#1 Edited by laflux (15896 posts) - - Show Bio

Agent Jackson

Amazing Spider-Man

Rules

Agent Jackson is the real world, but has the powers and abilities he displays in the matrix. However, If Agent Jackson is killed or defeated, he cannot possess another body to reanimate himself.

Round one- No Webbing for Spider-Man.

Round two- Webbing is allowed.

Morals off.

Win by K.O, Death, Incap or Submission.

Arena

#3 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey clears

#4 Posted by laflux (15896 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats for agents

From 1.15 Superhuman strength enough to decimate and flip a 1 ton car by jumping on it, effortless bullet dodging at point blank range.

Fight against Morpheus, a martial arts master of multiple styles, with Peak human/Low level Superhuman stats.

#5 Posted by laflux (15896 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by theONEtaichou (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

The Agent curbstomps

#7 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

Agents

#9 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@carter_esque: Reasons?

Think about Spidey's track record bruh... he's beaten enemies way stronger than this although I will admit that some of those victories were won as the result of PIS. The agents in the Matrix were certainly formidable street lv. entities and Jackson's strength, speed, and acrobatics appear to be on par w/ Spidey's. Jackson is also a better H2H fighter overall since Spidey is more or less self-taught. Okay, so stating that Spidey clears might've been "jumpin' the gun" a bit; the only way he'd win round one w/o webbing is if he was wearing the symbiote.

#10 Edited by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spidey isn't as strong and also all the Agents appear to have superb fighting skills... Something that Spidey doens't have.

#11 Posted by laflux (15896 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by laflux (15896 posts) - - Show Bio

@ddecourt: Spider-Man punches hurt Lizard, and he was able to hold a 2 Ton Jeep with one for a significant period of time (although he was showing strain- he didn't let go, the bumper broke off). I don't think the strength difference is that large, if there is one.

@inconvenient_truth:

The Agent curbstomps

struggling to see how this a stomp..............

#13 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by King Saturn (224186 posts) - - Show Bio

Agent Jackson wins

Agent Jackson should be much quicker and a far better technical fighter than The Lizard was... meaning Spidey would be in a heck of a position fighting a Martial Arts master with quickness that could equal his own and Strength that is near equal if not greater....

#15 Edited by laflux (15896 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque said:

@laflux said:

@carter_esque: This the movie version

Oh... my answer still remains the same.

How can it remain exactly the same? Movie Spider-Man hasn't really beaten anyone noticeable. The Lizard was beating him down handily, apart from that, Spider-Man has only tested himself against a Swat Team, which he took down Handily. That's something an Agent could do easily as well. Also I didn't state that Spider-Man had the Symbiote, which did not enhance 616 Spider-Man. That's a myth spread by the Ultimate Spider-Man comics, and every TV/Movie Spider-Man appearance apart from Spider-Man Unlimited and Ultimate Spider-Man.

#16 Posted by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm leaning toward the Agent.

#17 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I'm agreeing with you that Spidey would lose round 1 and I stated why in my last reply..

In the second round, it's arguable but Agent Johnson didn't show me anything in that movie that would convince me that he can beat Amazing Spidey w/ webbing. Spidey'll just web him up and rush in for the knockout punch (or beat down) while the agent is still trying to free himself.

#18 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10058 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone notice title says Agent Jackson while the the OP says Agent Johnson?

#19 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

The strength difference seems to be relatively small but we've never really seen any significant feats from the Agents. Pete was shown to catch cars that fell off the bridge and hold them with webbing long enough to attach them to the bridge without much effort. The SUV he held when saving the small boy only fell because the bumper broke off. Besides that, he doesn't have any impressive strength feats either.

As for the real differentiating factor, I'd say the Agents have superb reaction speed as they dodged dozens of bullets effortlessly at point-blank range when completely aware, but they have been caught off guard before. In terms of combat speed, I'd say Peter has the advantage as it seemed Morpheus held his own and the Agents never truly utilized any impressive speed feats during combat.

Concerning the webbing, I'm not sure how much Peter can use it to his advantage here or if it will even be of any help. There's a high chance the Agents could avoid it or simply break out of it, although completely encompassing the Agent with webbing as he did to Connors might work. Without it though, I'd say the Agents hold a larger skill level in terms of hand-to-hand.

Agent might win the first round while Peter could grab the second via incapacitation.

#20 Edited by Hyperlight (5822 posts) - - Show Bio

im with the agent

#21 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

The strength difference seems to be relatively small but we've never really seen any significant feats from the Agents. Pete was shown to catch cars that fell off the bridge and hold them with webbing long enough to attach them to the bridge without much effort. The SUV he held when saving the small boy only fell because the bumper broke off. Besides that, he doesn't have any impressive strength feats either.

As for the real differentiating factor, I'd say the Agents have superb reaction speed as they dodged dozens of bullets effortlessly at point-blank range when completely aware, but they have been caught off guard before. In terms of combat speed, I'd say Peter has the advantage as it seemed Morpheus held his own and the Agents never truly utilized any impressive speed feats during combat.

Concerning the webbing, I'm not sure how much Peter can use it to his advantage here or if it will even be of any help. There's a high chance the Agents could avoid it or simply break out of it, although completely the Agent with webbing as he did to Connors might work. Without it though, I'd say the Agents hold a larger skill level in terms of hand-to-hand.

Agent might win the first round while Peter could grab the second via incapacitation.

QFT

#22 Edited by laflux (15896 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

Concerning the webbing, I'm not sure how much Peter can use it to his advantage here or if it will even be of any help. There's a high chance the Agents could avoid it or simply break out of it, although completely the Agent with webbing as he did to Connors might work. Without it though, I'd say the Agents hold a larger skill level in terms of hand-to-hand.

A sound analysis.

Though just to point, Spider-Man did dodge multiple Gunshots from the police officer fairly easily.

And as for Agents not using their speed in Combat, I'd say that's usually the case, Although Agent Smith (Pre Virus upgrade) was able to Speed-Blitz Neo with his punches (and he's supposed to be inferior to agent Jackson, though I would contest that due to feats).

Neo by this stage was a bullet timer as well.

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I'm not disputing that Peter did effortlessly dodge a few shots point blank from a police officer and from a casual stance as well. Although, Agent Jackson seemed to effortlessly dodge far more shots and from a more restricted stand-point. In that regard, I consider him on an even footing or perhaps faster than Pete.

Good call on Smith speed-blitzing Neo, but Agents have been very rarely shown to do that, especially to opponents they would tend to underestimate. Evidently, they tend to be relatively arrogant. But yes, going by feats, Smith is far superior to that of the other Agents as he took an rather skilled Neo even before he fully obtained the power of "The One" and he seemed to hold his own better than Morpheus did.

#24 Edited by Schmalzel (339 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I hate to say it being a Spidey fan, but Movie Versions, the first movie doesn't show enough feats for Spidey to clear, he loses without his Webbing, but beats him with his Webbing. It this was comic Spidey, he would stomp in both, his feats are far superior then just 1 ton strength, and being able to keep up with the likes of many martial arts masters, Wolvie, Iron Fist, just to name 2. But movie version has very little feats other then learning is powers and spidey sense. Which would be enough to take Agent with his webbing.

#25 Edited by laflux (15896 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Agent Jackson, rather easily.

#27 Posted by laflux (15896 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#28 Edited by Clark_EL (2654 posts) - - Show Bio

Agents

#29 Posted by nerdork (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

Agent Jackson wins

Agent Jackson should be much quicker and a far better technical fighter than The Lizard was... meaning Spidey would be in a heck of a position fighting a Martial Arts master with quickness that could equal his own and Strength that is near equal if not greater....

Agreed!

Agent Action Jackson FTW!

#30 Edited by theONEtaichou (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

I still have not seen anything in the Amazing Spiderman movie that would ensure a victory here against an Agent. I think Tobey Maguire's Spiderman should be used...

#31 Posted by laflux (15896 posts) - - Show Bio

I still have not seen anything in the Amazing Spiderman movie that would ensure a victory here against an Agent. I think Tobey Maguire's Spiderman should be used...

Toby Maguire Spider-Man would win too easily in my Opinion. Strength Wise and durability Wise, he's pretty much on Par with his Comicbook version, the only thing The Agent may have an advantage in is Speed, and even that is debatable. And then there is the webbing.........

#32 Posted by theONEtaichou (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@theonetaichou said:

Toby Maguire Spider-Man would win too easily in my Opinion. Strength Wise and durability Wise, he's pretty much on Par with his Comicbook version, the only thing The Agent may have an advantage in is Speed, and even that is debatable. And then there is the webbing.........

yeah you are right

good day

#33 Edited by laflux (15896 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#34 Posted by Picard (999 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO Spider-man would win after a good fight. Yes, agent is better fighter and he have comparable reaction time and reflexes. But there are two things that Peter have that agent don't have. One: spider sense, it warns him about danger. Two: web shooters, they give him great distance advantage. He don't need to come close to use his webbing. He also can walk on walls so he can attack from above etc.

I also think that people overestimate agents strenght. Yes, they are superstrong, but not as strong as Peter was. Jumping on a car and fliping it is not this same as holding it with one arm. In case of agent you must add his body weight and his momentum to the equation, he didn't do that by his strenght alone. So it doesn't really counts. I think that this alone is making Peter much stronger than agent was: