buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By buttersdaman000

Angel vs Predator

A new, mysterious monster has been carving up civilians in Los Angeles with the Angel Investigations crew having no clue as to what it is. After days of research and frustration, Cordelia recieves a vision from the Powers That Be. After recieving details from Cordelia, Angel and Wesley dive deeper into their research. Finally they come across an old newspaper article about a special forces team being wiped out by some mysterious unknown threat years back. They do more digging, even getting into contact with Dutch himself, until they finally discover what the monster is. Now with the knowledge of what it is and where it will be thanks to Cordelia's vision, Angel sets out to kill it.   

Rules: 
- In character 
- Standard equipment (Angel has a sword) 
- Thanks to Dutch Angel knows what to expect 
- To the death   
- Predator is blooded
- Both comic and film/tv versions apply for both characters 
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#2  Edited By Joygirl

Predator. Not impressed with Angel.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@buttersdaman000: Which Predator?
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Joygirl said:
Why? Do you know what he's capable of? 

@Frozen said:
@buttersdaman000: Which Predator?
No specific one, but feats from all movies and comics apply....but I think i'm going to restrict his equipment to the first two movies
TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@Joygirl said:

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@buttersdaman000: Is he blooded or un-blooded at-least?
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joygirl

I've seen the show. As tough as they claim he is, he's just a sort-of tough guy, not on predator's level.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Frozen:  
Blooded 

@Joygirl said:
I've seen the show. As tough as they claim he is, he's just a sort-of tough guy, not on predator's level.
I'm not seeing any reasoning but comic feats do apply here also 
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@buttersdaman000: Where does it even take place?
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joygirl

I've only read one of the comics and it didn't have Angel. I don't see the need for reasoning -- Predator will be stronger, tougher, possibly faster, and better equipped. He'll find Angel and vaporize him with a plasma cannon before Angel knows he's there.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Joygirl:  
......You don't see the need for reasoning...?? Well...smdh... 
I doubt the predator is tougher than somebody who can fall off skyscrapers and get up like nothings happened. I don't think he's faster than somebody who can dodge bullets and move in spurts of blur speed. And, if he is stronger, I doubt its by much seeing as how Angel can punch metal doors off their hinges and toss full grown men across rooms. Yes, the predator is much better equipped but Angel is prepped for that and he's the one who has the drop on the predator, not the other way around. Did you read the OP?  

@Frozen said:
@buttersdaman000: Where does it even take place?
Los Angeles, night time
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Predator. To my knowledge (though I could be wrong on this), that blooded Predators aren't as arrogant as un-blooded Predators. The Predator won't toy with him, he'll just get the job done. Predator's are extremely resourceful and tactical. That's enough for a win.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Saren

Predator. Not impressed with David Boreanaz.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Frozen said:
Predator. To my knowledge (though I could be wrong on this), that blooded Predators aren't as arrogant as un-blooded Predators. The Predator won't toy with him, he'll just get the job done. Predator's are extremely resourceful and tactical. That's enough for a win.
Thats pretty much what Angel does also. He won't toy with the Predator at all.  
@CitizenBane:  
But what about Angel? 
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@buttersdaman000: But what held Predator back in the first film was his arrogance. He could have killed them all when he wanted too but he didn't, he toyed with them. A blooded Predator should fight to the best of his ability. 
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Frozen:  
True, but Angel could easily have done the same. The only thing i'm unsure of in this fight is Predators equipment....to me, that's the biggest threat to Angel
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Xanni15

Angel should win quite easily. He and Buffy have fought tougher opponents than a Predator.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Joygirl

If you want Angel to win so badly, why make the thread?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Joygirl:  
Ha what are you talking about? I made this battle to see people opinions on who would win. Frankly, I dont care who the victor turns out to be but of course I have my own opinions on the matter. I'm waiting for people to come in and make good arguments that either support or counter my thoughts, not people who don't see need for reasoning lol 

@Xanni15:  
Dont think it would be that easy. The predator should be at least able to physically keep up with Angel and it also has the superior equipment.....
Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly this is not even a fair fight.

A Yautja, is stronger, larger, better trained, very possibly older, has better equipment and at least as agile if not more.

Angel never showed any real training with fighting other than being vicious and killing a lot of scared humans.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By buttersdaman000
@MisterWhisper said:

A Yautja, is stronger, larger, better trained, very possibly older, has better equipment and at least as agile if not more.

Angel never showed any real training with fighting other than being vicious and killing a lot of scared humans.

Can you give examples? 
And Angel has over 100 years of training. He clearly shows skill in every fight he has and he's able to keep up with, and possible defeat, Slayers, Buffy and Faith included. 
job2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By job2
@buttersdaman000
This is exactly why i only debate certain threads /never make my own. Good luck

@MisterWhisper said:

wrong

@Joygirl said:
I've only read one of the comics and it didn't have Angel. I don't see the need for reasoning -- Predator will be stronger, tougher, possibly faster, and better equipped. He'll find Angel and vaporize him with a plasma cannon before Angel knows he's there.
also wrong 

it doesn't matter if you folks aren't impressed with angel.  Hes faster stronger, and more durable. He's fought, beaten and killed idk how many demons dedicated to training , and fighting and hunting. Superior weapons means nothing to a guy who has turned fishing poles into weapons.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Job:  
Yeah i'm going to have to stop lol 
I just want somebody with a good amount of Predator knowledge to come in here and make his/her case....but it probably wont happen smh
Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Picard

I say Angel and here is my reasons: first of all body temperature. Predator mainly uses heat vision mode and Angel - like all vampires - is undead and because of this he don't have heat signature. And if you remember Predator lost fight against Schaeffer in first movie, because Schaeffer learned how to mask his body's heat signature with mud. Secound of all: speed. There were instances when Angel was moving with blur speed and even faster than human eye can see. Yautja are fast but I never see them moving so fast...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

Ok, examples then.

1. Angel is over 100 years old, yes. However he does not have over 100 years of training. When he was human he was a drunk and not a fighter. When he was made a vampire he was just a murderer, albeit a very sadistic and cruel one. When he was cursed with his soul he was definitely not training, and when he was fighting evil he was more going on instinct and natural talent with a supplement in training.

However, the Yautja are raised for one thing, hunt. They do not have a school they have training camps. Every single aspect of their society is based on around hunting dangerous game and gaining honor for it. They also live for a very long time, while some of the vampires in the Buffyverse are older than any Yautja, Angel is not. A yautja is not even considered an adult until they can kill a xenomorph on their own, which is around 60 - 80 years old. Yautja do not have other things taking up their time like a vampire does, all they do is train, fight, kill, and well brag.

2. Stronger is not that much of a debate. Angel is stronger than any normal human, that is for sure. If my memory serves me, the best I have seen Angel display for strength is breaking necks of demons and breaking down doors. Yautja have been known to knock over military vehicles, rip through spacecraft level doors and walls, and pull a person's spine and head off with one hand.

3. Larger is pretty obvious, Angel is 6'2" is, even the smallest Yautja is at least 6'8" or so, they are also MUCH bulkier.

4. Better equipment is also rather obvious, Angel carries broadswords, crossbows, and sometimes different kinds of swords. The Yautja Ki'cti Pa or wrist blades, cut through reinforced steel like butter, and heaven forbid that they have some of their specialized gear like the net gun, combistick, or throwing disc.

5. Speed might me the only thing Angel has going for him, and that is only in short bursts. Normally he is only slightly faster than human. Agility is about even, Angel is no gymnast but he is pretty agile, and Yautja jump and climb like the dickens but they are also bulky.

6. I did not mention durability originally but might as well. Angel is a vampire so as long as his heart is in one piece and his head stays on he does not really have vital organs. He does however take physical damage the same as a human, it just does not effect him as much. In Preadator 2 the Yautja was shot 7 times, point blank, with a 12 gauge shotgun. It knocked him down for a few seconds. A wound that would slow Angel down and lead to his death would just get a confused look from a Yautja.

Angel is great, I loved his show, actually liked it more than Buffy really. He is just outgunned here.

job2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By job2
@MisterWhisper

1. Angel is over 100 years old, yes. However he does not have over 100 years of training. When he was human he was a drunk and not a fighter. When he was made a vampire he was just a murderer, albeit a very sadistic and cruel one. When he was cursed with his soul he was definitely not training, and when he was fighting evil he was more going on instinct and natural talent with a supplement in training.

However, the Yautja are raised for one thing, hunt.

Stronger is not that much of a debate. Angel is stronger than any normal human, that is for sure. If my memory serves me, the best I have seen Angel display for strength is breaking necks of demons and breaking down doors. Yautja have been known to knock over military vehicles, rip through spacecraft level doors and walls, and pull a person's spine and head off with one hand

Larger is pretty obvious, Angel is 6'2" is, even the smallest Yautja is at least 6'8" or so, they are also MUCH bulkier.

Better equipment is also rather obvious, Angel carries broadswords, crossbows, and sometimes different kinds of swords. The Yautja Ki'cti Pa or wrist blades, cut through reinforced steel like butter, and heaven forbid that they have some of their specialized gear like the net gun, combistick, or throwing disc. 

They cut through bone not steel. And yes god forbid the predator gets all that gear that regular humans have avoided. Say... didn't a huge predator get killed by a yakuza member with a katana?

Speed might me the only thing Angel has going for him, and that is only in short bursts. Normally he is only slightly faster than human. Agility is about even, Angel is no gymnast but he is pretty agile, and Yautja jump and climb like the dickens but they are also bulky. 

I did not mention durability originally but might as well. Angel is a vampire so as long as his heart is in one piece and his head stays on he does not really have vital organs. He does however take physical damage the same as a human, it just does not effect him as much. In Preadator 2 the Yautja was shot 7 times, point blank, with a 12 gauge shotgun. It knocked him down for a few seconds. A wound that would slow Angel down and lead to his death would just get a confused look from a Yautja. 

Angel is great, I loved his show, actually liked it more than Buffy really. He is just outgunned here.

Coolest story of all
Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shawnbaby

If Danny Glover can kill a Predator...an almost 300 year old Vampire should be able to do the same. People seem to forget that Predators can be taken down by regular humans.

In all seriousness though...Angel has fought and killed things tougher than predators.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Ferro Vida

@MisterWhisper: @Joygirl said:

Angel for a number of reasons:

1) In all of the Predator movies the Predators have an advantage because their prey doesn't know what they are up against. Angel does know here. He knows everything that Dutch knew.

2) Angel, being dead, doesn't give off any heat. He doesn't have a beating heart. He doesn't breath. The Predator won't be able to detect him using any of it's usual vision modes.

3) All Yautja are trained in hand to hand combat, but they spend more time training to use their weapons and to hunt. Angel has more combat experience then the average Predator; he has fought in eleven wars (IIRC) and has trained in numerous fighting styles from all over the world. He is extremely proficient with a sword and can easily take a hit from anything but the plasma blasts, which he is more then capable of avoiding.

I think it is likely that the Predator would engage Angel in hand to hand. It's helmet won't do it any good, and he is obviously a worthy opponent looking for a fight. If a normal human is fast enough to take down a Predator with a sword, then someone who is significantly faster and more durable is more then capable of doing the same, and living to tell about it.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Joygirl said:

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@Job said:

@MisterWhisper:

However, the Yautja are raised for one thing, hunt.

Stronger is not that much of a debate. Angel is stronger than any normal human, that is for sure. If my memory serves me, the best I have seen Angel display for strength is breaking necks of demons and breaking down doors. Yautja have been known to knock over military vehicles, rip through spacecraft level doors and walls, and pull a person's spine and head off with one hand

Larger is pretty obvious, Angel is 6'2" is, even the smallest Yautja is at least 6'8" or so, they are also MUCH bulkier.

Better equipment is also rather obvious, Angel carries broadswords, crossbows, and sometimes different kinds of swords. The Yautja Ki'cti Pa or wrist blades, cut through reinforced steel like butter, and heaven forbid that they have some of their specialized gear like the net gun, combistick, or throwing disc.

They cut through bone not steel. And yes god forbid the predator gets all that gear that regular humans have avoided. Say... didn't a huge predator get killed by a yakuza member with a katana?

Speed might me the only thing Angel has going for him, and that is only in short bursts. Normally he is only slightly faster than human. Agility is about even, Angel is no gymnast but he is pretty agile, and Yautja jump and climb like the dickens but they are also bulky.

I did not mention durability originally but might as well. Angel is a vampire so as long as his heart is in one piece and his head stays on he does not really have vital organs. He does however take physical damage the same as a human, it just does not effect him as much. In Preadator 2 the Yautja was shot 7 times, point blank, with a 12 gauge shotgun. It knocked him down for a few seconds. A wound that would slow Angel down and lead to his death would just get a confused look from a Yautja.

Coolest story of all

Very true.

In the movie " Predators" I believe Royce was his name, unless im thinking of another guy, but anyways in predators an Elder Predator got its head cut off by a sword, not to mention this guy wasnt even a half skilled soldier from what I saw at all.... He spent half the movie running with a few other people trying to hide and hunt the predators down.... When he free'd one of those Predators that was tied up, he eventually ended up fighting it and cutting its head off with ease...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@TERMINATORXX: What? That wasn't an Elder Predator that got his head cut off.
TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@Frozen said:

Yes it was...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@TERMINATORXX said:

@Frozen said:

Yes it was...

No. It was a Super-Predator, it didn't even look like an Elder Predator. Nor was it even mentioned as one, it was a Super-Predator. Even then it was just shown as a clan member along with the other Super-Predators hunting Royce and the others. There were not any Elders in Predators.
TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@Frozen said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@Frozen said:

Yes it was...

No. It was a Super-Predator, it didn't even look like an Elder Predator. Nor was it even mentioned as one, it was a Super-Predator. Even then it was just shown as a clan member along with the other Super-Predators hunting Royce and the others. There were not any Elders in Predators.

Ok well then maybe it was a super predator, but either way, its superior to a regular predator which is being used in this battle...and as i said, that super predator got its head cut off by a sword....regular predator would lose easily...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@TERMINATORXX: Super-Predator's were far more arrogant. They were toying with Royce and the others.
TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@Frozen said:

@TERMINATORXX: Super-Predator's were far more arrogant. They were toying with Royce and the others.

That doesnt change the fact Royce cut one of their heads off because its more than proof a regular predator which is being used in this battle is no where as durable and will die alot easier.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By terry2012

@TERMINATORXX: Where does it say it was an Elder Predator?

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@terry2012 said:

@TERMINATORXX: Where does it say it was an Elder Predator?

It doesnt... read my above posts on my points I was trying to make...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@TERMINATORXX said:

@Frozen said:

That doesnt change the fact Royce cut one of their heads off because its more than proof a regular predator which is being used in this battle is no where as durable and will die alot easier.

Did you actually watch the film? Royce covers himself in mud and lights numerous fires so that The Predator has trouble seeing him. He attacks from different angles because The Predator is having trouble seeing Royce. 
TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@Frozen said:

@TERMINATORXX said:

@Frozen said:

Did you actually watch the film? Royce covers himself in mud and lights numerous fires so that The Predator has trouble seeing him. He attacks from different angles because The Predator is having trouble seeing Royce.

Yes I own the movie, though I only watched it 3 times...

It doesnt matter if Royce covered himself, Predators should be able to smell and scan and see that hes human, but thats not the point, the point is it only took a sword to cut the predators clean off....Angel has more skills and so on and Job has posted the scans to prove it.... Royce wasnt that convered in mood... The Predator still knew it was fighting a human and it failed at winning...

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By terry2012

@TERMINATORXX: I know what point you was trying making, but it was not a Elder Predator. It was a berserker Predator. A stronger version, more advance in weapons, faster than the original one.

@Frozen: I know what he was talking about. Just read my post to him.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@terry2012: Ok, Thanks for clearing that up....

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@TERMINATORXX: I'm not saying Predator wins anymore, due to the fact that my knowledge on Angel isn't as extensive as others. But I don't know what your talking about, it was shown in the first Predator movie how Dutch was able to mess up his vision. And as I recall, he hit The Predator several times with Predator's own weapon. Not a Sword. 

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Due to the scans shown I will change my mind to Angel.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By terry2012

@TERMINATORXX: Your welcome

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@Frozen: Ok after rewatching that video it looked like Royce used an Axe of some sort, not a sword ( my bad ) but, it doesnt look like any of the weapons predators carry...

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nick_hero22

Has Angel ever punched a military truck carrying several people off-road or caught a accelerated car on foot or side-stepped automatic gunfire at point blank range?

Physical Feats

PREDATOR: Cold War by Nathan Archer ISB 0-553-57493-0

Pages 208 - 209

For a moment the spear supported him; then the incredibly sharp spearhead cut through his spine and he slid down the shaft.

Blood ran down the shaft ahead of the dying Russian and he landed facedown in a pool of his own blood, cooling quickly on the ice.

The spear was snatched from his back by a shadow, indistinct figure and the second man down cut loose with his AK-100, spraying bullets at the barely glimpsed spear wielding killer.

The thing moved so fast it almost seemed to be dodging the bullets as it turned and ran back down the canyon. The Russian charged after it, bellowing.

Page 210

Someone, Pushkov or someone obeying Pushkov, fired; Gunin felt burning lines of pain as bullets tore through his right sleeve and through his arm but the pain was not bad, not enough to make him scream-- the spikes had already hurt him enough to deaden his sensitivity.

The creature holding the spear seemed to side-step the bullets easily.

Then it jabbed the spear forward, and Gunin no longer worried about spikes or bullets, or anything else as the thing cut his heart out with a single quick gesture.

After that, the alien disappeared, blurring into invisibility

Page 213

"I care about something," she told him, "I care about my men!"

"Yeah, I care about something," Schaefer said. "I care about the fact that when that thing's done with your friends, it'll probably find us. Do you have a knife?"

She blinked up at him. "A knife?"

"Those things are fast enough to dodge bullets, if they see them coming," Schaefer explained. "And even if you hit them, they're damn near bulletproof. Knives, well... they can dodge knives too, if they have a chance but I don't intend to give this one a chance."

Alien vs Predator War by S.D. Perry ISBN 0-553-57732-8

Page 172 to 173

The Queen continued in her bursts of screams, all but hidden by a mass of her minions, bugs jumping into the battle as more came out of the dark, running at the Hunters, the Hunters dancing and cutting like samurai-- both alien groups slowly, steadily gaining ground on the three humans.

Lara didn't think about it, couldn't, aiming and firing and aiming again, the bugs blasted into acid splash as the Hunters dodged and fought, and somehow managed not to die-- CLICK CLICK CLICK-- AND Lara heard Noguchi's weapon go dry, even over the screams and explosions, as chilling as terrible as the Queen's fury.

"The predator came out of the spaceship again, in full armour. Gustat had a clear shot, and the ArmaLite AR-50 wasn't a joke. He would probably make a dent in the Predator's armour, maybe even several dents. Possibly kill him, although the creatures reflexes were so freakishly fast that Gustat doubted it, not without a chance at a headshot sans helmet." - South China Sea

Caughts a subway train on foot and kicks in the windows and kills everyone onboard

Fast enough to evade gunfire and grab a scientist and manages to jump a gate that is several feet tall

Capable of keeping up with a speeding car on foot

Dodges a Bazooka at close range

Dodges missiles from a Helicopter at close range

Predators are capable of flipping off cliffs

No Caption Provided

Strong enough to toss around a adult bison like a toy

Strong enough to tear open and bend a reinforced metal door with effortlessly

Strong enough to throw a decapitated head through the window shield of a military jeep and knocks over the whole jeep

Strong enough to rip out a human's skull and spine, punch through a human and rip out their heart, rip off a human's head, and kill a man with casual backhand

Strong enough to walk right through a solid brick wall and destroy a scout helicopter with a couple of punches

Strong enough to punch a military truck through the air carrying five people and knock it off-road

They had careened through yet another curve in the road when Nikolai saw Marikova's eyes widen and she shouted at him, at them "There's someting out there! Stop now!" Rath glanced back at her with an expression that Nikolai interpreted as pity or disgust--and gunned the engine. Something shimmering and heavy hit Nikolai's side of the truck with a force that cracked metal, and in that splitsecond before the truck overturned and they all went spilling out onto the ground, onto the road, Nikolai felt something right beside his head, something that made a growling-clicking sound that made himscream, and behind it the sensation of great weight and the smell like rotting meat so that he steeled himself for a blow, but no blow came, just the delicate scrape of a clawed hand across his face, receding as the changed momentum of the truck and his own inertia carried him away from the creature."

blackpanther1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By blackpanther1

Predator if were talking about Angel. But if it is arch angel i think he would beat the predator seeing he powers are far superior to Angels and he has the healing factor and he has a strength boost.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By nick_hero22

@Ferro Vida said:

@MisterWhisper: @Joygirl said:

Angel for a number of reasons:

1) In all of the Predator movies the Predators have an advantage because their prey doesn't know what they are up against. Angel does know here. He knows everything that Dutch knew.

2) Angel, being dead, doesn't give off any heat. He doesn't have a beating heart. He doesn't breath. The Predator won't be able to detect him using any of it's usual vision modes.

3) All Yautja are trained in hand to hand combat, but they spend more time training to use their weapons and to hunt. Angel has more combat experience then the average Predator; he has fought in eleven wars (IIRC) and has trained in numerous fighting styles from all over the world. He is extremely proficient with a sword and can easily take a hit from anything but the plasma blasts, which he is more then capable of avoiding.

I think it is likely that the Predator would engage Angel in hand to hand. It's helmet won't do it any good, and he is obviously a worthy opponent looking for a fight. If a normal human is fast enough to take down a Predator with a sword, then someone who is significantly faster and more durable is more then capable of doing the same, and living to tell about it.

1) No, during the movies pretty all of the opposition was killed off rather quickly except the main protagonist who were viewed as a worthy challenge and were given a fighting chance due to the fact that the Predator wanting a equal fair which is why they disarmed themselves and tried to draw out the fight as long as possible instead of going for a quick kill. There was also a little WIS and CIS in the first movie such as mud masking Arnold's body heat and the Predator throwing him off the cliff into the water instead of fighting and killing him when he had the chance to.

2) The has a variety of visions such as Infrared, Ultraviolet, EMP, Sonar, and etc. Xenomorphs don't give off heat as well but are detectable to the Predator.

3) False, your average Predator is probably 400 - 500 years old and hunting is part of their daily routine and when they leave a planet which served as hunting grounds they spar and train until they reach their next hunting destination. In short the Predator hunts and trains almost 24/7 until they ascend to ranks of an Elder were they are no longer required to hunt since they have gained so much honor and political power in their lifespan. The Predator weapons are strong enough to tear through a tank with reinforced armor plating (2 inches of steel) with wet tissue paper and cut through the exoskeletons of xenomorphs (Drones, Warriors, Praetorians, and Queens) and the body armor of colonial marines which contains several layers of titanium, kevlar, carbon fiber, and etc.

4) Based off what I seen for Angel the Predator should take the majority since he is physically superior along with having access to a variety of highly advanced gear to dispose of Angel.

job2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By job2

Still with this? Angel wins..geez