• 137 results
Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Brightsteel

My friend thinks that Obi-Wan is better than Anakin, and discounts the notion of Anakin having any emotional hindrance on Mustafar. So I decided to make this. Forgive me. :catprone

Anyways, Invisible Hand Anakin Skywalker vs Obi-Wan Kenobi. Anakin is actively using his rage, and faces no emotional hindrance. Neither does Obi-Wan.

Battleground is Mustafar, they fight to kill, version is Legends/Old EU.

@shootingnova, @silentbat, @dccomicsrule2011, @wollfmyth209, @i_like_swords, @erkan12, @jedixman, @thevivas, and anyone else I may of missed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Obi-Wan gets pretty much steamrolled. He's not on the same level as Anakin at this point.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

High grou.....

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Erkan12

It depends on their fighting styles. Kenobi's very defensive soresu / ataru hybrid style is a perfect counter for a very aggresive and kinetic strength based styles such as Djem-so and Juyo, same Kenobi also repeated another great saber feat against Savage Opress, and same Savage is strong enough to overwhelm Dooku's makashi as well, just like Anakin. And even in ANH, Kenobi was pretty good against Vader, and hold his own against his kinetic based attacks again, despite the fact Kenobi was far from his prime TCW / RotS.

In short, just because Anakin managed to defeat Count, that doesn't mean he is better than Kenobi, or doesn't mean Kenobi is better than Count because he did much better against Anakin and Savage. Differences in saber styles, all three were masters of their own styles (Makashi - DjemSo - Soresu/Ataru hybrid), that is the most important thing you need to know.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Obi-Wan gets pretty much steamrolled. He's not on the same level as Anakin at this point.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done Obi-Wan wins.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin should end him in 10 seconds, tops.

Ingyball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ingyball

Han Solos

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin wins...is this really up for debate?!?!?

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brightsteel:

Your friends wrong. Obi is maybe two or three tiers below Dooku. Anakin is either the same tier, or a tier even above that

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Kenobi already beat him once, then let himself die when facing him again. Anakin can't take a serious Kenobi in a fight.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin dominates him. The best Kenobi could hope for is to last, he can't really fight back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin does win, but it's not a stomp, lol. Anakin wont be bypassing Kenobi's blade defenses and if Kenobi starts using his environment to his advantage, which is possible, he'll most likely win. It'd be close, but Anakin's chances of winning are higher than Kenobi's, due to his superior force powers. Anakin 8/10. Not sure why Kenobi is underestimated so much here.

Avatar image for theflashisaboveall
theflashisaboveall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin decisively.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

My friend thinks that Obi-Wan is better than Anakin, and discounts the notion of Anakin having any emotional hindrance on Mustafar. So I decided to make this. Forgive me. :catprone

Anyways, Invisible Hand Anakin Skywalker vs Obi-Wan Kenobi. Anakin is actively using his rage, and faces no emotional hindrance. Neither does Obi-Wan.

Battleground is Mustafar, they fight to kill, version is Legends/Old EU.

@shootingnova, @silentbat, @dccomicsrule2011, @wollfmyth209, @i_like_swords, @erkan12, @jedixman, @thevivas, and anyone else I may of missed.

anakin was stated to be at the level of mace windu by the fight choreographer of revenge of the sith and stated to be a tier above obi wan, obi wan beat anakin due to he fought an ankin who lost control of his anger, the anakin who curbstomped dooku was in complete control of his emotions, that anakin could arguably contend with yoda and mace, for a viewing of an in control anakin, watch anakin control the son and the daughter of mortis, anakin's problem was he was inconsistent and inexperienced and when he bace darth vader he was held back by the guilt of his actions as well as the lack of human limbs

Avatar image for itachi_totsukablitz
Itachi_Totsukablitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anankin wins comfortably.Kenobi can last for a little while with his Soresu though.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jar Jar Binks solostomps

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin wins via the force, as for sabers only I think they would be pretty even.

Chiraq_windy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin is just better and would win and or stomp if he wanted to.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthSamburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just read my blog on it, lol. Not as well written as it could be but I think it conveys the point. I'm just too tired to be doing this over and over.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin wins, but not through any kind of stomp. His hinderance wasn't that significant where he made himself a bumbling baboon. They were still comparable in skill, only one-tier away from each other. And Anakin only achieve tier-nine at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith. He wasn't in it solidly or anything like that. He wasn't a solid nine.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By alextheboss

Anakin in a good fight. The only reason he wins in this case is because he will be able to use to force better. I think Obi-wan is skilled enough and calm enough to actually beat Anakin in a straight saber duel, but Anakin is a lot stronger in the force which gives him the advantage.

sXe619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin wins, but not through any kind of stomp. His hinderance wasn't that significant where he made himself a bumbling baboon. They were still comparable in skill, only one-tier away from each other. And Anakin only achieve tier-nine at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith. He wasn't in it solidly or anything like that. He wasn't a solid nine.

freesid_stf123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost forgot to read the OP. Anakin grinds Obiwan into a pulp, since he is using his rage.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Bro, with rage, he completely obliterated Dooku - Obi is getting paced here.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi finds the higher ground. gg no re.

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to Nick Gillard, RotS Anakin was a tier 9 duelist, while Obi-Wan was a tier 8, and although that sounds close, the difference between a tier 8 and a tier 9 duelist is tremendous. Were it not for his emotional state clouding his judgement, Anakin would have obliterated Obi-Wan, even with the latter's familiarity of Anakin's fighting style.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Erkan12

@reactor: Why are you overlooking the other quote what was from the same person ?

''They just match each other perfectly.'' - Nick Gillard.

Obviously Gillard isn't sure what he is saying on this matter. Then we've a canon source like Dark Disciple where says that TCW Obi-Wan = TCW Anakin, and we've other sources like the RotS novel and the comic book, where Yoda says that RotS Obi-Wan can defeat RotS Anakin.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

@reactor: Why are you overlooking the other quote what was from the same person ?

Obviously Gillard isn't sure what he is saying on this matter. Then we've a canon source like Dark Disciple where says that TCW Obi-Wan = TCW Anakin, and we've other sources like the RotS novel and the comic book, where Yoda says that RotS Obi-Wan can defeat RotS Anakin.

I didn't overlook anything. I came in here and said my piece.

On your note, the two citations aren't contradictions. Anakin being more powerful than Obi-Wan does not mean they weren't a match for each other, because the latter implies a much deeper and more varied criteria than simple strength against strength. However, canon sources also stated Anakin lost to Obi-Wan - not because Obi-Wan was more powerful nor because he was more skilled - but because Anakin's emotional state and warped judgments were turned against him.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:
@erkan12 said:

On your note, the two citations aren't contradictions. Anakin being more powerful than Obi-Wan does not mean they weren't a match for each other, because the latter implies a much deeper and more varied criteria than simple strength against strength. However, canon sources also stated Anakin lost to Obi-Wan - not because Obi-Wan was more powerful nor because he was more skilled - but because Anakin's emotional state and warped judgments were turned against him.

Dont waste your breath, Erkan fully feels Obi Wan and Anakin are equals in everyway lol.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi Wan wins because he's got the high ground

Anakin wins handily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh right this is Anakin with rage? Kenobi lasts with Soresu but Anakin does win. Under normal circumstances it can go 50/50.

true_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan.

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin with rage wins but after a fairly long fight.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Erkan12

@reactor said:

Yes you did, when you just presented a part of the same quote, while there are more than that.

Contradicts or not, if Gillard said that ''they perfectly match each other'' then they are.

I never said Obi-Wan won because he was more powerful, I said they were portrayed as equals according to other respectable sources, and they are equals.

@sirfizzwhizz said:

Dont waste your breath, Erkan fully feels Obi Wan and Anakin are equals in everyway lol.

I never said ''equals in every way'' , stop making up things and stop behaving like a kid for once, they are different type of fighters, but as I know you, you will never understand this fact and you will still continue to use your hilarious ABC logic.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By reactor
@erkan12 said:
@reactor said:

Yes you did, when you just presented a part of the same quote, while there are more than that.

Contradicts or not, if Gillard said that ''they perfectly match each other'' then they are.

I never said Obi-Wan won because he was more powerful, I said they were portrayed as equals according to other respectable sources, and they are equals.

@sirfizzwhizz said:

I never said ''equals in every way'' , stop making up things and stop behaving like a kid for once, they are different type of fighters, but as I know you, you will never understand this fact and you will still continue to use your hilarious ABC logic.

Uh, no, I didn't. A partial quotation is not a practice of ignorance.

But while we're on the topic, funny you should mention "partial quotations", considering "they perfectly match each other" itself is a partial quotation, and in truth, it only arguably supports your perception. Want me to quote it in full?

"“It was a challenge with the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight, because we had to work out how you would fight somebody when it’s like fighting yourself. We did loads of sections where exactly that happened- where they just couldn’t get through because they match each other perfectly."

Do you know what the implications are here? There are at least two additional avenues to consider.

For one, Gillard was referring to the choreographed mechanics of the fight. His statement wasn't a reflection of Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting, but of Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor matching each other perfectly. We already know Lightsaber forms and styles are purely in the Expanded Universe, no films have addressed or implied that the Jedi have various forms of fighting. For all intents and purposes, they all fight identically. The fact that Nick Gillard stated they had difficulties - "sections where [...] they just couldn't get through" - could just as arguably be an indication of the identically choreographed maneuvers of both characters, that it was the paralleled prowess of the actors themselves that Gillard was referencing to be a perfect match.

Take the approach that he did mean the characters; why did they match perfectly? Because it was like each was fighting the other, namely, "we had to work out how you would fight somebody when it's like fighting yourself". In supplementary material for the Revenge of the Sith film, it was stated that Obi-Wan and Anakin both became like brothers, and from that time to times prior, they had grown and developed together so closely that they intimately knew each others fighting styles, methods, maneuvers and forms. His quotation could then potentially be an indication that they were so evenly matched because they were so close as individuals. They both (more or less) knew everything about the other, better than anyone else. They knew each others moves. They were perfectly matched.

Both of these conclusions are unified in that neither imply that Obi-Wan and Anakin were equals. In fact, I can't recall any statement, in context or out, that ever implied that Obi-Wan was equally powerful to Anakin.

XTrojanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-wan goes afk, high ground oneshots Anakin.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: Other than Gillard's statement ? Sure, in the new canon, both Quinlan Vos and Yoda stated that they are equals.

He had wondered how it was that both Kenobi, a superb fighter, and Anakin, who was also excellent though a bit reckless, had been unable to take her down.

--- Source : Dark Disciple

No Caption Provided

Yoda : Just as your apprentice, Master Kenobi will destroy !

---- Source : Revenge of the Sith Graphic Novel

And from the novel,

"Why? Why matters not. There is no why. There is only a Lord of the Sith, and his apprentice. Two Sith." Yoda leaned close. "And two Jedi."

Obi-Wan nodded, but he still couldn't meet the gaze of the ancient

Master. "I'll take Palpatine."

"Strong enough to face Lord Sidious, you will never be. Die you will, and painfully."

"Don't make me kill Anakin," he said. "He's like my brother, Master."

"The boy you trained, gone he is-twisted by the dark side. Consumed by Darth Vader. Out of this misery, you must put him. To visit our new Emperor, my job will be."

(...)

The holopresence faded, and where its huge translucency had knelt was now revealed another presence, a physical presence, tiny and aged, clad in robes and leaning on a twist of wood. But his physical presence was an illusion; the truth of him could be seen only in the Force.

In the Force, he was a fountain of light. "Pity your new disciple I do; so lately an apprentice, so soon without a Master."

"Why, Master Yoda, what a delightful surprise! Welcome!" The voice of the shadow hummed with anticipation. "Let me be the first to wish you Happy Empire Day!"

"Find it happy, you will not. Nor will the murderer you call Vader."

"Ah." The shadow stepped closer to the light. "So that is the threat I felt. Who is it, if I may ask? Who have you sent to kill him?"

"Enough it is that you know your own destroyer."

"Oh, pish, Master Yoda. It wouldn't be Kenobi, would it? Please say it's Kenobi, Lord Vader gets such a thrill from killing people who care for him ..."

Behind the shadow, some meters away, Mas Amedda, the Chagrian toady who was Speaker of the Galactic Senate-heard a whisper in Palpatine's voice. Flee. He did.

Neither light nor shadow gave his exit a glance.

"So easily slain, Obi-Wan is not."

"Neither are you, apparently; but that is about to change." The shadow took another step, and another. A lightsaber appeared, green as sunlight in a forest. "The test of that, today will be."

"Even a fraction of the dark side is more power than your Jedi arrogance can conceive; living in the light, you have never seen the depth of the darkness." The shadow spread arms that made its sleeves into black wings.

"Until now."

--- Source : Revenge of the Sith Novelization

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi already beat him once, then let himself die when facing him again. Anakin can't take a serious Kenobi in a fight.

Killermovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Killermovies

Anakin lacks the high ground

Jk but Obi Did give Anakin a good fight in the movie

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

@reactor: Other than Gillard's statement ? Sure, in the new canon, both Quinlan Vos and Yoda stated that they are equals.

He had wondered how it was that both Kenobi, a superb fighter, and Anakin, who was also excellent though a bit reckless, had been unable to take her down.

--- Source : Dark Disciple

No Caption Provided

Yoda : Just as your apprentice, Master Kenobi will destroy !

---- Source : Revenge of the Sith Graphic Novel

And from the novel,

"Why? Why matters not. There is no why. There is only a Lord of the Sith, and his apprentice. Two Sith." Yoda leaned close. "And two Jedi."

Obi-Wan nodded, but he still couldn't meet the gaze of the ancient

Master. "I'll take Palpatine."

"Strong enough to face Lord Sidious, you will never be. Die you will, and painfully."

"Don't make me kill Anakin," he said. "He's like my brother, Master."

"The boy you trained, gone he is-twisted by the dark side. Consumed by Darth Vader. Out of this misery, you must put him. To visit our new Emperor, my job will be."

(...)

The holopresence faded, and where its huge translucency had knelt was now revealed another presence, a physical presence, tiny and aged, clad in robes and leaning on a twist of wood. But his physical presence was an illusion; the truth of him could be seen only in the Force.

In the Force, he was a fountain of light. "Pity your new disciple I do; so lately an apprentice, so soon without a Master."

"Why, Master Yoda, what a delightful surprise! Welcome!" The voice of the shadow hummed with anticipation. "Let me be the first to wish you Happy Empire Day!"

"Find it happy, you will not. Nor will the murderer you call Vader."

"Ah." The shadow stepped closer to the light. "So that is the threat I felt. Who is it, if I may ask? Who have you sent to kill him?"

"Enough it is that you know your own destroyer."

"Oh, pish, Master Yoda. It wouldn't be Kenobi, would it? Please say it's Kenobi, Lord Vader gets such a thrill from killing people who care for him ..."

Behind the shadow, some meters away, Mas Amedda, the Chagrian toady who was Speaker of the Galactic Senate-heard a whisper in Palpatine's voice. Flee. He did.

Neither light nor shadow gave his exit a glance.

"So easily slain, Obi-Wan is not."

"Neither are you, apparently; but that is about to change." The shadow took another step, and another. A lightsaber appeared, green as sunlight in a forest. "The test of that, today will be."

"Even a fraction of the dark side is more power than your Jedi arrogance can conceive; living in the light, you have never seen the depth of the darkness." The shadow spread arms that made its sleeves into black wings.

"Until now."

--- Source : Revenge of the Sith Novelization

All of those statements imply either that Obi-Wan was a good fighter or that he could have beaten Anakin, both of which were true. He was a match for him due to several supplementary factors. None of them support the idea that Obi-Wan was equal to Anakin, nor that he was as powerful.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Erkan12

@reactor said:

All of those statements imply either that Obi-Wan was a good fighter or that he could have beaten Anakin, both of which were true. He was a match for him due to several supplementary factors. None of them support the idea that Obi-Wan was equal to Anakin, nor that he was as powerful.

It's hard for me to understand that how Vos' description about Anakin ''who was also excellent, though a little reckless'' doesn't mean that they are equals or even Kenobi is better, or Yoda's statements that ''Master Kenobi will destroy!'' , ''Find it happy, you will not. Nor will the murderer you call Vader.'' doesn't mean Kenobi is at least equal to him or even better...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

LMAO @ Yoda claiming that Obi-Wan would destroy Anakin meaning anything.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Erkan12

@shootingnova: Considering that Yoda was very realistic about the possible Obi-Wan vs. Sidious matchup ; ''Strong enough to face Lord Sidious, you will never be. Die you will, and painfully.'' yeah, I think he is a very good source.