#1 Posted by bornstar (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 - Random encounter. They only fight in unarmed combat

Round 2 - both have prep. Both have their standard gear.

Bothhave the regular Angel version

vs

#2 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 could go either way but I'm leaning towards Selene. Round 2 Selene should stomp. She has waaaaay better tech/equipment than Angel. UV bullets will make a BIG difference.

#3 Posted by bornstar (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby said:

Round 1 could go either way but I'm leaning towards Selene. Round 2 Selene should stomp. She has waaaaay better tech/equipment than Angel. UV bullets will make a BIG difference.

Round 1: i would think Angel will take it he is quite stronger than selene. round 2 should be selene though

#4 Posted by dondave (37416 posts) - - Show Bio

@bornstar: she outclasses him (if I remember correctly in speed) and is strong enough to stake him

#5 Posted by bornstar (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

i would think Angel can take her out in round 1

#6 Posted by dondave (37416 posts) - - Show Bio

@bornstar: is Angel fast

#7 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@bornstar said:

@80sBaby said:

Round 1: i would think Angel will take it he is quite stronger than selene. round 2 should be selene though

What makes you say Angel's stronger? I'd rank them about equal.

#8 Posted by The Stegman (24384 posts) - - Show Bio
@dondave said:

Well, Angel has shown to have some speed feats, he often disappears before humans can even notice (kinda like Batman) he is fast enough to catch crossbow arrows shot at him from point blank range, has dodged machine gun fire, etc. I think he might have super speed, but the budget on the Buffy/Angel show might not have been large enough to showcase it fully. 

Anyway, I say Angel Both rounds.  

Round One- Selene won't know Angel's weaknesses due to a random encounter. And without weapons, it would be nearly impossible to kill a  
Buffyverse vampire. their only weaknesses are Fire, Stake through the heart, sunlight, or decapitation, without weapons, Selene can't do any of those things.  Her best bet is to go for a K.O, but to me, Angel has shown far greater combat feats than Selene. 

Round Two- Selene comes equipped with tech, but Angel will come equipped with magic. 
#9 Edited by UNKNOWNUSER101 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: she could potentially rip his head off in round 1 and even without weapons she is still stronger, faster and more durable

#10 Posted by The Stegman (24384 posts) - - Show Bio

@unknownuser101: she's faster and probably stronger, but I dunno about more durable.

#11 Edited by UNKNOWNUSER101 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: ok but her healing factor is much better and she no longer has any weaknesses

#12 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel Selene.

#13 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Yes.

Angel speed Blitzes Liala from over 50 feet away in a second.

Angel on the show becomes a blur that pins these 2 humans to the wall from a rooms distance in a split second.

This typical Vampire alone is a blur as he takes down 3 cops before they can shoot their guns.

Angel turns around and catches a Cross Bow fired by faith after the bolt was fired at him.

Angel dodges a Bullet Fired stake after it was fired, and from less than 10 feet away too.

There is more, but this is what i have on hand :/

#14 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@unknownuser101: she's faster and probably stronger, but I dunno about more durable.

Here is a nice Durability feat.

Angel is point blank hit by a Grenade, gets blown through the Steel Elevator Doors, falls down the Elevator Shaft, and then runs in a few seconds to the alley way with no real damage.

BAMSKY!

#15 Posted by UNKNOWNUSER101 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: cool but selene survived a grenade blowing up in her face without much damage and was shot continuously in the back with no major signs of distress

#16 Posted by AmonSet (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with angel on this one by reading the posts so far. Seen the series seem the movies just rusty on the feats.

#17 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: cool but selene survived a grenade blowing up in her face without much damage and was shot continuously in the back with no major signs of distress

Angel also ignores bullets to the back or front too.

Shot in the back? No problem.

Twice Angel fell from a skyscraper and face first to the street below, never was KOed either time.

Ran Over twice by a classic all steel one ton truck, no big deal, then Angel was beaten on by a sledgehammer right after this in the skull and ribs, Angel shrugged it all off.

I think he beats Selene in durability feats.

#18 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sbaby said:

@bornstar said:

@80sBaby said:

What makes you say Angel's stronger? I'd rank them about equal.

I think Angel is stronger too.

One Kick takes a cops head off. This resurrected also had meta human strength to boot. One the head came off the body simply decomposed which is why the head looks the way it does.

Strong enough to break the chain off this punching bag and send it flying across the room.

Rips open this iron grate in the sewers of France for a getaway from Vampire Hunters.

Pretty strong feats.

#19 Edited by UNKNOWNUSER101 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: sorry but I don't know how to post videos or scans but if you take me by my word selene broke a guys arm like a stick, barged a moving van and mad it flip, threw a guy halfway across a room onto a window and had the speed to catch him before he hit the ground

#20 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by UNKNOWNUSER101 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: it was towards the end and her best strength feat

#22 Posted by The Stegman (24384 posts) - - Show Bio

@unknownuser101: She has weaknesses, just not to sunlight, which Angel won't use anyway. She can be cut, stabbed, knocked out and decapitated. Meanwhile, Angel tanks machine gun fire, falling from a ten story building, survived being underwater for months, being run over by cars, tanks blows from Slayers, short periods of being lit on fire, being stabbed through the heart by a sword and survived in hell for 100 years.

#23 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

This battle can go either way in my opinion. Both have relatively the same stats, though I think Selene might be a little stronger and faster, but not enough to make a significant difference.

#24 Edited by UNKNOWNUSER101 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: she can heal from most of the things you mentioned and straight up tank them and she can survive all of the things you mentioned angel could do

#25 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: she can heal from most of the things you mentioned and straight up tank them and she can survive all of the things you mentioned angel could do

Selene like all underworld Vampires can be killed with serious bodily damage. They also have a tendecy to blled and lose blood.

Angel body is dead, and he cannot bleed out.

I also simply never seen Selene tank anything near being run over multiple times, nor falling a great height face first into a street. she has falling and landed on her feet, not the same as landing on your face.

#26 Posted by UNKNOWNUSER101 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: she managed to survive and heal from a grenade to the face and heal from a shot to the head so I'm just assuming she can heal from being run over and falling face first from great heights. Just speculation

#27 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@unknownuser101: Healing and remaining conscious, or continuing to fight are 2 different things is what I meant.

#28 Posted by UNKNOWNUSER101 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: alright, she was still conscious after those things btw