#1 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

In the magical land that time forgot of Skataris. The dimensional gateways to this world are sealed and all those with the power of dimensional travel will be unable to breach this barrier. their travel will be confined within the time lost land.

Combatants will have four weeks of prep but that prep will be in Skataris with the resources available there only. Combatants will begin at the tops of the two mountain ranges on opposite sides of Skataris.

RULES

These characters are amalgams of the choices made. They are a completely new character. each character will get

• from the Body - physical aspects only. Strength, speed, durability, endurance, damage soak and healing
  • From the mind the learned things and character of the mind. They will have none of the powers of these characters unless those powers are the direct result of learned behavior.
  • from the powerset - the powers. This will NOT include anything physical in nature.
  • from the item whatever the item can bring when wielded by the mind and body chosen. If an item requires a particular physicality or character trait to perform certain tasks that is not a part of this build than they will be denied that aspect of the item.
  • POST LIMIT - in light of the many tourneys lately becoming war and peace all battles will be restricted to 7 battle posts plus one summation post where you can make closing arguments but NOT add any new information not offered before hand. Debaters can uses the 7 however they see fit to make their case. This should hopefully make it an easier read and more likely to actually get some votes
  • When down to voting all votes MUST be on the debate offered not on who you think should have won.
  • Debate will be open for a maximum of 5 days before closed by me once a thread starts
  • Characters who have the power of power duplications/copy, can only copy the powers as they fit within draft choices and can only unlock more potential of their own character build has that capability.

These amalgams may have the ability to use these powers or physicals to greater levels than the chosen drafts IF they can make a reasonable and believable explanation as to why they have unlocked such ability because of how they have built the character. For example a character chosen in a body slot may be able to have it's powers used if either the mind, power or the item can reasonably be used to access them. Similarly with the powers etc.

Esquire:

Kidman560:

#2 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560 Thread is up. I don't care which of us gets first post, but I would like clarification on which Excalibur your character is using.

#3 Edited by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: hey i dont know if it tagged you or not but ill let you get first post

#5 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560: According to the mythology, Excalibur didn't heal him, the scabbard did.

#6 Edited by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip: dude on the link it says excalibur healed him. thats what im going with.

#7 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560: Well I was just saying that iirc the Marvel version kinda stays true to the Mythology and has to this day not displayed a healing factor of any sort.

#8 Posted by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip: well its not the marvel version anymore. you see orignially i thought that was to OP then i saw his handguns and no longer thought it was OP. you know his handguns cant miss and cant be blocked in that case i say his powers, mind, or body have almost nothing to do with this. hell his guns even give him teleportation. so i made the tactical decision to make it so i heal in battle

#9 Posted by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: you there man i listed which Excalibur im using

#10 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560: Okay, here goes.

First, a couple quick clarification: You're using the sword Excalibur. I understand that much. But in the CV wiki page you linked, there are no less than 5 versions of that sword. Which one, specifically, are you using? I'm guessing either Mage or Image because of the healing, but I'd like to know for sure. And in one of your above posts, you cite the CV wiki as your source for the sword's healing capabilities. Outside of wikis, do you have any knowledge and evidence for the ways that the sword functions?

Anyway, on to the match.

Amalgam: Murderess

Body: Karate Kid

Val Armorr's body is ostensibly that of an unenhanced human, but his unparalleled training has granted him abilities far beyond those of any normal person. The most important of these is his incredible reflexes. He spars with the likes of Mon-El and Ultra Boy, both of whom are possessed of massive superhuman speed, has dodged lightning that tagged a Daxamite and has ducked under lightning after it was mere inches from his face. He's even successfully reacted to an attempted blitz by a bloodlusted Mon-El. His reaction speed is incredible for a character with little in the way of travel speed, and should easily allow him to win the quick-draw and react to any of your attacks.

He also has feats exhibiting mildly enhanced durability and strength, but they're less important than his reactions.

Mind: Rose Tattoo

The Spirit of Murder, Rose Tattoo's superpower is the ability to kill anything, given enough time. She can build her own weapons and never misses a shot, and on the whole she's an incredibly efficient killer. Her instincts for the best possible way to kill people should couple with and allow the use of Karate Kid's ability to find weakpoints in everything, giving me access to KK's obscene repertoire of striking feats. But even without them, Rose has access to and can build plenty of weaponry deadly enough to take down your amalgam.

Powerset: Zatanna

Zee has the ability to cast magic spells by speaking them backwards. This gives her incredible versatility, and her magic had been used to affect minds, transmute materials, create energy, teleport, heal, and much, much more. The versatility and power that Zatanna's powerset unlocks allows the Murderess a huge increase in versatility and a massive boost in the efficacy of her prep.

Item: Crimson Avenger's Pistols

Twin pistols with the ability to shoot through anything, the guns have both advantages and disadvantages. On the positive side, they grant teleportation, intangibility, and the penetrative power to shoot through Power Girl and Captain Atom. But on the negative side, the teleportation usually isn't controlled by the user, and the guns have no triggers, choosing instead to fire at targets they deem worthy of death, or those who get in between the guns and their target of choice.

Also, a note: The CV wiki is incorrect, the guns are capable of missing their target.

Prep

While Rose Tattoo is not exactly a typical prepmaster, I can do a few useful things in my four weeks. The first thing Rose will do is use her Zatanna powers to work on modifying the Crimson Avenger Pistols to be more functional. The most powerful way to cast spells is to write them in blood, and Rose would have no problem doing this. She'll cast spells to create functional triggers for the guns, and to allow her to control the teleportation and intangibility granted by them. Then she'll use her own skills and Zee's transmutation abilities to create a pair of swords. She always makes her own swords, and has made ones sharp enough to cut through Apollo, a Superman-ish level character, and kill a clone of Henry Bendix who had the combined powers of a dozen superhumans and was shrugging off attacks from the combined Authority and Stormwatch teams.

Battle

Rose will quite simply shoot your character. You don't have the speed to win a quick draw or to dodge the bullets, and Rose is an incredible marksman who will have no trouble tagging you. Luke Cage's durability isn't as good as Power Girl or Captain Atom's, and it's only skin-deep, so once bullets penetrate the skin they'll be able to destroy internal organs with ease. No version of Excalibur grants the wielder immortality, and even the ones that grant some measure of healing have allowed their users to die at times. With Rose's accuracy, Karate Kid's combat speed, and unlimited bullets, I can shoot out all of your vital organs in moments, which should overwhelm Excalibur's healing ability. The only counter you really have is Vision's intangibility, but I have mystical intangibility as well. So I can wait you out long enough for the Murderess to come up with a spell to ramp your density back up. You have no way to hurt me, thanks to my combination of reflexes and intangibility. You can't run from me because of my teleportation. You can't tank my attacks except for intangibility, which I can eventually counter with Zatanna's magic. I can hunt you down and take you down and there is nothing you can do about it.

Post #1

(Note: I will be gone for the next couple of days, so this may be the only post I'm able to make.)

#11 Posted by kidman560 (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: yes i do

Characters

Mind- Tony Stark, Technological Genius, within the top 8 of the worlds smartest men prolly top 5. four weeks of prep for him is pretty nice. he built his first iron man suit in a week i think

Body- Luke Cage, Nothing special here super dense skin and pretty good amount of strength. Fairly good close combat fighter

Power- Vision, This guy has density control and and his solar gem. hes one of the Powerhouses of the Avengers.

Item - Excalibur, the sword in the stone. this is one of the most powerful weapons in all of Marvel. it gives the wielders stats a big increase and lets them heal in battle.

Strategy

Well first PREP

with Tony stark being a technological genius he can probably build a machine in four weeks that lets me channel the swords energy through my soul gem thanks to the Visions Powers. but since we are in skartaris his mind will at least be able to analyze the pistols and tell me what they can do.

POWER

well the Vision being able to make him self intangible can quite frankly let the bullets pass through him. and Excalibur being the most powerful sword in the world could deflect the bullets with it

Plus with Tony upgrading the soul gem to channel the energy radiating from Excalibur you will have problems with that. also if Vision goes intangible and goes into the ground what is there to shoot at until hes right underneath you and by then its to late. Excalibur also increases a persons stats. the same as it did for captain Britain. and please not matter how durable your character is Excalibur will at Least Draw blood and if i get a clean shot cleave right through you. And with Visions density control i can increase how dense lukes skin is your bullets may not be able to get past him and it will prolly hurt allot if you hit him like a punch

#12 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidman560

Body- Luke Cage, Nothing special here super dense skin and pretty good amount of strength. Fairly good close combat fighter

Just a note; You don't get any of Luke's fighting skill, only his physical stats such as strength and durability.

with Tony stark being a technological genius he can probably build a machine in four weeks that lets me channel the swords energy through my soul gem thanks to the Visions Powers.

Where will he get the materials to build a machine? We're in a prehistoric-style landscape largely without even metal to work with, much less the components necessary to build electronics. There is no tech or equipment from which to build such a machine.

but since we are in skartaris his mind will at least be able to analyze the pistols and tell me what they can do.

There is no mention in the OP of having any knowledge of your opponent. You won't know who you're fighting or what pistols I'm equipped with until the start of the match. And the pistols look basically identical to non-superpowered guns, which is why the Crimson Avenger bought them in a pawn shop. She didn't realize what would happen to her if she did so, she thought they were normal guns. Tony has no reason to think otherwise, until the bullets start shooting through his body.

well the Vision being able to make him self intangible can quite frankly let the bullets pass through him.

I responded to this argument in my earlier post.

@esquire said:

The only counter you really have is Vision's intangibility, but I have mystical intangibility as well. So I can wait you out long enough for the Murderess to come up with a spell to ramp your density back up...You can't tank my attacks except for intangibility, which I can eventually counter with Zatanna's magic.

It might take me a while to come up with the appropriate spell, but Zee's magical power lets me counter your intangibility. You have no counter to mine, so I will eventually be able to revert you to normal and you will be unable to hurt me before I've done so.

and Excalibur being the most powerful sword in the world could deflect the bullets with it

Luke Cage's mind won't grant you bullet-timing reflexes. Can you prove that either Vision's powers or Excalibur will give you the reflexes necessary to react to a bullet? These are going to be rapid-fire bullets fired with extreme accuracy, and it will only take a single hit to do a ton of damage. Even if you have the reflexes to deflect a bullet or two, Rose's reactions, skills, and unlimited ammunition will overwhelm your amalgam.

Plus with Tony upgrading the soul gem to channel the energy radiating from Excalibur you will have problems with that.

Intangibility should allow me to avoid any of you energy blasts, or I can dodge them with Karate Kid's reflexes. He's reacted to lightning and energy blasts in the past, so this shouldn't be a problem. And I'm still skeptical that Tony will be upgrading anything without access to any sort of technology.

also if Vision goes intangible and goes into the ground what is there to shoot at until hes right underneath you and by then its to late.

If you phase into the ground, my amalgam can go intangible and wait you out. And with Karate Kid's reflexes plus teleportation from the pistols, I can react to you attacking from the ground and teleport or dodge out of harm's way before your character can tag mine.

Excalibur also increases a persons stats. the same as it did for captain Britain.

Are you sure this is true? From the wiki, he got Excalibur to fight the Skrulls. But that was after Brian had been magically resurrected by Merlyn, which outright gave him superpowers of his own. Are you certain that the sword amped Braddock, and it wasn't simply the mystical amp he was given by Merlyn?

and please not matter how durable your character is Excalibur will at Least Draw blood and if i get a clean shot cleave right through you.

My amalgam isn't notably durable, unless she uses Zatanna's magic to amp her stats during prep. But she can become intangible to avoid the sword, or dodge/teleport out of the way of attacks. She also has two super-powerful swords of her own that she created during prep, and Rose Tattoo is a far superior swordsman to Tony Stark. She can probably take your amalgam in close combat with swords alone, since her reactions and skill are greater. I shouldn't even need to rely on her pistols to get the kill.

And with Visions density control i can increase how dense lukes skin is your bullets may not be able to get past him and it will prolly hurt allot if you hit him like a punch

Why would I punch him when I have two pistols that shoot through anything and two swords that slice through planet-busters? And I seriously doubt that you can amp your durability above that of Power Girl, whom Crimson Avenger was able to shoot straight through.

You still haven't given any way to hurt my amalgam, since she has better reflexes, more combat skill, and can both teleport and go intangible. I have given my reasons for believing I can hurt your character, and I think Zee's magic lets me counter your intangibility most effectively.

#13 Edited by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Backing Esquire, his plan seems more thoroughly put together.