An Insane and Screaming BLACK BOLT VS. JLA (Inner Circle)

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Rules:

No BFR

BB is BLOOD LUSTED

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Black Bolt

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Black Bolt should take this

his omnidirectional destruction should counter Flash's speed

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to head off the speed bltizing arguments lets start the battle with blackbolt already screaming.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OverLordArhas

@irs said:

Just to head off the speed bltizing arguments lets start the battle with blackbolt already screaming.

Title already stated that he is insane and already screaming :)

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irs said:

Title already stated that he is insane and already screaming :)

Ah, fair enough then. I thought it meant he was willing to scream but never mind, you have your bases covered.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By slimj87d

@betatesthighlander1 said:

Doubt it. Flash can vibrate through all sorts of energy attacks. And if we're talking about Pre-Newt-52 JLA, Martian Manhunter can also make himself intangible through energy attacks.

No Caption Provided

Even New-52 Barry has Femtosecond reaction time, without activating his powers he dodged a bullet that was already fired by an unknown shooter so his attention was already down as well. See here he wasn't using his powers at all and the moment the bullet touched him he was too fast for the bullet.

No Caption Provided

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: Can you tell me what has exploded?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarhas: Why? You're just going to try and say Black Bolt's energy attacks and it won't work.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@overlordarhas: Why? You're just going to try and say Black Bolt's energy attacks and it won't work.

Huh? I just want to know what was it that exploded, is it a bomb or an energy attack?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By slimj87d

@overlordarhas:To be honest I'm not sure. It's from JLA Classified #35.

I'm sure other DC readers have dozens of feats of him vibrating through various energy attacks.

@citizenbane might be able to share a few feats.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLA. Martian Manhunter and Flash can both phase through Bolt's energy attacks. They can both use lethal phasing attacks or, MMH can dominate him telepathically.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLA. Martian Manhunter and Flash can both phase through Bolt's energy attacks. They can both use lethal phasing attacks or, MMH can dominate him telepathically.

He is insane so mental faculty is as good as unreachable.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@slimj87d: That's not an energy attack in that scan. It's the detonation of a gigantic meteorite that the Red King sent crashing into Earth. Flash has vibrated through energy attacks, though; in Heaven's Ladder he phased through Superman and Martian Manhunter's heat vision.

Also Black Bolt's scream is fueled by electron vibration, and Flash is kind of the king of vibrations.....

Lots_Of_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lots_Of_Love

@slimj87d: Got some MMH feats

JLA: Year One #8: Quickly escaping from a construct-cage created by Hal Jordan, presumably via invisibility + intangibility.

JLA: A Midsummer's Nightmare #3: Phasing through a force-field that tanked hits from Superman and Green Lantern.

Martian Manhunter #13: Phases through a White Martian's Martian vision beams.

Infinite Crisis #6: Phasing through Superboy-Prime's heat vision and smacking him away. This was a few pages after Prime laughed off punches from Black Adam.

-Credit to Citizenbane

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CalebHara

@overlordarhas: Not at all. Not for someone as powerul telepathically as the Martian Manhunter.

He was able to temporarily make the Joker sane. Someone who make Black Bolt seem calm and collected. Joker is a lunatic in comparison to Black Bolt.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calebhara said:

He is insane so mental faculty is as good as unreachable.

Joker's insane too. Didn't stop MMH from messing with his head....twice. This is what happened the second time around.

No Caption Provided

An entire asylum full of insane people, "rectified" by telepathy.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ummmmm...wasn't his scream tested to rip holes in time/space if used to it's maximum capacity....

And it's well established that his state of mind can affect how well it works. If he's already screaming, and he's in an insane, bloodlusted, and angry state of mind when the battle starts, I think it's stalemate, as nobody can consider that outcome a win.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@citizenbane: to think, only such irony can make the dark knight grin ... he's the real psycho here ....

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Floopay

Also, Black Bolts has resisted telepathic assault before. His brother Maximus has some pretty potent mind control IIRC, which failed to do so much as make him utter a whisper.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OverLordArhas
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saren

@floopay said:

Ummmmm...wasn't his scream tested to rip holes in time/space if used to it's maximum capacity....

Not really. That was the Skrull while amped by Reed's machines.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Not really. That was the Skrull while amped by Reed's machines.

Ah. Been awhile since I've read any inhumans. I thought it was just Reed's machines testing him or something like that. But again, my memory is very fresh on the topic so I would take your statement over mine.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: Thank you for your knowledge.

Now I'll add a little bit to the debate.

1. Black Bolt is not going to scream his head off forever. As he screams, he will tire and his stats turn that of a normal human.

No Caption Provided

"Special Limitation: After employing his superhumanly strong "master blow," or performing other highly energetic feats, Black Bolt is weakened to approximately human levels of stamina and durability for a short period."

2. If there is a significant amount of collateral damage, when he is depowered he will leave himself vulnerable.

3. If he screams his head off he will tire out. Flash and MM will just phase through the attack until this moment occurs and one shot him.

Black Bolt isn't going to solo the JLA, that's just silly. He's not going to blow up his battlefield either because if he's floating in space temporarily depowered he'll probably die. He has too much to deal with. Telepathy from MM, Flash being millions of times faster than him and Superman's... well Superman's Superman durability, nuff said there.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLA ftw

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@betatesthighlander1 said:

Doubt it. Flash can vibrate through all sorts of energy attacks. And if we're talking about Pre-Newt-52 JLA, Martian Manhunter can also make himself intangible through energy attacks.

No Caption Provided

Even New-52 Barry has Femtosecond reaction time, without activating his powers he dodged a bullet that was already fired by an unknown shooter so his attention was already down as well. See here he wasn't using his powers at all and the moment the bullet touched him he was too fast for the bullet.

No Caption Provided

I didn't know the Flash could do that

can he still hit people when he makes himself intangible to energy

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By slimj87d
Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
Inconvenient_Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but he can get behind him and kill him. MMH can go intangible and mind rape him or just do the same thing flash could do and get behind him and KO him.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d:

wouldn't that make fighting Black Bolt difficult?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d:

oh, I guess that makes sense

yeah, league could do this

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Black Bolt would take out most of the JLA for his scream being insanely powerful and his state of mind. He could take out MM if he strikes before he goes intangible. The only problem is flash because flash will be able to react fast enough and will vibrate through Black Bolt's attack. Black Bolt would be tired from that attack and will probably never hit flash. JLA wins

Avatar image for americanpatriot
AmericanPatriot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AmericanPatriot

So, I made an account just to chime in. Here is my 2 cents, BB's scream manipulates electrons, it forcefully rips the electrons from atoms, and as a result the atom supercharges, and explodes, creating a nuclear bomb in essence. This in turn rips the electrons from more atoms, and it keeps going, it is theoretically infinite. It is hard to say if the scream would affect an intangible MM or Flash, can they actively prevent the electrons from being ripped from their atomic structure? Who knows, but lets say it does not affect them. BB can also manipulate matter, now this is another hard point, on one hand, in theory BB could make them tangible again, but how does intangibility work with sub-atomic matter manipulation. I would think it is like an unstoppable force vs immovable object, they technically would ignore each other, so it would depend on the writer (Who had better have a damn good reason BB is insane). Truthfully, if this happened, the galaxy would be destroyed, hard to say if it would be a void, or if reality was torn as well, but lets assume MM and Flash survived, BB would have killed himself in the process, flash would die in the void of space, and MM will mourn the loss of the Galaxy. Or if tangibility doesn't work, they all die. So the JLA wins with tangibility, without touching BB, or Stalemate if Tangibility does not work. (I use tangibility for flash vibrating for ease of typing.)

Also, the tested skrull was proven to be weaker than normal BB, as stated in a What if issue. "What if BB was not a skrull in WWH"

I would also like to clear some things up as well. BB is an incredibly powerful telepath, Xavier had trouble getting in his mind, and BB has not only resisted his powerful brother, but taken over his mind as well. While BB screams, he is immune to telepathy because the speech center of his brain controls his Scream, therefore entering his mind would melt yours, period. As was demonstrated when the Sorcerer Supreme Dr. Strange tried to enter BB's mind telepathically, while he killed THE SENTRY with his scream. Disintegrating them both.

BB also is not slow, while he is nowhere near flashes speed, he was able to fly and keep up with Nova, and speeds several times the speed of light, and run, catch, and beat Quiksilver in a full sprint.

Because BB kills himself either way, it is a Stalemate or JLA wins with MM living. Just my opinion scientifically speaking (in a comic book, lol)

Thanks,

AP