• 77 results
shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Round 1: Anakin and Obi-Wan as they were in AotC. It is the climax of the film, they've run in to confront Count Dooku...only to find Darth Malgus waiting for them instead.

Round 2: Anakin and Obi-Wan as they are in the new CW show. The setting is where Ahsoka and Luminara fought Ventress in "Cloak of Darkness"

Round 3: Anakin and Obi-Wan as they were in RotS. The setting is the Utapau platform where Obi-Wan killed Grievous

No Caption Provided

Versus

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By JamesKM716

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker stomp in all three, pretty easily i think

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716: Round 3 certainly. Round 2 they win as well. Round 1 though? They die. Painfully.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JamesKM716

@shroudofsorrow: What has Malgus done that can possibly harm them?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716: I'm way too lazy to tell you. Just look at some of the other threads posted featuring him. And Anakin and Obi-Wan as of Episode II aren't that impressive. And we all know how round 1 will begin...

Anakin: Who are you? Where is Dooku?

Obi-Wan: We'll take him together. You go in slowly on the left, and--

Anakin: No I'm taking him now!

(Anakin charges and Malgus pwns him with force lightning, which he has proficiency in). Now Obi-Wan is on his own.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JamesKM716

Malgus isn't anywhere near as fast as Dooku is. Nor nearly as powerful.

Just because Anakin and Obi-Wan aren't that impressive doesn't mean that they couldn't take Malgus.

Anakin was still skilled, Obi-Wan was still highly skilled.

What is Malgus greatest feat? Killing Ven Zallow? who has no feats, or was it something else?

your opinion?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716: No, AotC Anakin is not impressive at all. And Obi-Wan is nowhere close to the top of his game yet.

Malgus also killed the Jedi Master from the "Return" trailer, who, while technically featless, still gave an impressive display. I think he has a fair number of feats in the novels he's appeared in as well.

And no, Malgus would be more than capable of doing to Anakin what Dooku did to him. His reflexes were shown to be inhumanly fast in the "Deceived" trailer. And he would have plenty of time to blast Anakin back.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JamesKM716

@shroudofsorrow: I never said Obi-Wan was near the top of his game. But that doesn't mean he's weak.

Saying that a Featless Jedi Master gave an impressive Display brings Maglus down, not up. He's only appeared in Star Wars: Decieved: A Novel of the Old Republic.

In it he kills Ven Zallow, and if i rememeber correctly some random other soldiers, a couple featless Jedi and his SPOILER lover SPOILER.

Inhumanely fast is not that fast in the Star Wars Universe man. How do you know he could blast Anakin back? Just because it went one way in the film doesn't mean it would happen the same way again. Perhaps, possibly, Malgus could win once, but i do NOT see it happening.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716 said:

@shroudofsorrow: I never said Obi-Wan was near the top of his game. But that doesn't mean he's weak.

Saying that a Featless Jedi Master gave an impressive Display brings Maglus down, not up. He's only appeared in Star Wars: Decieved: A Novel of the Old Republic.

In it he kills Ven Zallow, and if i rememeber correctly some random other soldiers, a couple featless Jedi and his SPOILER lover SPOILER.

Inhumanely fast is not that fast in the Star Wars Universe man. How do you know he could blast Anakin back? Just because it went one way in the film doesn't mean it would happen the same way again. Perhaps, possibly, Malgus could win once, but i do NOT see it happening.

Malgus still killed him. It was that Jedi Master's one showing, and while clearly impressive, he was not good enough to beat Malgus. I don't see it as bringing Malgus down. And in any event its not his best feat either way. Just a feat.

When I said inhumanly fast, I meant more than fast enough to hit Anakin with force lightnng. The "how do you know?" argument just doesn't work because none of us can, strictly speaking say EXACTLY what will happen in any given fight. We can only assume and make educated guesses and conclusions based on evidence. And the evidence tells me that if Anakin charges Malgus the same way he did Dooku he will end up in the same painful, position.

I could see a duel between him and Obi-Wan going a little longer then Kenobi's duel with Dooku, but he'd still lose. Malgus has greater physical strength, which he would use to his advantage.

Finally, I have to ask, did you read the Deceived novel?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By ShootingNova

@JamesKM716: Anakin + Obi-Wan, unimpressive? Umm.... no.

Malgus has killed three Jedi with Force Lightning even though they had their lightsabers up. While they were featless, they were Jedi Knights + (possibly Jedi Masters) so that's still pretty impressive.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@ShootingNova: So then my claim that Malgus can easily do to Anakin what Dooku did to him is valid, yes?

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JamesKM716

@shroudofsorrow said:

When I said inhumanly fast, I meant more than fast enough to hit Anakin with force lightnng. The "how do you know?" argument just doesn't work because none of us can, strictly speaking say EXACTLY what will happen in any given fight. We can only assume and make educated guesses and conclusions based on evidence. And the evidence tells me that if Anakin charges Malgus the same way he did Dooku he will end up in the same painful, position.

I could see a duel between him and Obi-Wan going a little longer then Kenobi's duel with Dooku, but he'd still lose. Malgus has greater physical strength, which he would use to his advantage.

Finally, I have to ask, did you read the Deceived novel?

But Anakin move faster than than "inhuman" Unless i'm wrong we don't have speed/reaction levels for Malgus, but we do for Anakin. There's a chance that Anakin could charge Malgus same as Dooku, but its not necesarilly going to happen.

I don't think he'd win. When has Malgus defeated a Opponent other than Satele's master and Ven Zallow who we know nothing about.

And yes i have read it. But in all honesty it was several months if not a year ago.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShootingNova

@shroudofsorrow said:

So then my claim that Malgus can easily do to Anakin what Dooku did to him is valid, yes?

No, it's not. Using featless Jedi and equating them to Anakin and Obi-Wan equals a no-no.

Besides, Anakin has dodged lightning, seen sub-light movement speed in slow-motion. That's probably the speed of Malgus's saber at best, from what we know so far.

Anakin also has a gargantuan advantage in terms of strength.

Skywalker was all over him. The shining blue lightsaber whirled and spat and every overhand chop crashed against Dooku's defense with the unstoppable power of a meteor strike; the Sith Lord spent lavishly of his reserve of the Force merely to meet these attacks without being cut in half, and Skywalker—Skywalker was getting stronger.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

Malgus's best strength feat was killing people, if I recall correctly. Nowhere near coming at others with the force of a meteor strike.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By GhostRider29

@ShootingNova said:

Skywalker was all over him. The shining blue lightsaber whirled and spat and every overhand chop crashed against Dooku's defense with the unstoppable power of a meteor strike; the Sith Lord spent lavishly of his reserve of the Force merely to meet these attacks without being cut in half, and Skywalker—Skywalker was getting stronger.

Whenever I see that, I get upset that we'll never know just how powerful Anakin could of became.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShootingNova

@GhostRider29: It's widely regarded Luke Skywalker became the one Anakin could have been. It's also possible (and possibly hinted) that Anakin could have been even more powerful.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GhostRider29

@ShootingNova: I think Anakin probably would of been. But that's saying something considering how powerful Luke becomes.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@ShootingNova said:

No, it's not. Using featless Jedi and equating them to Anakin and Obi-Wan equals a no-no.

You said it was an impressive feat in spite of said Jedi being featless, and Force lightning is force lightning. Episode II Anakin fell victim to Dooku's, I fail to see how he couldn't fall victim to Malgus.

@ShootingNova said:

Besides, Anakin has dodged lightning, seen sub-light movement speed in slow-motion. That's probably the speed of Malgus's saber at best, from what we know so far.

Anakin also has a gargantuan advantage in terms of strength.

That's RotS. I'm referring to Anakin during AotC, who is nowhere near as impressive.

@ShootingNova said:

Malgus's best strength feat was killing people, if I recall correctly. Nowhere near coming at others with the force of a meteor strike.

I really wish we could make up our mind here. One moment people consider Malgus to be a decent (if not top-tier) Sith who you thought was equal to Obi-Wan and now we're all talking about him like he is totally featless again. Which is he? Does he have legitimate feats or not?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By Deranged Midget

Malgus only really stands a chance in the first round.

He dies terribly in the last two.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JamesKM716

@Deranged Midget: I'd even argue that he doesn't have much of a chance in the first Round. Dooku was a masterful Dueler and Anakin fought him evenly for a while. Obviously he lost, but the point remains. He didn't get slaughtered by a guy who had beaten Mace Windu at least once. Adding in Obi-Wan should help considerably.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Deranged Midget

@JamesKM716: I'd have to disagree. Anakin held his own against his opponent, but Dooku never seemed to exert himself until he went up against Yoda. He seemed to just toy with both Kenobi and Skywalker.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JamesKM716

@Deranged Midget: That's quite true, but Malgus isn't on Dooku's level. I think Anakin and Obi-Wan could, at the absolute least stalemate him. And i don't even think that one's true. I think they'd win big.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Deranged Midget

@JamesKM716 said:

That's quite true, but Malgus isn't on Dooku's level. I think Anakin and Obi-Wan could, at the absolute least stalemate him. And i don't even think that one's true. I think they'd win big.

Malgus is far below Dooku and even Anakin in RoTS in terms of skill, but he makes up for it in sheer physical prowess and if he utilized Force Lightning, he could cause problems for a Padawan Skywalker and Knight Kenobi.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JamesKM716

@Deranged Midget: What do you mean "even Anakin in RoTS"? Cause Anakin beat Dooku in RoTS...

But anyway, yes he could cause problems, but i do not see him defeating them without Back-Up of some kind...

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Deranged Midget

@JamesKM716 said:

@Deranged Midget: What do you mean "even Anakin in RoTS"? Cause Anakin beat Dooku in RoTS...

But anyway, yes he could cause problems, but i do not see him defeating them without Back-Up of some kind...

Ah, my bad if you misunderstood me. I was trying to say that Malgus is beneath both Dooku and Anakin from the third film in terms of skill.

He did defeat one of the Order's most renowned Jedi Masters. Obviously Zallow was featless for the most part, but defeating a Jedi Master is still worth mentioning.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JamesKM716

@Deranged Midget: Ah okay, there we agree :p

I mean yeah, but we don't know what Zallow was renowned for do we? potentially it could have been for dueling, but it also could have been for a nice library he built :p

But yeah. HE probably was a skilled Jedi Master, but still. I don't think he's quite skilled enough to defeat a combined Anakin and Obi-Wan. I can see Malgus winning one on one.

Remember, Satele Shan beat him when she was an apprentice.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Team stomps hard...malgus isn't beating them when he is barely on dooku's level

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Deranged Midget

@JamesKM716 said:

@Deranged Midget: Ah okay, there we agree :p

I mean yeah, but we don't know what Zallow was renowned for do we? potentially it could have been for dueling, but it also could have been for a nice library he built :p

Yeah, I'm not sure what he was renowned for either, I heard it was as a swordsman but I could be wrong.

But yeah. HE probably was a skilled Jedi Master, but still. I don't think he's quite skilled enough to defeat a combined Anakin and Obi-Wan. I can see Malgus winning one on one.

Zallow taking on Kenobi and Skywalker? Yeah, I don't think he'd have a chance in defeating both of them.

You're referring to the battle on Alderaan? Malgus almost killed her twice and he would have if it were not for Malcom's intervention and the grenade that caused damage to his respiratory system. He showed some good durability as well, tanking rocket shots head on.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JamesKM716

@Deranged Midget: I don't remember reading anything about him being a skilled swordsmen, but i don't keep up on everything.

No, sorry i meant Malgus.

Yeah i was refering to that. That's completely true i forgot about Jace Malcolm.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Deranged Midget

@JamesKM716: Like I said, I could be completely wrong about Zallow's duelling skills but I think we can both agree that Malgus only really stands a chance of winning in the first round.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShootingNova

@shroudofsorrow: Have you even read my posts? It's possible Anakin falls to the Lightning, but then again, not for certain.

OK, AotC Anakin.

And I never said he was featless..... I said his feat was inferior.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@ShootingNova: I have, I have. Its just that one minute Malgus is being treated as a decent (if again, not top-tier) Sith, and the next everyone is talking about him like he is featless. So I want to know: is he featless or not? And if not, then I want an entire rundown of everything he's done that is worth mentioning.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShootingNova

@shroudofsorrow: What? What? What? What? What? Malgus, top-tier.................. 0_0

Malgus is nowhere near top-tier. No, he is not featless.

I have to go like, right now, so I'll be back in 3-6 hours, possibly (probably) more.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@ShootingNova: I said he WASN'T being treated as top-tier. Decent, but not top-tier. That is what I said.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JamesKM716

@Deranged Midget: Oh i agree most definitly! Never meant to argue otherwise.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShootingNova

@shroudofsorrow: Okay.

@Bane_of_sith said:

Team stomps hard...malgus isn't beating them when he is barely on dooku's level

Malgus is not on Dooku's level.

@Deranged Midget said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what he was renowned for either, I heard it was as a swordsman but I could be wrong.

Not sure either. I heard something about him being the Jedi Battlemaster.

Zallow taking on Kenobi and Skywalker? Yeah, I don't think he'd have a chance in defeating both of them.

LOL, waaaayyyy too featless.

You're referring to the battle on Alderaan? Malgus almost killed her twice and he would have if it were not for Malcom's intervention and the grenade that caused damage to his respiratory system. He showed some good durability as well, tanking rocket shots head on.

Malgus would have killed Satele twice on Alderaan? Regardless, using Tutaminis (Force Absorption) to the extent of absorbing lightsaber blades was very impressive for a mere Jedi Knight. Grand Master Satele Shan blows Malgus into oblivion.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ShootingNova: I never said her stopping the blade wasn't impressive and without a doubt Grand Master Shan absolutely wipes the floor with him, but if it were not for Malcolm's intervention, Shan would've died.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JamesKM716

@ShootingNova: Whats your opinion on the three rounds? or really just round 1. We all know the result of the other two...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ShootingNova

@Deranged Midget: You still haven't answered the question. When was Satele on the verge of falling to Malgus's blade twice? On Alderaan.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ShootingNova

@JamesKM716: Malgus could win.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JamesKM716

@ShootingNova said:

@JamesKM716: Malgus could win.

Could isn't very decisive... out of ten?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ShootingNova: I mis-interpreted the scene, it was only the one time yes.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ShootingNova

@JamesKM716: 3-4.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JamesKM716

@ShootingNova: Alright, Thank you!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ShootingNova

@Deranged Midget said:

@ShootingNova: I mis-interpreted the scene, it was only the one time yes.

Okay.......

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShootingNova

@JamesKM716: No problem.

I'm not sure when this occurred........

Master Kao Cen Darach was saving Satele after she nearly died from Malgus, and she was also owned by Vindican. That was it.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ShootingNova said:

Master Kao Cen Darach was saving Satele after she nearly died from Malgus, and she was also owned by Vindican. That was it.

I think he's mistaking her title as a Jedi Knight during the battle of Alderaan as a Padawan.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ShootingNova

@Deranged Midget: Well, she still wasn't anywhere close to doing so until Jace Malcolm saved her neck. I believe the in Gnost-Dural's journal in the Collector's edition of TOR, she states she was afraid of Malgus and she didn't want to face him again.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ShootingNova: Exactly what I stated. If it were not for Malcolm, Malgus would've killed her and the grenade played to their advantage by temporarily stunning him.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JamesKM716

@Deranged Midget said:

@ShootingNova said:

I think he's mistaking her title as a Jedi Knight during the battle of Alderaan as a Padawan.

Deranged Midget is right. I was thinking she was a Padawan during the Battle of Alderaan, my bad :/

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Deranged Midget

@JamesKM716: Not a big deal mate.