• 99 results
#1 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

Har Har I haven't even seen the new movie yet, I just wanted to make this thread before anybody else!  

Spider-man vs Spider-man

Rules: 
- Takes place in NYC 
- To make things fair lets only use Spider-Man 1 feats for Tobey 
- Standard equipment  
- No prep 
- Morals on 

#2 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if I haven't seen the Movie yet, I would still answer this, Tobey Maguire spidey wins, more showings,

#3 Posted by Pwok21 (2263 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew Garfield wins.

#4 Posted by Saren (25617 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember the feats from Spider-Man 1 but with feats from all three movies Maguire's Spider-Man wins because of greater demonstrations of strength and endurance.

#5 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah this isnt fair all we have for andrew are trailers and teasers, i'd say he looks to be a bit quicker and just as strong? i cant judge this fairly off so little though. im going with Tobey cuz i havent seen much from andrew yet, i DO THINK andrew will have better showings though.

#6 Posted by darktiger (4458 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Tobey

#7 Posted by Saren (25617 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by JediXMan (30337 posts) - - Show Bio

Toby had three movies and five villains. Andrew only has one villain. I'm sorry but there's no way for him to get to a level where he can beat Toby with so few feats.

I haven't seen the new movie yet, but I will.

#9 Posted by Nefarious (19742 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man wins. 

#10 Posted by Erik (32286 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane:

And Tobey's costume looks better.

#11 Posted by JediXMan (30337 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane:

Agreed.

#12 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane:

it does look better

#13 Posted by Saren (25617 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: Andrew's acting is still far superior to this:

#14 Posted by metalman24 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

Andrew Garfield wins.

This.

#15 Posted by Erik (32286 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Erik: Andrew's acting is still far superior to this:

Damn... Crushed my debate yet again. You are becoming a debating jedi.

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

And he's funny.

#17 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

The feats from all three movies are only in the bonus round.....!!!! The main round is movie 1 vs movie 1

#18 Posted by Spydey (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Tobey. Pete's got organic webbing. He'll never run out. And he stopped a train...and held up that building. And he stopped a train. They never made a spider-man 3.

#19 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

For what I have seen in the previews, Spider-Tobey is far faster than Spider-Andrew has shown until now.

#20 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I think Tobey can take him...... 
(Just got back from the movie....mixed feelings......)

#21 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane:

Agreed.

Co-signed.

#22 Posted by SpectresWrath01 (208 posts) - - Show Bio

Tobey's Spiderman can make his own webs. The Amazing Spidermans has to make them. In terms of strength Ill give it to Amazing Spiderman though.

Over all winner is Tobeys Spidey Id say.

#23 Posted by terry2012 (5074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spydey: They did made a Spider-man 3. You must have forgotten it? Unless you was referring to Amazing Spider-man.

#24 Posted by Spydey (401 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

@Spydey: They did made a Spider-man 3. You must have forgotten it? Unless you was referring to Amazing Spider-man.

Shhhhhhhhhhh. The Spider-man name can not be ruined by such a title. Even if it did break records. It never happened, man. v_v It never happened.

#25 Posted by Nefarious (19742 posts) - - Show Bio

My boy Tobey would own Andrew any day of the week...twice on Sunday.

#26 Posted by terry2012 (5074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Spydey: Lol

#27 Posted by terry2012 (5074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious: Why twice on sunday? Is he gonna take him to church?

#28 Posted by Ms. Omega (4441 posts) - - Show Bio

Toby stopped a train nuff said.

#29 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Toby outfit is also >>>>>> to Andrews. His look so garbage.

#30 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the current spiderman looked more agile apart from that the earlier spiderman has better strength feats, not just more, like stopping a train.

#31 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

Tobey wins

#32 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew Garfield wins. He was a hell of a lot faster, much more acrobatic, and his skill with his webs were great.

#33 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9596 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't stop the train in the first movie but Tobey still has the greater strength and durability feats anyways, taking a grenade to the face, holding up a trolley full of people with one arm. However, I think Andrew has him in speed......and web skill.....

#34 Posted by KraytRawk (628 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

Yeah, I think Tobey can take him...... (Just got back from the movie....mixed feelings......)

i feel exactly the same, although, i liked the fight scenes in The Amazing Spderman more..

#35 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9596 posts) - - Show Bio
@KraytRawk:  
Neh...I gotta go with the Raimi film, although I did like Spider-Man's fighting style in the new one better 

#36 Posted by ComicStooge (12549 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew's webs could hit with a lot more force then Toby's, he was also much faster, more agile and seems to have more skill.

#37 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Andrew's web is how the web is supposed to be, but aside that Toby's Spiderman was far stronger, could jump a helluv alot higher, had far more durability and faster healing, his endurance is better, better spider senses, and overall fighting ability and his webs can stick in the air (Ever noticed that when he's swinging in the city?)

Andrew's Spiderman show's better agility, but all he really relies on is evading. He's not as offensive as Toby nor can he take a hit like Toby can. Don't get me wrong, the new movie is great and a must see, but Toby is already Legend.

#38 Posted by nickzambuto (13392 posts) - - Show Bio

ASM Spidey was about 10 times faster and more agile. He dodged lik, 5 point blank bullets while cracking a joke. I don't remember Toby having many speed feats.

Andrew also had better web action, with his speed and skill he could potentially incacipitate Toby like he did to Lizard. Lizard eventually broke free, but he was probably stronger than Toby anyway (he was running across the bridge, just backhanding cars out of his way).

Even if Toby can brake free, Andrew can just pummel him while he's restrained.

#39 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure, but I know Andrew Spidey is closer to comic than Toby Spidey.

#40 Posted by jashro44 (20804 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

ASM Spidey was about 10 times faster and more agile. He dodged lik, 5 point blank bullets while cracking a joke. I don't remember Toby having many speed feats.

Andrew also had better web action, with his speed and skill he could potentially incacipitate Toby like he did to Lizard. Lizard eventually broke free, but he was probably stronger than Toby anyway (he was running across the bridge, just backhanding cars out of his way).

Even if Toby can brake free, Andrew can just pummel him while he's restrained.

I agree with this for the most part all though Tobey spider-man is probably stronger then lizard based off the train feat. I might need to rewatch the tobey movies to refresh my memory. Amazing spider-man should win based off what I can remember.

#41 Posted by JediXMan (30337 posts) - - Show Bio

Tobey stomps. Stronger, faster, and fought smarter.

#42 Posted by bump1010 (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: What did Tobey do to say he was faster?

#43 Posted by JediXMan (30337 posts) - - Show Bio

@bump1010 said:

@JediXMan: What did Tobey do to say he was faster?

Fought faster enemies. And frankly, his spider sense was much sharper than Andrew's.

#44 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@AngryHulks said:

Only the web device, that's true, but everything else not so. Andrew didn't display incredible healing, and strength like Tobey did. Also Andrew's Spiderman didn't display greater Spider Senses. He got shot by a bullet!

#45 Posted by nickzambuto (13392 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Tobey had 0 speed feats, nor did he ever do anything particularly smart, unless you can point out some instances.

Andrew though, was indeed a genius. Like when he waited for Lizard to disturb one of his webs in the sewer to find him, or using the liquid nitrogen against him.

#46 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@AngryHulks said:

Only the web device, that's true, but everything else not so. Andrew didn't display incredible healing, and strength like Tobey did. Also Andrew's Spiderman didn't display greater Spider Senses. He got shot by a bullet!

Aside from web shooter, there is Gwen Stacy.

#47 Edited by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@AngryHulks said:

@AngryHulks said:

Aside from web shooter, there is Gwen Stacy.

Oh yeah. Her face was priceless during the kiss scene lol!

#48 Posted by JediXMan (30337 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@JediXMan said:

Tobey had 0 speed feats, nor did he ever do anything particularly smart, unless you can point out some instances.

Andrew though, was indeed a genius. Like when he waited for Lizard to disturb one of his webs in the sewer to find him, or using the liquid nitrogen against him.

Tobey used his head to beat every one of his enemies. He electrocuted Doc Ock, used water on Sandman, used sonic vibrations on Venom, ripped out the stabilizer from Green Goblin's glider, and others.

Speed feats:

Catching the falling food from MJ's tray.

Catching MJ herself - twice - in a free fall.

Matching Gwen Stacy in a free fall.

Dodging Doc Ock, who was faster than the Lizard.

@AngryHulks said:

He's also not that smart. Garfield didn't even make his own webbing! That pissed me off. He just used Ozcorp's technology, not his own.

#49 Posted by bump1010 (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: How were his enemies any faster? Andrew dodged some bullets at pretty close range. I don't recall tobey doing anything like that.

#50 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: He did invent the web-shooter in the basement himself, not the cartridge and substances itself though. He also have better sense of humor, just like comic Spidey.