Angel/Buffy vs Xena/Herculese TV Show Smackdown

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

The new CV is a pain in the proverbial. After i posted my first post it never appeared even after my returning to the page three times. I went back to do so again ( couldn't even find the same post I replied to) and when I'd done i already had a reply to a post i couldn't see.

Mot to mention the number of times I've posted and the main page doesn't update with a new post for the thread but the thread does. Hope they work out these bugs soon.

@ssjlozza said:

They can't deal with Buffy's reaction times though, she dodged a taser so we're talking massively hypersonic reaction speed. Buffy also bent a gun so she's incredibly strong. Angel has tanked numerous bullets before so his durability is beyond theirs. Buffy has leaped 8 foot fences like they were nothing before but that's irrelevant anyway as this isn't a long jump competition. Buffy can run 45+ mph too so at very least she is as fast as Xena.

Buffy is at least as strong- mangling a gun easily.

She's at least as fast- Running 45+ mph

She has ludicrously swifter reaction times- Dodging taser blasts which are massively hypersonic

Angel is by far the most durable in this contest- Tanking machine gun bullets nuff said

Buffy will also become enraged if Angel is hurt and attack both Xena and Hercules like a Beserker.

Team 1 will stomp thanks to Summers.

A real,life taser is about 1/5 the speed of a bullet. That's not a great reaction feat. A Taser for crying out load is an air compressed pin that once it hits you with it's attached line sends a charge through your body. it's not even a highly powered projectile, an arrow would move faster from a 60lb bow. For this thread in fact it's pretty damn slow. All the other feats you mentioned are well below every feat i stated. Bending a gun barrel is like 1/10000 of catching a catapulted boulder the size a f a SUV.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By beatboks1

@ssjlozza: Herc walked through the fires of Hades, he's had castles and mountains collapse on him ( If IIRC a cavern as well), he's taken arrows in the arms plus caught some and the same with swords and other weapons. The bullets do damage to Angel he just recovers, most of those things didn't even damage Herc. No one here has a gun anyway, it comes down to the weapons they do have and quite frankly blunt force durability is of far greater importance when it comes to that. In Blunt force durability Herc has the distinct advantage

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The new CV is a pain in the proverbial. After i posted my first post it never appeared even after my returning to the page three times. I went back to do so again ( couldn't even find the same post I replied to) and when I'd done i already had a reply to a post i couldn't see.

Mot to mention the number of times I've posted and the main page doesn't update with a new post for the thread but the thread does. Hope they work out these bugs soon.

@ssjlozza said:

They can't deal with Buffy's reaction times though, she dodged a taser so we're talking massively hypersonic reaction speed. Buffy also bent a gun so she's incredibly strong. Angel has tanked numerous bullets before so his durability is beyond theirs. Buffy has leaped 8 foot fences like they were nothing before but that's irrelevant anyway as this isn't a long jump competition. Buffy can run 45+ mph too so at very least she is as fast as Xena.

She has ludicrously swifter reaction times- Dodging taser blasts which are massively hypersonic

Angel is by far the most durable in this contest- Tanking machine gun bullets nuff said

Buffy will also become enraged if Angel is hurt and attack both Xena and Hercules like a Beserker.

A real,life taser is about 1/5 the speed of a bullet. That's not a great reaction feat. A Taser for crying out load is an air compressed pin that once it hits you with it's attached line sends a charge through your body. it's not even a highly powered projectile, an arrow would move faster from a 60lb bow. For this thread in fact it's pretty damn slow. All the other feats you mentioned are well below every feat i stated. Bending a gun barrel is like 1/10000 of catching a catapulted boulder the size a f a SUV.

These weren't just police taser's they were jets of electricity, and electricity can move up to 1/2 the speed of light. You can tell that these were't ordinary tasers by the fact that they omitted visible electrical bolts. Your 1/10000 thing is based on nothing, Buffy is just as strong as Herculese from what I've seen, and even if she isn't she vastly outclasses him in other areas. I never said Angel was completely unhurt by bullets I just stated that he tanked them which he did.

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By WWQ7

@ssjlozza said:

@wwq7: "Primeval" (The one where she destroys Adam as Uber Buffy) was the episode where she dodged the electricity blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giL0zPFVCU8 a small portion of what Buffy is capable of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPgyRYbcOQ a compilation of Buffy fight scenes

I can't get up the scene of her bending a gun in "phases"( it's on youtube but the video doesn't work properly), or the electricity dodging scene but these comps are just a little taste of what the Slayer can do.

Thanks for posting the links; they are awesome, but you can't really use that feat with the electricity blast mate because it was a different version of Buffy that was created by magic. I see nothing in the videos that Xena cannot handle; I have seen all episodes of Buffy, but I just think Buffy will have a long battle with Xena with Xena winning in the end. Xena frequently flips over her opponents, so Buffy will not be expecting that. She can kill someone with her pressure points and I don't believe Buffy has ever faced anyone who can do that. She has tagged a speedblitzer who was going faster than Glory, so she can handle Buffy's speed. She is strong enough to break chains and kick down doors, so she is equal in strength to Buffy and she has taken down an army of over 100 trained warriors who were armed with swords, whereas Buffy struggles to stake one vampire. I firmly believe Xena would beat Buffy; perhaps not with ease, but in a long battle she will be supreme.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By beatboks1

@ssjlozza said:

@beatboks1 said:

These weren't just police taser's they were jets of electricity, and electricity can move up to 1/2 the speed of light.

You can tell that these were't ordinary tasers by the fact that they omitted visible electrical bolts.

Your 1/10000 thing is based on nothing,

Buffy is just as strong as Herculese from what I've seen, and even if she isn't she vastly outclasses him in other areas. I never said Angel was completely unhurt by bullets I just stated that he tanked them which he did.

No it's not. The electromagnetic wave on which charged particles like electrons run can travel that fast but the actual charged particles themselves cannot. The only way in which electrons can move at a velocity your suggesting is with a cyclotron.

That is exactly what "normal tasers" look like to the naked eye too.

No it's not the feat of catching the boulder that lets say has a mass under 2000kg ( 2 Tonne) ( reasonable based on size) would have had an impulse of greater than 60 tonnes ( a two tonnes mass that would have to be moving at least 30m/s, it would need to have greater than 20m/s to achieve the brake of gravities pull and once air born would accelerate by 9.98m/s the whole way down frankly 60 tonnes is a low estimate). that's the effective strength needed to catch it without returning it. Since to return it would mean it would have to have the same force to achieve the reverse trajectory as well as reverse the impulse it would require more than double the strength needed to catch it to return it. It makes the feat well over 100 tonne feat. The tensile strength of a steel gun barrel however is 250MPa. It's relative to the mass of the steel. Since the mass of the steel bun barrel would be less than 500gms (.05 kg) that makes it .05 X250 or a strength feat of 125 kg ( that's .0125 of a tonne) 120/0.125 equals 960 so at the lowest end the one feat you gave of Buffy bending a steel gun barrel is 1/960 of the feat of Herc catching and returning a 2 tonne catapulted stone block. As I said the 120 tonnes would be bare minimum.

Clearly based on the feats YOUR mentioning compared to those I've mentioned she most certaily is NOT

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By WWQ7

@ssjlozza: Watch this video I made mate and you will see that Buffy can't beat Xena.

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Herc and Xena 10 out of 10.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza said:

Sorr

@beatboks1 said:

@theonetaichou said:

@immortal777 said:

@theonetaichou said:

Team 1 wins... Strength, speed...

I'm not saying who wins but Hercules is stronger than Buffy, Angel and Xena combined.

Hercules strength was meh! Great for the time, tossing men out of huts and houses but nothing to run home shouting about (maybe walk). I would agree he should be stronger outright than the 3 but his demonstration of vastly superior strength wasn't much to say he could take Angel and Buffy with their strength.

Also what Herc/Xena lack is speed, the speeds demonstrated in Buffyverse is too much for H/X, Xena cannot take anyone on team 1, she is in all probability the better fighter but unless Angel/Buffy are going to fight like the people who fight her in her show - slow with generalized attacks, she gets one shotted. Then Herc gets a beatdown...

Hercules feats in the show included pushing over buildings/ structures. leveling a small mountain in a couple of well placed blows. pulling a laiden cart that four horses being whipped could not move out of a bog. carrying stone pillars. Catching a boulder the size of an SUV from a catapult and returning it. Also his durability was far above that of anyone they faced save maybe Glory.

As for speed, Xena outran a horse in full gallop. That's easily a 35 to 40MPH feat ( fro an average Gallop) up to 55MPH, as I recall the horse even had a 25 to 30 m head start. Xena was depicted as far more than mere human level. Hell her acrobatic moves and how far she could leap etc in the air was far more than Buffy has ever shown in her series ( in the movie yes but not the show - the closest she cam to achieving that level I can recall was in the Zoo when some magic was making Sunnydale High students animalistic humans).

Seriously the physical feats of Buffy and Angel come up considerably short compared to Herc and match the feats of Xena.

They do definitely show greater combat ability than Herc but not greater than Xena

First mate please point us to he vid... second the fastest horse gallop is around 25-30 mph, for a short distance too and that is usually achieved by racing horses. Thoroughbreds average around 35mph.

In the '73 Belmont, it was estimated that Secretariat hit 55 mph down the stretch. Again you can just google this.

There is no way that horse in that Xena episodes (I'm still skeptical) outran a thoroughbred, especially since, due to their cost, they would never feature thoroughbreds on Xena. Worse is that there are many instances where Xena never displayed that type of speed to rescue Gabrielle, her friend.

Buffy on the other hand caught the bus.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By theONEtaichou

@theonetaichou said:

I don't believe Xena took punches from multi-ton gods, that would be PIS considered Callisto gave her a fight everytime they met - no such durability, but like I said my memory is hazy. Please point me to the episodes. Yeah, I remember the hints (me and my friends once got into a huge argument about what Xena could be) but her entire show never produced fruits about the hints. So meh unfortunately.

She overpowered normal people, Buffy overpowers superhumanly strong entities such as demons and vampires... difference. While her agility would make Daredevil envious much of it is PIS, fun PIS but PIS, I remember an episode where she flipped over 3 men and they stood there with spears gaping at her somersaults! Lol, fun but in a forum she would die as she cannot defend herself as she spins. Angel nor Buffy would just stand there and gape in awe.

I agree on combat speed vs travel speed, but their combat speed was greater too, re-watch the Glory fights, Faith vs Buffy fights, the Herc/Xena shows were stupendously slow (a product of their time). We have scenes in Buffyverse where people stare at vamps and turn around and find the vamp right there, that type of speed is enough to fight with and use greatly here, not travelling but that type of burst speed. Dodging gunfire point blank (use it to dodge punches and kicks from the opposing team).

The jumping has been replicated so many times and exceeded in Buffyverse, jumping up and down.

I've seen you mention Xena vs Callisto a few times like it's a low ball showing. You are aware aren't you that Callisto is a "multi tonne god" like those you don't believe Xena can take blows from aren't you. Only in their first battle was she a normal human and before that fight she had shot Xena with a poison arrow. She was released from Tatarus to kill Hercules by Hera and promised immortality. Callisto planned to get ti on her own and tricked Herc into revealing the tree of life that allowed her immortality. Before her and Xena's next battle she had also taken Ambrosia making her a god as well. Being hurt by Callisto is actually a high end feat for most of her showings as high in fact as taking blows from Glory.

Friend, when you interject yourself in a debate between other people it is always a good idea to at least ask why does one say this or that. I mentioned Callisto because she was human, in fact my mention of Callisto has always been that she is a normal human who fought Xena. My opponent and I kept up the remarks that humans with no super speed and super strength have parried Xena's blows (such as Gabrielle and Callisto and the many goons on the show), fought her and punched her and made her feel it. No one talked about Callisto being turned into a demon/archdemon/god/angel etc. You might have missed that. Sorry mate.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza said:

@beatboks1 said:

These weren't just police taser's they were jets of electricity, and electricity can move up to 1/2 the speed of light.

You can tell that these were't ordinary tasers by the fact that they omitted visible electrical bolts.

Buffy is just as strong as Herculese from what I've seen, and even if she isn't she vastly outclasses him in other areas. I never said Angel was completely unhurt by bullets I just stated that he tanked them which he did.

No it's not. The electromagnetic wave on which charged particles like electrons run can travel that fast but the actual charged particles themselves cannot. The only way in which electrons can move at a velocity your suggesting is with a cyclotron.

No it's not the feat of catching the boulder that lets say has a mass under 2000kg ( 2 Tonne) ( reasonable based on size) would have had an impulse of greater than 60 tonnes ( a two tonnes mass that would have to be moving at least 30m/s, it would need to have greater than 20m/s to achieve the brake of gravities pull and once air born would accelerate by 9.98m/s the whole way down frankly 60 tonnes is a low estimate). that's the effective strength needed to catch it without returning it. Since to return it would mean it would have to have the same force to achieve the reverse trajectory as well as reverse the impulse it would require more than double the strength needed to catch it to return it. It makes the feat well over 100 tonne feat. The tensile strength of a steel gun barrel however is 250MPa. It's relative to the mass of the steel. Since the mass of the steel bun barrel would be less than 500gms (.05 kg) that makes it .05 X250 or a strength feat of 125 kg ( that's .0125 of a tonne) 120/0.125 equals 960 so at the lowest end the one feat you gave of Buffy bending a steel gun barrel is 1/960 of the feat of Herc catching and returning a 2 tonne catapulted stone block. As I said the 120 tonnes would be bare minimum.

Clearly based on the feats YOUR mentioning compared to those I've mentioned she most certaily is NOT

Mate a taser doesn't shoot out vast jets of electricity like something out of a sci fi movie. You say bending the barrel of a gun is a stength feat of 125kg? That has to be wrong as no real human can bend a gun and yet there are plenty of guys who can bench way more than that. Ok then perhaps he is a bit stronger than her, but that's not all that matters in a fight, Buffy thinks on her feet and if she realises that he is stronger than her she'll try and keep him at a reasonable distance either with her crossbow or simply using distance kicks etc. Angel would fight Xena then (since she seems to be the lesser threat) and once he has defeated her if needs be the two of them will take on Hercules together.

Here's a short video with a clip of the electricity guns they use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkX1a0uKhGE

Here's a video of a taser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxaWixQQE0

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza said:

@beatboks1 said:

@ssjlozza said:

@beatboks1 said:

Mate a taser doesn't shoot out vast jets of electricity like something out of a sci fi movie. You say bending the barrel of a gun is a stength feat of 125kg? That has to be wrong as no real human can bend a gun and yet there are plenty of guys who can bench way more than that. Ok then perhaps he is a bit stronger than her, but that's not all that matters in a fight, Buffy thinks on her feet and if she realises that he is stronger than her she'll try and keep him at a reasonable distance either with her crossbow or simply using distance kicks etc. Angel would fight Xena then (since she seems to be the lesser threat) and once he has defeated her if needs be the two of them will take on Hercules together.

Here's a short video with a clip of the electricity guns they use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkX1a0uKhGE

Here's a video of a taser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxaWixQQE0

Xena is the biggest threat in this battle mate and Hercules can catch arrows so Buffy's crossbow is not going to be of any use to her and Angel stands no chance against Xena.

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza: @beatboks1: The electricity blast feat doesn't apply here because it was a way more powerful version of Buffy that was created by magic so there is no point in discussing it.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wwq7: Very nicely done mate. Great Vid.

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks Mate. :) I think it definitely shows that Xena would beat Buffy.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

@wwq7 said:

@cadencev2 said:

I don't know if it would show that but it shows that Xena is no push over like ssjlozza thinks she is. That one seems to think of Buffy like those insane fanbois of Superman say he is the strongest in DC Earth.

T1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By T1000

@wwq7 said:

@cadencev2 said:

I don't know if it would show that but it shows that Xena is no push over like ssjlozza thinks she is. That one seems to think of Buffy like those insane fanbois of Superman say he is the strongest in DC Earth.

That is not always true.

Buffy always had help from her friends to defeat demons and gods................ Xena has dealt with Gods, Giants and supernatural beings on her own. She Almost killed Hercules in their fight.. She smacked him around with ease.....

Buffy has bent jail bars and bent metal, true, but Xena can do the same, she has also kicked steel doors down and kicked three men off their feet at once.

Xena's to big, to strong and way to fast for Buffy.

Only thing I agree on is the silly Superman fanboys on this site.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By SSJLozza

@wwq7 said:

@cadencev2 said:

Hey I'm not a fanboy just giving my opinion which is that Buffy would win either of them!

T1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

@wwq7 said:

@cadencev2 said:

Hey I'm not a fanboy just giving my opinion which is that Buffy would win either of them!

How? Xena Is a lot faster. More agility. Xena has ran up and down walls before. even in one of the vids posted above showed her taking out gods without any help. Buffy always needed help from a friend to talk out less superior gods. Xena almost killed Hercules. I can see Xena soloing this fight.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First mate please point us to he vid... second the fastest horse gallop is around 25-30 mph, for a short distance too and that is usually achieved by racing horses. Thoroughbreds average around 35mph.

In the '73 Belmont, it was estimated that Secretariat hit 55 mph down the stretch. Again you can just google this.

There is no way that horse in that Xena episodes (I'm still skeptical) outran a thoroughbred, especially since, due to their cost, they would never feature thoroughbreds on Xena. Worse is that there are many instances where Xena never displayed that type of speed to rescue Gabrielle, her friend.

Sorry.

Firstly it is the average horse gallop of a horse not the top speed that that is 25 to 30mph . My childhood best friend was the son of a race horse trainer so I didn't even need to "google" that ( though I did to confirm It wasn't JUST race horses), I spent almost half of every school holidays in my youth on a race track watching the timing of horses, and very few of them ran that slowly.

Secondly Thorougbreds are actually not the fasted horses Quarter horses are ( and they were what was commonly used for warrior's horses in history).

Thirdly the horse had a good length head start as well let's not forget. When I posted that speed it was taking that into consideration.

Fourth I actually intended to post that in kmph not mph because my country is metric. Even so I got it wrong because the conversion would be more (mph x 1.6 = kmph)

Finally on one of the vid's loaded above I've seen 4 Xena speed feats that are far far better than the one I mentioned anyway .

@theonetaichou said:

Friend, when you interject yourself in a debate between other people it is always a good idea to at least ask why does one say this or that.

That is EXACTLY what I was doing. Asking you why you keep mentioning the feats against Callisto as if they are low when in fact they are high.

I've seen you mention Xena vs Callisto a few times like it's a low ball showing. You are aware aren't you that Callisto is a "multi tonne god" like those you don't believe Xena can take blows from aren't you.

The underlined while incorrectly punctuated without a question mark IS a question, that I asked of you

I mentioned Callisto because she was human, in fact my mention of Callisto has always been that she is a normal human who fought Xena.

But that's just it, SHE'S NOT. she is immortal and a god. in one episode Callisto fell hundreds of meters down a ravine and was completely unharmed. Her first appearance against Xena was the only time that she was and she did NO DAMAGE in that one. She next faced Hercules in his series offered a chance at immortality by Hera and took it herself without Hera giving it too her by eating a full apple from the tree of life making her immortal. Before she next faced Xena she had also eaten ambrosia making her a full fledged god. Every showing of Callisto vs Xena other than the first one wher Xena was drugged and still kicked he backside is against an immortal super strong super agile, super durable and super fast GOD. Of course Callisto could hurt Xena the closest thing to her in Buffy was Glory.

My opponent and I kept up the remarks that humans with no super speed and super strength have parried Xena's blows (such as Gabrielle and Callisto and the many goons on the show), fought her and punched her and made her feel it. No one talked about Callisto being turned into a demon/archdemon/god/angel etc. You might have missed that. Sorry mate.

Callisto isn't human, Gabrielle never successfully parried anything that wasn't a sparring session except when she had been powered by a god and no goon parried her ever unless there were several of them, and Xena was taking down a few others while one managed to hit her. Please show any of these so called humans who could even hit her.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonetaichou said:

Sorry.

Firstly it is the average horse gallop of a horse not the top speed that that is 25 to 30mph . My childhood best friend was the son of a race horse trainer so I didn't even need to "google" that ( though I did to confirm It wasn't JUST race horses), I spent almost half of every school holidays in my youth on a race track watching the timing of horses, and very few of them ran that slowly.

Secondly Thorougbreds are actually not the fasted horses Quarter horses are ( and they were what was commonly used for warrior's horses in history).

Thirdly the horse had a good length head start as well let's not forget. When I posted that speed it was taking that into consideration.

Fourth I actually intended to post that in kmph not mph because my country is metric. Even so I got it wrong because the conversion would be more (mph x 1.6 = kmph)

Finally on one of the vid's loaded above I've seen 4 Xena speed feats that are far far better than the one I mentioned anyway .

The American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) website lists the ten fastest times for the quarter mile (440 yards). http://racing.aqha.com/racing/dyn_content.aspx?FQD=http://www.aqha.com/aqharacing.com/events/allamerican/fastesttimes.html

The fastest time was set by No Secrets Here in 2006, :20.886. If you do the math, that works out to 43.091mph. You can see, still far below Secretariet. Or the bus Buffy caught. You would also know that different breed of horses achieve their speeds differently, while thoroughbreds usually adhere to the longer the race, the slower their final pace. Another caveat: at the various two-year-old in training sales for thoroughbreds, you'll get thoroughbreds that will exceed the world records set by Quarter Horses for distances of 220 yards (1 furlong) and a quarter mile (2 furlongs), but those records are not official times. The horses are timed from a running start, not from a starting gate, and the timing is not as precise as in a race.

If that horse in question in Xena was a quarterhorse, from 25-30m away from Xena it could not have reached that speed, quarter horses take longer (a little, quicker than all other breeds though) to reach full speed (which is reasonable considering 400m race (a quarter mile), that horse would have to reach 55mph in under 25m (taking that horse as one of the fastest qh's in recorded history under the slowest time you gave). Just impossible. And that is taking the very highest stats vs your slowest given time. This is not even factoring in that they used different horse breeds in the show so you cannot even be show that was a quarter horse.

Also you are wrong, read up on quarterhorses, they are a fairly new breed, Arabians, Jennets, Barb, Destrier, Palfreys have been used far more in history and considering the Hercules/Xena time frame (using Caesar as a guide) the Andravida or the Arravani. Not qh's.

@theonetaichou said:

Friend, when you interject yourself in a debate between other people it is always a good idea to at least ask why does one say this or that.

I mentioned Callisto because she was human, in fact my mention of Callisto has always been that she is a normal human who fought Xena.

But that's just it, SHE'S NOT. she is immortal and a god. in one episode Callisto fell hundreds of meters down a ravine and was completely unharmed. Her first appearance against Xena was the only time that she was and she did NO DAMAGE in that one. She next faced Hercules in his series offered a chance at immortality by Hera and took it herself without Hera giving it too her by eating a full apple from the tree of life making her immortal. Before she next faced Xena she had also eaten ambrosia making her a full fledged god. Every showing of Callisto vs Xena other than the first one wher Xena was drugged and still kicked he backside is against an immortal super strong super agile, super durable and super fast GOD. Of course Callisto could hurt Xena the closest thing to her in Buffy was Glory.

#sigh# again I mentioned Callisto BEFORE she went through the deity/demon checkpoints. Also she appeared twice as a human, remember the "Return of Callisto" episode? No one mentioned her as a more than human. So when she fought Xena as a human, she parried Xena's shots, punched and kicked her as a human.Also Glory is beyond her, or the gods shown in Xena as well.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonetaichou:

Ha ha Love it.

You went to all that trouble to prove me completely correct, thankyou

I said

That's easily a 35 to 40MPH feat ( for an average Gallop) up to 55MPH, as I recall the horse even had a 25 to 30 m head start.

You said

the fastest horse gallop is around 25-30 mph, for a short distance too and that is usually achieved by racing horses. Thoroughbreds average around 35mph

I replied

the average horse gallop of a horse not the top speed that that is 25 to 30mph ...........Secondly Thorougbreds are actually not the fasted horses Quarter horses are

What you've now shown with your last statement

The American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) website lists the ten fastest times for the quarter mile (440 yards). ........ If you do the math, that works out to 43.091mph.

So in essence you have now proven statements on horse speeds correct and your completely inaccurate. Maybe I should just let you make the rest of my case for me, your doing such a bang up job of making my arguments.

In any case let's be clear. Your now saying that quarterhorses are in fact faster than thoroughbreds and that the fasted times are much greater than what you stated they were and in fact in line with my statement ( since my statement was well below the top figure of 43.9mph your now using at between 35 to 40). I appreciate all the trouble you went to to prove my case. Also Quarter horses achieve their speed faster than other breads so no it won't take longer to get to that at all. And Yes Quarter horses (as a breed) are only from the last 5 centuries but they are descended from Arab, Barb and Turk breads of the area in question. Also I suggest you look a little closer at the horses used in the show, they are the short stocky bread of a quarter horse. The show was filmed in NZ and that is the ONLY type of horse in the country.

On your final statement, again I ask the question why you think Callisto is such a low feat??? In "return of Callipso" she was IMMORTAL. She was killed at the end of her first appearance. What is SOOO hard to get about that? She only appeared in the show as a N_O_R_M_A_L H_U_M_A_N_E once and got her backside stomped good even though Xena was drugged the whole time. As a normal human she couldn't even dodge a drugged slowed Xena. Nuff questions for you???

Just to reiterate how inaccurate you've been thus far. You said Thoroughbreds are the fastest horse I said Quarter horses are. You said peak speed of 23 to 30 MPH, I said that was the average ( I allowed a little more for the feat itself since she had to cover 25 to 30 m just to make the starting place of the . here it clearly shows that Quarter horses are the "kings of speed" and that they have been clocked at nearly 50MPH. It also has a standardized average fro a quarter horse at 20 meters per second, that's 72 kmph or 45MPH. The peak feat you listed earlier for Secretariat is just over 3m/s slower as a standardized average, or 11kmph or 6.8mph slower.

Finally please show me any feat of buffy's that surpasses the best speed feats in this.

At about 6 and a half to 7 minutes she reacts to and takes someone who has clearly much greater that hypersonic speeds and takes her down. At 10.5 to 11 minutes she catches a few and deflects dozens of other arrows fired at her. When has Buffy ever show to have near flight like 12.31, 13.30 or when she acrobatically leaped 100's of meters to teh ship off shore. She also fought a labyrinth of Vampires at 5.30 and faired every bit as well as Buffy. I'm not for a second saying that Xena is better than Buffy, I'd say more on a par. The thing is she is the weak link in their team while Buffy is the major player in theirs.

Also like to point out at no point in this have I even said who wins. I'm just trying to clarify some stances on both sides.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Yeah but I'm not sure what happened to the vid that was in that post. I quoted the post that loaded it before.

@wwq7 said:

@ssjlozza: Watch this video I made mate and you will see that Buffy can't beat Xena.

At about 6 and a half to 7 minutes she reacts to and takes someone who has clearly much greater that hypersonic speeds and takes her down. At 10.5 to 11 minutes she catches a few and deflects dozens of other arrows fired at her. When has Buffy ever show to have near flight like 12.31, 13.30 or when she acrobatically leaped 100's of meters to teh ship off shore. She also fought a labyrinth of Vampires at 5.30 and faired every bit as well as Buffy. I'm not for a second saying that Xena is better than Buffy, I'd say more on a par. The thing is she is the weak link in their team while Buffy is the major player in theirs.

Just so that statement is with the Video it pertains to.

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By WWQ7

@beatboks1: Why do you think Xena is the weak link mate?

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#175  Edited By Xanni15

Herc is a massive jobber at times.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By theONEtaichou

@theonetaichou:

Ha ha Love it.

You went to all that trouble to prove me completely correct, thankyou

I said

That's easily a 35 to 40MPH feat ( for an average Gallop) up to 55MPH, as I recall the horse even had a 25 to 30 m head start.

You said

the fastest horse gallop is around 25-30 mph, for a short distance too and that is usually achieved by racing horses. Thoroughbreds average around 35mph

I replied

the average horse gallop of a horse not the top speed that that is 25 to 30mph ...........Secondly Thorougbreds are actually not the fasted horses Quarter horses are

What you've now shown with your last statement

The American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) website lists the ten fastest times for the quarter mile (440 yards). ........ If you do the math, that works out to 43.091mph.

So in essence you have now proven statements on horse speeds correct and your completely inaccurate. Maybe I should just let you make the rest of my case for me, your doing such a bang up job of making my arguments.

okaaaay.... maybe I should have been more clearer... since we were originally talking about the AVERAGE horse gallop, I presumed the same case in my rebuttal of the top speed being 25-30mph. When I said the fastest I meant the fastest average horse gallop not THE fastest horse gallop ever. I meant average, but I did not clarify that. For that I am sorry, I should have been clearer.

Also quarter horses are racing horses so my point stands, I used thoroughbreds (I did not even say they were the fastest by the way) because that is what people are familiar with, had I known you were an equine fan I would have been more forthcoming with more detailed facts (as I subsequently did after your rebuttal) from the get go.

In any case let's be clear. Your now saying that quarterhorses are in fact faster than thoroughbreds and that the fasted times are much greater than what you stated they were and in fact in line with my statement ( since my statement was well below the top figure of 43.9mph your now using at between 35 to 40). I appreciate all the trouble you went to to prove my case. Also Quarter horses achieve their speed faster than other breads so no it won't take longer to get to that at all. And Yes Quarter horses (as a breed) are only from the last 5 centuries but they are descended from Arab, Barb and Turk breads of the area in question. Also I suggest you look a little closer at the horses used in the show, they are the short stocky bread of a quarter horse. The show was filmed in NZ and that is the ONLY type of horse in the country.

let us be clear... you said average(I even underlined it at the top of this rebuttal)... in other words what a normal quarter horse could do in a quarter mile. I showed you the fastest recorded quarter horse speed in lieu of the Xena run to show you that even if we took the fastest quarter horse speed (given by the good folk of AQHA) vs the shortest distance (given by you) it would be impossible for the horse, even if it was a quarter horse (which I still doubt) to reach that top speed in such short distances. The 43.9mph is for the fastest recorded gallop not an average horse mate, fastest not average. QH's achieve their speeds far quicker than other breeds, but not at that distance. No Secret Here reached that speed but in a far longer distance, and he was bred and conditioned to run fast. So no, no average QH is gonna just reach that speed in even less distance than the fastest QH in recorded history.

You said "Secondly Thorougbreds are actually not the fasted horses Quarter horses are ( and they were what was commonly used for warrior's horses in history)." I showed you that you were wrong, QH's are a fairly new breed. Their descent is not in question. QH's were not used in Xena/Hercules time frame as they did not exist.

Mate, people are still arguing about what type of horse Argo was, forgetting there were also Arabians seen in many episodes. So no mate, many breeds were shown on Xena/Herc stories. Here is a random search I did for horses for sale in NZ (http://horsetalk.co.nz/gerzanne/forsale.shtml), you will see that they have more than QH's for sale. Also the native horse in NZ is not QH's, it is the Kaimanawa. There is more than ONE type of horse in NZ (forgetting that the Xena show could have brought other horses to NZ but hey, let's leave that).

(1) On your final statement, again I ask the question why you think Callisto is such a low feat???In "return of Callipso" she was IMMORTAL. She was killed at the end of her first appearance. What is SOOO hard to get about that? She only appeared in the show as a N_O_R_M_A_L H_U_M_A_N_E once and got her backside stomped good even though Xena was drugged the whole time. As a normal human she couldn't even dodge a drugged slowed Xena. Nuff questions for you???

(2) Just to reiterate how inaccurate you've been thus far. You said Thoroughbreds are the fastest horse I said Quarter horses are. You said peak speed of 23 to 30 MPH, I said that was the average ( I allowed a little more for the feat itself since she had to cover 25 to 30 m just to make the starting place of the . here it clearly shows that Quarter horses are the "kings of speed" and that they have been clocked at nearly 50MPH. It also has a standardized average fro a quarter horse at 20 meters per second, that's 72 kmph or 45MPH. The peak feat you listed earlier for Secretariat is just over 3m/s slower as a standardized average, or 11kmph or 6.8mph slower.

Finally please show me any feat of buffy's that surpasses the best speed feats in this.

(3) At about 6 and a half to 7 minutes she reacts to and takes someone who has clearly much greater that hypersonic speeds and takes her down. At 10.5 to 11 minutes she catches a few and deflects dozens of other arrows fired at her. When has Buffy ever show to have near flight like 12.31, 13.30 or when she acrobatically leaped 100's of meters to teh ship off shore. She also fought a labyrinth of Vampires at 5.30 and faired every bit as well as Buffy. I'm not for a second saying that Xena is better than Buffy, I'd say more on a par. The thing is she is the weak link in their team while Buffy is the major player in theirs.

Also like to point out at no point in this have I even said who wins. I'm just trying to clarify some stances on both sides.

(1) In the return of Callisto... she was HUMAN! Mate just watch the show. That is the episode where she dies and begins the whole demon/god/angel thingymabob. She escapes prison and fights Xena, kills Gabrielle's husband iirc before she dies by suffocation in quicksand. HUMAN! The worst thing is you can just google the episode, or watch it online. again let me reiterate friend.... human!!

(2) Please quote me where I said thoroughbreds are the fastest horses! Please! I never said no such thing, this is a lie from you. I give you the AQHA for the figures of the fastest recorded gallops for QH's specifically bred for racing, you give me as a rebuttal a "An educational, fair use website" written by students, created in 2000. Yeah, I am not dismissing your counter but it is a tad inadequate to counter the 2006 AQHA records of No Secret Here (particularly damning is that all the horses in your counter website adhere to the v=d/t equation, and the distances and times are given except the QH which we just get told it has been 'clocked at over 50mph' and therefore their speeds are 20m/s with no given distance nor time). I am not asking for a PhD study, just something showing some impartiality. Inadequate mate.

(3) Mate, your (hurried and ultimate) failure to pin me with the pants on fire apothegm plus the inadequate website findings you gave has made me diminish my faith in your facts. Therefore please provide me with the video, a link, website, episode so I can go watch/read/study that particular scene for myself before I counter it with Angel/Buffy's speed feats. I am sorry, but people who try to falsely accuse me of things I haven't done, particularly lying do get me riffled up.

While I do admire your noble pursuit to clarify, I feel particularly you might, in your zeal as all men do from time to time, sunk this into plebeian discourse, as vulgar as that might be.

good day, sir.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By SSJLozza

@beatboks1 said:

@cadencev2: Yeah but I'm not sure what happened to the vid that was in that post. I quoted the post that loaded it before.

@wwq7 said:

Just so that statement is with the Video it pertains to.

Hmm I have to say that one character has impressive speed, although there is no way that she's hypersonic (mach 5+) I would doubt she's faster than 200 or 300mph tbh which is less than half the speed of sound- still faster than anyone Buffy faced in the tv series though tbf. But Xena herself didn't go as fast, and with Slayer reactions I'd say Buffy could definitely have won just as easily. Xena is perhaps a little more acrobatic than Buffy yes (although Buffy's leapt onto rooves and over 10 foot high fences like it's nothing before), but that doesn't make her a better fighter, Buffy would just find a weakness in her fighting style and exploit it straightaway. While Xena's doing a flip through the air, Buffy waits for her to start falling and hit her with a full power Slayer strength kick to the head, killing her istantly. Then Hercules throws a punch at Buffy which she dodges before using his own momentum to pull him over and then stakes him before he can blink.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By isaac_clarke

Hercules was a tank in the series. The guy could have half a dozen grown men leap on him to hammer him (hammers in tow when he went over to deal with the nords) and casually send them all tossed off like rag-dolls standing up. The same episode has him falling from the Rainbow-Bridge and tanking hits from a hammer that was sending him flying out of the house into the nearby forest - all without so much as batting an eye. The next part of this story arc features Thor getting beaten down by Hercules without so much as an issue after losing that hammer.

I'm sorry folks, but I just don't remember Buffy having anywhere close to those kind of feats in her series.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: Watch it again mate, Buffy can mangle a gun like it's nothing! She can run at least 45 mph and can overpower supernatural enemies easily. She's defeated a god (albeit a weakened one), Dracula himself and the oldest and strongest vampire to name but a few of her enemies. She's also defeated numerous uber-vamps including the first one to rise which was immensely powerful.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this even still an ongoing debate? Buffy could one shot Xena... hell, she could solo this fight as long as she doesn't have to fight both Xena and Hercules at the same time. Angel would have a hard time dealing with Hercules' strength until he vamp rages and beats him into submission. In a sword fight, I call a stalemate between Angel and Hercules but in H2H, Angel stomps.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By SSJLozza

Why is this even still an ongoing debate? Buffy could one shot Xena... hell, she could solo this fight as long as she doesn't have to fight both Xena and Hercules at the same time. Angel would have a hard time dealing with Hercules' strength until he vamp rages and beats him into submission. In a sword fight, I call a stalemate between Angel and Hercules but in H2H, Angel stomps.

QFT

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By WWQ7

@carter_esque said:

LOL Xena is too durable to get one-shotted by Buffy mate.

04:47 She break chains and kicks down a door so she will be able to hurt Buffy

07:56 Gets sent flying by someone with super strength and doesn't get KO'd, so how is Buffy going to one shot her?

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buffy cannot one shot anyone in this fight, Angel included.

Like it or not Buffy, Xena, Herc, and Angel are always depicted as the strongest in their own shows. Buffy is used to being the biggest dog in the fight. She is used to being the strongest fighter on the field. If you see her fighting a foe who is stronger she is often times helpless. The Master in the first fight kicked her up (Then PIS arose) and she gained Super Slayer powers after dieing.. because that makes sense given how her powers work right? Your telling me no slayer has ever drowned or suffocated in history and was revived? Stupid.

Fighting someone like Herc or Xena is not something she can solo, or even handle at the onset. They are stronger or as strong as she is, they are better trained then she is in most fields of combat and they can take a beating. She would fight well but she has shown when she meets a new challenge on her level or higher.. she fails. Remember she killed the Ubervamp with a barbwire piece but till then she was getting tossed around by it. She is amazing at adapting and coming back after a fight, learning from her mistakes BUT that is not available in this case.

Xena has snapped chains, kicked down bolted doors, jumped and thrown herself dozens of feet into the air and horizonal to the ground multiple times. She has fended off squads of highly trained soldiers, amazons, mercs, etc all by herself. Hell she went into the Bacchae layer by herself and survived (these Bacchae in the series are Vampires) and she not only fights them all, she becomes one and kills their creator a GOD while in that form. Yes Xena was killing gods in season 2. So no Buffy is not one shotting Xena.

And as far as Hercules he has survived direct punches from a god with not even a bruise when Buffy got punched by Glory (Who lets face it might be bad ass in the show.. she is just a hell god not a god of anything important) and she got bruised and tossed around like a ragdoll. Herc can tank those shots and can hit so hard as to send GODs flying ten to 20 feet. He is as shown in Young Hercules (Same canon) that he is trained in multiple military styles and martial combats. Btw he is FAR more powerful then Vampire Angel.Angel and Herc fight in much the same way with powerful blows and hand to hand. So in that face off it becomes a question of can Angel hurt Hercules before Hercules lands a solid blow on Angel.

Angel has strength higher then a normal vampire due to age but his strength may not be on the level of even Buffy who is no where near Hercules full strength. So can Angel inflict fatal injury before Herc slams a backhand across his face that sends him flying. Remember in the end of the series when the Senior Partners Liaison Marcus Hamilton who was even by the Buffy wiki called one of the strongest in the series. It was not till Angel fed from him and elevated his strength to that level did he beat him. So Vamping out will not change his strength that much.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By SSJLozza

Like it or not Buffy, Xena, Herc, and Angel are always depicted as the strongest in their own shows. Buffy is used to being the biggest dog in the fight. She is used to being the strongest fighter on the field. If you see her fighting a foe who is stronger she is often times helpless. The Master in the first fight kicked her up (Then PIS arose) and she gained Super Slayer powers after dieing.. because that makes sense given how her powers work right? Your telling me no slayer has ever drowned or suffocated in history and was revived? Stupid.

Fighting someone like Herc or Xena is not something she can solo, or even handle at the onset. They are stronger or as strong as she is, they are better trained then she is in most fields of combat and they can take a beating. She would fight well but she has shown when she meets a new challenge on her level or higher.. she fails. Remember she killed the Ubervamp with a barbwire piece but till then she was getting tossed around by it. She is amazing at adapting and coming back after a fight, learning from her mistakes BUT that is not available in this case.

Xena has snapped chains, kicked down bolted doors, jumped and thrown herself dozens of feet into the air and horizonal to the ground multiple times. She has fended off squads of highly trained soldiers, amazons, mercs, etc all by herself. Hell she went into the

Bacchae

layer by herself and survived (these Bacchae in the series are Vampires) and she not only fights them all, she becomes one and kills their creator a GOD while in that form. Yes Xena was killing gods in season 2. So no Buffy is not one shotting Xena.

And as far as Hercules he has survived direct punches from a god with not even a bruise when Buffy got punched by Glory (Who lets face it might be bad ass in the show.. she is just a hell god not a god of anything important) and she got bruised and tossed around like a ragdoll. Herc can tank those shots and can hit so hard as to send GODs flying ten to 20 feet. He is as shown in Young Hercules (Same canon) that he is trained in multiple military styles and martial combats. Btw he is FAR more powerful then Vampire Angel.Angel and Herc fight in much the same way with powerful blows and hand to hand. So in that face off it becomes a question of can Angel hurt Hercules before Hercules lands a solid blow on Angel.

Angel has strength higher then a normal vampire due to age but his strength may not be on the level of even Buffy who is no where near Hercules full strength. So can Angel inflict fatal injury before Herc slams a backhand across his face that sends him flying. Remember in the end of the series when the Senior Partners Liaison Marcus Hamilton who was even by the Buffy wiki called one of the strongest in the series. It was not till Angel fed from him and elevated his strength to that level did he beat him. So Vamping out will not change his strength that much.

Angel is much weaker than Buffy, but he's still stronger than Xena from what I've seen. Buffy is the chosen one and yes she is used to fighting enemies weaker than herself (cos she's incredibly strong) but she can defeat stronger advesaries as she has shown on multiple occasions e.g. in "The harvest" Luke is considerably stronger than she is at that point in the series and yet she still destroys him through skill and cunning. Buffy probably could one shot Xena if not Herculese, I can't believe you accuse me of being a fanboy when you obviously just can't see the truth.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

Xena has snapped chains, kicked down bolted doors, jumped and thrown herself dozens of feet into the air and horizonal to the ground multiple times. She has fended off squads of highly trained soldiers, amazons, mercs, etc all by herself. Hell she went into the

Bacchae

layer by herself and survived (these Bacchae in the series are Vampires) and she not only fights them all, she becomes one and kills their creator a GOD while in that form. Yes Xena was killing gods in season 2. So no Buffy is not one shotting Xena.

Angel is much weaker than Buffy, but he's still stronger than Xena from what I've seen. Buffy is the chosen one and yes she is used to fighting enemies weaker than herself (cos she's incredibly strong) but she can defeat stronger advesaries as she has shown on multiple occasions e.g. in "The harvest" Luke is considerably stronger than she is at that point in the series and yet she still destroys him through skill and cunning. Buffy probably could one shot Xena if not Herculese, I can't believe you accuse me of being a fanboy when you obviously just can't see the truth.

We call you a Fanboy because your stating she can one punch out Herc and Xena is just flat out not true. She has NEVER shown the strength to one punch kill or knock out anyone on Hercs level of durability and strength. She has never shown to be able to one punch someone as skilled as Xena in hand to hand.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By SSJLozza

@ssjlozza said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

Bacchae

We call you a Fanboy because your stating she can one punch out Herc and Xena is just flat out not true. She has NEVER shown the strength to one punch kill or knock out anyone on Hercs level of durability and strength. She has never shown to be able to one punch someone as skilled as Xena in hand to hand.

Buffy always finds a way to win though, and yes she has. Buffy is an adept martial artist with Slayer strength, how could she not be able to ko someone with (as far as I've seen at least) normal human durability. Whenever Buffy fights humans she holds back so she doesn't kill them, she kicked Riley (a highly trained soldier who was on performance enhancing drugs at the time) 15 feet across a room whilst holding back. She will annihilate them both in quick succession.

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By WWQ7

@ssjlozza said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

@ssjlozza said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

Bacchae

Buffy always finds a way to win though, and yes she has. Buffy is an adept martial artist with Slayer strength, how could she not be able to ko someone with (as far as I've seen at least) normal human durability. Whenever Buffy fights humans she holds back so she doesn't kill them, she kicked Riley (a highly trained soldier who was on performance enhancing drugs at the time) 15 feet across a room whilst holding back. She will annihilate them both in quick succession.

Xena, Buffy, Hercules and Angel always find a way to win because they are heroes. Buffy isn't the only one. You need to watch that vid again mate; you can clearly see that Xena does not have normal human durability. Riley was not a human, IIRC. He was given drugs that made him have superhuman attributes.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wwq7 said:

@beatboks1: Why do you think Xena is the weak link mate?

Xena lacks both the strength and durability that Herc does. She is more skilled but that's not going to make up for the large deficient in physical ability. So imo Xena is a physical match for both Buffy and Angel with probably greater skill while Her is well above both physically with mildly less skill. Having feats well over the 100 tonne range no one can say that Xena is above Herc

@theonetaichou:

1. The average speed of a horse gallop is 25 to 30 not the peak. There are a total of 17 sites that confirm as much here is but 1.

2. As I said the show was filmed in New Zealand. I live in Australia and believe me there aren't any horse in my neighbors country other than Quarter horses. every horse on the show was a quarter horse, they would not have imported horses for the show.

3. I see in re-reading that you didn't openly state only infer that thoroughbreds were the fasted. But then also on a re-read I believe you've mis construed my figures as what they are not. My original statement of 35 to 40 mph feat isn't a statement of the horses speed. It's a statement of Xena's speed. If she was 25 meters behind the horse and had to cover that as well as the 100 or so meters the horse did that would mean that she would have to travel 32MPH to catch 25mph horse or 36 MPH to catch 30mph horse. If it was 30meters that becomes 37 and 40. I clearly stated it mad the FEAT that speed not the horse.

I have too little care factor for Xena to waist my time looking for a vid when far better feats are already loaded, especially when I can't stand the character

Concerning Callisto, I've just watched a few You tube vids of "return of Callisto" and I'll be honest I've misremembered it. I actually thought that those were a part of her first appearance. Can't say I'm overly Surprised i hated Xena as a show and only watched it because my flat mate liked the stupid thing. The thing that get's me is that none one blow struck by Callisto in any of the vid's I watched even seems to do Xena any harm. Even when she was getting dragged by horses at speed it wasn't hurting her at all. None of this seems to be evidence of low durability or being harmed by Humans, it's why I said what i did that she never really harmed Xena as a "mere human". If you know of another that does show her actually doing some damage please pint it out. Her best blows barely moved Xena in these and yet Xena's threw her quite a ways. Xena didn't even so much as grunt, it's almost like it was inconsequential to her and she couldn't care enough about Callisto's blows to even block them

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

God I can't believe I even wasted those few minutes watching that crap.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wwq7 said:

@ssjlozza said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

@ssjlozza said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

Bacchae

Xena, Buffy, Hercules and Angel always find a way to win because they are heroes. Buffy isn't the only one. You need to watch that vid again mate; you can clearly see that Xena does not have normal human durability. Riley was not a human, IIRC. He was given drugs that made him have superhuman attributes.

No Riley was human but as you say he was on drugs at the time when she kicked him for six (he stopped taking them shortly afterwards). Anyway I'd say that's a pretty impressive feat, no real martial artist could do that. Xena has a lot of very impressive flips and jump kicks and such but it's mostly quite stylistic, whereas Buffy's fighting style is much rawer and more practical, nothing I have seen persuades me that Xena would beat Buffy. That's not to say that Xena's weak, as I've said before imo there is no street level character who can defeat Buffy because she's so resourceful and skilled.

TheMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza Look I love Buffy and Angel a lot, I mean a LOT I have virtually everything with their names on it even the Buffy movie.. god help me.

Buffy is a powerhouse for sure, and Angel is strong as an ox but Hercules is stronger then Buffy, this doesn't mean she can't beat him but it does mean he is stronger. He has also been thrown far further by an attack then Riley who was btw is superhuman albeit not as much as Buffy.

Xena can hold her own against foes equally or more skilled then Buffy which makes this no where close to a stomp for Buffy and Angel. Buffy wins her fights against stronger foes with skill, here she is fighting a foe who is more skilled and is skilled in the arts fresh not diluted through centuries of being mistaught and retold incorrectly. Xena as far as mystically is not as powerful as Willow but she is much stronger then Buffy.

Hercules can hit foes many times bigger then Angel ever fought and knock them a few feet into the air and back down KOed. He is stronger then Angel and he has taken hits by Gods and Monsters that would hurt Angel and he didn't die.

I think Angel and Buffy have a 50% at this due to their skill and working together. Their big flaw would be if one of them was hurt or on the verge of being killed, they would be distracted or get in the way to save them

Xena and Hercules are used to team work but not really with one another. While I think they would help one another if the need arises I don't see them making the same emotional distraction mistake.

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By WWQ7

@beatboks1: Xena has held her own against Herc, as evidenced in the video I posted, where she matched him in a sword fight. She also fought him in the Herc series and was beating him, until his annoying cousin interfered and distracted Xena, giving Herc enough time to beat Xena and that was on his show. Xena has had six seasons and towards the end, she took down an entire army whilst she has arrows embedded in her body, so she improved considerably. She also KO'd him, as evidenced in the video and he lacks the fighting skills to hang in there with Xena and he is too slow, so I think he is the weak link.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wwq7: Fair enough, I never really cared for either show and at best have seen a few minutes of some eps while entering or leaving my place because a former flatmate was a fan. I've never watched more than 10 minutes straight of either of their shows ( and it would have only that long if i was putting on shoes and socks in the lounge before leaving). I found both of their shows very childlike ( as if written fro 5 to 8 yr olds) but that's me.

I've just seen enough to know that Xena would match Buffy across the board ( and I've watched seasons of her show, plus Angel multiple times - even have some on DVD). The Little i'd seen of Herc (much prefer Sorbo in Andromeda Ascendant) I'd have though he was too much for Xena.

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By WWQ7

@wwq7: Fair enough, I never really cared for either show and at best have seen a few minutes of some eps while entering or leaving my place because a former flatmate was a fan. I've never watched more than 10 minutes straight of either of their shows ( and it would have only that long if i was putting on shoes and socks in the lounge before leaving). I found both of their shows very childlike ( as if written fro 5 to 8 yr olds) but that's me.

I've just seen enough to know that Xena would match Buffy across the board ( and I've watched seasons of her show, plus Angel multiple times - even have some on DVD). The Little i'd seen of Herc (much prefer Sorbo in Andromeda Ascendant) I'd have though he was too much for Xena.

If you think Xena and Hercules shows were childlike mate, you must think Buffy's is, too, since its based on a high school girl who slays vampires. At least Xena and Herc were based on Greek Mythology, so I can't see how you think they were targeted towards younger people. Perhaps I can agree about Herc: it was a more lighthearted show, but the Xena show was darker and had way more violence. You should really give the show another try mate. Many Xena fans think the first season was one of the weakest, but it improves drastically after and the fight scenes put Buffy's to shame.

Here is the fight between Xena and Herc and it was before Xena had her own TV series, so if she is beating him down in this fight, you can imagine what would happen if it were Xena at the end of her show when she took down an army and killed gods.

Loading Video...

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza said:

@wwq7 said:

@ssjlozza said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

@ssjlozza said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

Bacchae

No Riley was human but as you say he was on drugs at the time when she kicked him for six (he stopped taking them shortly afterwards). Anyway I'd say that's a pretty impressive feat, no real martial artist could do that. Xena has a lot of very impressive flips and jump kicks and such but it's mostly quite stylistic, whereas Buffy's fighting style is much rawer and more practical, nothing I have seen persuades me that Xena would beat Buffy. That's not to say that Xena's weak, as I've said before imo there is no street level character who can defeat Buffy because she's so resourceful and skilled.

You seemed to be impressed by Xena tagging the speedblitzer mate. If she can tag her, don't you think that will give her an advantage against Buffy who has never stopped a speedblitzer? Buffy won't expect Xena to flip over her, so she may not know how to handle the acrobatics of Xena and Xena has her pressure points which can kill someone in 30 seconds. I could say the same about Xena mate; she is resourceful and skilled, but Buffy always needs help to defeat her opponents and she is only resourceful enough to stake vampires. Xena is resourceful enough to beat gods and she is a masterful tactician, as she has led armies and taken down armies by herself.

TheMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wwq7 said:

@ssjlozza said:

@wwq7 said:

@ssjlozza said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

@ssjlozza said:

@perpetr8rmike said:

Bacchae

You seemed to be impressed by Xena tagging the speedblitzer mate. If she can tag her, don't you think that will give her an advantage against Buffy who has never stopped a speedblitzer? Buffy won't expect Xena to flip over her, so she may not know how to handle the acrobatics of Xena and Xena has her pressure points which can kill someone in 30 seconds. I could say the same about Xena mate; she is resourceful and skilled, but Buffy always needs help to defeat her opponents and she is only resourceful enough to stake vampires. Xena is resourceful enough to beat gods and she is a masterful tactician, as she has led armies and taken down armies by herself.

Buffy could fight her but the problem is Style of Combat. Xena fights like no one Buffy has ever encountered and likely never trained to fight someone so acrobatic and physically impressive as Xena.

Xena has also fought a den of Vampires in her series (They where called some other name) where she fought off dozens of them and was bitten by a Vamped Gabrielle who she didn't want to hurt. Shortly there after she fights and kills the god who controls them. I think it was Dionysus the God of Wine and Madness. Who if legends hold is one of the Olympian 12 (The 12 gods who rule as council Olympus) and this is season 2. So I would be glad if my fellow Buffy Fans would stop lowballing Xena.

Herc would be a dangerous fighter as he fights a lot like Angel but Angel has the speed. I think Angel might be able to hurt or kill Hercules but it would be a hard battle and if Herc got a good shot in with that staff he has the strength to turn a blunt pole into a stake. And enough skill to take a head

If this became about Buffy vs Herc then I am gonna go with Buffy due not just to speed but her strength is closer and she has the cunning that would give her the adaptive edge.

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By WWQ7

Buffy could fight her but the problem is Style of Combat. Xena fights like no one Buffy has ever encountered and likely never trained to fight someone so acrobatic and physically impressive as Xena.

Xena has also fought a den of Vampires in her series (They where called some other name) where she fought off dozens of them and was bitten by a Vamped Gabrielle who she didn't want to hurt. Shortly there after she fights and kills the god who controls them. I think it was Dionysus the God of Wine and Madness. Who if legends hold is one of the Olympian 12 (The 12 gods who rule as council Olympus) and this is season 2. So I would be glad if my fellow Buffy Fans would stop lowballing Xena.

Herc would be a dangerous fighter as he fights a lot like Angel but Angel has the speed. I think Angel might be able to hurt or kill Hercules but it would be a hard battle and if Herc got a good shot in with that staff he has the strength to turn a blunt pole into a stake. And enough skill to take a head

If this became about Buffy vs Herc then I am gonna go with Buffy due not just to speed but her strength is closer and she has the cunning that would give her the adaptive edge.

I agree mate. Xena has superior combat skills, acrobatics, more experience, defeated more powerful opponents and she is just as strong and durable as Buffy.

The vampires were called Bacchaes and they are in the vid I posted. They can fly; I don't believe any of the vampires in Buffy could fly. I wish they would stop lowballing Xena, too. I know Buffy is skilled, its just Xena is more skilled.

I think Herc is too durable for Angel to kill.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By SSJLozza

@wwq7 said:

@themethos said:

I agree mate. Xena has superior combat skills, acrobatics, more experience, defeated more powerful opponents and she is just as strong and durable as Buffy.

The vampires were called Bacchaes and they are in the vid I posted. They can fly; I don't believe any of the vampires in Buffy could fly. I wish they would stop lowballing Xena, too. I know Buffy is skilled, its just Xena is more skilled.

Well I agree that Xena is skilled but say that Buffy is more skilled, I'm not "lowballing" anyone I just don't agree with you- you don't agree with me but I'm not accusing you of lowballing Buffy.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza

Look I love Buffy and Angel a lot, I mean a LOT I have virtually everything with their names on it even the Buffy movie.. god help me.

Buffy is a powerhouse for sure, and Angel is strong as an ox but Hercules is stronger then Buffy, this doesn't mean she can't beat him but it does mean he is stronger. He has also been thrown far further by an attack then Riley who was btw is superhuman albeit not as much as Buffy.

Xena can hold her own against foes equally or more skilled then Buffy which makes this no where close to a stomp for Buffy and Angel. Buffy wins her fights against stronger foes with skill, here she is fighting a foe who is more skilled and is skilled in the arts fresh not diluted through centuries of being mistaught and retold incorrectly. Xena as far as mystically is not as powerful as Willow but she is much stronger then Buffy.

Hercules can hit foes many times bigger then Angel ever fought and knock them a few feet into the air and back down KOed. He is stronger then Angel and he has taken hits by Gods and Monsters that would hurt Angel and he didn't die.

I think Angel and Buffy have a 50% at this due to their skill and working together. Their big flaw would be if one of them was hurt or on the verge of being killed, they would be distracted or get in the way to save them

Xena and Hercules are used to team work but not really with one another. While I think they would help one another if the need arises I don't see them making the same emotional distraction mistake.

I disagree I actually think that if Angel got hurt Buffy would be more likely to go nuts and kill them both, the Slayer operates in part off primal rage and if Angel was getting battered than I reckon she'd tap into that. From what I've seen I wouldn't say that Xena is more skilled than Buffy, I'd say she's more acrobatic but not a better fighter. I haven't seen any evidence to persuade me that Buffy and Angel wouldn't take this every time.

WWQ7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By WWQ7

@ssjlozza said:

@wwq7 said:

@themethos said:

Well I agree that Xena is skilled but say that Buffy is more skilled, I'm not "lowballing" anyone I just don't agree with you- you don't agree with me but I'm not accusing you of lowballing Buffy.

By saying Buffy can one shot Xena is lowballing mate. Xena has taken down armies. Buffy struggles to stake one vampire, so I don't see how she is more skilled than Xena. She doesn't know any pressure points, she needs the help of her friends to defeat most villains, she's never tagged a speedster, Xena has and Xena has caught arrows with her teeth, so her reaction speed is better than Buffy's and her fighting skills are below par to Xena.