• 67 results
iamthewolf88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By iamthewolf88

@WillPayton: You say he can't replicate magic, and yet he has done it to Dr. Fate and Zatanna.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By willpayton

@iamthewolf88 said:

@WillPayton: You say he can't replicate magic, and yet he has done it to Dr. Fate and Zatanna.

When did he do that?

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

@WillPayton said:

@iamthewolf88 said:

When did he do that?

AMAZO can replicate metals that disrupt magic.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By willpayton

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

AMAZO can replicate metals that disrupt magic.

That might certainly pose a problem for Alan. I'm just not sure it's enough to give Amazo the win. Alan w/ full Starheart power is a universal-level threat. Even beyond the magic he's got reality warping abilities, which Amazo doesnt AFAIK.

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

@WillPayton: can't he just shrink himself to a microscopic level and teleport inside Alan's head and than expand to normal size thus blowing Alan up?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By willpayton

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

@WillPayton: can't he just shrink himself to a microscopic level and teleport inside Alan's head and than expand to normal size thus blowing Alan up?

Hmm, an interesting idea. On the other hand, Alan is basically made up of the magical energy from the Starheart... which is why he can look older or younger if he wants to, the body is just a construct of the Starheart. So I dont think it would kill him, if Amazo could even teleport inside him at all.

I guess it comes down to exactly how much the Nth metal duplicated by Amazo could disrupt the magical energy of Alan, and how much the reality warping ability could affect that.

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

@WillPayton:Well Nthl metal godstomped solomon grundy who was unaffected by the efforts of Doctor Strange [lol typo] Fate (he used all sorts of magical attacks)

Nthl metal's best feat is easily diminishing one of the the most powerful magic variants in its universe!

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By beatboks1

@Ultra_Girl_ said:

thatt would do nothing to a being of pure magic energy who wills himself to be what he wants. That's whaat i don't get here, Alan litterally determinees what he is by his own mind. If he wants to be old he is, young, if he saw himself as a woman he'd become a woman. when he lost his eye he remained withiut it becausse his guilt made him feel he should have suffered. when he got over the guilt it just grew back. he can literally only be harmeed if in some way he mentally allows it. Johns retconned every time he'd been haarmeed to be beecause he was mentally tired and believed himself to be weak to ssomething. with full starheeart he wont be so mentally affected and hence why he could take direct blows from severall kryptonian level beings without eve being scratched

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By theONEtaichou

@WillPayton said:

@theONEtaichou said:

@joeagentofhand1 said:

@SSJ4Hulk: You do know Alan soloed DC Earth right?

All from Beatboks1

Amazo only soloed a weaker incarnation of the Justice League

Looking from the scans Alan is a BEAST! Alas AMAZO still has my vote, I see no reason he could not just copy anything Alan does, even his power, and then wreck him. Only that questions keeps me in the golden android's back!

I dont remember Amazo being able to copy magical powers, since he's not magical in nature. He uses tech to copy other tech and physical powers.

You mean in the series? Or the comics?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By willpayton

@theONEtaichou said:

@WillPayton said:

@theONEtaichou said:

@joeagentofhand1 said:

All from Beatboks1

Looking from the scans Alan is a BEAST! Alas AMAZO still has my vote, I see no reason he could not just copy anything Alan does, even his power, and then wreck him. Only that questions keeps me in the golden android's back!

I dont remember Amazo being able to copy magical powers, since he's not magical in nature. He uses tech to copy other tech and physical powers.

Either, although only the TV series applies to this battle.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By theONEtaichou

@WillPayton said:

@theONEtaichou said:

@WillPayton said:

@theONEtaichou said:

@joeagentofhand1 said:

All from Beatboks1

Either, although only the TV series applies to this battle.

in the comics he has copied magical abilities, I think Zatanna and/or WW lasso I think (need to check though)... but in the series he never copied magical powers but he never tried to anyway... so meh! No argument can be made he cannot just copy Alan Scott's powers nor the counter argument can be made he can! Therein is the crux of the matter

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Dredeuced

How is Alan Scott going to hurt him when he can just turn himself into anti magic metal? I think full Starheart Alan Scott is generally stronger, but Amazo can make himself out of a material that cannot be affected by magic.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By beatboks1

@Dredeuced said:

How is Alan Scott going to hurt him when he can just turn himself into anti magic metal? I think full Starheart Alan Scott is generally stronger, but Amazo can make himself out of a material that cannot be affected by magic.

Alaan's power is magic, but that doesn't limit him to just magic attacks. He has used his power to alter other things in the past. Even in his early adventures he would matter manipulate altering one maaterial into another ( metal to papr for example). He has been shown several times absorbing and using non magic energy ( which Nth metal would not protect against). He's controlled natural forces to fight for him. Not to mention empowering others with super powers that aren't magic based

I still have haad noone explain how Amazo cann harm Alaan when he litterally determines his sstate of existencce with his own will. The only way to truly destroy him permantly is to cut him off from the stsrheart. A feat tthat thus far has only been done by two of DC's most powerful magical beings ( Mordru and Eclipso). A feat I really don't see Amazo replicating

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By willpayton

bump

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By terry2012

Bump.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DireDrill

Amazo duplicated Wonder Woman's Lasso without any issue and it is magic. DCAU Nth Metal disrupts all magic and can even disrupt dimensional shifting.

All of Alan's supposed non-magic feats are indeed magic feats. It is no different from a mage casting fireball, his magic allows him to manipulate the elements. Alan simply uses his magic to manipulate other forms of energy but ultimately his control of said energy is attained through magic which should be disrupted by DCAU Nth Metal. His reality warping is through magic like the Scarlet Witch which means that if Amazo coats himself in Nth Metal he would be immune to all the potential effects that Alan throws at him.

I am not saying that Amazo wins but he should definitely be able to duplicate the Starheart and could deal some incredible blows to Alan as his Mace will disrupt him.

I think this ends in a stalemate to be honest.

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazo