Anakin Skywalker vs Luke Skywalker (Read OP)

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

@shootingnova: Out of curiosity, why do you think Anakin and Luke are even in the versatility department? Anakin is a fairly average telepathic user to my knowledge, while Luke - even at this stage was able to cause Vade pain with TP, and manipulate the minds of people who can, by applying logical inference, should has a fairly strong mind. I don't recall Anakin displaing powers such as deflection, or absorption either -neither does he know astrogate.

I'm just trying to play Devil's Advocate here lol.

As for Anakin being hindered, I have no clue, as I didn't read the OP as well as I should, lol.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By ShootingNova

@dccomicsrule2011: I've heard Intrepid tell me that Anakin once manipulated Obi-Wan's mind, but I have never seen a source for that, and it sounds strange. Also, for causing Vader to become pained, not sure if it's canon, and it could be inconsistent considering how Vader has also penetrated an even more powerful Luke's mind in actual canon.

Yes, Anakin knows Instinctive Astrogation, to memory, and Silver has confirmed this. I don't see why he wouldn't, given how he was the best pilot in the Order and had such a large Force capacity. He also knows Technometry and Barrier (which I have never seen Luke use) as well as Beast Control and Heal, which Luke has shown. So they're about even.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Anakin also has more midichlorians than Luke unless Wookiepedia is mistaken. Also Luke was about the same age in ROTJ as Anakin before he became Vader. More potential + more years of training means Anakin is more powerful than Luke

Wut.

If they have the same potential I'm pretty sure they would have the same amount of Midichlorians unless I am mistaken again.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

1) A good chunk of the Marvel comics are canon..but you're right, that story is kinda shaky. I don't think it's actually incosistent with Luke's telepathy feats because as the scan said Vader's mind was completely unprotected at the time, and it took Luke everything he had to cause Vader pain for a couple of seconds...and he was pretty taxed at the end.

2) Fair enough.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@shootingnova: Meh. I still felt it was worth mentioning seeing as how it was not very long after ANH.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin, this is a very bad matchup for Luke. Luke's basically just coming into his own and is inexperienced, whereas Anakin's at his best, has far more experience in both dueling and wielding the Force, arguably a stronger connection to the Force at this time, and physically I think is in better shape than Luke for this duel.

Avatar image for muaddib_jacarutu
MuadDib_Jacarutu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't anakin be able to kill him force lightning? After all Luke had no counter to it when sidious used it, and as far as I remember he never encountered it before.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Anakin, early version Anakin has the edge. Later versions, Luke does.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By ShootingNova

Anakin has never displayed Lightning at this period of time.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't anakin be able to kill him force lightning? After all Luke had no counter to it when sidious used it, and as far as I remember he never encountered it before.

What lightning? He never had formal training from Sidious before getting all burnt.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Anakin. They are equally skilful and equally strong, but Anakin is noticeably faster and considerably more powerful. If this is the hindered version, then Luke wins because he is more skilful and can match Anakin's Force attacks.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Anakin in a very close fight that probably loses him a limb or two.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Anakin should win a majority. On top of being more powerful, he's atleast equally as skill and is stronger and faster.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

My boy Annie will give his son a good ass kicking

No Caption Provided

basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Anakin would win. Let us not forget he had recently to the timeline of this thread killed everyone and burned down the jedi academy. Granted the younglings wouldn't be difficult but they weren't all younglings. (If the goal is to save Anakin from becoming Darth perhaps a meeting before that) Also in this case Luke would be trying to save his father and Anakin was waiting to kill his father figure/teacher. Anakin's rage and skill would give him a clear advantage over the guy who's trying to change his mind/life path.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Anakin would win. Let us not forget he had recently to the timeline of this thread killed everyone and burned down the jedi academy. Granted the younglings wouldn't be difficult but they weren't all younglings. (If the goal is to save Anakin from becoming Darth perhaps a meeting before that) Also in this case Luke would be trying to save his father and Anakin was waiting to kill his father figure/teacher. Anakin's rage and skill would give him a clear advantage over the guy who's trying to change his mind/life path.

Actually, at that point he was waiting for Padme, he had no idea Obi-Wan was even on the ship with her.

basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RandomSid You are right but my point still stands Anakin is ready and willing to kill anyone in his way. While Luke is trying to drastically change history so his daddy can be a goodguy.

MySuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

anakin

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Anakin is more skilled and more powerful, he wins.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122  Edited By ViperSixteen

@shootingnova: In the Return of the Jedi Novel, it was stated that Darth Sidious believed Luke's Force potential might be even greater than Anakin's Force potential before he was burned on Mustafar. We don't have a evidence that it's true, but it is possible... Here's a quote:

"He would never go back to what had been mentally. Weak, foolish, idealistic. Anakin had been much like Luke Skywalker was now. Mere potential. Yes, the Force was strong with Luke, perhaps even stronger than it had been in Anakin." - Return of the Jedi Novel.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin stomps a mud hole in that ass.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Azronger

Luke, barely, 6/10.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Zapan871

@yousufkhan1212: I doubt that's possible, considering that Anakin was created by the Force, and the fact that he had enough potential (as per a Fact File I don't remember now) to succeed the Father, whereas Luke was far below Abeloth.

Anyway, Anakin is far more powerful than Rotj Luke.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin wins unless Luke uses Anakin's emotions against him.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin, obviously.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By kbroskywalker

@erkan12: @morpheus_: @necronomicon187:

vader said rotj luke may be more powerful than anakin.Discounting his amp and vader's conflict, he also matched a much more skilled version of anakin who used his power much better and had control over his emotions. ROTJ Luke takes this.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: vader absolutely is the superior swordsman. Anakin had complete mastery of djem so and incoperated elements of ataru. Vader took his mastery of djem so and made a hybrid form that took parts from every sngle form while overcoming the weaknesses of his form, something anakin never did. Vader did not let emotions take control him like anakin usually did. Vader consistently performs at his optimum, while anakin's best dueling feat, beating dooku happened due to an amp and has never been replicated. Vader also is much better at incoperating tk into his light saber sequences. Vader is a more skilled, controlled, and precise anakin

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku-rage-amped Anakin is arguably better than Prime Vader.

So Anakin win's unless what ATB said would happen

sXe619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin is better in essentially every single way - he wins. Luke puts up a good fight, though.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Didn't you say something about Luke's potential being the same in this thread?

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapan871: I know Anakin was created by the Force which is why his Midichlorian count is extremely high. But having an offspring would mean he'd have to f*** someone. Luke should have the same Midichlorian count. But in the Star Wars Universe almost everyone has Midichlorians, and Padme was a Human, she probably had a very low count. So Anakin's Midichlorians + Padme's Midichlorians = Luke's Midichlorians.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@kbroskywalker said:

@intrepid37: vader absolutely is the superior swordsman. Anakin had complete mastery of djem so and incoperated elements of ataru. Vader took his mastery of djem so and made a hybrid form that took parts from every sngle form while overcoming the weaknesses of his form, something anakin never did. Vader did not let emotions take control him like anakin usually did. Vader consistently performs at his optimum, while anakin's best dueling feat, beating dooku happened due to an amp and has never been replicated. Vader also is much better at incoperating tk into his light saber sequences. Vader is a more skilled, controlled, and precise anakin

Anakin also made hybrid styles, and taught them to other Jedi. Anakin was also one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi order before mastering Djem So to the point where he had no equal. Anakin was also stated to be on par saber wise with Windu and Yoda.

Vader on the other hand made a hybrid style that best suited his weaker body, yes Anakin had stronger stats in dueling due to force amps on himself, and Vader never fought any skilled Jedi at all other than a out of shape Obi Wan to which Vader barely stalemated. Even Luke who had little training or lightsaber dueling experience match Vader, and Vader did not even use the Force on Luke in their final fight.

Anakin had no amps fighting Dooku either, that was just funny. Anakin in fact was equals with Dooku in the Clone Wars canon show before the fight in RotS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx4m6lvpgKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQATBFIZ13o

Not sure where this "amp" is coming from.

Vader is the better Force User, but not Duelist.

Dooku-rage-amped Anakin is arguably better than Prime Vader.

So Anakin win's unless what ATB said would happen

Anakin was not amped. Nor was he "raging" in any source lmao. Anakin did not even want to kill Dooku, he was going to spare Dooku, that sounds like rage amp? Now Anakin was rage amp fighting Obi Wan, and as a result fought worse than he ever had.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212: Yeah, something suggested by older sources. Newer sources suggest that Anakin was a one-off and that Luke's potential comes close but isn't quite the same.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: While I was reading this thread, there was a discussion about Luke's potential being different than Anakin's and you were one of them, so I decided to drop a quote from the ROTJ Novel to end the discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212: I don't think that midichlorian count quite work like that. For example, Darth Tenebrous calculated that Darth Plagueis was going to be extremely powerful in the Force despite that his mother wasn't really powerful and his father was a non-Force sensitive.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthduelist9: Maybe, but Luke comes from the Skywalker family in which being a part of means you're strong in the Force.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212: Absolutely, it's kind of a certainty that any descendant of Anakin is extremely powerful in the Force.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: what? rotj luke was stated to possibly be more powerful than rots anakin, and he only lost due to holding back. Galen malek pre prime beat shaak ti, he also had an edge(a minor oone admittedly) v rebels ahsoka. The only top duelists i remember anakin taking are dooku and kenobi, so thats a very very flawed argument.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthduelist9: @yousufkhan1212:

Anakin had way more potential. Luke at peak was 1/12 of abeloth

Anakin at peak ragdolled the son and daughter who both were capable of stopping abeloth

tyln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin wins.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@kbroskywalker:

rotj luke was stated to possibly be more powerful than rots anakin, and he only lost due to holding back. Galen malek pre prime beat shaak ti, he also had an edge(a minor oone admittedly) v rebels ahsoka. The only top duelists i remember anakin taking are dooku and kenobi, so thats a very very flawed argument.

Anakin Canon Duels:

• Ventress
  • Prime Obi Wan
  • Dooku
  • Barris Offee
  • Clone Wars Ahsoka

Legends Duels:

• Shaak Ti

Who has Vader fought of note at all?

Canon:

• Old Ben Kenobi
  • Rebels Ahsoka Tano
  • Barely Train Luke

Legends:

• Galen/Starkiller

None mention for Vader dueling wise is beating who Anakin match or beaten in pure dueling. Also in the Galen/SK fights, Vader abuse force attacks rather than pure duel, and Galen/Marek is a crappy duelist, realying on Force attacks.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: ofee, tcw ahsoka, and ventress are not top duelists

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: vader is lowballed pretty heavily on this site, many people still think maul could take him

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: neither is Ben Kenobi, or Rebels Ahsoka who are below "top" duelist like Yoda, Dooku, Windu, ect.

Anakin still fought multiple Top Tier duelist which include Ventress, Shaak Ti, Obi Wan, and fought a true "top" duelist in Dooku.

Even though people Like Barriss and CW Ahsoka were high class duelist as well.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: ventress is not a top tier duelist. Dooku is also below yoda, BVen kenobi is a master of soresu, ataru, shi cho, and possibly djem so having trained its definitive master. Rebels ahsoka was a match for maul overpowering him twice. Galen marek beat shaak ti. Stop lowballing vader.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: Vader fought tons of FODDER Jedi, and Galen is not top tier duelist by feats at all. If all you have is the "campaign" guide, that's sad.

However Celeste Morne is "meh" pretty good, but she is still only Cade level in skill. Not Top Tier at all mate.

I am not lowbaling, just calling Vader fanboys out on their bullshit. Anakin is the better Duelist, and always will be by Canon of Legends. Vader is the better Force user in Canon and Legends. That is how it is.