#101 Edited by generator2000 (1381 posts) - - Show Bio

Anakin, maybe. Darth Maul can be hit with a surprise attack and defeated.

#102 Edited by i_like_swords (20559 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

Just wondering if opinions have changed on this

@shootingnova I think I may have found a good idea for our CAV...

#103 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (30110 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Maul.

#104 Edited by ShootingNova (20790 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Maybe.

Regarding the thread, probably Maul, but it would be close.

#105 Edited by ShootingNova (20790 posts) - - Show Bio

For a more detailed analysis, Anakin is possibly faster, stronger, more powerful, and comparably skilled by virtue of being able to challenge Dooku, but aside from that, Maul probably has better dueling feats. Maul has better resilience, but I'm a bit unsure as to how much that would affect the fight. At this rate, I doubt any speed advantage he possesses would be better than negligible, and his strength advantage likely won't matter as well. Then we have Maul's unorthodox martial ability, which would give him the edge in physical traits.

So Anakin is more powerful, but not by a huge margin and I'd probably say that Maul wins 7/10, since he has the edge in other areas, which could be more important to a fight than raw power.

#106 Posted by Brynhyld (606 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is based on the films?

Which judging by the OP it is. Being literate gives me the ability to decipher this from the description of the battle, as listed in the OP!

That said... Maul would win here, IMHO. His feats were more impressive at these points of the films.

IF comics and novels apply as well. Then this battle goes in the favor of Anakin Skywalker, for many reasons already listed. Honestly people... Can't you even read simple directions? It clearly states in the OP, that these are the film incarnations. So everything pertaining to comics or novels based on this factor would be moot.

#107 Posted by ShootingNova (20790 posts) - - Show Bio

Episode 1 is just a time gauge. It has nothing to do with being solely film versions, especially considering that there is a novel, junior novel, graphic novel etc. for episode 1 as well. Same applies for episode II.

#108 Posted by Brynhyld (606 posts) - - Show Bio
#109 Posted by ShootingNova (20790 posts) - - Show Bio

@brynhyld: No, LOL. I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

#110 Posted by Brynhyld (606 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova:

Then how do you know that this fight is not supposed to be the Film versions, because that is exactly how I took it when I read the OP?

#111 Posted by ShootingNova (20790 posts) - - Show Bio

@brynhyld: Because this is Comic Vine. Nothing in the OP stipulates movie versions, because, as I said, episode 1 is a time gauge, and refers to more than just the film. Unless "film versions only" is stipulated in the OP, it isn't. Once again, this is Comic Vine.

#112 Posted by Brynhyld (606 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: Well then based on this is Comic Vine logic, only Comics should be used unless stipulated otherwise. The Films and the Novels would be moot, then. Comic feats alone... Anakin probably has the better showing.

#113 Edited by ShootingNova (20790 posts) - - Show Bio

@brynhyld: No, we can use comics. Nobody mentioned anything about films being ignored. This debate is completely pointless. The EU has been rendered just as canon as the films now due to the fact that there is only one canon class, thanks to Disney's retcon. Nowhere did it ever state movie versions, and thus, we can use the EU. There is nothing wrong or difficult to understand about that.

And I still maintain that Maul would win in the EU, against AotC Anakin.

#114 Edited by silvanus (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering how Maul took two Jedi(one a padawan, my mistake) and Anakin lost to Dooku, I think this is gonna be damn close. But I think Maul takes this unless he get cocky.

#115 Posted by ShootingNova (20790 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, Anakin is faster and stronger than both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon (obviously not both at once), but then again, so is Maul. Anakin should be more skilled than them, though, considering how he did offer a challenge to Dooku. He just doesn't have as much experience.

#116 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (30110 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova:

Ehh. I doubt Anakin is faster then Maul at this level.

#117 Posted by ShootingNova (20790 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: His speed feats seem to outweigh Maul's, but even if he was faster, it would be negligible. The only real advantage Anakin has that isn't negligible at this point is TK. So, Maul for a majority.

#118 Edited by MasterKungFu (5516 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul

#119 Edited by Master_Speed (28 posts) - - Show Bio

What if both Anakin and Maul was from TCW

#120 Edited by SpartanKobe (917 posts) - - Show Bio
#121 Posted by derekvang (615 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though Maul was (and looked) cool as sh*t, Anakin seemed to have more skill and power. I mean if Obi beat Maul then I'm pretty sure Annie would win regardless

#122 Posted by WarlordEternal (3680 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna Darth Maul.

#123 Posted by M_Man (2156 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul.

#124 Posted by ShootingNova (20790 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Maul, because of a slim edge in skill, greater physical versatility, greater martial skill, greater resiliency, and greater tactical versatility. I don't recall many impressive martial showings from Anakin up to AotC. Most of those are after that, during the events of the Clone Wars (not the series; the event), but then, that would imply Anakin had at least some skill up to AotC. Still, Anakin is minimally stronger and faster, though I doubt these edges would matter at all, and he is both noticeably more powerful and more versatile in the Force (especially combatively). Maul owning the most pertinent edge, skill, is what would carry him out. Anakin's edges in physical attributes are far too limited to be of worth, and Maul's martial skills mastery and physical versatility would cancel out Anakin's greater combative Force versatility and offensive Force power. That being said, they are close enough as duelists for Anakin to win at least a few rounds, and then there is always the minimal chance of Anakin entering a state of Dark Rage or having his potential elevate him to levels greater than his natural performance, which would also afford him the win for those rounds. He would still only win 3-4 rounds in my opinion.

#126 Posted by MrUnsmiley (1287 posts) - - Show Bio

Tempted to say Maul, given his performance against Obi-Wan in the Clone Wars. Anakin's a skilled duelist, but Maul is very good at Juyo, and he easily defeated a Jedi Master who gave Anakin the hardest fight of his life.

#127 Posted by Mije_101 (857 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul beats AOTC Anakin in a good fight.

#128 Posted by dajhonmccloud (1807 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul is superior in the duel, and I'm assuming he's no force slouch being a sith heavyweight.

#129 Posted by Z___ (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul is superior in the duel, and I'm assuming he's no force slouch being a sith heavyweight.

He's a heavyweight? Where did you hear that?~ He's 176 lbs according to the Official Wookipedia.

#130 Edited by Z___ (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm saying episode 2 Anakin looses (according to movie versions). He was too cocky and amateur at the same time. And this time, I'd say this time he'd loose both his arms, legs and then his head.

#131 Edited by ShootingNova (20790 posts) - - Show Bio

Wookiepedia is not an official or canonical source.

#132 Posted by Penderor (4640 posts) - - Show Bio

Another kids revived another thread. Sweet.

#133 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (30110 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul.

#134 Posted by Juiceboks (12779 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul for reasons stated..multiple times.

#135 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Anakin would beat him or outsmart him because Maul couldn't even beat a young Obi Wan

#136 Edited by sparks20002 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@capitolpunishment: why take Darth Maul in his prime and not Anakin in his prime? when they are both in their prime, no way Darth Maul stands a chance. anakins knowledge of the force is far superior, including his telekinetic abilities. piloting abilities we can only assume also go to Anakin, as piloting was his strong point. light saber technique: Anakin was an equal match for a much stronger obi than the one maul faced. Anakin defeated dooku, who was arguably more powerful than maul. no way. Anakin wins, hands down.