Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probobly Vader honestly This is vader at his prime He would win via brute strength Qui gon has little to no chance Vader took out a room of 8 jedi knights and masters with little trouble like Koffi arana and master tsui choi he made play things out of them i dont think qui gon could possibly win. Qui Gon is an awesome character tho

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@burnface said:

*Film feats only

Well then. Round 1 goes to Jinn, Round 2 to Vader, tbh.

probobly Vader honestly This is vader at his prime He would win via brute strength Qui gon has little to no chance Vader took out a room of 8 jedi knights and masters with little trouble like Koffi arana and master tsui choi he made play things out of them i dont think qui gon could possibly win. Qui Gon is an awesome character tho

Those weren't even masters, and were just basic padawan/knight level fodder. And it doesn't matter anyways, this is movie feats only.

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: What the Beans are you talking about Koffi Arana Was a Jedi master So Was Tsui Choi?! do you know nothing of the EU

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the Beans are you talking about Koffi Arana Was a Jedi master So Was Tsui Choi?!

Koffi was a Knight and a Jedi General during the Clone Wars. Tsui was a master, though.

do you know nothing of the EU

On the contrary, I know quite a bit.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well let's just make it clear that Vader would destroy Jinn in both a saber duel and a force battle, but since we are nerfing Vader to New Hope only, I guess Jinn would take the saber portion due to better cinematics in Phantom Menace. Jinn never had any real force feats so I'm still giving the force portion to Vader with his choke.

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: Koffi was a Master who died with masters Tsui Choi, Jastus Farr, Robilo Darte and the Nikto one whos name i will not try to spell because its way too complicated BTW Vader kills them all Soo i dont know what you are talking about

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koffi was a Master who died with masters Tsui Choi, Jastus Farr, Robilo Darte and the Nikto one whos name i will not try to spell because its way too complicated BTW Vader kills them all Soo i dont know what you are talking about

None of them, bar Tsui Choi, have any conformation or statement of being masters.

Well let's just make it clear that Vader would destroy Jinn in both a saber duel and a force battle

Force battle, yes. But I doubt Vader is going to destroy Jinn in a saber duel, even if we take the EU into account.

Jinn managed to hold his own against Darth Maul, who by himself is a better duelist than ANH Vader.

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollfmyth209: there actually ois confirmation i just pulledf out the comic and it says this Z"What you seek is revenge master Arana"

PLAYA1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PLAYA1

Jinn should win round 1. He came across more impressive than Vader in the films. Vader really did nothing besides swinging his lightsaber in akward movements and then losing his arm to Luke in the last film. At least Jinn was duking it out with Maul. No idea if Force powers would affect the fight overall. Probably not. So Qui-Gon wins.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obi_wan__: If it's pulled out of the comic, and is technically a canceled scene, then it is rendered non-canon by default. But let's agree to disagree. It's pointless to get into a debate over such a trivial thing like a title that a fodder character carried.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vader

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 juiceboks  Moderator

@obi_wan__: This is nowhere close to Vader at his prime.

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: ITs the dark era Darth Vaders Prime Maybe a little before ANH is his prime but yeah the dark era

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Film feats only Jinn should win both rounds.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui Gon wins in a very good fight both rounds. With more difficulty in round 2.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@obi_wan__: That would be Anakin at his prime(at least the closest to it) which was at RotS. Vader reached his prime around RotJ. This version of Vader was still getting used to his suit.

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: what Im talking Vader Suited at his prime and he gets used to his suit alot earlier in the 20 years between Rots and Anh He is not in his prime in Rotj because he is fighting against a rebellion and has failed his master on protecting the first death star in ANh he is still the most feared man in the galaxy And he already made ajustments to his suit and was already used too it he gets used to his suit very early on like in the first 10 years after ROTS

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@obi_wan__: Except that several objective sources have stated that Vader reached his peak level of power in RotJ, and no he didn't learn to use his suit in the most effective dueling style until much later. Not only that but his feats of power at this point couldn't compare to the one's he acquired later. His failure at the Death Star actually made him more powerful..

His prime was clearly years later from ANH. If you knew anything about the character you wouldn't be debating this. This is quite common knowledge.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Qui-Gon wins both, lol.

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Obi_Wan__
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks: please pull from your sources then

Source that proves his power increased after the Death Star blew up.

When the Death Star exploded, it was believed that Vader had been lost to the void. But he returned, more powerful than before, and was given command of the fleet assigned to track down Skywalker and the Rebel fleet.

-- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope

Source that proves he reached his prime during RotJ.

Lord Vader did not mind waiting, though, nor was even aware of it. For it was an honor, and a noble activity, to kneel at his ruler's feet. He kept his eyes inward, seeking reflection in his own bottomless core. His power was great, now, greater than it had ever been. It shimmered from within, and resonated with the waves of darkness that flowed from the Emperor. He felt engorged with this power, it surged like black fire, demon electrons looking for ground...but he would wait. For his Emperor was not ready; and his son was not ready, and the time was not yet. So he waited.

-- Return Of The Jedi

Credit to @zapan87 for the easy access quotes.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks said:

@obi_wan__: Except that several objective sources have stated that Vader reached his peak level of power in RotJ, and no he didn't learn to use his suit in the most effective dueling style until much later. Not only that but his feats of power at this point couldn't compare to the one's he acquired later. His failure at the Death Star actually made him more powerful..

His prime was clearly years later from ANH. If you knew anything about the character you wouldn't be debating this. This is quite common knowledge.

That depends on the continuity however. In Canon, it was stated that Vader's prime was in Rebels, which takes place years before ANH.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapan87: They can't really say that though, because they haven't reached ROTJ yet.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 juiceboks  Moderator

@zapan87 said:

@juiceboks said:

That depends on the continuity however. In Canon, it was stated that Vader's prime was in Rebels, which takes place years before ANH.

I don't watch Rebels but I don't believe they can say he was in his prime atm given it was very early in his time as Vader(relatively speaking) and his best feats came well afterwards.

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapan87 said:

@juiceboks said:

I don't watch Rebels but I don't believe they can say he was in his prime atm given it was very early in his time as Vader(relatively speaking) and his best feats came well afterwards.

Well, he hasn't been explored in Canon other than in the ANH - RotJ time period. Vader's very much a clean slate they can build upon now.

JKFallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both rounds go to Darth Vader.

I always believed that the average Sith is stronger than a Jedi, due to compliance of tapping into the darker and more easier to master side of the force. A character like Darth Vader would kill Qui Gon Jinn if you couple up the fact that Vader was able to kill Obi Wan Kenobi.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Films only? Qui Gon stomps all rounds.