Esquire (Red)

Spider-Girl (Parker) and Gorgon Amalgam

VS

OmgOmgWtfWtf (Blue)

Kitty Pryde and Jack The Ripper Amalgam

No Caption Provided

Map is 400 feet length by 150 feet wide
Map is 400 feet length by 150 feet wide

3 White Dots are Silverback Gorillas that are in mating season, but no females. They're pissed. They'll attack you.

3 Yellow Dots are Spotted Hyenas that will also attack you.

Perks and Toys

You'll have 20 points to spend on Toys and 1 Perk to choose from when going up against your opponent.

Toys - 20 points

• (20) 30 minutes prep time
  • (20) Advanced Knowledge
  • (20) Jeep
  • (20) Spider Sense
  • (15) Holy Bullets - 1 full clip (of any gun) of ammunition that travels twice the speed of normal speed bullets and are also on fire
  • (15) Deadpools Teleporter (3 uses)
  • (10) 3 Plasma Grenades
  • (5) 5 Adamantium Throwing Knives
  • (5) 1 Xenomorph
  • (5) 1 Chitauri Soldier
  • (3) 3 Smoke Bombs
  • (3) 3 Flash Bombs
  • (2) 1 Street Thug with a 9mm
  • (1) 1 Street Thug with a crowbar

Perks - Only 1 To Choose

• 2x's Gravity, 10 second duration, 20 foot area of attack.
  • Nullify - Takes Away 1 ability/power from your opponent
  • TP Defense
  • Nigh-Shields - unbreakable shields that last 5 seconds (3 uses)
  • Invisibility - 5 second duration (2 uses)
  • Steroid Shot - At one point of your battle you could supe yourself up to 2 times as strong for 4 seconds (1 use)
  • Slow Mo - The Ability to make time go half as slow for 3 seconds (1 use)
  • Invincible - Invincible for 5 seconds (1 use)
  • Flash? - Twice your speed for 5 seconds (1 use)
  • Jetpack - Invincible, cannot be blown up. (1 minute usage)
  • Intangibility - You're completely intangible (5 seconds) (cannot be harmed)

FIGHT IS TO DEATH

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: Do we have any knowledge of our opponents? What does 'Advanced Knowledge' entail? How big are the 'nigh-shields?' How fast is the jetpack?

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Iragexcudder

@esquire: no knowledge, only a piece of paper of what they look like. Advanced Knowledge is knowing everything of the opponent from weaknesses to strengths to shoe size, everything. Nigh shields completely surround you like a dome. Jet pack flies around 60mph

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder:

I'm going with nullify perk, and I'm going to use it to remove Esquire's telepathy.

For toys, I'm going to have the five adamantium throwing knives, three smoke bombs, and 6 thugs armed with a 9 mm.

Since a specific gun model isn't listed, I'm going to choose this for them.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Iragexcudder
FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@iragexcudder: @esquire: if the shields surround you like the dome and aren't breakable what point is the invincibility perk?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: @esquire: if the shields surround you like the dome and aren't breakable what point is the invincibility perk?

It's the same difference between Susan's force fields and the Hulk's durability. One is more defensive, while the other is more offensive. With the shield up, you and your enemy are separated by an impenetrable barrier. With the invincibility, you can still attack your enemy and not worry about having to defend from his attacks.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: because the sheid blocks both sides meaning you can't attack

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Esquire

@iragexcudder

I'll take the Nullify perk for OMG's phasing.

For toys, I will take:

2 Xenomorphs (10)

1 Chitauri Soldier (5)

3 Smoke Bombs (3)

1 Street Thug w/ 9mm (2)

Before I spend my last 5 points, I would like a couple clarifications. Does the Chitauri soldier get an energy gun and a grenade, or is he unarmed? And how much control do I get over the xenomorphs? Do I have a (non-nullified) telepathic link with them, or are they like well-trained dogs, or are they completely independent and just won't kill me?

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire:

Just an energy gun with 30 shots for Chitauri

Xenomorphs are attack dogs basically, they won't attack you

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Esquire

@iragexcudder: @omgomgwtfwtf

I'll take the Chitauri, then. I assume I get to command him like a soldier because he's sentient?

OMG, do you want the opening post or would you rather I take it? I'm fine either way, I have my strategy worked out already.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@esquire:

You can have the opening post, I'm currently trying to get another tournament running. My post probably won't be up until tomorrow.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire: yes, he's there to protect you

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Esquire

@omgomgwtfwtf:

My character:

Father: The Gorgon

Mother: May Parker

Powers and Abilities:

• Enhanced Strength, Speed, and Agility
  • Precognitive Spider-Sense
  • Telepathy (Nullified)
  • Healing Factor
  • Magnetic Touch
  • Genius Intellect
  • Master Martial Artist and Swordsman

Name: The Stone Spider

No Caption Provided

Backstory:

Personality and morals of Gorgon. The exposition will be filled in later when I have some free time.

Gear:

Godkiller Blade

Katana

Webshooters

• Impact Webbing
  • Tranquilizers

Perks and Goodies:

No Caption Provided

My whole team will follow the yellow line, then follow the dotted purple arrow to whichever building is taller. The Chitauri soldier will take the stairs to the roof, taking cover behind the air conditioning unit or whatever he can find up there. My thug will follow the blue line until he reaches a point where he has line of sight on all 6 animals. I assume they won't attack unless someone gets close to them. He'll then watch the side your team started on, waiting to see them moving towards us. (I'm not sure if we get knowledge of starting location, but even if we don't, my team will be taking cover in a building for safety regardless, and it's logical to assume that you're starting far away from us. The only other place you might come from is the bottom left corner of the map, and we get vision on that by taking the yellow route.)

When he sees your team, he will take shots at the animals on your side of the map. He'll just be trying to clip them and make them angry, not get killshots. With the accuracy of a thug and a pistol, he'll only be shooting in the general vicinity anyway. But this should aggro the animals and make them attack the closest foreign objects, your team. This probably won't kill anyone, but might be able to take out a thug or two. It also gives my team a chance to see your character in action, since we have no knowledge on your powers.

After he takes the shots, my thug will run into the building where I'm sequestered. This will let your team know where I am, (or at least where one of my team members is), and so I assume you would move in that general direction. When you get about halfway there, where there is a minimum of available cover, my Chitauri will pop up from cover and start capping thugs with his energy rifle. He's a trained soldier with a rifle vs untrained thugs with pistols, so he should be able to take them out in a couple shots apiece. He'll also take a few shots at your character, but with Ripper's speed I don't expect you to get tagged. When it becomes clear that shooting you in fruitless and all the other targets are dead, the Chitauri will stop shooting and just track you from his elevated position. He should have 5-10 shots left in his rifle.

While this is happening, Spider will be barricading doors, using his 5-ish ton super strength to place wooden beams and whatever junk is scattered in and around he building to block all of the entrances. This won't stop your character from entering, but it will make a lot of noise when he breaks through a doorway or wall. My xenomorphs will be prowling the upper floor of the building, waiting for your arrival. The thug will be stationed at the top of a staircase, looking down over the lower floor.

When your character breaches the building, perhaps throwing a smoke grenade or two to disguise his location, my thug will unload his pistol at you as a distraction while I throw two of my own smoke grenades down into the lower floor. I will send the thug down the stairs and spam impact webbing at you when you jump on him. If any of it hits, it will immediately encase you in a webbing cocoon. I will also web up the doorway you've broken through to prevent any escape. Meanwhile, the smoke grenades will be filling the room with thick smoke, rendering us unable to see. This should greatly hinder your ability to fight and especially to dodge projectiles. My xenomorphs don't use normal vision, however, so they will be able to hunt you unaffected, and with May Parker's spider-sense, I fight just as well when I can't see. May has even fought invisible foes effectively:

If you punch or slice the Xenos hard enough to damage them, the acid blood will tear through you, and you have no way of knowing to avoid it until you've melted a hand off. Gorgon's mind and experience will let me see immediately that you have a powerful healing factor, and so I will go for decapitation and dismemberment with my swords. I have the reaction time to keep up just fine even against Jack's blitz attempts, and I also have Gorgon's skill that let him dominate Wolverine and fight easily with the likes of Elektra, Iron Fist, and Shang Chi. Without enhanced senses to let you fight effectively in the smoke-filled room, the Xenomorphs and I should make short work of you. Hurting them will just slow you down because of their acid blood, and hurting me won't do much because of my healing factor, so even if you manage to land any effective blows, it won't do much good. I have the stats and skill to keep up with you, but I also have a spider sense, am better armed, have powerful allies, and have a huge environmental advantage. I don't really see any way my character loses here.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire: beautiful work man, props on the creation too!!

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Esquire
OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire:

Wow. I didn't even know you posted.

Hmm...I will have my post up either tomorrow or the day afterwards.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@esquire: beautiful work man, props on the creation too!!

Esquire is a beast man. I learned a lot from him by reading his debates and attempting to emulate his strategies and layout style when I first started on the vine. Debating against him is enlightening as well. Esquire is a top notch debater.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Sorry, tag must not have gone through. No rush, take as much time as you need.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: If you have any interest in debating this match, voting starts Saturday.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@esquire:

I actually really do. It's just really hard to find some free time to make a lengthy post. I'm travelling to England in the fall for school and have been doing passport and visa stuff. I really do apologize for not having a post up.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Don't worry about it, I understand that real life comes first. If you can make any sort of post, I'm happy to debate with you. I just wanted to make you aware that there is now a deadline for that debate to occur.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire:

Well, to be honest. I think your character would beat mines pretty handily. I should have chose someone else besides the Ripper for stats (maybe Luthor Strode). His feats are too limited and spider-sense is going to be a bitch to deal with lol.

I have to visit the British Consulate tomorrow, but if the visit doesn't take too long, I will definitely scrounge up a post by end of tomorrow evening!

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Esquire

@omgomgwtfwtf: The only thing Strode really gives you is his move prediction, but I would that should be nullified by my smoke grenades, anyway. I think that in this tournament, picking for stats over versatility in powerset isn't the best strategy in general. Mayday gives me stats and then also gives me enhanced spider-sense, webbing, and magnetic touch. Gorgon gives me stats and also gives me telepathy, top-tier skill, genius intellect, and a super-sword. You can't do that much with just stats. My character has a lot of room for creativity, and my spider-sense + telepathy is a huge get-out-of-jail-free card.

Good luck on your visit, hope to hear from you tomorrow!

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire:

Well, all students of Cain have move reading. It's not unique to Luthor Strode. My original plan was to use Dead Girl instead of Kitty Pryde, but I couldn't find my scans of her. Also, I should note that smoke grenades wouldn't do much to my character. Students of Cain have enhanced senses and x-ray vision (allows them to see the insides of people). Binder was able to fight despite having both of his eyes stabbed through with knives. Jack the Ripper was able to incapacitate Luther, even though his neck was broken and his head was twisted around a full 180.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Gotcha. I've only read the first volume of Strode. Wiki pages have failed me again!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: @omgomgwtfwtf: will have a chance to post but if he doesn't today then I will give the victory to @esquire.

Luke, can you go to my thread and bump pierpat?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By mickey-mouse
Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers