Amon vs Yakone

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I personally think Amon is better, but other say his father is above him. who wins?

Both are bloodlusted. It is a full moon. Only bloodbending and hand to hand is allowed. They start 20 meters apart. Amon is not allowed to take away bending.

Battle takes place in a deserted New York City.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Amon's better, it seemed to be implied that he grew to be more powerful. Tarrlok was about as powerful as Yakone, and Amon overpowered him

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Personally, I'd say Amon.

He was able to pretty much embarrass Tarrlok and resist his bloodbending, and I'd put Yakone as roughly his equal.

I just think Yakone relied too much on his bloodbending. And if he tried it on Amon, he'd find himself biting off more than he can chew.

Jmarshmallow

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yakone. The guy blood bent an entire courtroom, including the Avatar and Toph, whilst handcuffed. The only thing that could beat him was the avatar state. Amon was overcome twice and tended to use his hands to blood bend.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Arcus1

Yakone. The guy blood bent an entire courtroom, including the Avatar and Toph, whilst handcuffed. The only thing that could beat him was the avatar state. Amon was overcome twice and tended to use his hands to blood bend.

PIS can overcome anyone.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@arcus said:

I think Amon's better, it seemed to be implied that he grew to be more powerful. Tarrlok was about as powerful as Yakone, and Amon overpowered him

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, I'd argue Amon

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 juiceboks  Moderator

Yakone has much better showings.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: maybe because of bloodbending Toph and Aang, but Amon was a prodigy that mastered water and bloodbending at 14. The implication is that he could do all his father did AND more given his ability to take bending away. He's also an extremely skilled fighter with pressure point attacks and very fast. Amon hated bending which is why he didn't do it, save to "clense" benders of their imperfection. He was a beast and we never got to see him overtly unleash his abilities. However, he did stomp Korra and Mako effortlessly, and toyed with them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@supermanwithatan01: And yet we have nothing to compare with Yakone's early mastery of bloodbending so bringing up Noatak's history is irrelevant, not to mention he had the advantage of being groomed by the most powerful bloodbender we've ever seen.

Taking bending away isn't even a bloodbending technique so much as it is chi manipulation, a unique ability sure but not something that marks him as a superior bloodbender just because Yakone lacked it. Bolin can lavabend whereas Bumi can't, but that doesn't make him a better earthbender.

Yakone bloodbending an entire court room of individuals without moving an inch is still far and above anything Amon did. And just like most of Amon's feats, that was done with very little noticeable effort on his part.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: the ability to take your opponents power away, equal feats overall, and the ability to overpower his brother who had virtually the same feats as his father, he wins.

Again, Amon was a prodigy and surprised his father with his power so quickly. Amon rarely used waterbending and bloodbending overtly whereas his father did it all the time. His father was one potent feat, but Amon was still implied to be more powerful.

At worst they stalemate, but the advantage of having basically 1 feat to tell your story is difficult to contest. There's no reason to believe that Amon wouldn't have overpowered his father like he did his brother.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks: the ability to take your opponents power away, equal feats overall, and the ability to overpower his brother who had virtually the same feats as his father, he wins.

Again, Amon was a prodigy and surprised his father with his power so quickly. Amon rarely used waterbending and bloodbending overtly whereas his father did it all the time. His father was one potent feat, but Amon was still implied to be more powerful.

At worst they stalemate, but the advantage of having basically 1 feat to tell your story is difficult to contest. There's no reason to believe that Amon wouldn't have overpowered his father like he did his brother.

Neither of his sons have feats on par with Yakone. Not even close..

He was impressive in his father's eyes, good for him. He never compared Noatak's power with his own so this is irrelevant. Yakone has a casual feat that greatly surpasses anything his son's did, period.

Amon was never implied to be more powerful than Yakone, and it's fairly evident that Yakone could bloodbend on a level well above anything Amon ever showcased.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

1) that's because he only has 1 feat. I would argue that Amon overpowering a potent bloodbender is more impressive than overpowering an unsuspecting courtroom. You're argument implies that Amon wouldn't have been able to do the exact same thing, without evidence.

2) Yes, it matters that he was a prodigy and impressed his father by becoming a master at 14.

3) actually Amon is hinted to be more powerful than his father plenty of times.

You're saying because Amon didn't overtly do the exact thing his father did, he can't be as powerful which is a ridiculous argument.

Amon didn't want anyone to know he was a bender.

Amon showed superior speed feats, and was able to overpower a master firebender and the Avatar easily AND THEY KNEW HE WAS COMING. Unlike the courtroom feat.

We never saw Yakone resist bloodbending so I guess he just couldn't do it right?

We saw Amon clearly overpower his brother who froze a room full of master benders and escaped the way his father did.

Amon wins because he can resist the 1 trick pony and has more skill, abilities and speed than Yakone plain and simple.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone tag @Lunacyde for me for his/her thoughts on this

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@supermanwithatan01 said:

@juiceboks:

1) that's because he only has 1 feat. I would argue that Amon overpowering a potent bloodbender is more impressive than overpowering an unsuspecting courtroom. You're argument implies that Amon wouldn't have been able to do the exact same thing, without evidence.

2) Yes, it matters that he was a prodigy and impressed his father by becoming a master at 14.

3) actually Amon is hinted to be more powerful than his father plenty of times.

You're saying because Amon didn't overtly do the exact thing his father did, he can't be as powerful which is a ridiculous argument.

Amon didn't want anyone to know he was a bender.

Amon showed superior speed feats, and was able to overpower a master firebender and the Avatar easily AND THEY KNEW HE WAS COMING. Unlike the courtroom feat.

We never saw Yakone resist bloodbending so I guess he just couldn't do it right?

We saw Amon clearly overpower his brother who froze a room full of master benders and escaped the way his father did.

Amon wins because he can resist the 1 trick pony and has more skill, abilities and speed than Yakone plain and simple.

1) It really isn't, not when that bloodbender is weaker than Yakone. Amon was able to do that to his brother because he's a better bloodbender, so Yakone should be able to replicate that for the same reason. I'm saying Amon can't replicate Yakone's feat because he hasn't done anything remotely comparable. That's not faulty reasoning at all in this case, and you haven't proved otherwise.

2) We don't know enough about Yakone's childhood to compare with that and Amon didn't showcase any power above Yakone's at that age, so no it really doesn't matter.

3) Name one.

It really isn't. You're trying to appeal to ignorance without any evidence, which is a ridiculous argument.

Even when he was found out he didn't showcase anything better than what he was capable of while holding back.

A battle between two bloodbenders isn't at all dependent on speed. That much is obvious. Yakone has also never been in a fight, so we can only guess how fast he can bend..again not that it matters. For the record though he did subdue Toph and Aang in their prime before they could bend at him.

Now you're trying to flip my argument you originally scrutinized, while at the same time grasping at straws. To resist bloodbending you have to be a bloodbender, the more powerful bender you are the easier it is to overpower your opponent. Amon has objectively inferior feats to Yakone, so why exactly should he be unable to defend himself from a much weaker bender?

Tarrlok subduing 9 people is in no way comparable to Yakone freezing the 50+ people in the courtroom that day. Come on now, I really shouldn't have to point that out.

One trick pony? What are you talking about? This is obviously going to come to their mastery of bloodbending, anything else they can do is completely irrelevant. Yakone has displayed a mastery of bloodbending Amon simply hasn't. It's that simple.

Hell I could make the argument that Amon was unable to fully subdue Korra by the end of Book 1, as opposed to Yakone forcing a more realized Avatar into the Avatar State to overcome his control. That alone shows the disparity in their power.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

1) it matters because Yakone taught Noatak everything he knew and it was mastered by the age of 14. It's faulty reasoning to believe that Amon isn't as powerful because he hates bending whereas his father deliberately used his feat overtly.

2) agreed

3) During the final 2 episodes of season 1, Tarlak explains their back story and mentions how Amon surpassed his father's expectations, impressed him and was a master already by the age of 14. Yakone doesn't strike me as a character that is easily impressed given his own ability. Also in episode 3, roughly half way through it, Korra tells Tenzin about Amon's ability to take bending away and he said it was impossible for anyone to be that powerful. Secondly, the actual fact Amon had the ability to take bending away and overpower another powerful bloodbender in his brother proves he didnt peak at 14 when his father had alreday taught him everything he knew. Feats that his father doesn't have, so by your logic that means his father can't do them.

Yakone overpowered benders who had no clue what was about to happen. It's impressive agreed but I see no reason Amon couldn't do it. His father was grooming him specifically to surpass himself and kill the Avatar.

My point is that Amon's character is the polar opposite of his father in regards to bending. His father was a known bender and an accused bloodbender who caught the courtroom by surprise and that's his 1 feat. Amon hated bending and mastered his father's knowledge by the time he was 14. Amon wasn't going to bloodbend in public specifically because his entire regime depended on him curing the world of bending.

Amon is his father's bloodbending equal at least, and added more abilities and skills. In fact, he fought benders consistently and prevailed using just his skill. He showed incredible resistance to bloodbending, something his father wouldn't expect anyway. This fight, if taking his power away was allowed, would literally end the same way his fight with Aang ended. With him being shocked, scared and powerless.

Edit: as for your last statement that's false, Amon was manhandling her and could have killed her multiple times throughout the season. He was torturing Mako when she surprise attacked him with Airbending. She "won" purely out of plot.

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 280

Due to narrative and hype -> Amon by a landslide. It showed that even in young age Amon was a threat to his father

Due to feats and acheivements -> Yakone...

Amon aint able to handle Mako and Korra in the same time. Mako snapped him with lightning and Korra able to kick him with air whip..

Yakone took down entire court room that full with legendary benders... Katara, Aang, Toph, etc .. And forced Adult Aang to his avatar state.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon at the age of 14 = Yakone at his prime

Amon at his prime > Yakone at his prime

*its said that amon mastered yakone techniques at the age of 14 they meant when he was 14 he Was equal to his father*

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Indication: Amon.

Feats: Yakone.

I trust indication in this instance because neither one of them had several feats.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:

I trust indication in this instance because neither one of them had several feats.

We need a comic with Amon training in bloodbending with Yakkone flashbacks..

Amon should win this based on the fact he was confirmed the most powerful bloodbender in the show.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@byondeon: I agree. I’d read any Amon comic.

bob74h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yakone solos as he negged adult aang and toph who be above korra at this point at least

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@eslay03 said:

We need a comic with Amon training in bloodbending with Yakkone flashbacks..

Amon should win this based on the fact he was confirmed the most powerful bloodbender in the show.

Bump and I agree. I’d buy that in an instant. Amon is clearly implied to be superior. Yakone probably has the best feat but Amon seems like if he’d have had his father’s morals then this would have been a much, much shorter show lol

Avatar image for deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374
deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon takes it tbh, and it isnt that tight imo

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cocacolaman  Moderator

Yakone should take it, casually bloodbending a large room with his eyes is above any feat of Amon's

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon at the age of 14 = Yakone at his prime

Amon at his prime > Yakone at his prime

*its said that amon mastered yakone techniques at the age of 14 they meant when he was 14 he Was equal to his father*

agreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

14 year-old Amon i super, super underrated imho. He should be even to Yakone at that age, and imo even him as an adult is quite underrated.

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Tarrlock isn't on Yakone level

Who bloodbent a whole court room and almost killed a prime fully realized aang

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374: Mako and Korra resisted Amon

Yakone bloodbent a whole courtroom and almost killed a prime Gul realized aang

Yakone is stronger Amon is more skilled

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: Mako and Korra resisted Amon

Yakone bloodbent a whole courtroom and almost killed a prime Gul realized aang

Yakone is stronger Amon is more skilled

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping this bad boy since I’m about to restart the show

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cocacolaman  Moderator

Yakone bending a courtroom filled with dozens of people and top tier benders with bare movement is beyond anything we've seen from anyone else. Amon was very skilled but Yakone was a monster.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kataraaaa

By feats, Yakone should win comfortably. It's not even that he blood bent an entire courtroom, the context makes that feat a lot more impressive.

1. 2 of the benders in that courtroom were the avatar aang, and toph. Both presumably in their primes, added on top of the other hundreds or whatever people were in there.

2. Yakone doesn't even have to look at people to bloodbend them. If you rewatch that scene and look at the context, Yakone started off by bloodbending Sokka and the rest of the council, he was able to react to Toph throwing a close range attack by simply moving his eyes to stop her. He then was able to bloodbend the literal avatar, and like 100 people behind him, without even looking at him. Control toph and force her to unlock his handcuffs, and then leave everyone besides aang completely down. He controlled that entire courtroom while in handcuffs as well. He then took down every single person in that room when he was finally able to use his hands. Aang was only able to overpower him via the avatar state. Aang also needed the avatar state to get back up and go after Yakone, even toph couldn't do it.

Amon's best feats as far as I can remember (haven't watched the show in a bit), are resisting Tarrlok's bloodbending, and blood bending against Korra and Mako at the same time. Not to discredit Amon, because these are very noteworthy feats, but Mako was able to shock him with lightning and stun him for a bit, Tenzin landed a hit on him after being freed from his capture, Tarrlok is never seen doing psychic bloodbending like his father and brother, and Korra was able to get back up after he took her bending, and wreck him via airbending. Impressive feats, but Yakone is just on another level when it comes to power. I know Amon can take people's bending, but bloodbending battles seem to be based on who's the more powerful bloodbender first, so I doubt Amon can get to Yakone before he's overpowered.

Watcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

Amon got this. He's a bit inconsistent but he should beat Yakone.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The courtroom feat was nice, but not as impressive as Amon.

Amon stomp this.

The only ones that is beating Amon is Korra or AS Avatars