beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

battles will take place here

No Caption Provided

In the magical land that time forgot of Skataris. The dimensional gateways to this world are sealed and all those with the power of dimensional travel will be unable to breach this barrier. their travel will be confined within the time lost land.

Combatants will have four weeks of prep but that prep will be in Skataris with the resources available there only. Combatants will begin at the tops of the two mountain ranges on opposite sides of Skataris.

RULES

These characters are amalgams of the choices made. They are a completely new character. each character will get

• from the Body - physical aspects only. Strength, speed, durability, endurance, damage soak and healing
  • From the mind the learned things and character of the mind. They will have none of the powers of these characters unless those powers are the direct result of learned behavior.
  • from the powerset - the powers. This will NOT include anything physical in nature.
  • from the item whatever the item can bring when wielded by the mind and body chosen. If an item requires a particular physicality or character trait to perform certain tasks that is not a part of this build than they will be denied that aspect of the item.
  • POST LIMIT - in light of the many tourneys lately becoming war and peace all battles will be restricted to 7 battle posts plus one summation post where you can make closing arguments but NOT add any new information not offered before hand. Debaters can uses the 7 however they see fit to make their case. This should hopefully make it an easier read and more likely to actually get some votes
  • When down to voting all votes MUST be on the debate offered not on who you think should have won.
  • Debate will be open for a maximum of 5 days before closed by me once a thread starts
  • Characters who have the power of power duplications/copy, can only copy the powers as they fit within draft choices and can only unlock more potential of their own character build has that capability.

These amalgams may have the ability to use these powers or physicals to greater levels than the chosen drafts IF they can make a reasonable and believable explanation as to why they have unlocked such ability because of how they have built the character. For example a character chosen in a body slot may be able to have it's powers used if either the mind, power or the item can reasonably be used to access them. Similarly with the powers etc.

@iragexcudder; @cosmicallyaware1 and @progenitor

Still need to fill their etams

Teams so far

Beatboks1

• Body - Jarred Stephens (Fate)
  • Mind - Vic Sage (Question)
  • Powerset - Justice ( Tenison Marvel New Universe)
  • power item - Ruby Of life

Vs@diredrill

• · Body - The Iron Giant
  • · Mind - Forge
  • · Powerset - Madison Jeffries
  • · Power Item - Tactigon

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Backflip

Excited for this one. Ngl, I'm hoping Beatboks1 sticks it to Diredrill as karma for the arrogance ;) Although tbf, Diredrill has enough potential to really screw with anyone in the tournament so it's gonna be close, but it's also gonna be a great battle :P

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill

POST #1

Introducing my character Doctor Destiny

Body - Jarred Stephens / Fate

With the body of Jarred I have super strength and incredible durability. When the amulet of Anubis was crushed and exploded in his hand Jarred was bathed in it's power. He was also later further strengthened when the Helm of Nabu was dissolved. The result is that he doesn't need to sleep or eat. He can fight indefinitely and never tires. he survived a 747 crash landing and exploding ( the only survivor) and has an incredible healing factor. It took "enough drugs to drop a herd of elephants" just to put him down and he didn't fall until after his adversaries had left the battle. His ability to fight for how ever long it takes perfectly demonstrated when he fought a dimension/realm full of demons for as long as it took to close the portal to earth. he asslo has one arm that is pure chaos that when unleashed morphs into whatever atrocity is required to fight how ever many he needs to.

Mind Vic Sage Question

Having the mind of Vic combines several things in one

1. I get the combat knowledge of a martial artist trained by Richard Dragon who has had fair showings against Lady Shiva. Plus incredible acrobatic skill

The last 2 are the Shiva fight/spar after Dragon's training

2. I get an highly analytical mind that has even bested some of DC's best prep masters ( like Lex Luthor) when they had prep and he did not

3. the third and most important for my amalgam is that i get Vic's knowledge of magic. Yes that's right Vic Sage the Question has managed to teach himself the ways of magic courtesy of the gas that bonds his mask to his face and repeated and continuous exposure to it's hallucinogenic effects. In these states he learned to walk the other side of the spirit world and gained their secrets. With this knowledge he is capable of illusions, clairvoyance, Jedi like mind tricks, fighting spiritually, using "earth power" by playing to earth to have the energies around him grant his "wish".

As you can see from some of these scans his illusions fool even the super senses of Superman.

powerset - Justice ( Tenison) marvel New Universe

With Justice's powerset i get the ability to create energy shields that have withstood explosions powerful enough to bring down buildings ( these explosions did breach the shields but they protected Justice and innocents). I also get energy blasts that can and have vaporized/ atomized humans. He does this by drawing power from his aura (Ki) to power his blasts. aside from this he has the ability to read and track auras and see into souls. With focus of his aura he can even heal and has in fact regrown a hand but it took a couple of weeks to do.

Power item - Ruby of Life.

The mystical talisman the Ruby of life gives me the power of healing, astral projection, the power to animate and control inanimate objects and minor sell craft. it also allows me to have mystic senses.

These things alone while impressive and making for a powerful character are nothing compared to what the amalgamation of all of them can give my character.

The Unlocks

No Caption Provided

With Justice i have the power to tap my ki and power blasts and force fields or move that ki to heal.Yet Vic Sage's mind also gives me the knowledge of how to reach out and tap the Ki of the very planet.

If Justice can atomize a human with blasts powered by just his own ki how much more damage will he do when the Ki of the entire Earth ( or Skartaris) is in play, how much more durable will his shields be.

If he can move his Ki enough to regrow a hand when his power is only drawn from his personal aura the possibilities are endless when he can draw or manipulate and move power on a global scale.

Vic has the power to sense things and gain knowledge from a far with just his learned abilities. Yet in New universal Justice's ability to "read souls/auras got a massive upgrade. just being in the presence of someone allowed him to know everything about them every instant of their life

No Caption Provided

Combining Vic and justice means I will know your every thought and have clairvoyance of your actions. The fact that both these abilities are so close to the ability of Fate (Jarred) so see the future and the Fate of everything he sees, plus portents to things about to happen and see through all illusion (even the illusion of reality) means i will also unlock Jarred full vision powers other wise denied me. These power are what allows him to also travel the spartial tangents and teleport and dimensional travel. I suddenly gain instant transportation, combining that with the ability to see the future as clearly as combining Vic's urban shaman abilities with the unlocked sight of Fate and the ability to the Ruby make it almost impossible to make any attack I'm not prepared for. Vic's abilities make it easy for my character to be in contact with any soul and know all they know.

Combining Jarred's healing with that of the Ruby AND the ability of Justice amped by a much greater battery on which to draw will make putting me down VERY hard.

No Caption Provided

Just a little start for my amalgam

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@beatboks1: Post #1

Just a quick question, if I need something clarified and make a post does that count towards the 7 post limit?

The Body : The Iron Giant

First and foremost I would like to show just what the Iron Giant is capable of doing. I show this only because the Iron Giant is an awesome movie and should be seen by everyone.

Loading Video...

Now forget all that you saw in the video because it will be drastically changed. All you really need to gather from the video is that I have a 100 foot tall robot packed with advanced alien technology and enough power to keep it running.

The Mind : Forge

I want to make it abundantly clear that I am not using the current Forge but the crazy one from Ghost Box. I have the mind of the best inventor in all of comics because he literally can invent anything. On top of being a technological genius, he has an extensive knowledge of magic and is more than capable of standing toe to toe with magic users. Lastly, Forge is a trained soldier and marksman with years of combat experience.

The Powers : Madison Jeffries

Madison Jeffries is a technopathic powerhouse. His powers give my amalgam the power to manipulate technology as he see fits. Need a laser gun, he can make one out of a toaster. In addition to that, he also has senses dedicated to see how technology works which will be important later.

The Item : The Tactigon

The Tactigon is a piece of alien technology that bonds with a host and enables a whole host of tactical options. It is has been deemed an Omega Level Threat putting it on the level of X-man.

Put it all together and what do you get?

You get one of the most powerful technological beings in comics. Forge's inventive powers are a combination of subconscious superhuman processing and his ability to see how technology works. As I have chosen his mind, I only get access to one of those abilities but because I have Madison Jeffries Technosenses I effectively have the other component I need for Forge's power to work. The restrictions on my character's body makes it impossible for access all the cool disintegrators, energy cannons, and lasers the Iron Giant has built into its body but again thanks to Madison Jeffries, I have access to all of them. The Tactigon has generally been limited because of how comparatively stupid its previous users have been they've only unlocked the very basics of what it was capable of doing. Forge's highly analytical mind and Madison Jeffries power will easily unlock all of its potential allowing it to become the Omega Level Threat it has been described as.

Pertinent Inventions

These are things that Forge has built previously that will be pertinent to this debate. Please note that this is not a complete listing of all he is capable but of things I will be making use of initially.

• Nimrod - This Mutant Hunting Robot houses enough destructive potential that its one of the biggest threats that the X-men collectively have faced.
  • The Neo-Neutralizer - This device was built to completely neutralize all the magic power of an entire planet.
  • Power Inhibitor - This device was designed to rob superhumans of their superhuman abilities.
  • Artificial Mutants - Forge didn't invent mutants but he knows how to create them and actually had built an army of them.
  • Portable Cerebro - This device can give any person access to the power of Cerebro.
  • Power Enhancer - This device enhances the power of whoever is wielding it.
  • Time Travel Device - This allows for travel through time.

Preparations

As can probably be guessed, my team will be an absolute prep monster. I'll be referring to my Amalgam as the Technomaster.

First, as only dimensional travel was deemed illegal I'll assume that time travel is perfectly within the rules. So I'll have Technomaster convert part of his body into a time travel device and travel back a hundred years. He'll then whip up a power enhancer and enhance his senses allowing him to sense all the technological materials in the earth below. He uses his powerful weapons to unearth them and start absorbing them using Madison's powers. He then starts creating industrial machines that will facilitate his prep namely the construction of Nimrods, Portable Cerebros, and the breeding of Artificial Mutants. This will take a matter of moments as Madison's powers will be enhanced and he is only limited by what his body can physically take. The Iron Giant as a machine has unlimited endurance so Madison's power will have virtually no limit. This should take about a week of Technomaster's prep to set his machines in action.

After getting his production facilities up, Technomaster starts building powerplants to power his Neo-Neutralizer and Portable Cerebros. It is at this time that he starts modifying himself. He turns himself into a giant 100 foot tall Nimrod with a Neo Neutalizer on one his left arm and the Tactigon on the other. Technomaster's regeneration, strength, speed, and energy projection are now well above the limits of the tourney making him a powerhouse unlike any other. This should take around another week of his prep.

The last two weeks are used traveling through time and ensuring that the systems he has developed are functioning correctly over the 100 years he is leaving them to run on their own. Anything that needs correcting will be done of course.

It Begins!

By the time my prep is over and Technomaster returns to the present, Skartaris will not in anyway resemble the map you laid out. It will be swarming with Nimrods, Alpha and Omega Level Artificial Mutants, and enough industrialization that it will look more like Coruscant than temperate Skartaris. Effectively Skartaris will be mine to command and control. When you finally arrive, you will be immediately detected and thousands of Nimrods will begin attacking you. Thousands more telepaths will begin using the Cerebros to start attacking your mind. Technomaster will plug himself into the massive power infrastructure of Skartaris and start hitting you with the Neo-Neutralizer which will completely remove all magic in your location. With no magic to rely upon, my Nimrods will destroy you.

Your guy, regardless of what prep you bring to bear, will be completely incapable of responding to Technomaster's terrifying domination of Skartaris and his gigantic army.

Counters

Your vision powers are useless here because there is no soul or aura for you to read because machines have no soul or aura. Fate's vision powers only apply to the future not the past so he will be unable to read what is about to happen because Technomaster will be traveling back in time. My Neo-Neutralizer renders all of your powers inoperable to begin with so it doesn't matter how powerful your healing is because it will be gone. Given that the Tactigon, Forge's mind, and Madison's powers allow my Technomaster to adapt on the fly, there is no attack you can create that will even slow them down.

I finally built a science team that can take down any and all magic users brought against it.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill:

Just a quick question, if I need something clarified and make a post does that count towards the 7 post limit?

Yes if it's a post in the thread it counts. The only thing that wont is the thread set up post provided there is no debate in it. If there is it counts too.

First, as only dimensional travel was deemed illegal I'll assume that time travel is perfectly within the rules. So I'll have Technomaster convert part of his body into a time travel device and travel back a hundred years. He'll then whip up a power enhancer and enhance his senses allowing him to sense all the technological materials in the earth below.

Time manip was banned as a power available ( and taking things from the past or altering the past is major time manip) But for you only in this round only I'll allow it as it appears you don't have much else to bring to the table. Apparently you can't build a character to win without flouting the rules ( the ones you called so many other on flouting when they weren't). All other players reading be warned you will be denied it if you try it was one of only three things completely denied all choices.

Your vision powers are useless here because there is no soul or aura for you to read because machines have no soul or aura.

Ha ha, you have Forge's mind. He's organic, making you a cyborg. A living being with a soul. You also know it damn well or you wouldn't have fought so hard against Esquire having Tao. You know what, I'll give you this too, it's completely inconsequential.

Fate's vision powers only apply to the future not the past so he will be unable to read what is about to happen because Technomaster will be traveling back in time.

Can you get it any more wrong. Fate's vision is to see through illusion, deception and the truth. When he once watched an Aboriginal medicine man he saw his past present and future. He's also seen portents of dangers elsewhere in the world happening now. I am however feeling generous ( and you certainly seem to need the help) so I'll let you have this to.

Things you completely overlooked.

1. Skataris in the here and now is an agrarian backward tribal society more based on wizardry than science. A hundred years in the past you'll have even less to draw on technologically speaking. In fact the only technology that exists are things like Morgan's US air craft that have come through the dimensional veil in the last couple of dozen years. For such a prep monster it's amazing he couldn't come up with prep that would actually work. Four weeks simply isn't enough time for your character with his limited resources to mine ores and then turn them into something of any consequence. Frankly if this is your great gmbit it's sadly lacking

2. Your plan also involves taking resources from the earth and using them against my character. My mind can get in tune with the earth (planet), it "speaks to him" and yet your think I'm going to have an issue knowing what you've done?? I don't need to know what you think or your past thoughts/actions. You've taken all your resources from my very source of knowledge.

3. Even with the limitations to my sight that I've allowed, Fate ( unlocked by Vic and Tenison) gives me the ability to see the future, I've already seen every single action your going to take in battle before the battle has commenced and my prep time was spent creating counters.

My Prep. In the first 20 minutes I go into a deep meditation and from that learn of what resources you've taken from the planet, as well as learn all your future attack plans. I've already seen exactly how you've played out your attack and then start to work on creating counter measures. Now knowing the path your attack plan will take I then use the remaining 3 weeks, 6 , 23 hours and 40 minutes to teleport to multiple point along your attack path. I will naturally start closest to your point of origin ( since I'll know your not there). As I stop at each point along your path I will touch as many things as I can lay my hands on. This is so that once you begin your trek toward me You will be passing objects completely under the magical animated control of the Ruby of Life.

Even these scans from early All American and Action comics show how with the ruby Sargon could control anything he touched even before a battle to fight for him. To the point where he used the clothes of his adversaries to tie them up.

Basically as you progress along the way of your attack you will have to fight every rock, tree, or inanimate object i saw potential in over nearly 4 weeks of covering your intended path. You wont get a chance to get near me ( even if you could know where I was, which with illusions form both Vic and the Ruby you wont).

The beauty of this plan is that any change you make to the path you take will have mean I saw the future differently at the start of my prep and changed my own path of prep.

My Neo-Neutralizer renders all of your powers inoperable to begin with so it doesn't matter how powerful your healing is because it will be gone.

hahaha ROFLMAO, sorry but i got a real belly laugh out of this. for several reasons.

1. How the hell do you even know where to aim the damn thing since with illusions I wont even be where I seem to be.

2. Most of my power comes from the life force of the planet your on. Drain that sucker and you just destroyed yourself. So you see I have a bottomless pit of power that power drainers/neutralizers can't actually do a damn thing to. The main part of my power isn't even from a part of me that has power, just the mind that has the knowledge to access it.

3. You wont be able to build it because you don't have the damn resources. Yes forge can build amazing things from a toaster, problem for you is on skataris a toaster is about as advanced as interstellar teleportation is to us.

By the time my prep is over and Technomaster returns to the present, Skartaris will not in anyway resemble the map you laid out. It will be swarming with Nimrods, Alpha and Omega Level Artificial Mutants, and enough industrialization......................................

blah blah blah Bull$#!t, none of what you said is in any way feasible given the limited resources in as little as 4 weeks. You'd need months worth of prep to accomplish anything near what your describing

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: You specifically stated that amalgams can exceed the rules and limits if they could feasibly do so. None of my people are time manipulators themselves and are within the rules. Apart, the characters would have difficulty achieving this. I also rechecked your Tourney OP and saw nothing restricting time manipulation.

Forge's mind is in the body of the Iron Giant. That means it was converted to whatever programming language the Iron Giant uses and stored within. Are you suggesting that Forge's actual brain was transferred into the Iron Giant? That was not how I perceived the amalgamation was going to work. I fought hard against Tao because he is beyond OP and you could not see it. When you have to go all the way up to Lucifer Morningstar and the Doctor to even find a foe worthy of him, it stands to reason that no one in this tourney would stand much of a chance.

I have a 100 foot tall robot armed with enough fire power to take on an army, getting to the raw materials of Skartaris would be childsplay. With Madison's powers being amplified and the Iron Giant's unlimited endurance, I'll be able to move resources around like Magneto and reform it at will. Madison has pulled incredibly advanced robots out of ordinary walls, converted cars into robots, converted robots into other robots, created walls out of raw material in the area, created chairs, and created new machines entirely out of raw materials. Anything Forge can dream up, Madison's powers allow him to build in moments. I specified that it would take a week to get my autonomous factories online and pumping out Nimrods, but in reality it would take maybe a day or two to get the job done. Creating entire armies out of available resources in small amounts of time is something that Forge and Madison are both easily capable of doing. I don't need any tech because amped Madison will pull it out of the earth and make it all on the spot in moments.You seem to have forgotten about Madison's powers because they facilitate everything I have described.

You think your illusions mean anything to machines that are immune to illusions? Nimrods will be running with Neo-Neutralizers that defeat magical illusions without a problem. Detecting your guy will be no problem.

I note that none of your guys have any specific TP resistance feats and I have a thousand telepaths using Cerebros assaulting your mind. Even if you can resist that level of telepathy, I still have several Omega and Alpha Levels Mutants.

I don't care if you know what my plan is or not, you can't do anything to stop it. Your Ruby of Life attack will be useless once the Nimrods detect your presence and start using their Neo-Neutralizers to rid everything of your magic. Your team won't even know that this is happening because Nimrods are completely soulless. I have an army of anti-magic team busters constantly making sure that nothing delays the plan.

Why does Technomaster fear losing the planet? The Iron Giant alone is capable of unassisted space flight. The modifications made to him will enable him to travel through space, time, and even dimensions with no problem so why would Technomaster give one flying crap about Skartaris? Crazy Forge definitely don't care. You yourself said that this was about building worldbusters and that is what Technomaster is. Technomaster will decimate Skartaris and Earth and call it a day after his Nimrods take you apart. All that matters is that your guy is dead and my guy is not.

Let's say that I can't use time manipulation, Technomaster still has more than enough time to manufacture my industry and start pumping out a couple hundred Nimrods who will actively Neo-Neutralize everything they come across. Technomaster will still be an unkillable powerhouse wielding a weapon that kills all magic it comes across. The only thing I lose is the number of Nimrods and my Mutant army.

Let's say that you can use your Ruby of Life despite my Neo-Neutralizer. So what? So long as they are non-biological, Technomaster can just integrate them into his form with Madison's powers. Once they are apart of him, Nimrod's molecular control kicks in and your potential ally is now making me stronger.

Let's give you biggest benefit of the doubt, how does your amalgam kill mine? My regeneration, durability, energy projection, speed, and strength are now well above every limit here. You can't atomize me because I have complete control over my atomic structure and the durability to ignore Justice's power.

All in all, my amalgam is packing weapons designed to kill your team and is pretty much unkillable by your team.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diredrill:

You specifically stated that amalgams can exceed the rules and limits if they could feasibly do so. None of my people are time manipulators themselves and are within the rules. Apart, the characters would have difficulty achieving this. I also rechecked your Tourney OP and saw nothing restricting time manipulation.

I stated they could exceed the limits not the rules. There is a distinct difference. I said if picked correctly you could unlock the abilities of one of your choices other slots ( as I have done with Fate and you have done with Forge and Iron Giant) if another could be reasonably shown to do so. I said you could take their power to higher levels if you can make a case. I also denied about 6 characters who were not above the limits for the slot chosen because the character exceeded the limits for another slot. I explained in detail when replying to thedarklordpandamoneum that he could not have Goku because he exceeded the limits of the slots. I specified it didn't matter to which slot's he exceeded as exceeding any (even those not chosen) made him illegible. I further stated that was why six other characters ( like Doomsday) were denied because they exceeded the limits or broke the rules of another slot. Amazing how clearly you got some but missed what didn't suit you.

From the OP of the draft thread and also a page or two into the 14 page PM. The bolded are rules, the others are limits. Your time travel device clearly breaks 3 out of 5.

• Strength max at 90 ton
  • Speed max mach 20
  • no-one functionally indestructible ( must be able to be harmed in some way)
  • healing factor below Logan's
  • NO experience that can't be reasonably attained in a life time
  • No Omniscience
  • with the mind would come anything that person can reasonably build but that wont allow Hax Items (just in case Cadence is thinking of having Ult Reed build another Cosmic Cube ;D
  • Only the powers that are the result of being actually learned or can be produced from that knowledge will be a part of this this pick ( so you would get a tech guy's armor/weapons if that is your choice BUT that would mean you loose the choice of power device
  • Nothing that exceeds the above
  • energy projection below Vulcan ( note that is below he isn't the cut off he's over the limit
  • TP/TK below standard Jean Grey ( no picking any type of pheonix, just NO. and hey it rules out most of my favorite TP/TKers too)
  • no time manip
  • Same levels as above ( so for example the choosing of a power talisman couldn't make a normal human more than above)
  • NO HAX Items
  • No auto win devices.

The mind choice gives you the mind as per that character with all flaws and all strengths. That includes human frailty. For this I'm stipulating (so you have some come back) that the soul aspects of my character wont read your completely, because frankly being able to

Why you would wast two paragraphs debating something I was allowing you for this battle anyway so I have had to shoot it down and take it away I have no clue. Arguing yourself out of your best attack is hardly a strong position to put yourself in but if that's how you want it, OK. Make up your mind if you want time travel or not. It's a one battle deal, but if you want to argue to disallow it.

The reason I didn't disallow Tao is because he breached none of any of the above. OP or not he was not against any rules. I do

getting to the raw materials of Skartaris would be childsplay. With Madison's powers being amplified and the Iron Giant's unlimited endurance, I'll be able to move resources around like Magneto and reform it at will. Madison has pulled incredibly advanced robots out of ordinary walls, converted cars into robots, converted robots into other robots, created walls out of raw material in the area,

Here is your problem. Your talking about making very technical equipment from "raw materials" as in unrefined. To perform the intricate detailed tasks (like conducting electricity) and therefore work as you want even with Madison Jefferies ability to restructure metal the actual amount of metal available for him to do so is very limited. The society of today in Skataris is at best in the middle ages. Now if we were talking pre the changes to make Skataris a dimensional realm instead of the center of the earth their might be something in that because back in those days there was some ancient Atlantean tech scattered throughout the land. However since the old version had a very elastic time ( time moved differently in different parts of the land even in the same locale several times zones could exist) line there would be some very serious doubts over how much access of the region you would even gain. Now since you will likely have to refine your ores into something workable to achieve even a small fraction of what you want. Let's also take into consideration the concentrations of actual viable metal within the ore and how much of that is withing the rock. The most common ore within the earth's crust for example is Iron at 5%. of this 5% less than 20% is viable for ore processing ( where the actual metal in the ore is over 50%). That means the amount of viable metal of the MOST commonly found metal will be about 5/1000's of the mass of ground. If you seriously think 4 weeks is enough time to extract enough viable refined metal to build even a handful of the things your talking about, your deluding yourself.

No the only resource you have that is viable is your own giant iron body. That then presents quite a dilemma for you doesn't it. After all the reason why Madison's powers are so great is because Iron Giant has the endurance and power to stand up to them being taken higher. Unfortunately since you will need to take away much of that "power" to simply make a handful of the devices you want he won't be so amped and you wont be a giant with massive fire power. being able to "Need a laser gun, he can make one out of a toaster" isn't much good if the only toaster you have is your own body, with much of your attack power.

You seem to have forgotten about Madison's powers because they facilitate everything I have described.

Haven't forgotten a thing, you've forgotten that the resources aren't in a usable form to do what you want and I'd love to see scans showing Madison capable of drawing usable metals that are less than 5/1000's of the land mass out. Oh I know he's amped Hope's it's a mega mega mega amp. Sorry dude but completely unbelievable, the biggest stretch I've ever seen in a tourney yet.

I note that none of your guys have any specific TP resistance feats and I have a thousand telepaths using Cerebros assaulting your mind. Even if you can resist that level of telepathy, I still have several Omega and Alpha Levels Mutants.

You may want to look again. Vic defeated Psychopomp in a psionic battle and killed him. Tenison was able to resist the entire god damn Psi Force, Jaren withstood psionic onslaughts from entire hordes of demons and Sargon with the Ruby has TP feats up the wazzo. TP is the least of my freakin worries ( though you have none of that anyway)

I don't care if you know what my plan is or not, you can't do anything to stop it. Your Ruby of Life attack will be useless once the Nimrods detect your presence and start using their Neo-Neutralizers to rid everything of your magic. Your team won't even know that this is happening because Nimrods are completely soulless. I have an army of anti-magic team busters constantly making sure that nothing delays the plan.

Dude, what magic. No where does it say that magic energy is left in the things touched by the holder of the ruby. There is no magic energy to drain. The magic is in the ruby which can be used by it's wielder miles from the battle field to simply animate and control things. There isn't any magic energy to drain, it is simply the nature of the magic that it requires Sargon to have touched something to be able to have control over it. Some of those scans in my first post he control things that were in the possession of adversaries that he had touched before he even knew they were adversaries. He certainly didn't imbue them with any power. Hell in All Star Squadron when he used his astral projection he was able to bring Dr Fate back from being vanquished with a touch of only his astral self, So I can likely even add to the things under my control from afar without ever getting near you. You on the other hand have to be near me to do anything to me. Again you focus on the soulless thing. Seeing the future and being able to commune with the planet ( from which most of the things your talking about come from) means I'll know sure as hell, I'll have seen that play before you made it. I'll also have seen it fail since it's completely based on a wrong supposition.

No Caption Provided

When Sargon did this his body was still sitting on a bed in a New York hospital. I don't need to be even in the vicinity of you to make attacks. Hell I could astral project To you touch your "Iron Giant" body or any of your devices in battle and wield them against you. And you were worried about Tao??? Tao was tame

Why does Technomaster fear losing the planet? The Iron Giant alone is capable of unassisted space flight. The modifications made to him will enable him to travel through space, time, and even dimensions with no problem so why would Technomaster give one flying crap about Skartaris? Crazy Forge definitely don't care.

Ahh quite simply Skataris is the link to getting out. I've already said the dimension is sealed off during the battle, but if you destroy the planet then your way out ( and hence way to the next round) is lost. But hey, if Forge is so crazy he wants to throw away victory for a moral victory only then by all means go right ahead. If that's the case I'd say your stating him to be a genius was more than a tad off the mark.

You yourself said that this was about building worldbusters and that is what Technomaster is. Technomaster will decimate Skartaris and Earth and call it a day after his Nimrods take you apart. All that matters is that your guy is dead and my guy is not.

Yes i did, but the problem here is you haven't. At least not that you can make work here. You've made a character capable of attaining that yes but have chosen the wrong way to approach it. With a half baked poorly considered plan with far too many holes in it.

Let's say that I can't use time manipulation, Technomaster still has more than enough time to manufacture my industry and start pumping out a couple hundred Nimrods who will actively Neo-Neutralize everything they come across. Technomaster will still be an unkillable powerhouse wielding a weapon that kills all magic it comes across. The only thing I lose is the number of Nimrods and my Mutant army.

Pretty much already covered this and it's just a massive fail

Let's say that you can use your Ruby of Life despite my Neo-Neutralizer. So what? So long as they are non-biological, Technomaster can just integrate them into his form with Madison's powers. Once they are apart of him, Nimrod's molecular control kicks in and your potential ally is now making me stronger.

Unless of course I do what I've stated here and make your own body or tech (i.e the nimrods) the very things under my control. Also my friend Trees are biological ( one of the things I said I'd be using ) " along the way of your attack you will have to fight every rock, tree" . So literally this works in reverse also.

Let's give you biggest benefit of the doubt, how does your amalgam kill mine? My regeneration, durability, energy projection, speed, and strength are now well above every limit here. You can't atomize me because I have complete control over my atomic structure and the durability to ignore Justice's power.

Ha Ha, this is the best yet. I'm getting such a kick out of your jokes.

1. none of what you stated here is correct. Your need to use your own body resources to make 1/50th of your plan come to fruition (even with time travel) means your not all that strong, fast, durable and your energy projection would be lucky to sting.

2. even if this were true your can't possibly be stronger or more durable than yourself. Since with the merest touch I can make your own body tear you apart ( or simply tel it to fall apart or send itself to opposite ends of the realm) it is not I that has a problem dealing with you.

3.If all you were dealing with is Justice's blasts atomizing you might be off the table. But I Justice's blasts are drawn from drawing on the energy within his aura/Ki, when that Ki is also fed by the power of the Ruby of Life, the eldritch energy that bathed Jarred Stephen's body to give him his physicals and the Ki of the very planet. Those blasts will do much more than atomize your paltry durability.

You talk about your durability (that you don't have), but what have you got to deal with mine. Jared has survived things that would destroy many. He has frailties but courtesy of his healing factor they wont allow you much. Add onto that the healing that the Ruby gives combined with the healing ability of Tenison. Justice regrew a god damn hand when it was blasted off and that wasn't amped to these levels. hell that wasn't even amped to the levels he was at in New universal when he healed from a bullet in the brain. On top of all that I have Tenison's amped shields

No Caption Provided

Here we see Sargon healing Atom from major radiation poisoning. Not completely but enough that instead of dying he developed super powers out of it. Plus Justice "coming back from the dead". So tell me what you have to put me down, and don't say power drainers I've already made those things my puppets with a touch, same for your Nimrods and Neo-Neutralizers. So you came ready to control metal, plastic and technology. So what I came ready to control everything.

Oh and if all else fails I can simply attack you from the spirit realm. Here with nothing but knowledge of magic Vic fights opponents on the spirit realm while he's talking to them or walking up to them. Notice how his spirit form throws weapons from the other side of a room. uses his martial arts to fell them while not even near. using the astral projection granted by the ruby i could even do this from miles away while you would not even know I'm there to drain, "neo-neutralize" etc etc.

End post #3

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1:

I am rather tired from a heavy work week so I will get to this tomorrow.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dondave

@sync1 said:

This should be good. @dondave

Glad to see I'm noticed around here

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This entire debate is just the tournament creator bringing up stuff about skartaris which could be true or could be completely fake in order to combat a strategy.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: This is exactly why Tournament Creators should not enter their own tourneys. You have effectively been making up rules as you go along.

Now let's look at your actual words rather than what you apparently meant:

Limits

Body

• Strength max at 90 ton
  • Speed max mach 20
  • no-one functionally indestructible ( must be able to be harmed in some way)
  • healing factor below Logan's

Mind

• NO experience that can't be reasonably attained in a life time
  • No Omniscience
  • with the mind would come anything that person can reasonably build but that wont allow Hax Items (just in case Cadence is thinking of having Ult Reed build another Cosmic Cube ;D
  • Only the powers that are the result of being actually learned or can be produced from that knowledge will be a part of this this pick ( so you would get a tech guy's armor/weapons if that is your choice BUT that would mean you loose the choice of power device

Powerset

• Nothing that exceeds the above
  • energy projection below Vulcan ( note that is below he isn't the cut off he's over the limit
  • TP/TK below standard Jean Grey ( no picking any type of pheonix, just NO. and hey it rules out most of my favorite TP/TKers too)
  • no time manip

Weapon/device

• Same levels as above ( so for example the choosing of a power talisman couldn't make a normal human more than above)
  • NO HAX Items
  • No auto win devices.

Remember for a body pick you'll only get the physicals, for a mind only learned knowledge and powerset cover the rest.

These are the limitations per pick. That isn't to say you can't choose characters who's merger will take your newly formed character well over these limits. That's the tricky bit, trying to build a world buster without using world busting powers.

This is what I read when making my team. See how at the top it says Limits and then at the bottom it says "That isn't to say you can't choose characters who's merger will take your newly formed character well over these limits?" That states that the limits listed above can be broken so long as the individual characters were not capable of doing that. This is the same thing that is posted in the PM. Everyone here can check both the PM and the OP and find that I have not changed anything. At no point was it suggested that some limits could not be broken and some could. Now if that was what you meant then you should have specified the hierarchy of rules.

Since we are talking about what does and does not violate the rules. You yourself said that if your character violates any limit it is DQed. Jarred Stephens has the powers of Fate which grant him virtual omniscience and knowledge well beyond the potential of one man to learn which means using any Fate is a direct violation of your own rules! You yourself stated that he had full knowledge of the Past, Preset, and Future which amounts to Omniscience.

Furthermore, Time Travel Devices are not HAX Items nor are they Autowin devices. If they were then Kang would always win and he clearly does not. Time Travel devices do not give me Omniscience nor do they give me more knowledge than what can be obtained in a human lifetime. Time Travel doesn't even break the No Time Manipulation Rule. As I am not manipulating time itself, I am just traveling through it as every person is capable of doing. I still end up only using the allotted 4 weeks. At no point does Technomaster manipulate time, he just abuses its eccentricities to his benefit.

Let's now talk about the Mind component, you said that "Only the powers that are the result of being actually learned or can be produced from that knowledge will be a part of this this pick." Now, personality quirks are learned abilities but souls/auras are not. You cannot teach something to have a soul or aura so thus it is not included. Had I chosen a body that normally has a soul then your argument would make sense but the Iron Giant does not.

Before I get into my actual counters, I want to make a last mention of your "pulled from your ass" destroying Skartaris = Lose rule. Not only is it ridiculous it is never mentioned in anyway in the OP and never is it suggested that we can't annihilate Skartaris. Given that world busters were what we were aiming to build, it makes no sense that world busting would be inhibited in anyway. This seems like nothing more than a tourney creator using his authority over the rules to counter an argument he has no counter for.

Counters

Technomaster doesn't have to refine crap. Madison was able to turn an old truck into a fully operable powersuit in seconds. Old trucks do not have computers or the advanced components one would need to make a suit without effectively refining and drastically altering its materials. Give that same truck to Tony Stark and he would need months and months to make the same suit because he would have to alter the base materials into usable forms, Madison has no such problems. All metals that he comes across become instantly viable because he can manipulate them on a molecular level with no problem whatsoever. With his ability to sense materials he can alter from long distances, he can detect all the materials he needs. Using his advanced energy projection, he could unearth them in moments. Using Forge's power enhancer and the Iron Giant's limitless endurance, Technomaster can rip the materials out of the earth and reform them instantaneously into the industry he needs. He'll form the first into Nimrods that will start mining operations across Skartaris bringing in more and more materials.

Let's now talk about my Amalgam's own body for a moment. Once my prep starts, Technomaster converts himself from Iron Giant to a 100 foot tall Nimrod Sentinel in seconds. Nimrods have 100 ton strength at normal size at roughly 17 times the size, Technomaster (Using Pym Calculations) would have around 55,000 ton strength. The last time that Nimrod popped up, Magneto and Iceman had quite a bit of trouble taking them down. You might remember that Iceman and Magneto are high end energy manipulators easily and they were still being overwhelmed by Nimrod. My 100 foot Nimrod will easily require a minimum of Magneto-level energy manipulation to even slow down. That is before all of Forge's other enhancements come into play. I'll easily have an Amalgam capable of ignoring everything but Doc Destiny's strongest energy blasts. That is just Technomaster alone, his various Nimrod drones will also be a major distraction as they are just as big a threat as there will be hundreds or thousands of them. On top of that, each Nimrod boasts complete molecular control which means every molecule of Nimrod doesn't move unless he so desires. This is what allows a metal robot to go against Magneto can not get ripped apart instantly. It is what allows him to stand against Omega Level Iceman's Absolute Zero freezing powers and stay functioning. On top of all that, Madison's amplified powers allow me to control every atom of my form. The Ruby of Life would have ZERO effect on either Technomaster or his Nimrod Drones.

Are you seriously suggesting that using the Ruby of Life does not leave a magical enchantment on the object that allows Sargon to animate it? You are suggesting that no magical energy is applied upon touching? That is patently ridiculous and completely counter to how Magic works. According to Mr. Terrific who you have stated has a decent knowledge of how it works, Magic functions through quantum or exotic energy manipulation. This is why Forge's Neo-Neutralizer likely works against it. Once that Ruby touches any of my stuff, it will be Neo-Neutralized clearing your magic from it and thus your control. This is to say nothing of the fact that once my Neo Neutralizer hits you, the Ruby of Life will become inert.

You talk about Psychopomp as though he were some big guy. He has no feats whatsoever beyond being killed by the Question. I have hundreds of Omega Level Telepaths in Cerebros all attacking him at once. Vic's Psionic resistance is useless here. Professor X is an Omega Level Telepath and in Cerebro he is capable of touching the Phoenix's mind. Unless it was the Ruby of Life that was specifically protecting Sargon, his feats do not count. Justice resisted Psi Force which has 1 maybe 2 Telepaths on it and neither of them where anywhere close to an Omega Level Telepath. Network was just able to push ideas into people's heads and Voyager was an astral projector which gives him no advantage against an Omega Level Telepath using Cerebro. Justice's TP resistance is useless here. The only one of note is Jarred's but again those demons have no feats so they are useless. All of your supposed TP resistance is next to useless against my army of Omega Level Telepaths armed with Cerebros. I'll have enough Psionic Power to contain the Phoenix.

The holes you suggest exist because you altered the rules after the fact not because they exist.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By beatboks1

@diredrill:

This is exactly why Tournament Creators should not enter their own tourneys. You have effectively been making up rules as you go along.

The only reason I've allowed you to use Time manipulation is because I'm the tourney creator. if you'd fought anyone else you would have been disallowed. I'm sorry that your vernacular is insufficient to comprehend the meaning of the word limit and apply it to what it means.

lim·it

Noun
A point or level beyond which something does not or may not extend or pass.

In what way does No of something imply a limit?? the answer is it doesn't because there isn't a level it is simply completely and wholly disallowed. Level implies a quantity, and clearly therefore refers to the things with quantities. Your continued choice to debate on something I completely allowed you just lost you that allowance ( pretty silly IMO), because I'm sick of debating a point that shouldn't I even need to because it's wasn't to be part of our battle.

As for tourney runners not playing that would make for very few tourneys. I know this for certain because another site I play them where it's not allowed there have been 3 completed tourneys in the last 18 months ( we CV has had several times that in the last couple)

Now to the actual non points you tried to use.

Jarred Stephens has the powers of Fate which grant him virtual omniscience and knowledge well beyond the potential of one man to learn which means using any Fate is a direct violation of your own rules! You yourself stated that he had full knowledge of the Past, Preset, and Future which amounts to Omniscience.

No Caption Provided

In what way is Jared over the rules. He does not have the powers of Fate, ho couldn't do a fraction of what Dr Fate could. I couldn't prove his strength to be over 40 Tonnes, his speed isn't much over a normal human. His durability - well he's been put down by tranquilizers ( a LOT of them admittedly) but hardly the indestructible immortal Dr fate is. His HF would be equal to Logans at best. He has no TP, Tk, Energy Projection, Time manipulation, or any such. As for Omniscience. If he was why would he have had to ask a conspiracy nut friend about magic, why would Dr Occult have had to teach him that he can transport along spartial Tangents, why we he not have had a single clue where he was when he was stuck in the nether realms or how to get back and had to seek help. Just because he can see the fate of things, the future or the past of things that matter doesn't mean he can see all. In fact if someone or something has no fate than he sees nothing like here >

Of course that only works for you if your amalagam is so insignificant it isn't a threat to mine.

Just so you know ( and I understand you struggle with the meaning of things now)

omniscience

om·nis·cient (m-nshnt)adj. Having total knowledge; knowing everything; Infinite knowledge

That Jared does not have and neither do the combined knowledge abilities of all my choices. Honestly he is probably one of the weakest choices in all catagories here (as are all mine except maybe the ruby - they just happen to amalgamate well) So as far as MY breaking the rules far from it. In fact where most of the characters chosen are at the very least city busters I don't have a single one mine are mostly street level or JUST above. If you want to make flagrantly false statements I might suggest not making them so easily proven so.

Time Travel doesn't even break the No Time Manipulation Rule.

Seriously, when you choose to use time travel to change things in the past, that is time manipulation, because you are manipulating the past ( which is T i m e )

ma·nip·u·late (m

1. To move, arrange, operate, or control by the hands or by mechanical means, especially in a skillful manner: She manipulated the lights to get just the effect she wanted.

2. To influence or manage shrewdly or deviously: He manipulated public opinion in his favor.

3. To tamper with or falsify for personal gain: tried to manipulate stock prices.

Might I suggest you try and study the language before you try saying things aren't what they are. This is pretty basic stuff.

Let's now talk about the Mind component, you said that "Only the powers that are the result of being actually learned or can be produced from that knowledge will be a part of this this pick." Now, personality quirks are learned abilities but souls/auras are not. You cannot teach something to have a soul or aura so thus it is not included. Had I chosen a body that normally has a soul then your argument would make sense but the Iron Giant does not.

Please explain why you would waste so much of your debate on things I granted you in the first place. I realized that I hadn't been clear that by getting the mind you got the brain and one usually associates the brain with the soul ( since you need a brain to live more than other body parts). It completely bemuses me that anyone would spend so much of there debate on things that were simply allowed that player alone. The fact that your debating them is working against your cause as I see it when you don't have to because they were waved for you. It's pathetic really.

Before I get into my actual counters, I want to make a last mention of your "pulled from your ass" destroying Skartaris = Lose rule. Not only is it ridiculous it is never mentioned in anyway in the OP and never is it suggested that we can't annihilate Skartaris. Given that world busters were what we were aiming to build, it makes no sense that world busting would be inhibited in anyway. This seems like nothing more than a tourney creator using his authority over the rules to counter an argument he has no counter for.

Granted i never made that clear, but the nature of Skataris in the here and now is that it is another dimension and Access back to Earth is through it's caves. It's a slight twist on the old idea where it was like Jules Verne's center of the earth. Where it was in the core of the planet earth and access was from the polar caps and other cave systems. In that one there was a small sun in the center of the earth that was perpetual day. It also had remnants of some old Atlantean tech from travelers through during the ice age. IIRC there might have even be one city from a few who escaped the sinking of Atlantis called new Atlantis ( at least I vaguely recall an old story of Travis finding something like that). Since OP does say that all dimensional gateways are sealed I guess i didn't think it needed to be said that if the gateways themselves ceased to be they couldn't be opened when the battle was done, oversight on my part. So I'll give you that too ( because I'm bending over backwards to allow you a shot here) Just for you if you win I'll create some new doorway for you to get out. So destroy away, the fact that you don't have the power to do so be damned but go right ahead.

Technomaster doesn't have to refine crap. Madison was able to turn an old truck into a fully operable powersuit in seconds. Old trucks do not have computers or the advanced components one would need to make a suit without effectively refining and drastically altering its materials......................All metals that he comes across become instantly viable because he can manipulate them on a molecular level with no problem whatsoever.

Are you seriously that dim?? Trucks are made from refined metals, not ores that are oxides of metals spread out in rock. Those refined metals already have the ability to conduct electricity a property that iron or copper ores don't. A truck that weighs one tone has one tonne of refined metal. One tone of high yield ore ( which it might have taken the mining of 5 to 8 tonnes of rock to obtain) is about 5.44kgs ( high yield ore is about 0.6% of the ore). If you seriously think you can make anything of value out of that quickly your even more deluded that I thought. Not to mention if the stuff he's using doesn't even have the properties he needs to perform the task you want it to because it's mostly Oxygen or sulphur than he wont be doing any of the technical stuff you described at all. You see the problem is the amount of metal he's going to come across isn't very much without using a hell of a lot of energy. He can use that of the natives swords spears and arrow heads, but he's only going to have about the amount of a couple of those trucks worth in less that a week and no way to make it anything worthwhile in four. Certainly not all the highly unrealistic stuff your describing.

With his ability to sense materials he can alter from long distances, he can detect all the materials he needs.

Here's the thing Jeffries can alter Metal, plastic and glass. In an environment like this the only metal is that of the primitive weapons, if we allow old Sataris there might also be the equivalent of a small cities worth of metal on the entire planet brought across from Atlantis of old. Ores aren't metal not technically. So how is he obtaining anywhere near enough without "refining" things. What metal there is ( let's allow this to be old Skataris with some Atlantean stuff lying around in pockets, just to give you some help) he would need to build the machinery to extract the ore to make the amount of metal you need to do even a tenth of your plan.

Using his advanced energy projection, he could unearth them in moments.

And I think we'll find by then JUST how limited his "limitless endurance" is

Technomaster converts himself from Iron Giant to a 100 foot tall Nimrod Sentinel in seconds. Nimrods have 100 ton strength at normal size at roughly 17 times the size, Technomaster (Using Pym Calculations) would have around 55,000 ton strength. The last time that Nimrod popped up, Magneto and Iceman had quite a bit of trouble taking them down. You might remember that Iceman and Magneto are high end energy manipulators easily and they were still being overwhelmed by Nimrod.

FINALLY, something actually WORTH debating. I was starting to think it would never come. So now you finally have one weapon that can actually do something. Of course this doesn't mean your own Nimrod sentinel can withstand itself. So once I teleport or astral project in touch it and gain control really I just destroy your amalgam with itself and make it tear itself up. The fact is even if you had all the crazy things you'd like to do because the resources were more available I can counter every single one with that. Having seen my future and knowing how your going to attack me ( which I can see courtesy of the Ruby, or Jared's unlocked sight, or Vic's meditation), I can simply gain control over what ever I need in the order I need null void your plan. Let's assume your Neo-neutrazers can undo the Ruby's magic, if I control them first ( knowing that they will) then they don't while making you think they have. I only have to undo the things that are deal breakers for me in the right order.

Are you seriously suggesting that using the Ruby of Life does not leave a magical enchantment on the object that allows Sargon to animate it? You are suggesting that no magical energy is applied upon touching? That is patently ridiculous and completely counter to how Magic works. According to Mr. Terrific who you have stated has a decent knowledge of how it works, Magic functions through quantum or exotic energy manipulation.

No Caption Provided

Of course not. the magical energy is in the Ruby itself and always is. The touching is nothing more than a focus, the same way that Zattanna or Zatarra use backwards words to focus their magic. Here Sargon makes the clothes of a prince who's running a con fight for him. When he actually touched his clothes he didn't know he was a potential adversary, or even suspect him. The touch simply allows him to focus the magic that he wields through the ruby at what he has touched. It may very well be "quantum or exotic energy manipulation" but that doesn't mean there is any energy in anything but the talisman. If the talisman is miles away on a body meditating and sending an astral projection to touch your neo neutralizers and make them mine than they can't drain it until after I control them.

This is to say nothing of the fact that once my Neo Neutralizer hits you, the Ruby of Life will become inert.

If only I planned on being anywhere near you to be hit, Sadly I don't plan on taking that risk until I have full control of everything that's a threat to me.

You talk about Psychopomp as though he were some big guy. He has no feats whatsoever beyond being killed by the Question.

Aside from being a hitman who has killed meta humans and had a rep good enough to be hired to kill superman. Besides he was only one I mentioned. For example the PSI force ( I notice you try to undersell them) when the kids merge their minds they form a psionic hawk man who is far above mere omega level TP power ( also 4 of the actual team have TP and there were about another 3 non team members present in the issue). You acknowledge Jared and yet the Ruby that allowed John Sargeant to Psionically battle the will of Kullak who at the time was TP controlling the Spectre ( later easily defeated and overcame classic Dr Fate) and using him as his puppet. You can create every telepath in Marvel and DC combined and I wouldn't be worried. Even if I lacked the strength to parry them all in mental battle at once, I can gain control a few and have them fighting for me against the others. Oh and out of curiosity how would Sargon's feats mysteriously not count. Without the Ruby of Life he has no power what so ever. Of course it was the Ruby that gave him the mental power to resist, what the hell else would you expect to be doing it??

End post # 4

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: I was wondering when you would get to ad hominem.

I would ask you the same thing then, why didn't you use that definition of Limit when you were making the section entitled LIMITS? Regardless of its definition, you put it in a section entitled limits which means that everything in that section is a limit according to you.

Again, your character can gain information well beyond what could be obtained in a human lifetime. You, the TC, created a character that violates your own rules. Any Fate is simply against your own rules.

Again, I am not Moving Time, Arranging Time, Operating Time, or Moving Time by Hand or by Mechanical Means. Travel through time is not manipulating it. Otherwise every person in the tourney is a time manipulator as every being in the tourney travels through time. You may as well say that travel through space is space manipulation or travel through France is France Manipulation. I am manipulating Skartaris and letting time run on completely unimpeded. Next time read your own definition. As long as we are arguing semantics pointlessly, I would note that you said no time MANIP which is not a word.

Hold on, we get the physical brain of our character? That makes absolutely no sense and was not explained in anyway. Since when are souls part of the brain? Ultron was modeled after Hank Pym's brain but I don't think anyone would argue that he has Hank's soul. The Red Skull right now is using Professor X's brain, does that mean that he has Professor X's soul as well? Doc Ock is currently running Spider-man does that mean he has Pete's soul? When a telepath takes over someone's mind does that grant them that person's soul? If any of these questions results in a no, then your premise makes no sense.

I don't like the implication that because of your inadequate rule-making I am somehow being given an advantage here that others do not have. As I have said previously, I don't argue for myself all the time.You can also come back and suggest that you gave me the win by allowing me to do such things.

Forge's Time Travel Device also allows for Dimensional Travel as well and he knows how to build a Ghost Box. Even if I destroyed Skartaris and all of the caves, I would still be able to escape Skartaris.

A powersuit of the calibre that Madison Jeffries built would require incredibly complex computers which could not be built from the base materials of the old truck. Madison Jeffries can alter metals on a molecular level with no problem. Any metals he takes he can molecularly refine in seconds. When he was stuck in a bunker he made, he pulled a fully formed autonomous robot out of a wall. He would have had to have create multiple insanely complex motors out of nothing but wiring and some metal. Tony Stark couldn't do that with a year of time. He can turn a toaster into a laser cannon, what components of a toaster even in anyway resemble a laser cannon? Madison's powers are being amplified and he is drawing on the unlimited endurance of his body so ripping materials he needs out of the earth would be no problem. Do you think Magneto would have a problem doing that? That is how his power works, he never needs to build any of the machines you would need to build something. He never needs a hammer, he never needs a foundry, he never needs anything beyond his powers to build incredibly complex machinery that again would take months for Tony Stark to build since he has to use tools and machinery to build things.

Let me explain this one more time. Nimrod is made of metal. Magneto has complete mastery over metal. Nimrod is able to not be resist Magneto's mastery of metal through his molecular manipulation which I said last post and you ignored because it completely destroys your case. Magneto is at the limit for energy manipulation AKA Vulcan according to Creator's power grids. In order for your Ruby of Life to be able to manipulate a Nimrod, you would need energy manipulation in excess of Magneto which is again at the Tourney Limits. If your Ruby of Life can indeed manipulate my 100 foot tall Nimrod or any of my Nimrods then the Ruby violates the energy manipulation rules. If it does not then you simply cannot manipulate any of my Nimrods nor Technomaster. My Neo-Neutralizers will be completely functional and Neo-Neutralizing Doc Destiny. So I leave the choice to you, either you DQ your Ruby or it becomes useless to you here.

Let me put it to you like this 1000 Omega Level Telepaths can contain the Phoenix. The Phoenix is in excess of every potential TP resistance feat your team has.
Also, I was not underselling Psi Force, they have 2 low level telepaths that can have their powers amped by combining together into a form that has relatively no feats against high level telepaths. Psi Force is a joke in comparison to the combined psionic potential I possess.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By beatboks1

@diredrill:

I would ask you the same thing then, why didn't you use that definition of Limit when you were making the section entitled LIMITS?

I guess I incorrectly made the assumption that most people would know the difference. In at least 16 of 29 potential players ( including the drop outs) based on the dozens of PM's I got it seems I was right. I'll know in future to be more specific.

Again, your character can gain information well beyond what could be obtained in a human lifetime. You, the TC, created a character that violates your own rules. Any Fate is simply against your own rules.

Please do explain how being able to see snipits of 4 to five weeks is gaining knowledge greater than a life time?? That's about all Fate ( Jared ) can do. His vision allows him to see only things that have an effect on fate. with most people who have no fate no baring on the world he sees nothing. With people who are close to death he might see how they die. With people who are going to have a large effect on the world he will see that span out. In the case of the aboriginal I mentioned he saw that every second of his life ( past present and future ) was linked to the fate of man and affecting all life. And of course if someone is going to have an effect on his fate he will see how that happens and what led to it. Basically he will see enough snipits of your prep to know how it will affect him. He get's less than 4 weeks worth of knowledge from his vision and he's already a LOT more than 4 weeks old.

Also Eric, Linda Inza, and Kent V would also fit well within the rule of no knowledge that can't be gained in a life time. The only versions of Fate that would not are those that had Nabu using them as a host like Kent (Original) or guiding them ( like Hector) and even that one is questionable.

So unless you can show me how seeing a little of your prep because it affects my fate and therefore fits within Jared's unlocked vision as well as your future attacks is more than a life worth of knowedge whe realistically he has less knowledge than Forge, I think it's time to move on.

Again, I am not Moving Time, Arranging Time, Operating Time, or Moving Time by Hand or by Mechanical Means. Travel through time is not manipulating it.

Ohh you make me laugh

By the time my prep is over and Technomaster returns to the present, Skartaris will not in anyway resemble the map you laid out. It will be swarming with Nimrods, Alpha and Omega Level Artificial Mutants, and enough industrialization that it will look more like Coruscant than temperate Skartaris.

Your whole argument ( and those are your words from your first post) was that you've completely changed the history of the planet so it looks nothing like it would have and that's not time manipulation?? Nice try., but that OK because you can manipulate time while my own ability to use spartial tangents to travel to anywhere in time or space is turned off.

Hold on, we get the physical brain of our character? That makes absolutely no sense and was not explained in anyway. Since when are souls part of the brain?.................

It made sense to the 17 players who PM's me questioning in a manner that showed they got it and a few others have shown that in what they have posted. However since I can see it may not have been clear I've allowed that ( so clearly I communicated it clearly enough to most of the tourney players). But yet again you want to focus on something that is not a part of our battle.

I don't like the implication that because of your inadequate rule-making I am somehow being given an advantage here that others do not have.

Nothing of the sort, I understand that you didn't get it and since I am the tourney creator it would be unfair of me to seemingly impose rules on my own opponent during a battle that he did not comprehend prior to. Whilst it is perfectly fair for me to add rules to others as it doesn't play to my advantage. I've seen plenty of other tourneys where rules were clearly stated and breached by an OP but then changed to allow. I choose not to operate that way. If you don't like me being fair that's fine but don't chastise me over it, that is just petty.

Forge's Time Travel Device also allows for Dimensional Travel as well and he knows how to build a Ghost Box. Even if I destroyed Skartaris and all of the caves, I would still be able to escape Skartaris.

Something else I've allowed you so I really see why you even need to bring it up. So far you've wasted 2/3 of your time debating things I've granted and not on the actual battle from here on I just wont answer those parts.

A powersuit of the calibre that Madison Jeffries built would require incredibly complex computers which could not be built from the base materials of the old truck. Madison Jeffries can alter metals on a molecular level with no problem. Any metals he takes he can molecularly refine in seconds.

I understand that unfortunately you missed my point ( which again is no longer valid since I changed the battlefield to Silver/Bronze Age Skataris to make it fairer to you so there would be some remnants of the super-scientific technology of Atlantis present for you to use - to be fair while I didn't state it the map I put up is from Mike Grell's era so that time). So now at least a portion of your prep is possible to do within the time frame. The amount of metal available for you to use is still limited but there should be the equivalent of a small cities worth you can use somewhere within the whole realm. Again just trying to be fair. So the fact without being refined from an ore to a metal there isn't any "metal" for him to manipulate no longer applies.

Let me explain this one more time. Nimrod is made of metal. Magneto has complete mastery over metal. Nimrod is able to not be resist Magneto's mastery of metal through his molecular manipulation which I said last post and you ignored because it completely destroys your case.

Sorry but that is completely and utterly flase. Magneto has "complete mastery over" magnetism. there are quite a few metals that aren't affected by magnetism like aluminium, magnesium, titanium, nickel and copper. Magento uses his power to affect a force that in turn affects the metals that are influenced by it like Iron, steel and Nickel. As such he uses his energy manipulation to apply a force on those metals affected by it and manipulate them that way. That force would not take away any control that a force controlling the movements of said metals normally acts on it but would simply act as well. Just like Logan still uses his muscles to move his admantium bones against Magneto's power but the Magnetics are stronger than Logan's strength, Iron Giant can be stronger than the force Magneto can bring to bare. Sargon's ( or the ruby's ) ability to control things it has touched doesn't need to fight said force because it simply replaces it. So the energy needed is basically what Magento would need to move that much metal not fighting him. well withing his power and the limits and a complete and utter failed tactic on your part. I didn't ignore it it simply didn't matter because you based it on a completely false premise so i didn't see it worth responding to.

If your Ruby of Life can indeed manipulate my 100 foot tall Nimrod or any of my Nimrods then the Ruby violates the energy manipulation rules. If it does not then you simply cannot manipulate any of my Nimrods nor Technomaster. My Neo-Neutralizers will be completely functional and Neo-Neutralizing Doc Destiny.

Of course i can manipulate your nimrod, technomaster and everything else. In simple terms I'm not doing the work your nimrod is so I really don't need much energy at all. You worked so hard to ban character choices with less influence and I asked on page 2 of the PM if anyone had a problem with my choices to speak up and I'd change.

Let me put it to you like this 1000 Omega Level Telepaths can contain the Phoenix. The Phoenix is in excess of every potential TP resistance feat your team has.

Well let me put it this way, Karkull has a feat of taking over the mind of every being on the planet Earth and making mother try to kill child or child mother brother against brother while he was blocked from even entering the same plane of existence as Earth (so from another dimension) AND control the Spectre and casually defeat Classic Dr Fate and Sargon could resist him. So I'm sorry but the pheonix force is a little lack luster. Note Sargon has very few actual TP feats himself but his Ruby certainly protects him from them. Not that you have all those telepaths anyway, because the amount of prep time you have with the resources available wont allow you to get that far.

Also, I was not underselling Psi Force, they have 2 low level telepaths that can have their powers amped by combining together into a form that has relatively no feats against high level telepaths.

There are two feats of cause continental and world wide TP pushes so not that weak at all. Besides i could go to Ultimates feats and show Tenison resisting TPers on that level too.

End post #5

If this is all you have consider this post 6 and 7 too. let me know when your done and I'll do my closing

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By beatboks1