No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Silva, Tyson has no clue how to defend against leg kicks or a takedown.

The fact that it is in an alley makes no difference, Tyson is not winning a fight laying on his back.

Tyson only wins if it is in a boxing ring.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At 185 lbs, Anderson's only chance would have to be taking it to the ground. If Anderson's fast about it, he can win. Silva for the majority.

L. D.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At 185 lbs, Anderson's only chance would have to be taking it to the ground. If Anderson's fast about it, he can win. Silva for the majority.

L. D.

Silva cuts weight like crazy when he trains for fights. His normal walking around weight is around 215. So that would be the weight I'd take him at in a random encounter like this. I think Silva takes 8/10 in a street fight with his length and ability to kick and fight on the ground.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: The weight he fights at is at welter or middle. And his feats in his prime were at that weight too.

L. D.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silva breaks his leg on tyson then tyson one shots

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Silva breaks his leg on tyson then tyson one shots

This hurts, but it's also true......

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silva has more diversity but with the combos Iron Mike throws he isn't getting anywhere close to taking him down. Mike can throw like what 5 punches a second. Silva goes down like a little girl. Then Mike bites off his ear and adds it to his collection.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that it is in an alley makes no difference, Tyson is not winning a fight laying on his back.

Don't think silva would look for the TD. I am going to have to go with Mike, he is much bigger and the small space of the alley will help him a lot.

Depending on the size of the alley Anderson won't be able to kick.

I am not sure silva would look to take it to the ground but if he wanted to he could, the problem is he prefers to stand up. Will no morals he will most likely try and fight standing, this will end badly for him.

MIKE takes the majority!

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cregan_Stark

Without the ability to take the fight to the ground, I think Tyson has a chance. I certainly don't see Silva taking a punch from prime Tyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper said:

Don't think silva would look for the TD. I am going to have to go with Mike, he is much bigger and the small space of the alley will help him a lot.

Depending on the size of the alley Anderson won't be able to kick.

I am not sure silva would look to take it to the ground but if he wanted to he could, the problem is he prefers to stand up. Will no morals he will most likely try and fight standing, this will end badly for him.

MIKE takes the majority!

Generally speaking anyone as trained as well as he is in the ground game would look to take down an unknown opponent, because lets face it just about anyone can throw a punch and anyone can get lucky and land one.

What are the chances that someone will be trained well enough to defense a UFC champion level takedown, 1 in like 700 million or so?

If you are trained in the ground game and are fighting just one person with nobody around, use it, use it every time.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spambot

@llehdevil: Its really up to the op to decide what weight Silva is at. I'm just saying its fairly widely known that Silva's weight when not in hardcore training is well over 200. Even by fight night he is prob at around 195. That's part of why he was so dominant at his weight class. He is naturally a really big dude for a middle weight.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper

Generally speaking anyone as trained as well as he is in the ground game would look to take down an unknown opponent, because lets face it just about anyone can throw a punch and anyone can get lucky and land one.

He will not have any fear, he is bloodlusted. Going to the ground is typically the smartest and safest way to go in a 1 v 1 fight but Anderson is not going to be thinking about what is smart. He will try and swing at mike and we both know who will win that exchange.

What are the chances that someone will be trained well enough to defense a UFC champion level takedown, 1 in like 700 million or so?

Someone with proper training could easily stuff a TD from silva, he is not very well known for takedowns. Mike does not have that training and Anderson could take him down but as I have explained above, he will not try to.

If you are trained in the ground game and are fighting just one person with nobody around, use it, use it every time.

Not when you're Anderson Silva who is in love with his muay thai and boxing, even competing in muay thai and boxing matches. Anderson is a BJJ black belt and would wreck Tyson if he wanted to take him down and grappled but as I have explained above, he will try to strike. Andersone will go with what is most comfortable and with what he thinks can inflict the most damage, that is his striking.

Since this is prime silva does that mean he gets steroids?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper

He will not have any fear, he is bloodlusted. Going to the ground is typically the smartest and safest way to go in a 1 v 1 fight but Anderson is not going to be thinking about what is smart. He will try and swing at mike and we both know who will win that exchange.

Someone with proper training could easily stuff a TD from silva, he is not very well known for takedowns. Mike does not have that training and Anderson could take him down but as I have explained above, he will not try to.

Not when you're Anderson Silva who is in love with his muay thai and boxing, even competing in muay thai and boxing matches. Anderson is a BJJ black belt and would wreck Tyson if he wanted to take him down and grappled but as I have explained above, he will try to strike. Andersone will go with what is most comfortable and with what he thinks can inflict the most damage, that is his striking.

True, Silva thinks that he could beam anyone with his kickboxing, however they are not bloodlusted here, simply morals off.

Anderson is not going to go and charge head first into the stumpy armed stick of dynamite.

Even if he wanted to keep it standing Silva has a 5 1/2 inch reach advantage, and then you can add even more inches for his freakishly long legs, he will notice pretty fast that Tyson is not someone he should ever let close a distance.

Heaven forbid they get their own knowledge, everyone knows Tyson and what he is known for, Anderson is not going to get in there and clinch with him.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan said:

@misterwhisper

True, Silva thinks that he could beam anyone with his kickboxing, however they are not bloodlusted here, simply morals off.

Anderson is not going to go and charge head first into the stumpy armed stick of dynamite.

Even if he wanted to keep it standing Silva has a 5 1/2 inch reach advantage, and then you can add even more inches for his freakishly long legs, he will notice pretty fast that Tyson is not someone he should ever let close a distance.

Heaven forbid they get their own knowledge, everyone knows Tyson and what he is known for, Anderson is not going to get in there and clinch with him.

Oops, I guess I read morals off as bloodlusted. Anyway the reach advantage means nothing to Tyson, he can get in close if he wants to.

Silva either takes him down or Mike knocks him out, those are the two most likely possibilities, Anderson will not be able to stand with him due to the small space, he can't use his kicks very well.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kgb725

Why would Silva get in close with a bigger fighter ? He would try to kick the temple off of his face and Silva's power is underrated here plus he could dodge what Tyson throws because he clearly has much better reflexes

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silva.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c1a72900876
deactivated-63c1a72900876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silva has demonstrated he has a glass chin and can't take hits, where as Mike got hit a few hundred times by guys like Evander and similar large heavyweights. Hard call, but I give it to Mike. But, Anderson is far more accomplished as a fighter and would not be able to stand toe to toe with mike in a boxing match, so he would BJJ him with relative ease. Tyson doesn't have that type of training, he is a bruiser. Anderson could win that fight in less than 10 seconds, but he would also lose a boxing match in less than 10 second against mike.

Unfair to take the best Baseball player and put him in a triathlon champion. One is far more well rounded, the other is a specialized fighter who is much better at one thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaeljulius: Anderson Silva does not have a glass jaw. Please watch a fight of his other than the Weidman one. Yes, he evades a lot, but he has taken hard shots throughout his career without being knocked out.

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyson would rip him limb from limb.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You think an MMA fighter with 20 years of BJJ experience is going to step into the ring and tank hits from Mike Tyson, Holyfield or similar heavyweight fighters? Wow...that is just silly to defend that idea.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaeljulius: Strawman much? I never said he's going to try to tank their hits, I just said he doesn't have a glass jaw, which should be obvious to anyone that's watched him in more than 1 or 2 fights.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyson trained specifically to tank hits like this, Silva trained to submit people for the most part. He does have a glass chin by comparison to Tyson. This is a damned love tap compared to the punches Tyson took to the face multiple times by someone with 50+ lbs on that guy. Glass chin, on video, on record. One last bit, BJJ artists are not really at all trained for real world combat, the real world has no rules and there are a lot of videos online showing how BJJ Is the last art you want to use in a street fight. And for good reason, it is a sport fighting art, not a street brawling art. I don't care how tough you think you are, Silva is not going to hold Mike in a rear naked choke hold while Tyson bites right through is arm, jabs his eyes and grabs his crotch and yanks as hard as he can. BJJ doesn't ever work in real combat situations, only sport fighting. BJJ is only great if the other guy doesn't know what he is doing. If you have another guy who knows the art as well, you wrestle on the ground for minutes until one of his friends stabs you or kicks you on the ground.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaeljulius: Just as I suspected, you've only watched like one of his fights. Yes, he got knocked out once. No, that does not mean he has a glass jaw. I guess Cain has a glass jaw because Junior dos santos knocked him out once right?

Yes, Silva has a bjj black belt, and he could take Tyson down and submit him if he wanted. But standing he would wreck Tyson, he has never checked a kick in his life.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, that does mean they all have a glass jaw. If it happens, it happens dude. I mean, do you think they are all mystical or something? I am not sure what your view on them is, it is very clear you've not actually seen how BJJ fighters train or what the entire art is setup for. I don't want to argue or downplay your view, but you are kind of doing the same thing that kung fu supports do, but with BJJ. Like, its some incredibly superior art to everything. It isn't. It is a sport driven art that pushes cardio over actual technique. You'd know that if you actually practiced it. I practiced it for about 11 years until I saw my vet instructor get his ass handed to him in a street fight because he thought other people had to play by MMA rules when they get locked on the ground.

- bite the hell out of the guys arm

- punch the guy in the top of the head when he attempts a take down

- bash his eyes out, bash his head against the ground when he takes your back

- claw at him

- cover his mouth and nose when he is guarding from below

These are all things that render BJJ totally useless and it is why you don't ever see BJJ used in a street fight caught on camera. You do see a fast jab and punches tossed, with a soon after knock out, and you also see MMA'ers toss punches during the press release scuffles. Why? Because in the heat of the moment almost no martial artist actually uses their art. Tosses it right out the window, which is exactly where guys like Tyson are adept and experienced. Tyson will get taken down by Silva, but then Silva loses his arm, an eye or dies when Tyson violently smashes the guy on his back on the concrete until he lets go or stops breathing. BJJ is no good for street fights.

Also that bit about Tyson never getting kicked in his life? Thats bs. Dude is from the street and has brawled in no rules fights before. To think otherwise is just silly and you've not listened to Tyson tell his stories it seems.

With absolutely respect, as other actual street fighters on youtube have said, BJJ doesn't work so well when the other guy knows how to defend with a sprawl, and as all MMA'ers have shown, they just expose their sides and ribs when they do it and hold on for dear life because the rules of the cage in the UFC say you can't grab the guy by the ribs and jam your fingers into his lungs. That renders the most commonly effective takedown and core move of BJJ useless in a real fight without rules. There is no BJJ way to stop that from happening. Why? Because the Gracie family invented the art for sport fighting.

I put my money on Tyson.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaeljulius: What on earth are you going on about? I'm not trying to get into the fight, I'm just addressing the asinine claim you made that Silva has a glass jaw, which can be identified as nonsense to anyone who's watched him fight.

Please educate yourself by watching the above video. Ignore all the sparring sessions if you want, because they aren't going 100%. Focus on him eating punches from guys like Dan Henderson.

Grappling can be used effectively in a street fight if you know what you're doing. An untrained guy will not beat a bjj black belt/experienced wrestler because he fights dirty or will slam him on the pavement. True, a lot of things done in an MMA match are not advisable in a street fight, but grappling still beats striking in a street fight.

Yeah, I'm sure Tyson took kicks that were thrown with good techniques in his street fighting experience against bullies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol ok, You win dude, should have saw this was an " I know more than you, therefore I am right so just educate yourself" type of debate. I'll see myself out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaeljulius: Thank you for admitting you're wrong, if you make an asinine claim like "Silva has a glass jaw" people will correct you.

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mije_101

@michaeljulius: Tyson got knocked out by a nobody in Buster Douglas.

You post a video of a 38 year old, over the hill Silva losing, too bad Iron Mike got KO'd in his prime right?

Must be a boxing fan lol

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaeljulius: In the midst of something right now. I will dismantle your post later though.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyson knocks people out through 8oz gloves...

Morals off without gloves he probably pulverizes his hand and whatever it connects with.

Eh, I'd go with Tyson. One shot from prime Tyson without gloves will shatter ribs easy and give a concussion with a head graze. Silva's durability has nothing to do with it. He's never taken a heavyweight punch before. Any durability feats he has from his fights are from opponents whose power is seriously below Tyson's striking.

Then again... they're in an alley way. If Tyson falls... there's nothing that hits harder than concrete.

Probably Tyson for a majority.

Toy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyson 9/10. You can't take someone down without getting close to them and it'll only take one shot to put Silva down.

Even on successful take downs he'll still be hitting you on the ground and Silva is not choking prime Tyson out - look at that neck and traps, can't even get an arm in there to try. That means he'll have to break/tear/dislocated multiple limbs to finish the fight, all while taking punches and having chunks bitten out of him.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we all talk about the size difference. Tyson is much bigger and much stronger. Tyson has also been a kick boxer analyst. Saying he knows nothing about checking a kick is asinine. This also isn't in an octagon. This is a street fight. Tyson bit someone's ear off when he locked arms with someone in a boxing ring. Imagine what he'll do to silva if he takes Tyson to the ground. 9/10 Tyson wins. If silva were smart he'd walk away before his life ends.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@proto3296: Please show me a video where Tyson checks a kick. Thanks.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we all talk about the size difference. Tyson is much bigger and much stronger. Tyson has also been a kick boxer analyst. Saying he knows nothing about checking a kick is asinine. This also isn't in an octagon. This is a street fight. Tyson bit someone's ear off when he locked arms with someone in a boxing ring. Imagine what he'll do to silva if he takes Tyson to the ground. 9/10 Tyson wins. If silva were smart he'd walk away before his life ends.

Tyson just outweighs him, Anderson has 4 inches of height on him, and over 5 inches of reach, that is just with the arms, add even more when you factor in his leg reach.

Also claiming that Tyson knows how to correctly check a leg kick because he was an "analyst" mean absolutely nothing, you know why he was an analyst, because he sells tickets.

Tyson will be lucky if he does not get his legs kicked right out from under him.

Tyson will fight dirtier, that will be his best bet.

Both fighters are over rated, however, Silva is somewhat over rated, Tyson is very over rated. Tyson was just crazy famous, and moderately talented.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anderson Silva wins IMO, he is too well rounded.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a street fight i want to lean towards Tyson. How close are they to each other at the start? Within punching range? If Silva does not go for a take down right away I don't see it ending well for him. If he starts to trade standing up with Tyson hes losing quickly. Once one of Tyson's punches connects with Silva, if he doesn't get knocked out by it, hes going to be knocked out or down by a body shot soon after with the combo that's coming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@proto3296 said:

Tyson just outweighs him, Anderson has 4 inches of height on him, and over 5 inches of reach, that is just with the arms, add even more when you factor in his leg reach.

Also claiming that Tyson knows how to correctly check a leg kick because he was an "analyst" mean absolutely nothing, you know why he was an analyst, because he sells tickets.

Tyson will be lucky if he does not get his legs kicked right out from under him.

Tyson will fight dirtier, that will be his best bet.

Both fighters are over rated, however, Silva is somewhat over rated, Tyson is very over rated. Tyson was just crazy famous, and moderately talented.

Good points all around.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silva would absolute murderstomp Tyson. Only chance Tyson has in this is to land a hit. Which he wont...

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyson

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silva

Skyfather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@misterwhisper

So you have the keys to victory, but Silva himself does not? Tyson is much larger than Silva. Why in the hell would Silva "come out swinging?" Your scenario isn't at all realistic, and Silva is obviously going to attempt to win this on the ground if he is unsure of who his opponent is. In this particular case, he would especially want to go for a ground attack if he DID know who the opponent was. In either event, Silva, at that size disadvantage, is going to go for a ground game in this fight. No two ways about it. Saying that Silva is going to "come out swinging" at a man so much heavier than him is pure fantasy.