Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Jedi vs Sith

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Settings

• Current Maul (so as he is before his fight with Sidous), pre-death Savage, ROTS Anakin and Obi Wan (Anakin is pre-temper tantrum)
  • All feats from the EU count
  • Winner by death or KO
  • Morals on, in character
  • Standard gear.. lightsabers basically

No Caption Provided

Who takes it?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#2  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Going to say the Jedi win a slight majority, but it's a good fight no matter what. It's honestly a pity this fight never actually happened.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Ani can beat anyone on team 2, while Obi-Wan would defeat Savage, but lose to Maul.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Yeah, not to mention that Obi-Wan gave these two a run for his money by himself. Anakin backing him up will be more than sufficient to give the Jedi the win. I do still think it's a good fight though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to say the Jedi win a slight majority, but it's a good fight no matter what. It's honestly a pity this fight never actually happened.

I agree.. perfect pairing. The respective masters are both old rivals, and their apprentices are both less skilled than them but make up for it in raw power by a fair bit. (Although please nobody turn this into Obi Wan vs Anakin skill debate, lol)

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow said:

I agree.. perfect pairing. The respective masters are both old rivals, and their apprentices are both less skilled than them but make up for it in raw power by a fair bit. (Although please nobody turn this into Obi Wan vs Anakin skill debate, lol)

Not to turn this into a skill debate between Anakin and Obi-Wan (lol) - but canon confirmed Obi-Wan is inferior to Anakin as far as dueling goes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

Not to turn this into a skill debate between Anakin and Obi-Wan (lol) - but canon confirmed Obi-Wan is inferior to Anakin as far as dueling goes.

Guess my comparison between the pairings was a bit off then, lol.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Anakin was a better duelist and more powerful in the force which is why I want to murder something at the fact that Anakin got cocky and got nearly half his potential shaved off. URGH!!!

Anyways though yes Team Jedi takes the majority although good fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: @beezlebub: @dccomicsrule2011: I know you guys all have your reasons for choosing the Jedi team, which I tend to agree with, but could you expand on how you think the fight'd go? As far as fighting styles, match ups, and how long it takes for the first person to die, goes?

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fodder76

I believe that because of Maul's vendetta and wanting revenge he would go after Obi Wan who would stalemate him or lose to him very very slowly while Anakin would deal with Savage Oppress who he outmatches both in pure force potential force skill and Lightsaber dueling skill. The only thing Savage MIGHT win in is brute strength but even that's debatable as in the ROTS novel Anakin was said to be striking Dooku's Lightsaber with the force of a meteor. Along with that as I've said before I believe that Obi Wan could hold off Maul long enough for Anakin to defeat Savage and beat Maul back. The reason I believe this is because Obi Wan practices the most defensive style Soresu and even against a more highly skilled opponent he can last a very long time. Along with that as seen in Star Wars The Clone Wars Obi Wan was able to hold BOTH brothers off long enough to get help from Ventress and survive the fight. This makes me believe that against just Maul Obi Wan would be able to handle himself to the point that can wait for Anakin's backup or even stalemate Maul.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe that because of Maul's vendetta and wanting revenge he would go after Obi Wan who would stalemate him or lose to him very very slowly while Anakin would deal with Savage Oppress who he outmatches both in pure force potential force skill and Lightsaber dueling skill. The only thing Savage MIGHT win in is brute strength but even that's debatable as in the ROTS novel Anakin was said to be striking Dooku's Lightsaber with the force of a meteor. Along with that as I've said before I believe that Obi Wan could hold off Maul long enough for Anakin to defeat Savage and beat Maul back. The reason I believe this is because Obi Wan practices the most defensive style Soresu and even against a more highly skilled opponent he can last a very long time. Along with that as seen in Star Wars The Clone Wars Obi Wan was able to hold BOTH brothers off long enough to get help from Ventress and survive the fight. This makes me believe that against just Maul Obi Wan would be able to handle himself to the point that can wait for Anakin's back off or even stalemate Maul.

I agree with this for the most part. I'm far to lazy to make a long post right now.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fodder76

If you'd like me to elaborate for Maul vs Anakin and Obi Wan vs Savage then I will though I have a cool thread I'm overseeing going.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Erkan12

TCW Maul can solo. Team 2 wins.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 if all EU feats allowed they win about 7-9/10. Mostly lead by Anakin.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please explain and elaborate why you think Maul who didn't manage to defeat an alone Obi Wan with back up from his brother could solo both Obi Wan AND Anakin at the same time.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Please explain and elaborate why you think Maul who didn't manage to defeat an alone Obi Wan with back up from his brother could solo both Obi Wan AND Anakin at the same time.

It's best not to entertain Erkan; it wouldn't even be worth your time.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh a troll.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Erkan12
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

It's best not to entertain Erkan; it wouldn't even be worth your time.

So you have still some wounds from past huh ? *Ouch* pathetic... (sidious fans......)

@beezlebub said:

What are you talking about ?

No Caption Provided

And if you want more, you can learn from here ;

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/erkan12/blog/darth-maul-vs-darth-tyranus/95498/

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm talking about the fact that when Maul had Savage helping him and Obi Wan was already weakened he was still unable to kill Obi Wan and ended up running from the fight and you expect Maul to solo both Obi Wan AND Anakin who are not at all weakened when he didn't manage to kill Obi Wan alone.

Look I'm not contesting Mauls skills or even your opinion that Maul could beat Obi Wan as I am incline to give maul a 5.5/10 majority in that fight. What I am contesting is the fact that Anakin has shown greater feats in the series then both Maul or Obi Wan and with Obi Wan's ability to stall Maul due to their relative skill levels and Soresu's defensiveness Anakin would be able to defeat Maul with ease at that point.

Also the gif you show was Maul taking on a weakened and surprised Obi Wan so I don't know what you were trying to prove.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and thanks but no thanks on the offer of learning more about Maul I am aware of his current abilities.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@erkan12:

So you have still some wounds from past huh ? *Ouch* pathetic... (Sidious fans......)

Not even close. I just observed your method of debating in plethora of related and un-related to Star Wars threads - and from my observation, you do nothing but ignore facts and post out of context information.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Erkan12

@beezlebub:

Last time i watched TCW, Anakin hardly beats (without TK) some guy who has love affair with Padme (i don't remember his name) So there is physical difference between Anakin and Maul or Savage.

And about TK, Maul can stomp them both in that area.

Even Savage has better TK feats ;

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TPM Maul did solo before against someone experienced as Qui-Gon Jinn and young Obi-Wan Kenobi.

So TCW Maul can too, as Dooku did. But i don't think Maul can win majority without help, so with Savage team 2 wins.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I also did take a look at your page just to see if you might have some flawed logic to back up your assumptions but you have a few mistakes in it such as when you said that Sidious and Maul are rivals. Sidious mentioned that in the context of political rivals not rivals in either force power or skill or saber dueling.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fodder76

@erkan12 said:

@beezlebub:

Last time i watched TCW, Anakin hardly beats (without TK) some guy who has love affair with Padme (i don't remember his name) So there is physical difference between Anakin and Maul or Savage.

And about TK, Maul can stomp them both in that area.

Even Savage has better TK feats ;

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TPM Maul did solo before against someone experienced as Qui-Gon Jinn and young Obi-Wan Kenobi.

So TCW Maul can too, as Dooku did. But i don't think Maul can win majority without help, so with Savage team 2 wins.

In the fight with Clovis Anakin did not use the force until the end as Clovis taunted that he could not win a fight without his powers. When he DID use his powers he nearly killed Clovis whilst not really trying. Please explain how Maul stomps either Anakin or Obi Wan in TK. Along with that the gifs of Savage you show have him force choking Count Dooku and Ventress briefly before having to release the hold and run away a feat that is proven even less remarkable when you realize that almost all of Dooku's and Ventress's focus were on each other when he achieved that feat. Also in the second gif he broke glass...

Oh and to your assertion of Maul soloing Obi Wan and Jinn. Jinn was far less powerful then either Obi Wan or Anakin along with him being far past his physical prime in the fight and Obi Wan just ascending from apprenticeship to knighthood.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Erkan12

@beezlebub:

Lol. Glass ? Do you know that was a prison right ? So that glass shouldn't be a regular one. And he throwed mandalorian guard at the same time.

Also TCW Maul stomped Obi-Wan again in here with TK.

No Caption Provided

And here again, with force choke...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair.. in a 1v1 confrontation between Maul and Obi Wan Maul got the better of him convincingly, and also convincingly defeated him during Phantom Menace. I think the main reason Obi-Wan held off Maul and Savage is because he committed fully to defence in order to exploit Savages leg. If he committed solely to defence against Maul he'd eventually lose because of Mauls overwhelming style, and if he dueled him semi-defensive semi-offensive.. well he lost already doing that.

Also.. Maul and Savage have pretty interesting teamwork capabilities...

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: @beezlebub: And also, on a second note (you may want to reply to this as well as my post above, DC, up to you).. there was that time where Savage was overpowering and pushing back both Anakin and Obi-Wan at the same time..

Loading Video...

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fodder76

@erkan12 said:

@beezlebub:

Lol. Glass ? Do you know that was a prison right ? So that glass shouldn't be a regular one. And he throwed mandalorian guard at the same time.

Also TCW Maul stomped Obi-Wan again in here with TK.

No Caption Provided

And here again, with force choke...

Any force user can catch another force user off guard and use TK on them which accounts for the multiple attempts at force push and force choke on Obi Wan and though I'll admit Maul is skilled with TK I don't think he has enough of an advantage in it to significantly effect the battle with Obi Wan and Anakin. Along with that it doesn't specifically state otherwise so I'm assuming the prisons clear material was made of flexi glass. A common material in the Star Wars universe.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@dccomicsrule2011: @beezlebub: And also, on a second note (you may want to reply to this as well as my post above, DC, up to you).. there was that time where Savage was overpowering and pushing back both Anakin and Obi-Wan at the same time..

Loading Video...

Neither Anakin nor Obi-Wan were really attacking during that instance, they were mainly on the defense. Plus, I'm more then sure Savage tapped into Force rage to amp his physical stats in that instance. his showing.

Hell if you want to go that rout, I could post scans of Anakin holding off both Dooku and Ventress simultaneously.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beezlebub said:

To be fair.. in a 1v1 confrontation between Maul and Obi Wan Maul got the better of him convincingly, and also convincingly defeated him during Phantom Menace. I think the main reason Obi-Wan held off Maul and Savage is because he committed fully to defence in order to exploit Savages leg. If he committed solely to defence against Maul he'd eventually lose because of Mauls overwhelming style, and if he dueled him semi-defensive semi-offensive.. well he lost already doing that.

Also.. Maul and Savage have pretty interesting teamwork capabilities...

No Caption Provided

An impressive TK feat but it was against two nameless Jedi and non force sensitive clones so I doubt the same tactic would work on force users on par or above there own abilities.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

Neither Anakin nor Obi-Wan were really attacking during that instance, they were mainly on the defense. Plus, I'm more then sure Savage tapped into Force rage to amp his physical stats in that instance. his showing.

Hell if you want to go that rout, I could post scans of Anakin holding off both Dooku and Ventress simultaneously.

I dunno.. I think he was just fighting aggressively opposed to having a force rage. Force rage, from my reading/watching, normally only occurs when someone is talked into a rage or see someone they care about die. Neither of which really happened to Savage there. And I think them being on the defensive could of been attributed to Savage being extremely poweful, as well as them being confined to such a narrow hallway.

Oh yeah? Wut about wen Savage fought Dooku and Ventress?! xD I will take you down that route bro.

Nah I'm just kidding. Was just throwing out some love for Savage since he can be a tad unskilled at times. I think this is a fight that can go either way depending on the situation.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@beezlebub: Pretty much.

@dccomicsrule2011: You'll note that he insists on dismissing us as "Sidious fans", completely ignoring how that is 1. Inaccurate and 2. A poor method of debating. But you are right, it is a waste of time to indulge him. I'm only considering it now so as not to mislead other users who happen upon this thread. Unenviable dilemma to be in.

And nice Cronal Avatar by the way. I may have to steal it from you later :)

@i_like_swords said:

@shroudofsorrow: @beezlebub: @dccomicsrule2011: I know you guys all have your reasons for choosing the Jedi team, which I tend to agree with, but could you expand on how you think the fight'd go? As far as fighting styles, match ups, and how long it takes for the first person to die, goes?

Well, as has been said, Anakin can beat either of them in a 1 on 1. Him Vs. Maul would be closer, but see, Obi-Wan has already beaten Savage, and once he does that he'll help Anakin against Maul. Alternatively, Anakin will beat Savage and then help Obi-Wan against Maul. Maul has done well against Obi-Wan, but Kenobi will be able to hold his own against the Dathomiran long enough for Anakin to lend a helping hand. Anakin won't have too much trouble with Savage all things considered. His fight with Anakin and Obi-Wan does not equate to Savage being superior to either one given how they were on the defensive for pretty much the whole duel and not really making much effort to fight back. When Obi-Wan fought Savage later, he beat him. So it stands to reason he could do so again, and Anakin could also beat him on the account of being a better duelist then Obi-Wan.

So that's why I think they win. And yes, the Dathomirans do have good teamwork, but that is also Anakin and Obi-Wan's specialty. So that won't help the Sith there.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fodder76

Loading Video...

As I've said above any force user can use TK on another force user and if they were within similar or even comparable force abilities and Savage at the time was using Force Rage to bolster his own abilities. Along with that Anakin and Obi Wan were unaffected afterwards and proceeded to continue tracking Savage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beezlebub: Was just saying, they have good teamwork. I definitely know that force push wouldn't work on Obi Wan and Anakin since it didn't blow away the two featless Jedi. Although, it did seem like it was more aimed at the army than them so I guess a concentrated blast between them both could work.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fodder76

@dccomicsrule2011:

I dunno.. I think he was just fighting aggressively opposed to having a force rage. Force rage, from my reading/watching, normally only occurs when someone is talked into a rage or see someone they care about die. Neither of which really happened to Savage there. And I think them being on the defensive could of been attributed to Savage being extremely poweful, as well as them being confined to such a narrow hallway.

Oh yeah? Wut about wen Savage fought Dooku and Ventress?! xD I will take you down that route bro.

Nah I'm just kidding. Was just throwing out some love for Savage since he can be a tad unskilled at times. I think this is a fight that can go either way depending on the situation.

Your right in the fact that Savage is powerful but I just don't think he's on the same level or could win a majority against either of them. Along with that hints from previous parts in the show like Count Dooku force torturing him bringing out his rage and making him more powerful I believe his force rage was activated when he was choked AND shot with force lightning by Ventress and Dooku and it lasted through his brief escape from Obi Wan and Anakin.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Fodder76

@beezlebub: Was just saying, they have good teamwork. I definitely know that force push wouldn't work on Obi Wan and Anakin since it didn't blow away the two featless Jedi. Although, it did seem like it was more aimed at the army than them so I guess a concentrated blast between them both could work.

Your right. I still doubt however it could affect Anakin and Obi Wan in the same way.

Taking a break guys mom is getting antsy.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@beezlebub: And besides that, teamwork is also something Anakin and Obi-Wan excel at quite a bit. In fact they were near legendary for it.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@i_like_swords:

I dunno.. I think he was just fighting aggressively opposed to having a force rage. Force rage, from my reading/watching, normally only occurs when someone is talked into a rage or see someone they care about die. Neither of which really happened to Savage there.

I think he tapped into Force rage during the fight with Dooku and Savage:

Loading Video...

Honestly, Dooku was nonchalantly taking out Savage, until the repeated taunting seemingly allowed him to tap into Force rage imo.

Neither of which really happened to Savage there.

I disagree. Him being; taunted, scorned, and suffering from excruciating pain via repeated use of Dooku's Force Lightning - makes Force rage very possible in that scenario.

And I think them being on the defensive could of been attributed to Savage being extremely poweful, as well as them being confined to such a narrow hallway.

Hmmm....

LOL.

I still think the Jedi would take a noticeable majority.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beezlebub: Sure.

@beezlebub: And besides that, teamwork is also something Anakin and Obi-Wan excel at quite a bit. In fact they were near legendary for it.

Yeah.. definitely exceed Maul and Savage in that regard.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Fodder76

So is it decided?

Maul vs Obi Wan = Stalemate or slight majority for Maul

Anakin vs Savage = Anakin decisive victory

Anakin vs Maul = Anakin Victory

Obi Wan vs Savage = Obi Wan victory

In both scenarios the Jedi with a 6-7/10 win rate?

Everybody happy?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow:

You'll note that he insists on dismissing us as "Sidious fans", completely ignoring how that is 1. Inaccurate and 2. A poor method of debating. But you are right, it is a waste of time to indulge him. I'm only considering it now so as not to mislead other users who happen upon this thread. Unenviable dilemma to be in.

True. Honestly I don't know what is up with most of these newer Star Wars debaters that have been popping up on the Vine as of late. =/

And nice Cronal Avatar by the way. I may have to steal it from you later :)

Thanks. :) Cronal, is easily one of my favorite Star Wars villains, I really wish he would be used in the EU more; then again, they are alot of characters I wish was used more in the EU *cough* Darth Zannah *cough*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is it decided?

Maul vs Obi Wan = Stalemate or slight majority for Maul

Anakin vs Savage = Anakin decisive victory

Anakin vs Maul = Anakin Victory.

Obi Wan vs Savage = Anakin victory

In both scenarios the Jedi with a 6-7/10 win rate?

Everybody happy?

LOL Anakin is so good he wins Obi-Wans fights for him. I see it like this.

Maul vs Obi Wan = Moderate/Decisive win for Maul

Anakin vs Savage = Decisive win for Anakin

Anakin vs Maul = Could go either way. Honestly I don't know Anakins best ROTS feats but.. I haven't heard or seen anything to suggest he could defeat Maul convincingly. I wouldn't mind doing it in a CAV against someone actually.

Obi Wan vs Savage = Obi Wan victory

I'd say in this particular scenario the Jedi win 6/10. But depending on the setting it could go either way. For instance if this fight was in the Naboo spaceport where Maul fought QGJ and Obi I think team Zabrak could win 6/10.

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the setting matters as much as the people fighting. I'm glad we agree except for Anakin vs Maul. I'd love to do a CAV with you I'm Anakin. :P

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@i_like_swords:

Anakin vs Maul = Could go either way. Honestly I don't know Anakins best ROTS feats but.. I haven't heard or seen anything to suggest he could defeat Maul convincingly. I wouldn't mind doing it in a CAV against someone actually.

I think Anakin would take a 6-7/10 majority over Maul via being marginally faster, slightly stronger, a slightly superior duelist and overall more powerful in the Force.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

I agree. Would love to see Maul having grown in power and with Savage capturing Obi Wan prompting Anakin to come in and rescue him but it was really a trap all along for Anakin because Maul and Savage wanted to take away the trophy that Sidious desired or have it for themselves. I don't know sorry I'm not good at writing plots I just fancy myself a writer. :/

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

It honestly seems like these few users have always been here. I could think of one in particular, but I think I'll take the moral high ground and not mention him/her.

Me personally I want a T-Canon animated/movie adaptation of KotOR. Give Revan and company some better feats and whatnot.

Savage too seemed kind of underutilized. Wish we could have gotten more of him. Also this guy:

No Caption Provided

Pure awesome. One of my favorite characters to come out of the CG clone wars show.

@killerwasp: Yay! I was quoted!

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Fodder76

I loved that guy too! He was pure awesomeness especially with his hat. Lol.

So this thread is done right? Alright time to look for more Star Wars threads.

AWAY!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

I think Anakin would take a 6-7/10 majority over Maul via being marginally faster, slightly stronger, a slightly superior duelist and overall more powerful in the Force.

Is there a good respect thread for Anakin anywhere? I wanna compare some of Mauls best physical feats to his to see what I make of it. What gives him the edge in dueling skill? Maul likely has less showings than Anakin, or less showings against named characters with good feats (since in a lot of his EU stories he fights no-names or one time appearance Jedi "masters"). But I still think all things considered Maul could be an even match for him.