any other anime/manga is causing the most problems then just ban that. If that doesn't work then go back to the full ban. 
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Final Arrow

@OmegaDynasty: I know, trust me, but at the same time a troll only gets a full effect if we play their game!

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Final Arrow said:

@OmegaDynasty: I know, trust me, but at the same time a troll only gets a full effect if we play their game!

True, reminds me of this.  

Legendary_Bushido_Brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OmegaDynasty said:
@OmegaDynasty said:
Well, like FinalArrow said should if it's to be brought back, bring it all back if DBZ or any other anime/manga is causing the most problems then just ban that. If that doesn't work then go back to the full ban. 
That works too. Although I'm more of the opinion that its the overall genre vs genre that spurs the problem as fans are extremely dedicated to one or the other but seldom both (there are exceptions). Either way, should be fun to watch.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Final Arrow

@Legendary_Bushido_Brown: i'm one of the exceptions :D.

Anyway I am going to see what a couple of the other mods think as well, but I will be taking all these comments in mind as well.

Legendary_Bushido_Brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Final Arrow said:

Yeah but you cant debate with ish so its a lost cause ;P
alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By alcoholbob
@Final Arrow said:

Why don't you just ban anime debates? As in you can bring up manga (including Dragonball) but have to prove statements with on-panel feats. Most of the people flaming are people bringing up Dragonball Z, the horrid anime, but I don't see how using the manga should be an issue.

In other words, battle threads with Dragonball have to be limited to manga character/feats only. Movies and the anime have to be discussed elsewhere, aka movie characters or anime feats.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chaos Prime
@Final Arrow said:

Lets have a demoncratic vote here? POLL
Yes or No to DBZ Characters being in the battle forum..
Darkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Darkerman

Sure why not ;).

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Final Arrow

@Chaos Prime: I think it has it's place in the battle forums seeing as we have it in the wiki pages! It just seems a more interesting way for the battles to grow.

@alcoholbob: Because some times we allow battles with Animated comic characters, I think the best way to do it is for the OP to stress which media they are using.

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By alcoholbob
@Chaos Prime said:

@Final Arrow said:

Lets have a demoncratic vote here? POLLYes or No to DBZ Characters being in the battle forum..
YES to Dragonball (Manga).

NO to DBZ (Anime).
alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By alcoholbob
@Final Arrow said:

@Chaos Prime: I think it has it's place in the battle forums seeing as we have it in the wiki pages! It just seems a more interesting way for the battles to grow.

@alcoholbob: Because some times we allow battles with Animated comic characters, I think the best way to do it is for the OP to stress which media they are using.

So how about the rules merely to be amended to animated versus animated characters only, and print comic versus print comic? I see this being more fair.

And topics that violate this should automatically be locked.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Final Arrow

Well I am off for the night (UK) so will leave this open overnight to see what people are thinking in the morning.

Darkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Darkerman

It would be great to have anime/manga vs comic character battles again..

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SilverGalford
@progenitor said:

I honestly don't mind it.  It's not the battles that are troublesome, it's the trolls that ruin them.

this . 

i have seen comments like these ones :  

"haruhi suzumiya can beat galactus"  
"goku can beat the living tribunal" 
"seiya can beat thanos with the IG"  
 "broly his power is maximum" .  
"Lord of nightmares is at the presence and TOAA level"  

after watching these things  i want to say :   

listen at   0:36 
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Chaos Prime

Bump

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

i would like to see manga/anime vs comics brought back i think every thindg deserves a second chance if somebody starts flaming baned them not manga.

Bucketz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bucketz

Its hard to think of original battles nowadays. I think they should put anime vs comics again. It opens alot more options..

Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Warcry80

I think the battles should be done in reason and equality. Trolls ruin the fights out of sheer, hatred for the other, and would make Spite match ups to simply get everyone riled up and at eachothers throats! We all know that even in the comic book universe, stronger opponents have the possibility of losing battles. It's all a matter of the opponent, using their abilities, better and smarter, than the stronger person. IE Cannonball vs Gladiator., Spiderman vs Rhino.

I'd love to see them come back, but to be screened by Mods, to see if the fight is clever, and equal in some way. Example : The Battle that starts more wars than any other. Goku vs Superman. Instead of Goku vs Several versions of Superman, based of the fact that Some Superman fans tend to give feats from, pre crises, All Star and other versions.

It should be Goku ( Manga) or (Animated) vs Superman ( JLU)  etc etc!  Or Animated Vegeta vs Animated Thor, see what i'm getting at?

Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Warcry80
@Final Arrow said:

I personally don't really follow any other manga's and anime, otherthan DBZ and Bleach, and i'd like to see all anime be allowed, being that DBZ powers tend to be closer and similar in certain areas, and ways to comics.  

I say bring them back, but screen the heck out of them!

doomsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By doomsummers
@Final Arrow: It would be better if someone messaged a moderator about a battle they were going to post. The moderator would have to approve in order for the battle to be posted.
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By HolySerpent

they should kept separated. dbz mixing up with marvel and dc is just a No

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By MrDirector786

I think just DBZ vs comics should be banned, not all anime/manga vs comics.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By katanalauncher

I'm pro anime battle threads, a little flame doesn't hurt anyone. 
If anything you can weed out the flamers and the trolls.

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

I say bring it back!!!!! It would make it easier for coming up with new battles. Seriously I think it was dumb in the first place to ban it.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Mr. Dead Pool said:
I say bring it back!!!!! It would make it easier for coming up with new battles. Seriously I think it was dumb in the first place to ban it.
Were you around when those DBZ threads starting to get out of control?
Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
@texasdeathmatch said:

Were you around when those DBZ threads starting to get out of control?
Yes. But there were also good match ups. I wanna see Soul Reapers VS Green Lanterns. I wanna see Naruto Ninjas vs X Men. Point is if it's a good fight and it makes sense then we should be able to put up what we want in the battle forum.
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Mr. Dead Pool: I think the point is to avoid cluttering the Battle Forums page with ridiculous threads of SSJ4 Goku versus Galactus especially when the people writing in them are simply DBZ fans who won't listen to any practical reason.
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Bring it back as a test Gambler....... Maybe for a week. See how it goes.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#46  Edited By Nerx

Whoa whoa whoa, didn't the mods ban this kind of thing in Comicvine a while ago?

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Nerx: and Mod is now trying to resurrect it
Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
@texasdeathmatch: Yes I know how crazy it can get. I'm an anime fan. I like Bleach, DBZ, Naruto, and Trigun. But I'm not a mega fanboy that can't be reasoned with, and I know a lot of other people who are like that. We just want to be able to do the match ups we want. And yes I'm aware I can do it on Anime Vice but what if I want to use a comic character that wasn't very mainstream? I went on anime vice and made a Alucard VS The Darkness thread, and guess what? NO ONE KNEW WHO DARKNESS IS!!!! You know why? Because Anime Vice is new and is for anime/manga fans. Comic Vine has been around longer and has equal comic and manga fans because of it, and as a result equal manga and comic wiki pages!!!
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Mr. Dead Pool: Oh yeah, I wouldn't say I'm a huge Anime fan but I'm pretty familiar with a lot of the shows. Huge fan of Samurai Champloo and Full Metal, but yeah the Vine USED to have awesome debaters...recently, I'm not so sure.
Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
@texasdeathmatch: Well when something gets popular like the Vine has it attracts people who are just out to troll.