User Lists: 0

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ShootingNova

Sabers only goes to Obi-Wan. Not sure for all-out, but I'm willing to hear arguments for either side.

Criostomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface: does Obi have the high ground?

I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

Sabers only goes to Obi-Wan. Not sure for all-out, but I'm willing to hear arguments for either side.

I think you have that backwards since Corran Horn only has passive use of the Force such as precognition and what not. And Corran Horn is noted by Grandmaster Luke Skywalker (most powerful force user of all time not including the celestials) to be one of the greatest duelists he's ever seen. Corran Horn would obliterate Obi-Wan in a saber duel. Even episode 3 obi-wan would eventually lose a saber duel to Corran. Now if we bring the Force into it, idk. Corran can still use Force Wall and defend against force attacks, though his wall isn't the strongest. And Obi-wan's use of the force has never been stated to be anything exceptional. So I doubt ANH Obi-Wan could do anything with the Force that Corran couldn't easily defend against. In the end I have to give this to Corran easily.

TL;DR - Corran

cs_zoltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp said:

@burnface: does Obi have the high ground?

I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

@shootingnova said:

I think you have that backwards since Corran Horn only has passive use of the Force such as precognition and what not. And Corran Horn is noted by Grandmaster Luke Skywalker (most powerful force user of all time not including the celestials) to be one of the greatest duelists he's ever seen. Corran Horn would obliterate Obi-Wan in a saber duel. Even episode 3 obi-wan would eventually lose a saber duel to Corran. Now if we bring the Force into it, idk. Corran can still use Force Wall and defend against force attacks, though his wall isn't the strongest. And Obi-wan's use of the force has never been stated to be anything exceptional. So I doubt ANH Obi-Wan could do anything with the Force that Corran couldn't easily defend against. In the end I have to give this to Corran easily.

TL;DR - Corran

No Caption Provided

RotS Kenobi was close to Count Dooku as a duelist, he was the best Soresu user of histroy, he was a better Ataru user than one of the best pure swordsmen the Order had ever seen, he defeated opponents such as Maul, Savage, Grievous, Ventress, A'Sharad Hett, and Vader and you think Corran would beat him?
Or Obi-Wan never stated to be anything exceptional with the force? How about stalemating the chosen one in TK, moving shuttles, crushing assassin droids, lifting heavy cannons, repulsing Durge leaving nothing but smear. And that's just TK.

On Topic, I agree with Nova on saber only. ANH Kenobi was a real danger to Vader, stating that he could kill Vader in a blink of an eye. As for all-out and force only, iirc Corran had ridiculous tutaminis that could redirect the energy into potent illusions, so I could see him win those.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers