Animal Battle: Hippo vs. Giraffe

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Animals are fighting to protect their young.

All animals are in 100 % condition.

All sizes are the highest-end of average. If you can't picture this, average is fine.

Death is savage and I don't see why they would have to kill each other, so a hard KO is fine.

1. 1-on-1. Battle takes place in Africa. Starting distances are 10 feet and both animals start visible. Takes place in a jungle/marsh and the Hippo is fully hydrated as is the Giraffe.

2. 3-on-3. Takes place in an African swamp with a small lake, but Giraffe's won't enter the water, same starting distance and location.

Hippo-Mouth-4Ft-Child-Strange-Weird-Facts

Vs.

Who is the deadliest creature between a striker who can shatter a Lion's skull or the biter with a bite force of 1821 psi?

Z'

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hippos stomp

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giraffes can shatter lions' skulls? That's cool. I'm pretty sure hippo still wins, but it might be closer than I first thought

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Z___

@arcus said:

Giraffes can shatter lions' skulls?

Yup.

Z'

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___: you should do rhino vs hippo, we were debating that at school, I would do it but I don't want to steal your thing

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@z___: you should do rhino vs hippo, we were debating that at school, I would do it but I don't want to steal your thing

That's absolutely fine if you want to do one, but I believe there's already been a debate on that and the Hippo would win.

Z'

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hippo handily IMO.

Jmarshmallow

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for posting guys. Be aware the Giraffe is more agile. Although one trip would be it's doom, in many documentations there's proof that the Giraffe can decapitate a Lion with just a kick.

Z'

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for vasishta_akinapalli
Vasishta_Akinapalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The giraffe has a chance because hippos are typically slower and smaller. This would make them susceptible

to attacks like hard kicks. The giraffe can also run laps around the hippo, which would make it harder for the hippo to hurt the giraffe.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By BeaconofStrength

Hippo stomps. Those things are aggressive as hell. Not to mention the less aggressive females are able bite at 1821 psi.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Giraffe would probably have the advantage due to it's sheer size, and it's powerful kicks and head smash; can definetely hurt or kill the Hippo.

Bearing in mind, the Hippo wouldn't even be taller than it's legs, the most it could do; would be to charge at it, or bite it's leg.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Hippo>Giraffe>Chew force batman>>>>>Wally West>>>>>>Everyone else>>>>DSS

'am I right?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Batman>>>>>>>>Wally West>=DSS>>>>>>>Percy Jackson>>>>>>>Hippo>>>>>>Giraffe>>>>>>>>>Everyone else

'am I right?

Fixed!

Now you're right!

Jmarshmallow

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnfrank120 said:

@jmarshmallow: Wolverine>>>Batman>>>>>>>>Wally West>=DSS>>>>>>>Percy Jackson>>>>>>>Hippo>>>>>>Giraffe>>>>>>>>>Everyone else

'am I right?

Fixed!

Now you're right!

Jmarshmallow

Double fixed, and prepared for rustled jimmies.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@jmarshmallow said:

@johnfrank120 said:

@jmarshmallow: Spider-Man>>>>>>Wolverine>>>Batman>>>>>>>>Wally West>=DSS>>>>>>>Percy Jackson>>>>>>>Hippo>>>>>>Giraffe>>>>>>>>>Everyone else

'am I right?

Fixed!

Now you're right!

Jmarshmallow

Double fixed, and prepared for rustled jimmies.

Triple fixed!

No Caption Provided

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hippo ftw.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im a big kid now

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Jiraffe speed blitzes with a million imp (k?) before hippo could blink.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Hippo stomps

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By dontevenblink

*slowly backs away*

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please. Hippos are the most dangerous animal in the world. Bar none.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think either stomps here. It'd be a good fight if it were to happen.

Z'

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mysticmedivh
The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Hippo

Avatar image for godsvileanddarkwing
GodsVileandDarkwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giraffe stomps. The size, the speed and the leg strength alone can destroy them.

SomaliGrandad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giraffe stomps. The size, the speed and the leg strength alone can destroy them.

^ lol.

OT: Hippo laughs off a kick to the face from a giraffe (which adolescent rhinos can casually tank) then proceeds to tear it apart.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hippo, Giraffes have little ways of defending themselves.

MonkeysDkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hippo break the legs apart

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would bet my money on the hippo undoubtedly. With a jaw that can be opened 180 degrees, incisor teeth 0,30 meters and 4 inches long, canine teeth the same and 8 inches and a bite force of 2.000 PSI, the giraffe stands no chance. With one bite, a hippo can split a small boat in two. Hippo is one animal that crocodiles fear. Giraffe kicks are soft in case if compared to the hippo's canine teeth.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Armor plated and Bad temper FTW...

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Six-Deuce

Throw a neurolink chip in the giraffe and give me admin permission and I could stomp a herd of hippos. It is essentially playing Dhalsim vs E. Honda tactics

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@six-deuce: Not sure if you're just joking or not but. This is not even remotely close. Hippos are one of the most dangerous land animals second only to elephants. The average hippo weighs 1.496 kg compared to 1.179 kg of the average giraffe. They can run up to 30 km/h. A charge alone would break the giraffe's legs. They also have skin that is 2 inches thick. That's incredibly thick and offers tremendous protection. Their top incisors grow to be 0.48 meters long. The bite strength of a male hippo is unknown because they are too aggressive for researchers to test but female ones has a bite strength of 816 kg. It's an absolute stomp for the hippo.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clint_eastwood: Obviously you have never seen a neurolink-equipped giraffe in action.

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@six-deuce: I really doubt the giraffe stands much chance. Sure, it can stop on a lion but a giraffe weighs 1.133 kg to 2.041 kg and a lion is what, 136 kg to 226 kg? Hippos are pretty much on par with the giraffe weight class wise and they're very dangerous. I can easily see the giraffe being knocked over or having its legs broken, and at that point, the fight is over.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Six-Deuce

@clint_eastwood: ahh, now I see. Your use of the metric system evidences your inability to properly wargame this out sir. The top speed of a common hippo is purported to be 30 Miles per hour, whereas an average specimen of giraffe is closer to 40mph. Given the enormous reach advantage, speed advantage, human tactical control, and what even someone who thinks along the line of centimeters and millimeters must admit is a real likelihood of damage with a well placed kickโ€ฆ..well, that is game, set, match good sir.

Edit: furthermore I am unwilling to concede that I could not also defeat a hippo with a broken-legged giraffeโ€ฆthere are still multiple paths to victoryโ€ฆ.use of the giraffeโ€™s venom for instance.

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@six-deuce: If it was a full on bloodlusted fight, I just don't think a giraffe stands much of a chance against a hippo. However if it were just a normal encounter, a giraffe would probably run away quite easily; given that humans have outrunned hippos on land, I'd say that a giraffe has a pretty good chance of getting away safely. Edit; Actually now that I think about it, there is actually a very small chance for a giraffe to hurt (but probably not kill) a hippo. If the giraffe has its rear facing the hippo's side and it just kicked, that would be a pretty devastating blow. I'm sure it would kill a man, I think it could kill lions and I'm reasonably sure that even a hippo would hurt from that. After this first move though, all a giraffe could do is probably run away. The teeth are still too dangerous and I'm not sure if such 1 kick could completely take out a hippo. In fact yeah. Hippo takes this one 10/10. Hippo is way too solid to stomp out and those teeth are brutal. Those twiggy legs are just asking to get fucked up. Hippo 99/100. Hippos are nature's Abrams. Walking monsters that a giraffe just does not have skeletal structure and traits to defeat it. Giraffe venom? Never heard about "giraffe venom", mate.

Avatar image for deactivated-635ce70da7703
deactivated-635ce70da7703

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could of course be wrong but I'd bet on the giraffe. Those kicks are nasty.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clint_eastwood: humans outrunning a hippo? Interestingโ€ฆassuming this is not anecdotal, it highlights yet another deficiency of the hippo. Namely itโ€™s low moraleโ€ฆif a hippo were truly motivated it should be physically capable of running down such a comparatively feeble creature. A neurolink-equipped giraffe controlled by yours truly has no such weaknesses. I like your comparison of the hippo to an Abrams tank as it is easily countered by an A-10 Thunderbolt for all the exact same advantages that an neurolink equipped giraffe has over the ponderous yet powerful hippo. Good day sir.

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@six-deuce: The hippo would try to scare the giraffe off first. If that didn't worked the hippo would bite one of the giraffe's legs clean off (or at least break it beyond repair) and the giraffe would bleed to death. The hippo handily takes this. Edit; Also, cook some spaghetti and throw it in your deactivated account friend's face. That's what I do when people say things like a giraffe can beat a hippo.

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clint_eastwood: interesting, are these some primordial strain of svelte and speedy hippo that you theorize existed at some point? How in the living hell is a creature so pathetically squat ever going to close quarters on something far faster, with a tremendous reach advantage and has beyond human level tactical intelligence? This ends with a fat ,moist ,gray corpse with a hoof-sized hole between itโ€™s ribs. ๐Ÿ