Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@wwq7 said:

@ssjlozza said:

@wwq7 said:

@themethos said:

Buffy could fight her but the problem is Style of Combat. Xena fights like no one Buffy has ever encountered and likely never trained to fight someone so acrobatic and physically impressive as Xena.

Xena has also fought a den of Vampires in her series (They where called some other name) where she fought off dozens of them and was bitten by a Vamped Gabrielle who she didn't want to hurt. Shortly there after she fights and kills the god who controls them. I think it was Dionysus the God of Wine and Madness. Who if legends hold is one of the Olympian 12 (The 12 gods who rule as council Olympus) and this is season 2. So I would be glad if my fellow Buffy Fans would stop lowballing Xena.

Herc would be a dangerous fighter as he fights a lot like Angel but Angel has the speed. I think Angel might be able to hurt or kill Hercules but it would be a hard battle and if Herc got a good shot in with that staff he has the strength to turn a blunt pole into a stake. And enough skill to take a head

If this became about Buffy vs Herc then I am gonna go with Buffy due not just to speed but her strength is closer and she has the cunning that would give her the adaptive edge.

I agree mate. Xena has superior combat skills, acrobatics, more experience, defeated more powerful opponents and she is just as strong and durable as Buffy.

The vampires were called Bacchaes and they are in the vid I posted. They can fly; I don't believe any of the vampires in Buffy could fly. I wish they would stop lowballing Xena, too. I know Buffy is skilled, its just Xena is more skilled.

I think Herc is too durable for Angel to kill.

Well I agree that Xena is skilled but say that Buffy is more skilled, I'm not "lowballing" anyone I just don't agree with you- you don't agree with me but I'm not accusing you of lowballing Buffy.

By saying Buffy can one shot Xena is lowballing mate. Xena has taken down armies. Buffy struggles to stake one vampire, so I don't see how she is more skilled than Xena. She doesn't know any pressure points, she needs the help of her friends to defeat most villains, she's never tagged a speedster, Xena has and Xena has caught arrows with her teeth, so her reaction speed is better than Buffy's and her fighting skills are below par to Xena.

Ok maybe one shotting is hyperbole, but I think that Buffy and Angel would take this. She doesn't usually struggle to stake one vampire now that IS lowballing, Buffy quite regularly takes on numerous vampires and it's only when either the vampire is especially strong or Buffy is distraced or weakened for some reason e.g. "Helpless" that she actually genuinely struggles with a vampire. I have to admit that Xena has showed great reaction speeds, but I just don't see her style of fighting as being as practical as Buffy's.

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza: I have seen several episodes where she struggles to stake one vampire mate, but she has fought several of them at times, but it is not as impressive as Xena killing gods and taking down armies by herself. Buffy will not know how to handle Xena's style of fighting. She will probably try to be resourceful and trick Xena, but Xena is a masterful tactician, so she won't fall for any of Buffy's tricks and Xena is also resourceful like when she trapped goddess Callisto and Velasca in a lava pit. Buffy would probably try and get a rocket launcher if she faced them and she has never fought anyone who uses pressure points. Xena fought and defeated someone who was a master of pressure points.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza said:

Blunt-force durability vs Piercing damage. It's like asking how can she be more durable that Heracles despite him not being killed by a God Hammer (Thor when he fought him) and Glory was?

@ssjlozza said:

@isaac_clarke: Watch it again mate, Buffy can mangle a gun like it's nothing! She can run at least 45 mph and can overpower supernatural enemies easily. She's defeated a god (albeit a weakened one), Dracula himself and the oldest and strongest vampire to name but a few of her enemies. She's also defeated numerous uber-vamps including the first one to rise which was immensely powerful.

Dracula was successfully draining her dry in his initial appearance. The Uber-vamps were more potent than the latter vamps she killed so it's tough to care about the later, the first one to rise kicked her rear. It took a considerable amount of her effort to eventually beat it. There's nothing to indicate that they got any weaker past the first one either.

Why is this even still an ongoing debate? Buffy could one shot Xena... hell, she could solo this fight as long as she doesn't have to fight both Xena and Hercules at the same time. Angel would have a hard time dealing with Hercules' strength until he vamp rages and beats him into submission. In a sword fight, I call a stalemate between Angel and Hercules but in H2H, Angel stomps.

Hardly. Angel and his son were getting rocked by Hamilton before the plot blood drink came in and let's face it Hamilton wasn't tossing around superhuman's like rag-dolls with each hit through the roof's of houses or tanking anything with that kind of force. Herakles on the other hand was a tank.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wwq7: We're not going to agree mate, so let's just agree to disagree, I think team Buffy wins with relative ease and you say the same of team Xena, let's leave it at that.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By theONEtaichou

@beatboks1 said:

@theonetaichou:

1. The average speed of a horse gallop is 25 to 30 not the peak. There are a total of 17 sites that confirm as much here is but 1.

2. As I said the show was filmed in New Zealand. I live in Australia and believe me there aren't any horse in my neighbors country other than Quarter horses. every horse on the show was a quarter horse, they would not have imported horses for the show.

3. I see in re-reading that you didn't openly state only infer that thoroughbreds were the fasted. But then also on a re-read I believe you've mis construed my figures as what they are not. My original statement of 35 to 40 mph feat isn't a statement of the horses speed. It's a statement of Xena's speed. If she was 25 meters behind the horse and had to cover that as well as the 100 or so meters the horse did that would mean that she would have to travel 32MPH to catch 25mph horse or 36 MPH to catch 30mph horse. If it was 30meters that becomes 37 and 40. I clearly stated it mad the FEAT that speed not the horse.

firstly do forgive me for the very late reply... travelling into areas without electricity let alone an internet connection makes it hard to reply timeously...

1: To tell you the truth the website you gave could at best be inferred to be about averages. You know horses, you know while the term 'horse' covers a lot of breeds, those breeds do not reach the same gallop speed. Some have slower gallop speeds, others are faster. But, irrespective, I think I took my point to crazy levels. Forgive me, as I said, sometimes the more zealous the man, the greater the chance of him committing umbrage. And I did so here

2: While I do get you are an Aussie (and as such we are now enemies; for my pride in supporting our national cricket and rugby teams (the Proteas and the Springboks) demands it :p) I have also traveled into NZ, particularly to help during the Christchurch tragedy. I saw more than QH's, that's when I also learned about the name of the type of horse native to NZ. But in Xena, I have seen Arabians, especially the Roman-centered episodes, as well as Warmbloods. Argo, Xena's horse, has had a fierce debate about what type of horse she is on the 'net.

(3): I re-read my comments as well... I think I also digressed with the point I was trying to say. I meant if we took that horse as having the fastest gallop, it still could not reach such speeds at the short distance from Xena (hence using the fastest short distance horses QH's), therefore it is safe to assume it wasn't at full speed ergo Xena running and catching it is not comparable to Xena catching a horse, a QH of all horses, at full gallop. Therefore she is not in Buffy's speed league (travel).

But I think we just digressed so much in these thread. I think we should drop the horse speed argument. And I am so sorry for forcing you to re-watch Xena. I only liked her coz Lucy Lawless was hot.

As for Callisto, your vids prove my point I had stated earlier. My point being that Xena would take shots from goons, Gabrielle and Callisto, feel them, have her punches blocked and swords parried but all of a sudden she would fight a 'multi-ton' god and... parry their shots and not feel their punches! If Xena had super strength Callisto, Gabrielle, the odd goon here and there should never be able parry her shots (as shown on Hercules where his strength would just overpower people even when they tried to parry his shots). As for Xena's durability, it's great actually seeing the horse drag, the problem is there are many instances such as when she lost her army, that her durability wasn't there. Especially on the level of Buffy and Angel and Hercules. My point being she has been nearly put down by far less than all three others here can dish, hence I still stand by being one shotted by Buffy.

again sorry for the late reply, and unfortunately your national teams boil my blood... hence I shall pray that you fall into a place, where you cannot get out unless you watch all, yes ALL the Xena episodes! Without end... bwahhahahaha

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza said:

@wwq7: We're not going to agree mate, so let's just agree to disagree, I think team Buffy wins with relative ease and you say the same of team Xena, let's leave it at that.

Ok mate and I don't think Xena would win with ease. I think she would win, in an amazing battle with Buffy.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Carter_esque

@ssjlozza: I know this is kind of off topic but could you just imagine what Illyria would do to team Xena? lol murderstomp

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By SSJLozza
WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is another vid I made to show Xena would beat Buffy.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#210  Edited By Floopay

Xena and Hercules were ridiculous. Xena could leap 20-30 feat in a single bound, while doing flips, and whatever. She was also dang near untouchable. Hercules was...well...Hercules. One of the greatest fighters in history, and the show wasn't scared to throw more and more feats his way.

These two are portrayed as the world's finest.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

WWQ5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping this thread! I still got Xena and Herc winning. I thought Xena fighting Buffy was going to be a tough fight for Xena before, but after watching every season of Buffy again, I have to say Xena would win easily. Buffy struggles to stake one vampire and she was even staked by one of them. She needs her friends help all the time, whereas Xena doesn't need anyone.

Here are vids I made of Xena to show that she would easily beat Buffy:

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Herc & Xena. Herc is way too damn strong.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By comic_book_fan

hercules and xena