• 54 results
Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Penderor

Who wins? The young father or the young son?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By spartankobe

@penderor: Luke stomps that genocidal ***clown into the dirt.

Loading Video...

:)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Anakin.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Anakin - and I'm tempted to say in a stomp

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that Anakin would win, but stomp looks for me awkward.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

It's not an absolute stomp - but Anakin will win every round, and probably handily to boot. At this stage, Anakin can give the Count a hard fight, while Luke was only fairing decently against Vader because the latter was holding back to a decent degree.

In terms of telekinetic power, Anakin has casually tossed around huts, while Luke has.....I can't remember many TK feats for Luke at this moment. Surely he has some, but I can't think of any. So, I'm just going to give Anakin the telekinetic edge even though this may very well be conjecture.

Anakin should also be faster by a certain extent; Ani's best speed feats is covering himself in the light of his lightsaber (take that for what you will, since it's not really quantifiable, at all) he has also seen Obi-Wan fast lightsaber blow move "slowly" and has moved fast enough to appear everywhere at once 3 years prior, he was also able to move faster than thought at the age of 10 IIRC. Luke, to my knowledge, has only thrown blows faster than a heart beat, thrown blows in the flick of an eye and move imperceptibly fast, and deflected blaster bolts from an cyborg that gave Vader a decent challenge. While Luke's speed feats are good - Anakin's are just better, especially reaction and perception time.

As far as dueling goes, Anakin has contended well with the Count; and frankly, that supersedes anything Luke has done.

Luke has beaten Baron Ormon Tagge twice, defeated Kharys (while she was effecting him mentally, and she had the environment advantage) defeated an AI system that was adapting to his every move, defended himself against Celeste Morne,etc.

While all of the above is good for someone who didn't have proper Jedi training, it pales in comparison to matching and even gaining the upper-hand briefly against someone as skilled as the Count - who, in my opinion, is one of the 8 most skilled duelist in the entire mythos, and maybe even top 5 as far as SHEER skill goes.

All of that being said, Anakin should win just about every time.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: True, true I forgot he is faster but if we would take them equal in terms of speed then it should be debatable right?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dccomicsrule2011: Whilst I do agree Anakin wins, Luke is stated to be able to legitimately challenge Vader in skill. The disparity between these two is marginal more than exponential.

Anakin never tossed huts. He tossed boulders the size of huts.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@shootingnova: Even ESB Luke? I thought Vader was holding back to a decent extent? But yeah, I guess you're right.

As for the huts...yeah you're right, though the makes the feat all the more impressive since a boulder would weigh more than a hut its size most of the time.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: No, Lightsabers: A Guide to the Weapons of the Force states he could challenge Vader.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I'll go with Annakin too. Pretty much all of the duels in the prequels were more impressive than Luke's fights

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By christianrapper

I'll go with Annakin too. Pretty much all of the duels in the prequels were more impressive than Luke's fights

that's mainly due to technology. the original star wars came out in the 1970's and early 80's.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

I recall seeing a behind the scenes video from the Star Wars OT DVD box set where one of the guys said Jedi like Obi-Wan were younger and so they fought faster in the PT

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By silentbat

@penderor said:

It's not an absolute stomp - but Anakin will win every round, and probably handily to boot. At this stage, Anakin can give the Count a hard fight, while Luke was only fairing decently against Vader because the latter was holding back to a decent degree.

Also terms of telekinetic power, Anakin has casually tossed around huts, while Luke has.....I can't remember many TK feats for Luke at this moment. Surely he has some, but I can't think of any. So, I'm just going to give Anakin the telekinetic edge even though this may very well be conjecture.

Not too sure about that one. Yes, initially, Vader was testing Luke. But he did legitimately try to strike him down. Also, Darth Vader, who is in my opinion superior to Anakin as a Jedi Knight or as pre-suit Vader, states that Luke was at least as powerful as Anakin:

Yes, the Force was strong in Luke, perhaps even stronger than it had been in Anakin.

Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire - Steve Perry

Vader held back on Luke at first, but later admits Luke was a worthy adversary:

When they fought, [Vader] had also tried to strike the boy down, but that had been merely a test. Had he been able to kill Luke easily, Luke would not have been worth the effort to recruit. But although he had certainly attempted to defeat Luke, the boy had held his own. Despite Vader's superior skill, despite his experience, Luke had survived with no more damage than an easily repaired amputated hand.

The meeting had made Vader feel, not a normal occurrence lately. There had been the thrill at meeting a worthy opponent and pride that the one so strongly opposing him was his own son.

Vader smiled into the darkness surrounding him. Obi-Wan had not told Luke that Anakin Skywalker had become Darth Vader. Luke's anger at the man who had slain his teacher had been potent, had allowed the dark side to claim him. If Vader hadn't broken that anger with fear and confusion by telling the boy he was his father, Luke could have defeated him.

Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire - Steve Perry

I'm still undecided on who the victor of this match up would be but we should not discount Luke just yet.

To speak on your Dooku comparison, I would say that Vader may have been a better duelist than Dooku. Or at the very least, a more complete duelist, matching his strength with skill.

[Galen] knew the intimacies of [Vader's] refined version of Djem So, a fighting style that incorporated elements of Ataru, Soresu and Makashi.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Sean Williams

We know how pin-point Makashi. We know how strong the defenses of Soresu are. And Djem So on its own has some devastating counters. By that train of thought, if Luke could "hold his own" against Vader, surely he could against Dooku as well. And by extensive, he could definitely contend with a padawan Anakin. We also should take note of how quickly Luke was able to achieve a skill set to contend with Vader. Yoda's grueling training really paid off, and Luke utilized his talent better than Anakin did. He certainly kept a cooler head.

Like I said, I'm still undecided on who would win this match up but I'm certainly not saying it's an Anakin 10/10 as most of you are. Not at all. Luke is definitely taking some rounds.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It could go either way.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: Thank you, you all have taught me well.

@erkan12: That's what I am thinking.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silentbat: Vader is not quite the better duelist. He has beaten An'ya Kuro, beaten Roan Shyrne, beaten Ferus Olin, fought evenly with Ben Kenobi, and contended with a seemingly amped doppelganger of Maul. These are good showings, but all of these characters are featless, which is why he isn't quite as high up, and Fightsaber tells us he is a mere shadow of his former self (his former self only being roughly as skilled as Dooku, or slightly beneath):

When Obi-Wan Kenobi duels his former apprentice Darth Vader aboard the Death Star, both combatants know they are but shadows of their former selves.

Source: Insider #62: Fightsaber

Now, Vader does improve drastically over the course of the three years between ANH and TESB, which allowed him to beat TESB Luke with difficulty, and fight evenly with RotJ Luke:

By the time of the Battle of Hoth, Darth Vader has consolidated his position within the Empire as the favored agent of the Emperor. Within the armoed forces Vader now holds absolute power over the higher Imperial officers who scorned him earlier in his career. This situation reflects Vader's greater mastery over himself and over the Force in the time since the Battle of Yavin, an improvement that is readily apparent in his lightsaber style during the duel with Luke Skywalker on Bespin. Vader has largely freed himself of pain through the Force in the years since the Battle of Yavin and, by practice with living opponents both willing and unwilling, he has advanced his lightsaber technique. Baron Orman Tagge serves as testament to Vader's technique by this era, precisely blinded in both eyes by Vader's blade in a duel. Vader is thus a far more formidable foe on Bespin than he was against Ben Kenobi on the Death Star.

Source: Insider #62: Fightsaber

The RotJ novel also claims his power was greatest in RotJ, but that's power, not skill.

Vader's skill feats tend more towards RotS Obi-Wan or RotJ Luke's skill level. Dooku is just ahead of that, at the beginning of the next tier (Vader being at the top of his tier). Dooku beating/stalemating Mace, repeatedly beating Grievous, beating Obi-Wan, beating AotC Anakin and stalemating other iterations, fighting evenly with TCW Anakin and Obi-Wan at once, beating Ventress, fighting evenly with Ventress and two other Nightsisters whilst drugged, and so on exceed Vader's skill feats.

But I do agree that Luke is being undersold here. Challenging Vader might not be as good as challenging Dooku, but Luke should be in the same skill tier as Anakin, just somewhat lower in that tier, but Anakin undoubtedly has the significant edge in strength, speed and power, which is probably why people are giving him such a large majority. If he manages to enter a state of Force Rage, he could potentially stomp, but at the same time, similar states have also hindered him, and AotC Anakin has not displayed the best feats of emotional control. Luke can get the better of him in those scenarios, which, whilst rare, are not impossible. For that reason, I might give Luke a round or two, but otherwise, Anakin has all the edges.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Anakin unfortunately. He had better training from a younger age.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Good post. I think I have a more concrete idea what might happen with these two.

In terms of their unhindered skill I would say it would go to Anakin 8/10. Two rounds go to Luke because he could adapt to situations rather well as depicted in his fight with Vader.

But if we are keeping every factor in, I would say Anakin takes the ultimate advantage, by slimmer margins: 6/10. Anakin is too head strong and over confident in his abilities, which could be his undoing in a couple of rounds. He may get frustrated that Luke could be so crafty and leave himself open.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ShootingNova

@silentbat: Quite precisely how often has Anakin being too headstrong, and more importantly, how often has he been bitten by that? I can recall him being hit by Sith Lightning from Tyranus, but he has also never encountered that before, not to mention Luke lacks such a weapon. Luke was battered by Vader's TK in ESB, and that was much more basic, as well as being a form of attack Anakin does have.

Anakin's emotions might hinder him, but in other circumstances, we have seen that they can also serve to fuel more darker usages of the Force, such as when he wrecked Ventress on Yavin IV once he tapped into Force Rage, despite them being only approximately even prior to that.

Anakin also has a number of displays as to when he hasn't lost his calm. He was able to duel Dooku in AotC without getting frustrated, and Dooku is significantly more skilful, faster, far more experienced, and much more unpredictable than TESB Luke is. We also might want to bring up that Luke is not perfect in his emotional control either. Is he better than Anakin? Certainly. But not overwhelmingly so, and again, it would be more inconsequential than anything else.

Anakin is decisively superior to Luke in most categories. Luke was strong enough to contend with Vader at some points (although earlier on, he was quickly overwhelmed by Vader's strength), whereas Anakin's strength was enough to disarm Ventress and, after utilizing Dark Rage, strike against her blade hard enough to crack and shatter the stone beneath her. Anakin is stronger.

Anakin has fought fast enough to encase himself in the light of his blade and fight fast enough to appear everywhere at once, a feat he accomplished about 3 years prior to AotC. Luke at best has fought imperceptibly fast. Anakin is significantly faster.

In stamina, Anakin has lasted the entirety of the Battle of Geonosis which was enough to almost completely exhaust Obi-Wan, whereas Luke was sweating after only a few minutes of contending with Vader (who appeared to not tire at all), and at that period, Vader was evidently toying with him. Anakin is noticeably more capable in this category, as well.

For skill, Anakin contending with Dooku is a better feat than Luke contending with Vader, because Dooku is both more skilful and faster than Vader. Anakin has also fought evenly with Ventress, who is something of an equal for Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan is more skilful than TESB Luke and would be a match for him in RotJ. Anakin is more skilled than Luke.

For power, Anakin has displayed Beast Control on reeks, has telekinetically hurled huts the size of boulders, has easily deflected large pillars hurled at him by Ventress, Sensed every single one of his opponents across entire planets, and displayed Barrier mid-duel against Tyranus with success. IIRC, Luke's best feat with was manipulating multiple machines simultaneously in spite of their range, which is a decent showing, but he was also seemingly incapable of repelling the objects Vader hurled at him, but this may have to do with inexperience as well as power. Anakin is considerably more powerful.

For physical versatility, Anakin has learnt disciplines from Shii-Cho, Ataru, Shien, Djem So and Niman, and likely knows some level of Soresu due to knowing Niman and due to often fighting with Kenobi. Luke appears to utilize a form of Djem So, may have learnt Soresu, appears to know Ataru and learnt Shii-Cho from Obi-Wan. Anakin is slightly superior in this category.

For Force-generated skills and versatility, Anakin has displayed Beast Control, Barrier, Technometry, Heal, Mind Trick, Instinctive Astrogation, etc. Luke has displayed some form of TP, Beast Control, Beast Language, Instinctive Astrogation (I believe it was after TESB, though), and that's about it from what I can remember. Anakin is more versatile.

So I see no reason for Anakin to only win 6/10. He is superior in virtually every single category. I would at least give him about an 8/10.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I agree Anakin wins, but a stomp is going too far. Vader by TESB was AotC Anakin's superior physically (except for speed and agility) and with a blade, as well as more powerful and knowledgeable. He never stomped Luke, so by reasonable presumption, Anakin wouldn't either.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@bat_girl_cc said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I agree Anakin wins, but a stomp is going too far. Vader by TESB was AotC Anakin's superior physically (except for speed and agility) and with a blade, as well as more powerful and knowledgeable. He never stomped Luke, so by reasonable presumption, Anakin wouldn't either.

Yeah, and Vader also trumps Anakin in T.K

Which doesn't necessarily makes Anakin weak, since Vader is a beast in T.K

But Anakin is faster than Vader, and alot more agille, i honestly can't see Luke beating Anakin, unless Anakin is holding back for some reason.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova You are right. In my thoughts, I consider Anakin a hothead but it only been a deferment in his fight with Obi-Wan and Dooku. And even his fight with Obi-Wan was not him being a hot head, or overconfident. He just felt immense betrayal and tunnel vision. But other than that my proclamation was unfounded.

I would say Anakin 8/10 as well.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28 JediXMan  Moderator

Anakin. I'd say around 7-8 / 10.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, and Vader also trumps Anakin in T.K

I already claimed Vader was more powerful, which is a reference to Force power. AotC Anakin does not match Vader in telekinesis, but RotS Anakin should from feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin wins 6/10. imo

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still see no reason for why Anakin would only win a slim majority. Anakin is superior in virtually all relevant facets of combat.

Valtsumake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Valtsumake

Luke would win if the fight between Luke and Vader in ESB would have been filmed 2002 it would have look much better than in the fight between Anakin and Dooku in AOTC

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would actually be a really close fight.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin wins.

Avatar image for emperor_jar_jar
Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin nearly stomps. 10/10

Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valtsumake: Except Luke has 1/100 of Anakin's experience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lil Ani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke maybe. Much better temperament.

Emperor_Jar_Jar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Emperor_Jar_Jar

@lubub55: Actually, it's worse than Anakin really. This is ESB Luke. His feats aren't as good either.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By ViperSixteen

Bump.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

AgentEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin.

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke, early TCW Anakin is a better fight

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Film-wise, Anakin Skywalker. Realistically, his decade of training under Obi-Wan Kenobi and other Jedi in the Order's golden age far outweighs Luke Skywalker's incomplete crash course under old Ben and Yoda. At this point in time, Anakin is nearly the best and held his own quite well against Count Dooku, having already surpassed -- and therefore outperforming -- his own mentor, Master Kenobi. Luke Skywalker made a fight of it against Darth Vader, to be sure, but the elder Count is supposed to be an even more masterful swordsman.

wholewheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By wholewheat

luke, he landed two hits on a holding back vader (kick and gas), then one hit on a trying vader (shoulder hit. btw even if vader was holding back for this, you don't just allow someone to nearly cut your arm off with a lightsaber, holding back means holding back offense not defense to that degree). that is far above getting one shotted by dooku (lightning) then being allowed to duel him until dooku decided to end it. dooku could have lightninged and one shotted anakin at any time

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin