• 51 results
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Saren

This is pre-52 Animal Man, so he can only use the attributes of animals from Earth. No energy projection either. Post-52 feats are allowed as long as they don't include alien animals. Regular morals for everyone, but if any combatant takes serious damage they will switch to bloodlusted. Fight takes place in a forest. Win by death or KO. Wolverine and X-23 know who Animal Man is and what his powers are, and they have 30 minutes to go over combat strategy. Animal Man only knows that they have claws that can cut through him.

Animal Man
 Animal Man

X-23 and Wolverine
X-23 and Wolverine
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheBatman586

If it's only Earth animals he's allowed, I'd say the team takes this.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Saren
@TheBatman586 said:
Consider this: he can give himself speed and strength exceeding Spider-Man's, and Spidey is faster than both Logan and Laura.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By difficlus

Think Animal Man got this.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Saren
@TheBatman586@difficlus: What is your reasoning?
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Never really read up on animal man. You said only animals on earth. Does that mean present day or has he ever been able to access the strength, and speeds of dinosaurs and other pre-historic earth animals?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Saren
@OmegaDynasty said:
Never really read up on animal man. You said only animals on earth. Does that mean present day or has he ever been able to access the strength, and speeds of dinosaurs and other pre-historic earth animals?
Mostly present day only. The only time he was able to access extinct animals, as far as I know, was when he was turned into a Black Lantern.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@TheBatman586 said:

This.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daak1212

@CitizenBane said:

@TheBatman586 said:
Consider this: he can give himself speed and strength exceeding Spider-Man's, and Spidey is faster than both Logan and Laura.

Hercules Beetle?

Wait what animal is faster than Spiderman? Fastest Animal is a cheetah and spidey is faster than that.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Saren
@daak1212 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@TheBatman586 said:

Hercules Beetle?

Wait what animal is faster than Spiderman? Fastest Animal is a cheetah and spidey is faster than that.

I meant in terms of running. And he can give himself Spiderman's powers easily. And yeah, he can access any Earth animal.
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Phylos

so animal man is basically a male vixen right?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Saren
@Phylos said:
Vixen can only take one power at a time.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Saren

For those who don't know, here are some of the things Animal Man can mimic: 

The proportionate strength of an ant/spider, the self-reproduction abilities of protozoa, the flight of any bird, the reflexes of a fly/spider, the camouflage of a chameleon (this is a forest, remember), the agility and proportionate jumping abilities of a flea, the electricity of an eel, etc.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Phylos
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:

oh & he can do multiples? 
well with that being said, wouldnt animal man take this rather easily?
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Phylos said:
Actually somebody in the comics told Vixen that she was just a copy cat of Animal Man. Lol
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Saren
@Phylos said:
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:
oh & he can do multiples? well with that being said, wouldnt animal man take this rather easily?
I was counting on Logan and Laura's senses, healing and powers to balance it out.
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Well even if they managed to get him with their pig stickers.  

Animal Man: * Use powers electric eels* lol

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Phylos
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:
oh & he can do multiples? well with that being said, wouldnt animal man take this rather easily?
I was counting on Logan and Laura's senses, healing and powers to balance it out.

with what you described a few comments ago, animal man is pretty much logan & laura put together, and then some. his healing would outclass both of theres. the possibilities are endless, even with the limit of present earth animals.  
question though, could he give himself the ferocity & predatory like characteristics of animals? 
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Saren
@Phylos said:
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:
with what you described a few comments ago, animal man is pretty much logan & laura put together, and then some. his healing would outclass both of theres. the possibilities are endless, even with the limit of present earth animals.  question though, could he give himself the ferocity & predatory like characteristics of animals? 
His healing wouldn't, it's not as fast as their's. And yeah, I believe he once gave himself the rage of a bear or something like that.
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Phylos
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:
with what you described a few comments ago, animal man is pretty much logan & laura put together, and then some. his healing would outclass both of theres. the possibilities are endless, even with the limit of present earth animals.  question though, could he give himself the ferocity & predatory like characteristics of animals? 
His healing wouldn't, it's not as fast as their's. And yeah, I believe he once gave himself the rage of a bear or something like that.

are you sure? well if not, he could always hide & regenerate, even with the high senses of the team, im sure he'd be able to mask it with pheromones.  
great thread by the way.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By whacknasty

@CitizenBane said:

For those who don't know, here are some of the things Animal Man can mimic: The proportionate strength of an ant/spider, the self-reproduction abilities of protozoa, the flight of any bird, the reflexes of a fly/spider, the camouflage of a chameleon (this is a forest, remember), the agility and proportionate jumping abilities of a flea, the electricity of an eel, etc.

Wow...that should make him a top tier meta, right? I feel bad for not really taking notice of him before...lol.

Has he done the reproduction thing before on panel enough to make it an option here?

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Makes me wonder if he could get Gorilla Grods powers seeing how he is a Gorilla.  
Don't know if they ever had a run in before.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Saren
@Phylos said:
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:
are you sure? well if not, he could always hide & regenerate, even with the high senses of the team, im sure he'd be able to mask it with pheromones.  great thread by the way.
Yeah. He can heal pretty well, even limbs and stuff, but not as quickly as they can. And thanks.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saren
@OmegaDynasty said:
Makes me wonder if he could get Gorilla Grods powers seeing how he is a Gorilla.  Don't know if they ever had a run in before.
Vixen has copied Grodd's telepathy before. 

@whacknasty said:

@CitizenBane said:

For those who don't know, here are some of the things Animal Man can mimic: The proportionate strength of an ant/spider, the self-reproduction abilities of protozoa, the flight of any bird, the reflexes of a fly/spider, the camouflage of a chameleon (this is a forest, remember), the agility and proportionate jumping abilities of a flea, the electricity of an eel, etc.

Wow...that should make him a top tier meta, right? I feel bad for not really taking notice of him before...lol.

Has he done the reproduction thing before on panel enough to make it an option here?

He's a Vertigo character, they're not as popular as they should be :( 
But he's now in the new 52, so hopefully characters like him and Swamp Thing will get much more attention. 
And to answer your question, not often enough, I guess.
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#25  Edited By Outside_85
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:
She has actually done mutiples, it was in a story where she was facing a sorcerer of somekind that was mind controlling Wildcat. In that story she took the hearing (or sight) of a blind/deaf cave fish and the senses of something else...unfortunately I saw that scan in another battle.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Saren
@Outside_85 said:
@CitizenBane said:
@Phylos said:
She has actually done mutiples, it was in a story where she was facing a sorcerer of somekind that was mind controlling Wildcat. In that story she took the hearing (or sight) of a blind/deaf cave fish and the senses of something else...unfortunately I saw that scan in another battle.
Forgot about that. Yeah, she took the bioluminescence of a hatchetfish and the hearing antenna of an angler fish, I think. Animal Man's been doing it for decades before her, though, and with more offensive capabilities.                                                                                             

dawsey28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dawsey28

Cheetah is the fastest land animal. The Peregrine Falcon has speeds of 325 km/h (about 200 mph). I believe that is in diving flight speeds, though. If Animal Man flew in the air, dove at that speed and used the momentum plus a punch with the strength of an Elephant, Dinosaur, or Rhinoceros Beetle, he could knock them for a loop. (Unless they dodge it.)

Animal Man used the invulnerability of a stegosaurus and rhino while working as a stuntman. I believe he can use extinct animals as well. (May not count for this particular fight, but I think he can do it.)

No Caption Provided

Animal Man used an ant to run 75mph.

No Caption Provided

Vixen (while she is not Animal Man, she has similar powers) used the speed of a mantis shrimp to catch a bullet.

If Animal Man got creative with his powers, he could possibly win. He could use the reproduction abilities of protozoa

No Caption Provided

I am not sure how powerful his clones are, though. He could also use the loudness of the snapping effect of a of a pistol shrimp to create a sonic blast to possibly stun them. (This idea may not work).

No Caption Provided

He has healing capabilities too. Salamander, worm, starfish. Damage soak of cockroach, Abalone snail or Armored Beetle.

His powers are actually pretty crazy. Even when it is just earth creatures. Like I said, if he got creative with his powers, he could pull out a win.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Saren
@dawsey28: Thanks, great scans!
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Phylos

if i didnt know any better, this battle was starting to turn into an animal man respect thread haha.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By whacknasty

@CitizenBane: Cool. I was just looking for a flawless victory situation. Like him making a ridiculous number of clones all using varying abilities at once.

I think he can take them team though without the dupes. Just seeing how much trouble Spidey can give Wolverine, Animal man using more exotic animal combos than just the spider should be enough for at least a ko.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Phylos
@whacknasty said:

@CitizenBane: Cool. I was just looking for a flawless victory situation. Like him making a ridiculous number of clones all using varying abilities at once.

I think he can take them team though without the dupes. Just seeing how much trouble Spidey can give Wolverine, Animal man using more exotic animal combos than just the spider should be enough for at least a ko.

i agree, but also. 
when it comes to characters with healing factors like logan & laura, is there a point when it starts to tire & slow down? like recieving too much damage and what not. im aware that logan has been scorched to the bone but it wasnt done constantly. im  thinking along the lines of lethal venom, being constantly put into there body, so again, is there a point to where it becomes to much to heal immediately?
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By daak1212

Animal man has way to many things at his disposal while X and Logan are just experienced. Granted X did kinda get fucked up by a Bear in Target X but she did kill it in a one shot and did better than Logan on the test.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Billy Batson

Animal Man.
BB

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By daak1212

@whacknasty said:

@CitizenBane said:

Yeah he is kinda a cosmic level bad ass.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By daak1212

This really is Animal man vs Wolverine cause Laura with no metal bones makes her a no factor here.

Animal man can just take chameleon invisabilty, speed of cheetah, weight of elephant, strength of Rinobeetle, and electricty of eel and just run over everyone

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Saren

bump

kajitatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kajitatsu

Animal Man can do a lot more: Pheromones, Flight, Speed, Strength, Camouflage, Enhanced Senses, Durability (Surviving extreme environments) and the list goes on. Animal Man could be a misnomer, if he can even imitate single celled organisms, he could infect others with bacteria or something crazy like that.

Avatar image for maxwell_lord_the_fourth
Maxwell Lord the fourth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animal Man takes this one;without too much effort...He has just too many options.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By Static Shock
@daak1212 said:

Animal man has way to many things at his disposal while X and Logan are just experienced. Granted X did kinda get fucked up by a Bear in Target X but she did kill it in a one shot and did better than Logan on the test.

Profanity is a no-no. You've been warned.
Avatar image for maxwell_lord_the_fourth
Maxwell Lord the fourth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:
Well yes his healing is not as fast as theirs...When he uses the healing abilities of ONE animal;but I am pretty sure that if he combined two of them;say earthworm and Salamander;his healing would be at least as fast as their's.
dawsey28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dawsey28

Animal Man

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheBatman586 said:

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By Killemall

flight and speed of a hayabusa and power of a blue whale :) both gets one shotted

(dont know if thats possible though)

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By Kallarkz

Nice thread. And for the post above he is able to at least take on the weight of any animal so it would be pretty epic. For him to jump up and take the weight of a blue whale and slam into them

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By PikminMania

Animal Man wins.

Dung Beetle Strength: 85 tons

Whale Shark Skin: Basically bullet proof

Spider: Webs

Peregrine Falcon: 202 MPH speed (while flying)

Cheetah: 70 MPH

Shark: Sense of humor

Box Jellyfish: Poison, their sting will most likely kill you before you can reach shore.

Dolphin: Sound Waves

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@PikminMania said:

Animal Man wins.

Dung Beetle Strength: 85 tons

Whale Shark Skin: Basically bullet proof

Spider: Webs

Peregrine Falcon: 202 MPH speed (while flying)

Cheetah: 70 MPH

Shark: Sense of humor

Box Jellyfish: Poison, their sting will most likely kill you before you can reach shore.

Dolphin: Sound Waves

This.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jeanroygrant

@TheBatman586 said:

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#48  Edited By Strider1992

How many animals is he allowed to use at one time? If he can use an unlimited amount i'd say this was almost a stomp in his favor seeing all the abilities he could get.

Mantis Shrimp: can strike its prey with the force of a .22 caliber bullet (I wonder what kind of strength that would be on a human scale)

Axolotl (small newt like animal): can regrow nearly any organ or body part including its heart

Inland Taipan/Firece snake: can potentially kill a man within 45 minutes.

Moth: I know it may seem like a stupid choice but some male moths can secrete a pheromone to literally make another moth fall in love with them (X-23 and Animal man!? thank god that'll never happen)

Bats: Sonar

Spider: webs at a human scale are considered to be 5x stronger than steel. The Darwins Bark Spider is the king of all web spinners who's web at a human scale is considered to be 25x stronger than steel

Iron Clad Beatles: Look these little blighters up, you can literally tread on them and do absolutely no damage. Imagine If some one probably more than 100x you size stepped on you. That's one tough beetle.

Flies: yep, your common house fly takes 100 milliseconds to spot and calculate the exact escape route needed to get away from you, that's faster than you can blink. No wonder they are so hard to kill. Imagine it Animal man had those reflexes.

and this is nowhere near all of them. There are so many more animals that have amazing abilities Animal man could use. Unless he can only use a set amount, he stomps.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By daak1212

Animal man stomp. Perguine Falcon speed, bio electricity of an eel, skin of a rhino, strength of a Hercules beetle, ferocity of a bear and he's deckin people

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By _Black

@daak1212 said:

Animal man stomp. Perguine Falcon speed, bio electricity of an eel, skin of a rhino, strength of a Hercules beetle, ferocity of a bear and he's deckin people