Angel vs Spike

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

we''ve seen it time and time again, these two have been friends,enemies,rivals,allies, possible lovers? Angel has been hinted to show physical dominance over spike for a century, but spike did beat Angel for that up of mountain dew, so let's end it once and for all, who wins? 

-morals off, both are willing to kill the other 
-no weapons 
-fight in a warehouse 
-both have souls 

No Caption Provided
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nightwing91

Angel, Spike won in Angel season 5, because Angel's heart just wasn't in it at the time, something he's gotten over.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By HolySerpent

i want to say there equal but the last fight they had angel wasnt really into it and spike wanted more 
Avatar image for terrybogard2014
TerryBogard2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By TerryBogard2014

Even when morals are on their willing to kill each other lol.but angel gets the victory

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HolySerpent

you know for this argument  im going with spike. i think spike either is his equal or suppass him in martial arts.
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Valtot

angel should win this with both determined to take eachother out and hes older meaning hes a bit physically stronger than spike anyway

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HolySerpent
@Valtot:
no hes not. there equal in strength.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nightwing91
@HolySerpent: Actually angel should have a slight lead in Strength, as there both from the Masters vampire bloodline, so age is a factor. Angel is around 110 years older then Spike, which means he's a slightly stronger.
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HolySerpent
@nightwing91:
age doesnt mean anything on the angel series only the blood you drink , age was the case then the "prince of lies" would stronger then angel
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Valtot
@HolySerpent:

i thought the prince of lies knocked angel clear with a push or something but angel took him out quickly with a weapon or something, age has everything to do with vampires as they grow stronger with age, but the blood they drink also has temporary effects on them but the age has a bigger factor overall
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Valtot
@HolySerpent:
sorry angel took him out with a stake but there was no indication that angel was stronger than him and the best example of age making them stronger would be the master
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nightwing91
@HolySerpent:  Not so much, it's age as well as there bloodline, angel is descended from the Master because Darla was sired by the Master. Which the extra years leads to a slight lead in strength.

And there blood drinking is important as well as shown as when angel drank connors blood, he was hyped and a lot more aggressive and stronger, and when he drank hamiltons. It's several factors that determine a vampires strength.
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HolySerpent
@nightwing91 said:
" @HolySerpent:  Not so much, it's age as well as there bloodline, angel is descended from the Master because Darla was sired by the Master. Which the extra years leads to a slight lead in strength.  And there blood drinking is important as well as shown as when angel drank connors blood, he was hyped and a lot more aggressive and stronger, and when he drank hamiltons. It's several factors that determine a vampires strength. "

only person they ever showed that stronger due to aging was the master. they really didint focus aging increase strength like they did in Anne Rice's novels
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Valtot
@HolySerpent:

its also the reason angel, spike and so on are stronger than normal vampires so thats more poeple
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nightwing91
@HolySerpent: The Master and Kakistos. It's also why Spike,angel,drusilla and Darla are all stronger then newly sired vampires. Age is a factor, as well as diet, and bloodline.
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HolySerpent
@nightwing91:
then how is buffy and faith able go toe to toe with older vampires
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Valtot
@HolySerpent:

slayers like buffy and faith are slightly stronger than angel as he mentioned but beings like the master are stronger then them and im not sure what slayers have to do with vampires going stronger with age as they clearly have alot more trouble with the older ones than younger ones anyway
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HolySerpent
@Valtot:
so slayers are granted 240+ years of vampires strength?
Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Valtot
@HolySerpent:
lol there just slightly stronger than most older vampires but the ancient ones like the master there not stronger than
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nightwing91
@HolySerpent: Slayers are imbused with the strength of a demon, she's only slightly stronger then Angel.
battlexlordx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By battlexlordx
@HolySerpent: they got there power from a demon called the shadow demon they are stronger than vamps like under like  1000 years they have power greater than angel and spike.
Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I think they fought each other on Angel a few times and Angel seemed to always win. Not sure about any fights on Buffy though (hmmm that gave me a mental image)

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HolySerpent
@nightwing91:
@Valtot:

well i still think angel is a way better fighter than all of them, and also smarter
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nightwing91
@HolySerpent: Angel is the most skilled fighter, deffinantly better then spike and on Buffys level. Now he's also faster and more durable then her.
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HolySerpent
@nightwing91: 
i think spike can beat buffy
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By weaponxx

Angel wins. He is the better fighter, and I would say he is stronger as well.
pcbh168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pcbh168

I think Spike would win. He's killed two slayers and he's fought well against Buffy.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nightwing91
@HolySerpent: Spike wouldn't beat Buffy, he ebat the other slayers but Buffy it different she's a lot more innovative as a slayer, and hjas her friends support even when she's fighting alone, which for some reason translated to her being one of the best slayers.
Avatar image for i_bomb_atomically
i_bomb_atomically

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spike nor angel can take buffy....period 

http://megavideo.com/?v=3Z86TLOR

26:50 to 27:20
28:20 to 29:39
31:08 to 32:20
34:20 to 35:00     

that should say it all
Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Onemoreposter

Spike, he's got two Slayers under his belt plus, the guy is just cool as f***.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Angel should win, Spike never faught Angel while Angel was 100% which to me wasnt really fair...

@i_bomb_atomically said:

spike nor angel can take buffy....period

http://megavideo.com/?v=3Z86TLOR
26:50 to 27:20 28:20 to 29:39 31:08 to 32:20 34:20 to 35:00 that should say it all

What does Buffy have to do with this debate?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By dernman  Online

Angel

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Shawnbaby

In all the fights that Angel and Spike have had in the past...Spike has only ever won once. There's not really much difference in their strength... Angel is just the smarter fighter.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Picard

@HolySerpent said:

@nightwing91: @Valtot: well i still think angel is a way better fighter than all of them, and also smarter

Oooo, thats why every time they both fought in season 2 of Buffy he lost every time - he only won once when Buffy was very ill. Smarter? yes, I think that 240 year old guy is a little bit smarter than teenage girl.

As for who would won - Angel or Spike: Angel have more experience and he is stronger - vampire lore state that older vampire = stronger vampire - but Spike is more ferocious fighter. I think they are more or less equall but considering fact that Spike already defeted Angel once, and he killed two Splayers, I would bet my money on Spike.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spike wins

Avatar image for breakingthrones
BreakingThrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BreakingThrones

Angel would win. The writers were originally going to have Angel win the fight vs Spike but decided that Spike had to win because of all the horrible things Angelus put him through and came up with the whole Angel's heart wasn't in it as an explanation for him losing.

With his heart in it Angel would win

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Could go either way. Depends on who's more motivated at the time.

ColonelSanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm confused. Morals are off, but they both have their souls? Isn't that contradictory? Souls essentially grant consciousness and morality to a being, so if neither of these guys have morals, wouldn't they essentially be soulless in a sense? Either way...

Angel wins. He's always been better than Spike. Although mindset plays a big factor with these two, with morals off, I don't think Angel will have any issue getting the job done. He may be seriously injured at the end of it, but he'd win regardless. Spike is just simply inferior.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm confused. Morals are off, but they both have their souls? Isn't that contradictory? Souls essentially grant consciousness and morality to a being, so if neither of these guys have morals, wouldn't they essentially be soulless in a sense? Either way...

Angel wins. He's always been better than Spike. Although mindset plays a big factor with these two, with morals off, I don't think Angel will have any issue getting the job done. He may be seriously injured at the end of it, but he'd win regardless. Spike is just simply inferior.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One could argue they are near equals, and this could go either way, however I agree. Angel felt the slight superior between the two.

DeFoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DeFoX

Spike is a better warrior than Angel. This is indicated not only by the victories over the two Slayer, but also by the fight with Kendra and sparring with Illyria. Spike really likes to fight, the damage he receives only motivates him. He is also very resourceful and knows how to find enemy weaknesses.

Comparing Angel with Spike is similar to comparing Kendra and Buffy. The former possess the best technique, but in the end they are weaker.

It's funny that so many people think that Angel lost because he was not serious. He was serious and wanted to win. Just for the first time in all their fights, Spike really had something to fight for. He believed that he would have the opportunity to be with Buffy, and for this he was ready for anything. Angel had no such motivation ... never.

So if the battle is for the sake of an abstract goal, the Angel will have a chance to win. But if the winner receives Buffy, Spike will reduce him to dust.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Angel wins in a serious fight. As in, if they are BOTH serious.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They're equals.