• 52 results
#1 Posted by fatman10000 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

each character has his personality and thinks the other is a villain and want to pin the other

remember that they are jobbers and weaker versions of their comic counterparts

who can 'job' the other

#2 Edited by cattlebattle (12669 posts) - - Show Bio

this has been done before I think...

Thor wins, I'd wager , Supes was constantly injured by magic and electricity in the series he appeared in, Thor carries those things in spades.

People are going to argue the "Superman cuts loose" factor from "Destroyer" but thats BS, Bruce Timm was just doing a service for all the fans that complained about Superman being to weak. He was never consistently that strong

#3 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3508 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
this has been done before I think...  Thor wins, I'd wager , Supes was constantly injured by magic and electricity in the series he appeared in, Thor carries those things in spades.  People are going to argue the "Superman cuts loose" factor from "Destroyer" but thats BS, Bruce Timm was just doing a service for all the fans that complained about Superman being to weak. He was never consistently that strong

I agree that the animated version of Thor would win for most of the same reasons.
#4 Posted by Scarbearer (726 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that's fair.  I very much enjoyed the DCAU shows, I like them enough that I like to pretend they exist in their own 'alternate earth' that somehow got 'missed' in the Crisis that consolidated them all.  That said I think Superman was clearly portrayed as weaker than his comic counterpart.  Mainly because it made it easier for them to write credible conflicts from week to week.

#5 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
this has been done before I think...  Thor wins, I'd wager , Supes was constantly injured by magic and electricity in the series he appeared in, Thor carries those things in spades.  People are going to argue the "Superman cuts loose" factor from "Destroyer" but thats BS, Bruce Timm was just doing a service for all the fans that complained about Superman being to weak. He was never consistently that strong
Yeah it has.  
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/superman-dc-animated-vs-thor-marvel-animated/560703/
#6 Posted by progenitor (7534 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on showings in the movies, i'd have to root for animated Thor.
#7 Edited by MutenRoshi (851 posts) - - Show Bio

The previous thread done before was not this way

The old thread was not the same
It was 'jobber Thor' from HulkvsThor 

TWICE THE JOBBERS 
against animated Supes 

This is sounds like t could be Earth's Mightiest Heroes Thor vs Animated Superman  

Weaker than Thor in comics but this guy is still a top tier beast 
there is a difference
#8 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends...

EMH Thor: Thor wins 
"Hulk vs Thor" Thor: Supes wins

#9 Posted by The Stegman (23750 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming this is Earth's Mightiest Heroes Thor vs JLA/JLU Superman, I'm giving it to Superman after a very good fight.

#10 Posted by Shawnbaby (10584 posts) - - Show Bio

EMH Thor.

#11 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins.

m99

#12 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

EMH Thor.

lol

#13 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated Superman is weaker and slower, he needs a mask to breath in space

Earth's Mightiest Heroes Thor got this, he's very fast and in the opening few episodes he showed the ability to lift a chunk of Manhattan, soak a City Buster from Kang's ship, went Godblasting a City Buster in his fight with Graviton, soak damage from Odinforce Loki and can BFR people to other realms

JL Superman would beat any other toon version of Thor

but EMH Thor, even holding back is still a beast

#14 Posted by The Stegman (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hoboseid:  @Shawnbaby

Superman beating Captain Marvel despite him being powered by Magic 

Superman beating Mongul to a pulp despite the fact that a heavily Armed Wonder Woman couldn't 

Superman beating Darkseid even though Orion ( a New God) couldn't 

Superman punching Darkseid hundreds of feet then speed blitzing past him to knock him back down. 

Superman easily beating Grundy 

Superman beating Captain Atom despite the fact that he was being weakened by Red sun raidation 

#15 Posted by Shawnbaby (10584 posts) - - Show Bio
@jameshebrew said:

@Shawnbaby said:

EMH Thor.

lol

He's got better showings. 
#16 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: hahahaha

#17 Posted by Shawnbaby (10584 posts) - - Show Bio
@jameshebrew said:

@Shawnbaby: hahahaha

Whatever...I'm tired of you constantly trying to start fights with me
#18 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: what ever helps u sleep at night

#19 Posted by Shawnbaby (10584 posts) - - Show Bio
@jameshebrew said:

@Shawnbaby: what ever helps u sleep at night

Find someone else to troll
#20 Posted by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman fighting at his very best may be too fast for Thor. He was doing pretty well against Amazo when the android had the Flash's speed. However, he doesn't always use his speed properly and his powers fluctuated too much throughout the show's run to make an accurate judgement. If Superman uses his speed in this fight, he can beat Thor. If he forgets that he has superspeed like he sometimes does, Thor wins.

#21 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: when u admit your marvel bias i will

#22 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoboseid said:

Animated Superman is weaker and slower, he needs a mask to breath in space

Earth's Mightiest Heroes Thor got this, he's very fast and in the opening few episodes he showed the ability to lift a chunk of Manhattan, soak a City Buster from Kang's ship, went Godblasting a City Buster in his fight with Graviton, soak damage from Odinforce Loki and can BFR people to other realms

JL Superman would beat any other toon version of Thor

but EMH Thor, even holding back is still a beast

Some things wrong with this post.

1) Thor needed a breathing apparatus, too.

Not sure why either one of them can't breathe in space, anyway. The fight isn't even out there.

2) He didn't lift a chuck of Manhattan. When the city was no longer supported by gravity, Thor used his strength to slow its descent (although it didn't appear to fall any slower). Barely a showing of strength there, and even then, there's nothing impressive about it.

#23 Posted by Shawnbaby (10584 posts) - - Show Bio
@jameshebrew said:

@Shawnbaby: when u admit your marvel bias i will

My voting record is less biased than yours. And this is bordering on harassment now.
#24 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameshebrew: Leave him alone.

#25 Posted by The Stegman (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock:  

2) He didn't  lift a chuck of Manhattan. When the city was no longer supported by gravity, Thor used his strength to slow its descent (although it didn't appear to fall any slower). Barely a showing of strength there, and even then, there's nothing impressive about it.

Finally, someone clears it up! thank you Static Shock, thank you.
#26 Posted by jameshebrew (763 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: ive admitted mine..at least i can do that

anyway see u on the boards ill be anxious to catch up with ya latter

#27 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Hoboseid:

Superman beating Captain Marvel ....
..Superman beating ...
..Superman beating ........

It doesn't matter

Everyone of these characters are no names, weaker cardboard cutouts of DC names. They are not the real DC comics characters but jobbers compared to the real DC comic characters

Thor is ridiculously fast in EMH, he's not getting blitzed PERIOD

Darkseid jobbers in the toon and 99% of the time Grundy is a total joke

It took a CityBusting Blast to knock Thor out for a count, nobody in the JL toon showed City Busting power

Even Antman lifted an oil Tanker and by doing so showed more strength than toon Superman

toon Superman's strength is close to comic book Thing/Namor/Powerman

CapMarvel (Billy) is a joke in the toon, yes he's a superpowered hero but really he's really naive simple kid, his bolts are pathetic compared to Thor's range of attacks

Thor can do storms, magic, BFR and launch a CityBusting Attack from Mjölnir .

Superman might have soaked some punches from Billy and a few piddles of weak electricity from Adam

but he's not taking a blast from Thor's hammer

The hammer would kill Superman

#28 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Finally, someone clears it up! thank you Static Shock, thank you.

That's like, the second person to misinterpret that 'feat.'

#29 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

It's armor from Stark, not a breathing apparatus Staic

Watch the toon again

Cap, Wasp, Hawkeye etc all had a blueish glass visor in front of their face so they would breath in space

Thor wore the armor but he never wore a space helmet so he could breathe in space

#30 Posted by The Stegman (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hoboseid:  

@The Stegman said:

@Hoboseid

Superman beating Captain Marvel ....
..Superman beating ...
..Superman beating ........

It doesn't matter

Everyone of these characters are no names, weaker cardboard cutouts of DC names. They are not the real DC comics characters but jobbers compared to the real DC comic characters

Thor is ridiculously fast in EMH, he's not getting blitzed PERIOD

Darkseid jobbers in the toon and 99% of the time Grundy is a total joke

It took a CityBusting Blast to knock Thor out for a count, nobody in the JL toon showed City Busting power

Even Antman lifted an oil Tanker and by doing so showed more strength than toon Superman

toon Superman's strength is close to comic book Thing/Namor/Powerman

CapMarvel (Billy) is a joke in the toon, yes he's a superpowered hero but really he's really naive simple kid, his bolts are pathetic compared to Thor's range of attacks

Thor can do storms, magic, BFR and launch a CityBusting Attack from Mjölnir .

Superman might have soaked some punches from Billy and a few piddles of weak electricity from Adam

but he's not taking a blast from Thor's hammer

The hammer would kill Superman 

Are you serious?? Captain Marvel and Darkseid, Cap Atom are ALL established and powerful characters, and you know it. Thor is fast, Superman is faster 
If you're referring to the city buster blast that Kang hit him with, yeah, it knocked Thor out for like a few days, Superman was hit by a similar blast from the Watchtower, also a city buster and recovered in minutes. 

Darkseid is NOT a jobber in the show, you know it and Grundy casually flings tanks and crushes buildings 

You're trying to belittle the characters in JLA to make Superman look weak, when the fact is Cap Marvel has the wisdom and fighting experience of gods, Cap Atom was a trained military soldier, Darkseid was a GOD like Thor, and Superman beat them all. Superman is faster, arguably stronger, and more durable than Thor.
#31 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry the Stark breathing mask for space travel was a yellow glass visor

notice in this pic how Thor is the only one who doesn't need to breath in space

#32 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoboseid said:

Watch the toon again

Maybe you should watch the episode. He clearly has a helmet on his head. At the same time, Thor was put in a coma by that city-busting attack (so much for his durability), so he was out of commission for rest of the episode. He never went into outer space with the rest of the team, so how can you be certain that can breathe (or doesn't need to breathe) in space if you've never seen him do it?

#33 Edited by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

Thor was put in a coma by that city-busting attack (so much for his durability)

Static

Have you never watched the Justice League cartoon?? Superman has been put in a coma by rayguns, magic spells and punches from people on the strength levels of Powerman/Aquaman/Thing.

So much for his durability

@Static Shock said:

@Hoboseid said:

Watch the toon again

Maybe you should watch the episode. He clearly has a helmet on his head....>>

how can you be certain that can breathe (or doesn't need to breathe) in space if you've never seen him do it?

.look at the pic I posted above

Now YOU'VE SEEN HIM BREATH IN SPACE

#34 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoboseid said:

Static

Have you never watched the Justice League cartoon?? Superman has been put in a coma by rayguns, magic spells and punches from people on the strength levels of Powerman/Aquaman/Thing.

Thor was also KO'ed by Graviton for a little while. What's your point? Both characters obviously have varying levels of durability. Even Captain America (when the team first found him) put subtle amounts of physical damage on Thor with his martial arts skills. Would you like for me to go on?

I'm not sure how you can compare Luke Cage to Aquaman (who's Class 100+ when wet) and Thing (who's obviously Class 100+, too).

@Hoboseid said:

.look at the pic I posted above

Now YOU'VE SEEN HIM BREATH IN SPACE

Again, go back and watch the episode from the beginning.

The picture you posted is when they all board the Quinjet from under the Avengers Mansion. You haven't seen him breathe in space. Would you like me to post the episode for you?

#35 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Cap Atom was a trained military soldier

While Captain Atom was powerful, his training in the military doesn't amount to much. He had no display of skill, and Superman was able to fight him, regardless of the experience and/or skill gap between the both of them.

#36 Posted by The Stegman (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: I know, but the way he was making it out, he was claiming that all the opponents Superman fought were push overs, when they really weren't
#37 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Agreed.

#38 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Are you serious?? Captain Marvel and Darkseid, Cap Atom are ALL established and powerful characters, and you know it.

.They are still much, much weaker then their comic book versions

like i said Superman gets regularly Ko'ed by rayguns in the toon or taken out by magic spells

animated Darkised is a joke compared to the NewGods Kiby wrote in the 1970s

@The Stegman said:

If you're referring to the city buster blast that Kang hit him with, yeah, it knocked Thor out for like a few days, Superman was hit by a similar blast from the Watchtower, also a city buster and recovered in minutes.

Superman didn't take a citybuster,

if i remember the ep you're talking about then Luthor had the watchtower hacked

In launched its fusion beams down on the Kadamuz Laboratory/Warehouses << spelling!??!, this Lab/Village was on the outskirts of Metropolis, it was not a beam aimed to destroy the City of Metropolis

a big Mushroomcloud/Fireball was seen from the city

Luthor then used the incident to do his usual PR thing and say the JL are bad and hundreds of people would have been killed if the beam hit the city

It was not a Citybuster attack, yes it was a damn big blast and Lex used it as a publicity stunt

Thor took a real CityBuster and was Ko'ed

Superman took a raygun and was Ko'ed, took a magic spell and was Ko'ed, a puch from someone on TheThings level and was in a coma

Thor has shown much greater striking power feats and blast power feats in EHM

A lot of time fanboy bias comes into these forums and I agree Superman in the comic has a great chance to blitz comicbook Thor and take Thor out with strikes

but these are the toon versions

and the best way to compare them is feats

EMH Thor has better power and durability feats

If Thor decides to BFR Superman to Asgard or the Frost giant planet then the fight is over

and there is nothing you whiny superrman fanboys can do about it

#39 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

7:52 Hes breathing perfectly fine in space.

#40 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoboseid said:

You're talking about those characters being weaker than their comic book versions as if Thor isn't in the same boat (and if he wasn't, he would have actually lifted that chuck of Manhattan, which was what you falsely claimed earlier).

The characters that Superman fought in the animated shows were some of the most powerful in that continuity. The fact that they are weaker than their comic book versions is irrelevant.

#41 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Still an irrelevant point, regardless. The fight isn't out there. I said this, earlier.

#42 Posted by The Stegman (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hoboseid:  

@The Stegman said:

Are you serious?? Captain Marvel and Darkseid, Cap Atom are ALL established and powerful characters, and you know it.

like i said Superman gets regularly Ko'ed by rayguns in the toon or taken out by magic spells

animated Darkised is a joke compared to the NewGods Kiby wrote in the 1970s 

So what if they're weaker? like you said, this is a battle of animated characters, thus we use their animated feats, and in the JLU they are still very powerful opponents and Superman beat them despite being handicapped for some, i.e, Marvel's magic and Atom's red sun rays. Thor gets regularly tossed around by giant blob monsters, creatures like Abomination and fell prey to magic as well via Enchantress.  
WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT COMIC DARKSEID BUT HIS FEATS IN THE SHOW! which were still impressive. 

@The Stegman said:

Superman didn't take a citybuster,

if i remember the ep you're talking about then Luthor had the watchtower hacked

In launched its fusion beams down on the Kadamuz Laboratory/Warehouses << spelling!??!, this Lab/Village was on the outskirts of Metropolis, it was not a beam aimed to destroy the City of Metropolis

a big Mushroomcloud/Fireball was seen from the city

Luthor then used the incident to do his usual PR thing and say the JL are bad and hundreds of people would have been killed if the beam hit the city

It was not a Citybuster attack, yes it was a damn big blast and Lex used it as a publicity stunt

Thor took a real CityBuster and was Ko'ed

Superman took a raygun and was Ko'ed, took a magic spell and was Ko'ed, a puch from someone on TheThings level and was in a coma

Thor has shown much greater striking power feats and blast power feats in EHM

A lot of time fanboy bias comes into these forums and I agree Superman in the comic has a great chance to blitz comicbook Thor and take Thor out with strikes

but these are the toon versions

and the best way to compare them is feats

EMH Thor has better power and durability feats

If Thor decides to BFR Superman to Asgard or the Frost giant planet then the fight is over

and there is nothing you whiny superrman fanboys can do about it

The watchtower blast was a city buster, even though it hit the Cadmus base, it STILL completely destroyed the city next to it, which is an even more impressive feat seeing as how it wasn't aiming for the city. Superman took it and was knocked out for a few minutes, while Thor's citybuster blast attack knocked him out for days. As well as him taking on Darkseid's Omega beams which destroy matter, and survives them.

When was superman ever ko'ed by laser or  a punch from someone on "Thing's level" which is impossible to gauge anyway considering their from two different types of media? 

Superman has better speed feats, has had more fighting feats, has showed better durability, and is just as strong as Thor if not stronger. 

You can call me a Superman fanboy all you want, (which I could easily just call you a Thor fanboy) which only shows your immaturity level, but the fact is, Superman has demonstrated better feats.
#43 Edited by The Stegman (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001:  @Static Shock

@1:57 so does Superman 

#44 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

You're talking about those characters being weaker than their comic book versions as if Thor isn't in the same boat (and if he wasn't, he would have actually lifted that chuck of Manhattan, which was what you falsely claimed earlier).

I not sure about the Manhattan thing, I think its open to debate and I agree you might be correct and I might be wrong so

I'll have to go back and watch the episode again

EHM Thor in my opinion is pretty close to the levels of 90s Thor or Ultimates Thor

He does have better speed feats than comic Thor

Thor in Marvelcomicbooks has shown much greater blast power etc but Thor in Marvel comics has very few speed feats, he showed something like 10 speed feats in the past 60 years of continuity. That's kinda lame and that's why people can argue comic Thor has crap speed

EMH Thor shows lots and lots of speed feats

he's not slow like Grundy he's insanely fast and he's not getting blitzed period, I feel I'm right about his lifting power but agree I may be wrong about lifting Manhattan....not sure

but Static I am sure you are wrong about the 'breathing apparatus'

EMH cartoon Thor does not need to breath in space

and Earth's Mightiest Heroes Thor does have better durability and better blast power than cartoon Superman

#45 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

The watchtower blast was a city buster, even though it hit the Cadmus base, it STILL completely destroyed the city next to it, which is an even more impressive feat seeing as how it wasn't aiming for the city. Superman took it and was knocked out for a few minutes

To be fair, it didn't destroy the whole city.

From the Flashpoint episode.

@The Stegman said:

creatures like Abomination

In the Gamma World episodes, Thor floored Abomination in one punch, but nor before take a few hits.

#46 Posted by The Stegman (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: It didn't destroy the whole city cause it was a concentrated blast not targeting the city, but rather the Cadmus base, the fact that it's aftershock was enough to heavily destroy a city is proof of it's power.
#47 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoboseid said:

EHM Thor in my opinion is pretty close to the levels of 90s Thor or Ultimates Thor

He's not, and that's just counting Classic Thor in general, before he acquired the Odin Force. Ultimate Thor is a completely different matter, since EMH Thor is loosely based on 616 Thor.

@Hoboseid said:

he's not slow like Grundy he's insanely fast and he's not getting blitzed period, I feel I'm right about his lifting power but agree I may be wrong about lifting Manhattan....not sure

The thing is, you were wrong, and all it takes is a simple Youtube look up to find the episode and watch it.

@Hoboseid said:

but Static I am sure you are wrong about the 'breathing apparatus'

EMH cartoon Thor does not need to breath in space

Never mind the 'breathing apparatus.' Despite the fact that I was wrong, it's irrelevant. The fight isn't in space, and besides, Superman has had some showings of not needed a breathing apparatus in Justice League Unlimited, when he tried to stop the Watchtower from firing on Cadmus.

#48 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Static Shock: It didn't destroy the whole city cause it was a concentrated blast not targeting the city, but rather the Cadmus base, the fact that it's aftershock was enough to heavily destroy a city is proof of it's power.

The base was in the heart of the city, though. If the blast as powerful as you say, it would have laid waste to the whole city.

#49 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11975 posts) - - Show Bio

So....yeah I guess I can still say speed blitz right? If we are using cartoon superman does this only mean the JLU version or movie versions from Superman/Doomsday, Public Enemies, Apocolypse and/or JL: Doom. If so, I would like to present speed blitz (the kind he did to Darkseid at the end of Apocolypse, or when he blitzed Luthor's super team and got out of there in Public Enemies) as a viable option on his behalf. If not then he might lose 4/10 due to his reaction time not being as great as usual most of the time when he needs it against a magic user even though he recovered from Capt. Marvel each time (unless morals are off in which case he blitzes either way "world of cardboard" style).

#50 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Animated Thor Wins