Andrew (Chronicle) Vs. Movie Thor

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

It's the climax of the movie Chronicle with a twist.Andrew's gone berserk and here just killed his jerk of a father. He's now running rampant and Matt's shall we say preoccupied. With no one else up to the task and his fellow Avengers also out for the day, Thor takes up his hammer and flies out to meet the kid. The battle then begins in earnest. Who wins?

No Caption Provided

Versus

No Caption Provided

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Experio

Thor.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By reaverlation

The Monkey

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just for reference's sake, here's what Andrew is capable of (apologies for the abysmal quality, but it's all I could find):

Loading Video...

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Experio

@shroudofsorrow: Overall power and greater striking, and it would take many attacks for Andrew to KO Thor while only a few the other way around.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By never give up

Andrew doesn't have the durability to take hits from Thor. Simple as that Thor wins.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I could see Andrew winning

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonez_

Could Andrew influence Mjolnir in any way?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@dondave: Based on? Come on people, give reasons.

@experio: I kind of question that. Thor's striking is OK, but not spectacular. I mean, he failed to cause any environmental damage during the fight in Hogun's homeworld, and he only caused damage to the Frost Giant's domain in the first movie because ice is easier to crack and break than solid ground. Granted, he was able to one-shot a stone giant and decapitate the Destroyer, so there is that.

Thor's lightning on the other hand, won't do him a lick of good. Thor's lightning when not amped has yet to impress, though with any luck that will change in the Avengers sequels.

@jonez120: That's an interesting thought, and not one I considered. If Andrew could use Thor's hammer against him the way say, Magneto has in the comics then I believe he could pull a win.

@never_give_up: In the fight I posted we see him and Matt smashing through buildings no worse for wear. But having said that Thor's striking power might still be enough. He's definitely not one-shotting Andrew though.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Experio

@shroudofsorrow: Thor's striking is OK but compared to Andrews its much more than that, Andrews Telekinesis will cause trouble but Thor in the second movie showed he can take a beating from a guy who was on shotting Asgardian shields. His durability will allow him to stay up until he resorts to his deadlier range attacks such as lightning or Tornado which would put an end to the battle. It would be a good fight, but I dont see the teenager winning.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@experio: Good analysis, though again the lightning won't do him a lick of good. Barring his lightning feat during the NY battle where he used the Chrysler Building as a superconductor, Thor's lightning in the movies thus far is, to put it bluntly, abysmal. A blast of his lightning in Thor 2 couldn't even kill Malekith. It won't help against Andrew.

Other then that though I'd agree with what you said.

bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor was stunning Hulk with blows. Given Hulks strength its safe to say that a single Hammer throw or hit would go right through Andrew. Thor wins easily.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bgibs13390: His hits winded Hulk, if memory serves me right. I doubt he'd one-shot Andrew though considering the durability he displays in the above fight I posted.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Experio

@shroudofsorrow: Thor's lightning may not have been impressive but it doesn't have to be in-order for it to play a role in this battle, if Andrew survived a lightning bolt then I would agree that it wont do much good unless Thor continues with the attack, but if he hasn't tanked it or anything above then we have to assume it would take him down.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Andrew may not have straight-up tangled with lightning before, but he does have some good durability showings, and again Thor's lightning only injured Malekith, and that was Malekith prior to being enhanced by the Aether. Andrew's demonstrated durability is frankly better than Pre-Aether Malekith.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: He has good durability showings but nothing to suggest he can tank 1 Terrawatt of energy which is what a lightning bolt releases.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Fair point.

I will say though that Thor will probably throw his hammer before he unleashes any lightning, in which case Andrew might be able to use his telekinesis to control the hammer. If he does that he could pull a win IMO.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Of course Andrew wouldn't necessarily do that every time, especially considering how feral he was at that point.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andrew is an idiot and rarely remember to keep his shield up....when he gets overwhelmed or when he is shown to be offense he dropped his guard twice.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By never give up

How would Alex control Thor's hammer?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Bruxae

Thor would take it, and easily at that.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dondave said:

This. I really did like that movie, I should re-watch it.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@never_give_up said:

How would Alex control Thor's hammer?

His TK. At their peaks, Matt and Andrew were potent telekinetics, at least by the standards of LA characters. And there's nothing special about Thor's hammer in the movies that would keep Andrew from controlling it.

@dondave said:

This. I really did like that movie, I should re-watch it.

I think it depends on how Andrew chooses to fight. If he just goes out at it with the feral mentality he displayed in his fight with Matt, then I think Thor wins a majority for reasons listed above. If Andrew plays it smart though, he'll use his TK to control Thor's hammer and use it against him, which will likely see him to victory.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae said:

Thor would take it, and easily at that.

Agreed.