AMAZO vs Hope and Rouge

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AnyWhichWayButUp
No Caption Provided

Amazo gets laser vision strength speed flight lantern electric mace ability to phase through objects telekenisis and telepathy.Hope gets nightcrawler shadowcat jean spike quicksilver and scarlet witches powers. Rouge gets Wolverine Beast Emma Frost Iceman and starfire. No speed blitzing bloodlust on no lobotomy diamond skin only lasts 5 minutes with 10 minutes recharge Hope and Rouge can only steal one power from eachother takes AMAZO can't copy place in New York

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By isaac_clarke

Problem is Amazo simply copies everything he sees so this entire set up is just going to lead him copying their powers - even if I feel Hope's ability is probably the most superior of them all.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Amazo should win

AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AnyWhichWayButUp

@isaac_clarke:

I was trying to say they only get those powers that i listed for the fight

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By isaac_clarke

@AnyWhichWayButUp said:

@isaac_clarke:

You should include that in the OP.

Maladicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Maladicta

@isaac_clarke said:

@AnyWhichWayButUp said:

@isaac_clarke:

You should include that in the OP.

Pretty clear that's what he said and meant... Anyway. Lantern power, speed, Superman strength and invulnerability + heat vision? Hmm...

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dondave

Amazo

AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AnyWhichWayButUp

@Maladicta:

Starfires got near laser beam attacks scarlets got chaos magic which hurts thst superman side teleportation and ice/diamond manipulation

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hyper_God

@isaac_clarke said:

even if I feel Hope's ability is probably the most superior of them all.

Hope has shown actual limitations to her duplication abilities unlike Amazo . Her best feats are copying a shitton of Utopian mutants to fight off Kuurth(which taxed her to the max as demonstrated after the fight) , copying a dragon that gets beaten on a daily basis by Kung Fu fighters along with a normal Scarlet Witch's powers simultaneously .

What makes you think she's superior to Amazo(JLU version , which I presume the OP is using here) ?

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Hyper_God said:

@isaac_clarke said:

even if I feel Hope's ability is probably the most superior of them all.

Hope has shown actual limitations to her duplication abilities unlike Amazo . Her best feats are copying a shitton of Utopian mutants to fight off Kuurth(which taxed her to the max as demonstrated after the fight) , copying a dragon that gets beaten on a daily basis by Kung Fu fighters along with a normal Scarlet Witch's powers simultaneously .

What makes you think she's superior to Amazo(JLU version , which I presume the OP is using here) ?

Because I'd rate those showings where she's copying the power of entities capable of hurting Scott Summers while primarily possessing a large portion of the Phoenix Force over the guy that chaos magic turned out to be his achilles heel. But feel free to disagree it's all speculation, but if you want to continue head hunting me - more power to you.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hyper_God

@isaac_clarke said:

Because I'd rate those showings where she's copying the power of entities capable of hurting Scott Summers while primarily possessing a large portion of the Phoenix Force over the guy that chaos magic turned out to be his achilles heel. But feel free to disagree it's all speculation, but if you want to continue head hunting me - more power to you.

"Entities capable of hurting Scott Summers".

I had a hearty laugh out of this . Shao Lao has been beaten by Kung Fu fighters in h2h . Anyone who's read Iron Fist comics knows that his entire history has him getting killed by an Iron Fist all 66 times , and then having his chi stolen by that Iron Fist when they plunged their hands into his molten heart .

Wanda didn't even hurt Phoeclops in than instance , as he'd become too powerful for her to affect him .

LOL at you comparing these guys with a plot device against whom Dr Fate himself(along with the rest of the JL) was helpless .

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Hyper_God said:

@isaac_clarke said:

"Entities capable of hurting Scott Summers".

I had a hearty laugh out of this . Shao Lao has been beaten by Kung Fu fighters in h2h . Anyone who's read Iron Fist comics knows that his entire history has him getting killed by an Iron Fist all 66 times , and then having his chi stolen by that Iron Fist when they plunged their hands into his molten heart .

Wanda didn't even hurt Phoeclops in than instance , as he'd become too powerful for her to affect him .

LOL at you comparing these guys with a plot device against whom Dr Fate himself(along with the rest of the JL) was helpless .

Well I'm glad taking away what context I wrote was entertaining for you at least. Oh, you're one of those guys that blows JLU Amazo to epic proportions despite his best feat was BFRing a planet in his way. What was the combined power of the entire GLC in that series? Potentially blowing up half a planet with all their ring's energies - pew that's impressive. Taking down a slew of people that aren't even city busters at their best also isn't much of a feat.

Dr. Fate didn't even bother fighting him and are we talking about this Dr. Fate?

7:45 - 7:52

Thor from Earth's Mightiest Heroes could solo most of the Justice League in that entire series without breaking a sweat.

Given how badly floored Thor was repeatedly against these folks (and he was going mono e mono when the Phoenix was eating planets to amp itself up) and Wanda in that entire event was depicted as one of the most powerful characters on the field - it seems like Hope was absorbing quite a bit more impressive power and was unlikely to run for the hills if the ultra mighty chaos magic empowered grundy.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hyper_God

@isaac_clarke said:

Well I'm glad taking away what context I wrote was entertaining for you at least. Oh, you're one of those guys that blows JLU Amazo to epic proportions despite his best feat was BFRing a planet in his way. What was the combined power of the entire GLC in that series? Potentially blowing up half a planet with all their ring's energies - pew that's impressive. Taking down a slew of people that aren't even city busters at their best also isn't much of a feat.

Dr. Fate didn't even bother fighting him and are we talking about this Dr. Fate?

Taking away context ? Wtf are you talking about ? You don't even know the history of Shao Lao , and you backhandedly tried to blow him as a Phoenix-level character . JLU Amazo had enough power to destroy the sub-atomic universe with a mere thought , and it was no hyperbole as he was about to do it as well . You're seriously comparing a being with that kind of power with a dragon that's been beaten throughout its history by kung fu fighters , and who just by happenstance has a plot-based ability to hurt the PF(an Abstract that is renowned for having shitty durability) ? GTFO here .

Thor from Earth's Mightiest Heroes could solo most of the Justice League in that entire series without breaking a sweat.

You've got to be kidding me . Had it not been for Amora the Enchantress's timely intervention , Thor from AEMH would have been killed by Ultron's beam , which Hulk in the same episode no-sold without much difficulty . Thor , the way he was portrayed in that series , is hardly a superior to the likes of Superman , Wonder Woman or Mongul from JLU . Any reasonable mind would instantly see that they are peers , and saying what you just did reeks of bias .

Given how badly floored Thor was repeatedly against these folks (and he was going mono e mono when the Phoenix was eating planets to amp itself up) and Wanda in that entire event was depicted as one of the most powerful characters on the field - it seems like Hope was absorbing quite a bit more impressive power and was unlikely to run for the hills if the ultra mighty chaos magic empowered grundy.

Seeing how we're being picky/choosy about feats here , "those guys" were also captured like weak feebs by Mr Sinister . Magik got knocked around like a ragdoll by Ben Grimm . LOL at you bringing up Worf-Thor to validate the P5's status as some sort of super-big guns that could only be stopped by Galactus or the like . P5 Emma was scared silly when she scanned Thunderbolt Ross's mind and discovered his Loeb-era shenanigans with the SIlver Surfer and the Watcher . Plus , she failed to keep Ross under her mind-control once he started to transform into Rulk . She also was unable to detect Quicksilver stealing away the rogue Sentinel's parts because he was moving extremely fast . Hell , Spider-Man survived a brutal beating at the hands of P4 Magik and P4 Colossus , before they both turned against each other . And this is stuff that I remember off the hook . If I played your game , and actually dug into my AvX collection to lowball the sh1t out of them , the P5 wouldn't even be worth using in street-level battles .

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Pyrogram

@Hyper_God said:

You've got to be kidding me . Had it not been for Amora the Enchantress's timely intervention , Thor from AEMH would have been killed by Ultron's beam , which Hulk in the same episode no-sold without much difficulty

Yes..A beam that Iron man and Captain America can survive would kill Thor yes...Amora tricked the Avengers.. It was so obvious and cannot see how you failed to realize that.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By isaac_clarke

@Hyper_God said:

@isaac_clarke said:

Taking away context ? Wtf are you talking about ? You don't even know the history of Shao Lao ,

You found it entertaining that I mentioned Scott Summers while possessing a large portion of the Phoenix Force, but mostly the Scott Summers part.

and you backhandedly tried to blow him as a Phoenix-level character .

Could you point out where I did that? I'd love to see it myself. And "Phoenix-level character" doesn't mean much outside the context of the narrative it's being described in given the inconsistent levels of power a "Phoenix-level character".

JLU Amazo had enough power to destroy the sub-atomic universe with a mere thought , and it was no hyperbole as he was about to do it as well .

How exactly is it not hyperbole when a character is claimed to be capable of something yet never does anything close to it? JLU levels of power in all honesty were not all that impressive.

You're seriously comparing a being with that kind of power with a dragon that's been beaten throughout its history by kung fu fighters , and who just by happenstance has a plot-based ability to hurt the PF(an Abstract that is renowned for having shitty durability) ? GTFO here .

Said dragon did better than Thor / Mjolnir (albeit its fair to say Thor was under-performing that event by a lot) or most of the heroes on Earth did. But you're putting far too much emphasis on the dragon.

You've got to be kidding me .

I am not.

Had it not been for Amora the Enchantress's timely intervention , Thor from AEMH would have been killed by Ultron's beam , which Hulk in the same episode no-sold without much difficulty .

That would be an assumption, not a fact. Given Thor tanked a blast that was supposedly going to level New York from Khang's ship (19) four episodes prior and even fired it back at said ship - Ultron's beam killing him seems unlikely. It doesn't help that after he leaves Amora he was fighting Ultron one on one without much issue - blocking his energy attacks (even countering them) and cleaving his arm off with a hammer swing(23).

But more power to you if you believe otherwise. The power levels in Earth's mightiest heroes were ridiculous.

Thor , the way he was portrayed in that series , is hardly a superior to the likes of Superman , Wonder Woman or Mongul from JLU . Any reasonable mind would instantly see that they are peers , and saying what you just did reeks of bias .

The Graviton episode earlier on distinguished this to not be remotely the case; Thor was lifting / slowing the decent of a portion of New York with multiple skyscrappers on it and dropping ridiculously large lightning bolts out of the sky to level the surrounding area. He was also tanking as I recalled the Vision doing an atmospheric re-entry kick (I'd have to watch the episode). Superman was depicted all over the place, quite literally tossing a car was a big deal in a fight most of the time in that series.

It has less to do with bias and more to do with the depictions of power - you're memory of the JLU is slightly off if you think anyone in the cast was physically in Thor or the Hulk's league in that series.

Seeing how we're being picky/choosy about feats here , "those guys" were also captured like weak feebs by Mr Sinister . Magik got knocked around like a ragdoll by Ben Grimm . LOL at you bringing up Worf-Thor to validate the P5's status as some sort of super-big guns that could only be stopped by Galactus or the like .

You LOL too much at things that honestly aren't all that funny. I was referring to Thor's battle with the phoenix that for the most part was off panel when it was consuming planets. As soon as the PF found a host(s) he was completely unmatched (something inconsistent given he's dropped someone empowered by the entirety of it before, namely my previous mention).

P5 Emma was scared silly when she scanned Thunderbolt Ross's mind and discovered his Loeb-era shenanigans with the SIlver Surfer and the Watcher . Plus , she failed to keep Ross under her mind-control once he started to transform into Rulk .

I was scared at that series of comics too. Cool on Red Hulk again defying telepathy by being red.

She also was unable to detect Quicksilver stealing away the rogue Sentinel's parts because he was moving extremely fast .

That actually isn't too inconsistent with how speedsters defy telepathy.

Hell , Spider-Man survived a brutal beating at the hands of P4 Magik and P4 Colossus , before they both turned against each other .

I read that too, I have no idea why Spiderman being beaten half to death is a low showing. Given his run career he's beaten individuals empowered by Cyttorak, Heralds and even KOed Galactus while stepping on the rest of the villians from Secret Wars without breaking a sweat. Good feat for them I say.

And this is stuff that I remember off the hook . If I played your game , and actually dug into my AvX collection to lowball the sh1t out of them , the P5 wouldn't even be worth using in street-level battles .

I doubt you could make that case. I really do.

Regardless you really need to stop harping in on me and raging every thread at me. Its the internet, you have better things to do with your life than be mad here.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By SMXLR8

FLAGGED? YES