Amalgam R2: Higorm vs Sightlessreality (VOTING)

• 123 results
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jacthripper

Welcome to the Amalgam Tournament Reborn

For this tournament, you pick any two street level characters from fiction, 1 male and 1 female, and imagine what their child will be like, then use them to fight!

Ex.- Aunt May and Arms Fall Off Boy

The offspring would have all the sweetness of Aunt May and All the arm falls off-ness of AFO Boy

Rules

• You have to follow the morals of one of your parents
  • All gear must be STANDARD GEAR OF THE MOTHER/FATHER. They must only use what their mother and father REGULARLY uses. (Ex. Cap with his shield / Elektra with her Twin Sai)
  • Your character will share the attributes of the mother and the father with an addition of the special abilities that one might have. (Ex. Grifter and telekinesis/ Cassandra Cain and Body Reading) Of which would mean that your character will possess those abilities. You're of course going to be using scans of the Mother/Father but using them to interpret what their child is doing on the battlefield.
  • All techniques will remain the same but there some limitations to be addressed.
  • Your Character WILL BE AT THEIR PEAK OF WHATEVER THEIR PEAK IS. Adult, if you will.
  • You can choose characters from any universe, as long as they have applicable feats. However, assume I know nothing about any Book, Video Game, Manga, Anime and etc character, requiring you to explain their abilities.
  • If you put an OP character in, and I find out its OP later on, Your character will lose all Powers, and be nerfed to Peak Human.

Limitations

• All techniques will remain the same but there some limitations to be addressed.
  • Telekinetic abilities will also be crunched a tad bit. Largest item that can be thrown - 100 lbs. You can use it on your opponent, but you cannot move them. Only disorient them or chuck items at them. No instakill from the inside either.
  • Stats can't be nerfed.
  • Telepathy can only be used to mind read
  • 10-15 Ton Strength Limit (Around Spider-Man level)
  • Travel speed is limited to 250Mph
  • Bullet Timing+ Reactions (Around Wolverine/Spider-Man levels)
  • No energy projection above Tank Busting
  • No: Unavoidable Attacks, Physical Internal Attacks, Reality Warping, Duplication, Molecule Manipulation, Pre-Cog, , Power Mimicry/Absorption/Nullification, Clayform, Intangibility, etc. If you think something is OP, ask and give an explanation.

@higorm- Gambit x Toph

@sightlessreality- Han Jee-Han x Misaka Misoto

Battle will take place here

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm Welp, I'm going to lose because your the better debater but I'll try (and still get stomped). You can go first.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3 HigorM  Moderator
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SightlessReality
serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

damn Higors amaglam is just beautiful no matter how i look at it

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SightlessReality

@serrure: Okay? My amalgam has to be depowered to an extent because of how powerful it is.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By serrure

@sightlessreality: a good amaglam is one where both parties' powers compliment each other. not necessarily the most powerful

i didnt say it was so powerful i said it looked beautiful. and i believe ive voiced my opinion concerning Mikasa Misoto several times. and i wont be doing it again here in a match where i respect the OP and what he has done

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V Humously if I had beaten Sightless I would Have Losed to this guy to

DragonEnton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality:Do mean Mikasa Mikoto? 'Cause there's no such character as Mikasa Misoto as far as I'm informed.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: I know & that's something my amalgam does. Han is like a tofu. It compliments anything it gets put in. However, there's a very powerful synergy that happens when he gets combined with a electromagnetic/electric wielder. I'll be bringing it up right away due to the "debater" I'm up against. His amalgam is nice synergistic wise but not really original.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HigorM  Moderator
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@sightlessreality:

> Character Presentation

Remy Lebeau

"For the record now, just to make this official: ... bang... you dead!"

No Caption Provided

Gambit is a charming master thief turned X-Man. He possesses the mutant ability to charge inanimate objects with kinetic energy, causing them to explode, he is also extremely agile because of his powers. Gambit's signature move is throwing charged playing cards.

X

Toph Bei Fong

"Yeah! Let's break some rules!"

No Caption Provided

Toph is a blind girl who uses Earth Bending to "see". She is Aang's Earth Bending teacher. She is the only person along with her family to reveal their surname. Toph is also a master Earthbender; she can also metal bend.

=

Jean Luc Bei Fong: The Kinetic Earthbender

No Caption Provided

> Powers/Abilities:

(From Gambit)

• Molecular Acceleration:Remy has the power to take the potential energy stored in an object and convert it to kinetic energy thus “charging” that item with explosive results. He prefers to charge smaller objects, such as his ever-present playing cards, as the time required to charge them is greatly reduced and they are much easier for him to throw. The only real limitation to this ability is the time required to charge the object. The larger it is the more time it takes. He can charge a rock as big as a small house in the matter of seconds. Most charging takes place through direct skin contact. The power of his explosions is dependent on the mass of the object he is charging, for example, a charged playing card explodes with the force of a grenade. Gambit can also use his powers to accelerate an object's kinetic energy instead of converting its potential energy, for example, he can charge his bo staff with enough power to level a house.
  • Enhanced Agility: Gambit's ability to tap energy also grants him superhuman agility and dexterity which gives him an added edge he has used to his advantage by developing a unique acrobatic fighting style.
  • Static Interference: Ability to create static, because of the charged potential energy always in his body, that shields his mind from detection from telepaths. Although reportedly uncomfortable for the parties involved, this shield does not prevent telepathic invasion as suggested and shown on a few occasions.
  • Hypnotic Charm: Ability to "charge" the kinetic energy within a person's brain, allowing a subtle influence over any sentient mind. This power allows Gambit to compel others to believe what he says and agree with anything he suggests. More powerful minds have proven immune to Gambit's charm.
  • Master Thief
  • Bilingual: He is fluent in English and Cajun French. He also knows some Japanese (not very fluent).
  • Expert Marksman: He is extremely skilled in throwing small objects such as cards, bolas, knives, and balls with great accuracy.
  • Master Combatant: Though not on the same level as the likes of Captain America, he is still a profound fighter, often employing martial arts, street fighting, and acrobatics. He is well adept in the martial arts Savate (French kickboxing), and Bojutsu, the art of using a Bo staff. Nick Fury even referred to Gambit as "One of the best hand to hand fighters I've ever seen".

(From Toph)

Earthbending: Toph's proclamation of being the most powerful earthbender in the world is supported by her talented displays of earthbending since a young age.Although blind, Toph's training in earthbending under the original earthbenders, the badgermoles, allowed her to use their unique ability of seismic sense: she used earthbending to "feel" even the most minute vibrations in the earth, including the march of ants several meters away and the presence of trees and buildings. Through this heightened seismic sense, Toph could visualize where people were, their relative distance to her, and their physical build, but was unable to visualize faces. This sense provided her with a distinct advantage when facing other earthbenders in combat, because she could predict attacks as they began and quickly react. Her knowledge of the art also allowed her to teach it to others like Aang, and later her daughters, Lin and Suyin. Her speed and agility were also greatly beneficial in combat.

Metalbending: Toph discovered the ability to bend metal in the spring of 100 AG. Metal is derived from ore, which is found in the earth. Guru Pathik explained to Aang that "metal is just a part of earth that has been purified and refined". Because of Toph's ability to feel the vibrations in earth, she was able to locate the impurities (the small fragments of earth) still found in most metals and manipulate them to "bend" the metal portion. By acquiring these metalbending abilities, Toph had shown herself to be one of the most powerful and ingenious earthbenders in the world, being the only known earthbender to ever bend metal during the Hundred Year War, a feat that even the Avatar was unable to perform since the origin of earthbending.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HigorM  Moderator
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HigorM  Moderator
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HigorM  Moderator

@sightlessreality: don't do that, otherwise my wrath will come down on you like a cold rain!

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SightlessReality

@higorm: -Shrugs again- :3 But really though, once I am done with my intro things will go alot faster. This isn't exactly the first time we debated so you know how I roll a bit.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HigorM  Moderator
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm:

The Parents

Han Jee-Han ~ The Gamer

No Caption Provided

Han Jee-Jan is the main protagonist of the manhwa “The Gamer”. He was bestowed the Gamer Ability by Gaia due to his gaming addictions. Now he is for all intensive purposes, a game character in real life. Due to being so powerful the Amalgam will only gain a few things from him.

Misaka Mikoto ~ The Level 5 Electromaster

No Caption Provided

Misaka Mikoto is the main protagonist of the manga/anime/light novel “A Certain Scientific Railgun”. She wields the Electromaster Esper ability and is the highest level of all other Electromasters. She is also ranked 3rd of the 7 level 5s. The amalgam will get the majority of her abilities.

The Amalgam

Misaka "Best"

No Caption Provided

Traits/Abilities/Powers Inherited

Han

Gamer Body: Gives the user a body fit for a game character. Certain actions in there everyday life are changed into mechanics you would see in a game. Such as receiving "Quests" when requested to do something. Or acquiring a skill vie absorbing a "Skill Book". From a battle perspective, the user is invulnerable and instead has a "Health Bar". Any damage they would take is instead converted into "Hit Points" and they feel a brief amount of pain(intensity of the pain is determined by the attack).

Gamer's Mind: Puts the user into a constant state of Calmness. Allowing them to always think clearly no matter how dire a situation might ordinarily be on their mental state. In addition the user is immune to any Physiological Status Effects.

Physical Endurance: The body's durability increases, allowing for less damage taken. 27% decrease in damage taken by attacks.

Detect Bloodlust: A skill that detects any bloodlust directed at the user. It is an instinctive skill. Detects bloodlust within thirty meters of the targets location. It also alerts the user of the location.

Observe/Inspect: Through continuous observation, a skill to observe objects, situations, and persons was generated allowing the user to quickly gather information. The higher the skill, the greater the data obtained. At level 9, the skill comments on what is observed.

Sense Danger: A natural survival instinct. It allows the user to sense when something bad might happen. The higher the skill level, the earlier the user can sense danger.

Various Weapon Masteries: Blunt Weapon, Sword, Spear, & Bow mastery to a smallish degree.

Chunbu Outer Ki Technique: Makes the body strong and increases the body's defense. Increases STR, DEX, VIT and the recovery rate of VIT and Stamina.

Chunbu Spirit (Breathing) Technique:A basic inner ki technique developed by the Chunbumoon. It purifies ki and allows the user to store it within their ki center, enabling the user to freely manipulate the power. Passively increases STR, DEX, VIT, INT and WIS and can permanently improve them further through training. Actively further increases his STR and DEX and Ki Strikes can be used when active.

Chunbu Martial Arts Technique: Passively increases bare-handed attack power and speed and Ki Strikes can be used when active. Attack power further increases when Chunbu Spirit Technique is learned.

Chunbu Foot Technique: Passively increases movement speed and the speed will increase further when either active or if the user has learned Chunbu Spirit Technique.

Bind: 5MP: A skill to tie an enemy with a rope made of mana. It has physical durability and disappears after some time as mana scatters. Duration: 1hour.

Intelligence & Wisdom: Due to Hans Gamer body, he gains stat points whenever he does something that would specifically increase that stat or when he levels up. Any stat point he gains from leveling up, he can specifically assign those points to his stats as desires. In this case, he has uped his INT to 130 & his WIS to 38. Thanks to his Observe ability, we can know to a degree of just how smart he is. By comparison, the average INT for normal people is around 10-20. Even the smartest person of his age group in his school only has an INT of 30-40. Now of course I understand that these are all just numbers so here's a few notable things he can do because of them.

• Perfect memory. He has shown that he only needs to read a book once now to fully remember its contents.
  • Has been able to come up with viable strategies using his abilities when up against threats that would wipe him out in an instant.

Other Things: Han just has so much still that it's getting annoying to keep going so I'll bring up stuff as it become necessary if it doesn't go along with the above.

Misaka

Railgun: Misaka Mikoto's signature move. Mikoto can fire metal objects at three times the speed of sound by forming parallel currents on both sides of her arm with her esper ability. Each shot can reach the speed of 1030 m/s (2307.2 mph). She can fire 8 shots per minute. Misaka's firing range is 50 meters (+-) when using Arcade Tokens.

Lightning/Electricity: Misaka can generate Lightning/Electricity from her body as a form of attack.

Electromagnetic Pulse: Mikoto can release a powerful electromagnetic pulse attack (EMP) that can disable machines. Also, her EMP attack can be used to destroy a living opponent's internal organs.

Electromagnetism: Mikoto can use electromagnetism in launching offensive attacks as well as defensive actions. She can attract metallic objects and use it as projectiles or using the same as a shield to defend against attacks. She can also use electromagnetism to walk on walls and ceilings by attracting the iron particles on the surface.

Iron Particle Manipulation: With her strong magnetic powers, she can attract iron particles and sand in her surrounding and fashion them like a sword. Mikoto can also make them vibrate to further the swords cutting power. If the opponent is out of reach, she can lengthen the make shift sword and make it act as a whip.

Electro Magnetic Sensory Perception: Misaka's powers allows her to sense electric, magnetic, and electromagnetic phenomena. Similar to animals who can use this type of sensitivity, like birds using the Earth's magnetic field like a compass, she can tract anything that emits or generates electromagnetic waves/signal. Also, Mikoto can release electromagnetic waves around and generate a 3D image of the location she is in if ever her vision is impaired.

Telepathy Immunity: Since telepathy is controlling the electric synapses in one's brain. Misaka can defend herself from this attacks by electromagnetic barrier created by her AIM Dispersion Field. Her barrier is said to be always on and acts automatically.

Enhanced Agility: Misaka has shown to be very agile both thanks in part to her Electromagnetism & Sensory Perception along with her own physicals.

Special Synergy

In Han's verse, Electricity can be converted to mana. Because Best generates Lightning/Electricity this in essence means she has infinite mana regeneration. Thus making every electric based skill go beyond what her mother ever could do.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HigorM  Moderator
HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HigorM  Moderator

@sightlessreality: alright.. i'm on my phone so i'll post just a quick and objective initial move. A more elaborated strategy will be brought on the next posts..

First move would be Shielding. Use earthbending to control the environment and use if for protection. Earthbending grants wide possibilities to be used in several different ways. The shielding is also going to be used to mask the presence of my character from yours. I'd say that he won't be detected thanks to Gambit's Static Interference,the ability to create static, because of the charged potential energy always in his body, that shields his mind from detection. Also, Gambit's suit is laced with freon tubes to specifically work against thermal signatures. Jean Luc will also project Static Interference through a charged shockwave across the battlefield. This should help disrupt Misaka Best Han's powers. He can use a focused charge through an object to cause a painful disruptive ‘shock’ of energy. In case the enemy is not being seen, Jean Luc uses seismic sense to detect your character if she's touching the ground. Misaka's powers should not be hard to deal with considering that my character can use earthbending to just form a rock armor and be completely immune to Electricity.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SightlessReality

@higorm:

Counters

As I see it, creating static interference wouldn't work. She see's electrical impulses and she can directly follow these impulses. As I see it, your only giving Best a better idea of the area around her. Additionally, Best doesn't see in thermal, her ability fits more along the lines of radar. And so I don't see how that armor will prevent her from locating him.

No Caption Provided

Now how do I counter your earth bending? For starters, your earth armor defense is about to be met by Best's "hot" lightning/electricity. Her lightning/electricity is enough to melt through girders and even burn flesh from about a foot away even while being protected by a force-field. She has even been able to "blast her way clean through an "Asphalt" wall made by a person that could manipulate the asphalt around her. So as I see it, if you get hit by any of her blasts you'll end up like fried chicken or worse. This however, isn't the only reason why your armor will fail. The answer, Iron Particles. Her mother has shown to be able to pull massive amounts of these particles from the earth and guess what your character is wearing. Yep, that's right. The very armor you have is a deadly weapon Best can pull from. Now what can she do with these iron particles that make them deadly? Welp, thanks to the intense vibrations she can have them cut through alot of things with ease such as tanks for instance.

The diesel engine let out a roar as if in response. They were only 2 kilometers away from where the surface-to-surface missiles were being fired.

The independent unit seemed to have given up on the bombings, but they had brought out a tank unit that had been hidden behind a hill. Even if they were prepared to be hit a few times, they would be completely blown away if dozens of tanks focused their fire on them.

“By Misaka’s estimations, we will be hit by the blasts 20 times before we can travel 500 meters, says Misa—”

“Then we’ll finish this before that!!”

A black shadow squirmed around Mikoto’s tank.

No.

It was a large amount of iron sand that had been sleeping below the snow. She thoroughly gathered it from approximately 200 meters around her and brought it together using magnetism.

It must have looked like a wall to her enemies.

That wall of despair was like a giant tsunami about to strike the land.

That was the #3 Level 5.

She was not just a cannon.

There were only two people she knew who she could not handle even with skillful application of her power. Those two were the espers who stood at the extremes. One at the extreme of justice and one at the extreme of evil.

“Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!”

As she yelled, the huge mass of iron sand passed by overhead and crashed into the enemy forces ahead. Like an undulating tsunami or like a living snake, that mountain of iron sand swept across while vibrating at high speed. The independent Russian unit was unable to deal with it.

Of course they weren’t.

No matter how many times they shot it, the swirling iron sand did not slow down in the slightest.

*skip*

Mikoto sighed slightly and then looked around.

Black smoke was rising from the tanks and armored vehicles of the independent unit. They had been sliced cleanly apart by the friction of the iron sand that was vibrating at high speed and could stand up to the assault rifles and handguns the unit had been armed with. Given the destruction, it was odd that no one had died.

Strategy

Thanks, to the various sense's at Best's disposal she'll be able to locate you fairly easily. Especially since your kind enough to illuminate the whole battlefield for her. She will like wise activate her various buffs/defenses which will in turn up her speed. This combined with her already natural agility should allow her to maneuver through the tree's and vines with ease. Once she does find you, assuming your in armor. She just slices & dices you from the inside or get blasted by her electricity. If your not, you have to constantly avoid her electricity and if you get tagged it's over.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HigorM  Moderator
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: Alrighty, if you'v got issues hindering your posting then no worries. Take your time. :)

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@sightlessreality:

> Static Interferance

As I see it, creating static interference wouldn't work. She see's electrical impulses and she can directly follow these impulses. As I see it, your only giving Best a better idea of the area around her. Additionally, Best doesn't see in thermal, her ability fits more along the lines of radar. And so I don't see how that armor will prevent her from locating him.

His static interferance is a passive ability, he doesn't to activate or use the power, it's a natural defense derived from his kinetic charging. Also, the shockwave would be used in close proximity, more like a mid ranged attack at best, once he manage to locate her through seismic sense. Radar sense can be frustated with earthbending, since essentially Jean Luc can merge with the ground.

Here you can see how wide is the reach of his seismic sense:

Now how do I counter your earth bending? For starters, your earth armor defense is about to be met by Best's "hot" lightning/electricity. Her lightning/electricity is enough to melt through girders and even burn flesh from about a foot away even while being protected by a force-field. She has even been able to "blast her way clean through an "Asphalt" wall made by a person that could manipulate the asphalt around her. So as I see it, if you get hit by any of her blasts you'll end up like fried chicken or worse. This however, isn't the only reason why your armor will fail. The answer, Iron Particles. Her mother has shown to be able to pull massive amounts of these particles from the earth and guess what your character is wearing. Yep, that's right. The very armor you have is a deadly weapon Best can pull from. Now what can she do with these iron particles that make them deadly? Welp, thanks to the intense vibrations she can have them cut through alot of things with ease such as tanks for instance.

She could potentially melt part of a earth wall or something along those lines but remember Jean Luc packs superhuman agility and reflexes, His speed is further enhanced to the tourney limits thanks to the earthbending. Being able to manipulate the environment makes it hard for your character to properly handle him, that's why I don't believe she would be able to properly use her powers against him, not in an effective way. Take a look at the level of skill that can be displayed with earthbending for defensive purposes:

Atla Avatar animated GIF

Can sendsa long range attack while being attacked from a long distance:

They gotta reincarnate her somehow!

Now here you can see the the armor place into pratice:

A summary of it's capabilities can be seen on this video:

Loading Video...

Strategy

Thanks, to the various sense's at Best's disposal she'll be able to locate you fairly easily. Especially since your kind enough to illuminate the whole battlefield for her. She will like wise activate her various buffs/defenses which will in turn up her speed. This combined with her already natural agility should allow her to maneuver through the tree's and vines with ease. Once she does find you, assuming your in armor. She just slices & dices you from the inside or get blasted by her electricity. If your not, you have to constantly avoid her electricity and if you get tagged it's over.

Once again my character will not resort to such tactic right off the bat. It would be used in close range to disrupt your game powers/gear or whatever else that may suceptible. Once you touch the ground my character will be able to detect yours with seismic sense which works from long distances. Doesn't matter how fast she can be if through earthbending Jean Luc can properly react thanks to his enhanced speed and agility. He can leave a full set of booby traps, kinetically charged along the map to blow her away if she comes near him, which would also tells her position at all times. He can keep this pace until your character goes down for good. Not to mention that being inside such armor would prevent him from being affected by elitricity, since he would be insulated.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SightlessReality

@higorm: Quick question before I rebuttal, about the kinetic amp are the molecules speed up or something similarly like an increase in energy output through electrons and such?

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HigorM  Moderator
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HigorM  Moderator
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SightlessReality

@higorm:

Rebuttals & Debunking

> Static Interferance

His static interferance is a passive ability, he doesn't to activate or use the power, it's a natural defense derived from his kinetic charging. Also, the shockwave would be used in close proximity, more like a mid ranged attack at best, once he manage to locate her through seismic sense. Radar sense can be frustated with earthbending, since essentially Jean Luc can merge with the ground.

If that's the case, then Misaka will be able to track him even better then I originally though. Misaka & all other Electromasters emit the same AIM Dispersion field which can allow them to locate each other, assuming your very skilled at it. Which in this case Misaka is the best at. She was able to tract one of her "Sisters" who was several miles away. And according to your explanation, "Best" should have no trouble tracking Jean in the same fashion. I should also mention that Radar can view things through earth too. In addition, there is "Best"s Sense Danger & Detect Bloodlust senses. These are instinct derived senses so they should have no trouble detecting Jean either as these do not directly link to the opponents mind.

She could potentially melt part of a earth wall or something along those lines but remember Jean Luc packs superhuman agility and reflexes, His speed is further enhanced to the tourney limits thanks to the earthbending. Being able to manipulate the environment makes it hard for your character to properly handle him, that's why I don't believe she would be able to properly use her powers against him, not in an effective way. Take a look at the level of skill that can be displayed with earthbending for defensive purposes:

potentially melt? I'm sorry but that's at the very least she'll be doing. Like stated before, her lightning is hot and packs a great punch. As shown here against that person who could manipulate Asphalt.

Loading Video...

18:28 is a good stopping point...........for unrelated to the debate reasons. You can resume for the aftermath at 19:58 to 20:24

I'm also very much aware of the defensive potential of earth bending but allow me to break down each of those gifs as well as the video.

No Caption Provided

Impressive though this may be, Toph performed this underground where earth benders(specifically her) can attack from any direction. The battlefield does not allow for the flexibility as your trying to making it out to seem. As it's very dense with trees and vines. Something earth benders cannot bend. They can bend mud though.

{}

No Caption Provided

This time, Toph is in a very open area where she can firmly bend the earth. Which isn't the case with this battlefield. As it's necessary I should also mention that Combustion Mans blast was halted by an Air Blast by Aang & then Toph performed her move.

{}

No Caption Provided

Your already aware of this, but this is metal armor not earth armor. Which if you really wanted to keep in this battle then you would open up a fair amount of Options for "Best". I'll assume however that you won't so I won't get into them "yet".

Loading Video...

I recognize the point of the video which is to strictly demonstrate the durability of tophs earth armor. However, the armor in question isn't earth so you'll have to find something better. In addition, the video as a whole demonstrates Tophs capabilities. The feats demonstrated all fall under one or more of these areas.

• In a building created from earth
  • Underground
  • In a wide open earth heavy area
  • In a structure composed of metal.

None of these areas apply to our battlefield.

Strategy

Once again my character will not resort to such tactic right off the bat. It would be used in close range to disrupt your game powers/gear or whatever else that may suceptible. Once you touch the ground my character will be able to detect yours with seismic sense which works from long distances. Doesn't matter how fast she can be if through earthbending Jean Luc can properly react thanks to his enhanced speed and agility. He can leave a full set of booby traps, kinetically charged along the map to blow her away if she comes near him, which would also tells her position at all times. He can keep this pace until your character goes down for good. Not to mention that being inside such armor would prevent him from being affected by elitricity, since he would be insulated.

Fair enough however, the battlefield lacks the necessary means for Jean to fully utilize earth. "Best" has no gear or abilities that would be hindered by that. And just like Jean, it doesn't matter how fast he can move thanks to "Best"s stacked sensory abilities & buffed speed and reflexes. Additionally, your booby traps won't be as effective as you think. Thanks to letting me know how the kinetic amp works. I'm positive she'll be able to detect them. Her radar is so precise that she can detect changes at an atomic level.

Shizuri's ability is the Meltdowner (原子崩し (メルトダウナー) Genshi Kuzushi (Merutodaunā)?, lit.
Shizuri's ability is the Meltdowner (原子崩し (メルトダウナー) Genshi Kuzushi (Merutodaunā)?, lit. "Atomic Destruction") with the technical classification as Particle Waveform High-Speed Cannon (粒機波形高速砲 Tsubuki Hakei Kōsokuhō?). As electrons have the properties of both particles and waves, Shizuri's ability allows her to forcibly control electrons in the "ambiguous" state of an electron where it is both particle and wave, and when they strike other objects the electrons are unable to react either as particle or a wave because of their state. Normally, electrons had a mass that was close to zero, but because they are stuck or "stopped" at this state they take the form of a seemingly solid object, which has become a pseudo-"wall" due to the "stopped" state, and then creating a highly destructive beam of high-speed electrons that pierces through a target at the same velocity that it was fired.

The above isn't the only instance, as she has used it to detect a explosive that works by manipulating gravitons. Also, she was able to detect Meltdowners cannons when she wasn't anywhere near them or in her line of sight.

8:19 to 9:50 & then 12:34 to 13:25 then 17:54 to 20:00

Just to drive in the fact that I'm not lieing.

So, as demonstrated "Best" will be able to know of Jeons traps and will be able to avoid them. Additionally, She can stay in the trees away from your earth & any earth your try throwing at her can simply be be destroyed from the inside vie Iron Particles. More over, unlike Misaka, Best can use full output of her electric abilities without hindering herself thanks to infinite mana. His armor isn't durable enough to take her electric attacks and moreover can't have the armor on at all times due suffocation. Unless of course her makes air holes which should Bests attack for whatever reason not work, can simply shock him through those holes. And of course there is the whole Iron Particle destroy from the inside tactic.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Does this mean votes will be opened tomorrow or that they'll be opened on Saturday?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: Final post tomorrow, open Friday Night EST or Saturday Night, depending on requests

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: So one more post before conclusions or two more? Up to you. Also, although it has been short it's been a fun debate. :)

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HigorM  Moderator

@higorm: So one more post before conclusions or two more? Up to you. Also, although it has been short it's been a fun debate. :)

I'll drop a counter for your last post and then finish with my conclusions. Really fun debate indeed :)

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@sightlessreality:

Rebuttals

If that's the case, then Misaka will be able to track him even better then I originally though. Misaka & all other Electromasters emit the same AIM Dispersion field which can allow them to locate each other, assuming your very skilled at it. Which in this case Misaka is the best at. She was able to tract one of her "Sisters" who was several miles away. And according to your explanation, "Best" should have no trouble tracking Jean in the same fashion. I should also mention that Radar can view things through earth too. In addition, there is "Best"s Sense Danger & Detect Bloodlust senses. These are instinct derived senses so they should have no trouble detecting Jean either as these do not directly link to the opponents mind.

But Jean Luc is not emitting anything from the start, that's why I said it was a passive ability, which prevents people from scanning him. Now, he'd only make use of a shockwave as an offensive move, once the seismic sense alert him of her presence. Being able to track her sisters is different because they are not similar characters, don't share the same universe and she doesn't have a clue about how his powers work since they never met before.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, the way I see it, detect bloodlust is a skill that detects any bloodlust directed at the user. It is an instinctive skill that works within a limited distance (thirty meters?) of the targets location. JL is not bloodlust here so this sense should not work. As for sense danger, a natural survival instinct that allows the user to sense when something bad might happen, which depends on skill level to work better, right?

At the beginning of the fight there's not danger to sense, my character is merely building his defenses and using seismic sense to locate yours, there's no reason for "Best" to be aware of my presence. I believe I made it pretty clear in my main strategy:

"First move would be Shielding. Use earthbending to control the environment and use if for protection... Jean Luc uses seismic sense to detect your character if she's touching the ground..."

potentially melt? I'm sorry but that's at the very least she'll be doing. Like stated before, her lightning is hot and packs a great punch. As shown here against that person who could manipulate Asphalt.

I couldn't see the video, it seems to be unavailable, can you provide another source for that feat? It has to be really big boulder of asphalt to match the ones Jean Luc can achieve with earthbending. Not to mention that it's not like he's going to stand waiting for a full blast of eletricity, he'd be using enhanced agility to do what he can do best which is combine both powers to protect himself while striking your character in return. Remember that my character possess a high sensory level, being able to predict movements and even see in slow motion

Impressive though this may be, Toph performed this underground where earth benders(specifically her) can attack from any direction. The battlefield does not allow for the flexibility as your trying to making it out to seem. As it's very dense with trees and vines. Something earth benders cannot bend. They can bend mud though.

Now I ask you, can't he just bend the ground to clear the area? Jean Luc can pretty much cause an earthquake if he wants, creating a devastating ground wave within a matter of seconds, this move would be performed in a 360º direction, covering the whole map. From there he won't have any kind of limitations to get into his way. I doubt 'Best" could manage tot successfully avoid this move without focusing 100% on it to avoid being striked from the start.

Your already aware of this, but this is metal armor not earth armor. Which if you really wanted to keep in this battle then you would open up a fair amount of Options for "Best". I'll assume however that you won't so I won't get into them "yet".

She can as has used an armor made of pure ground, it's present on the video below..

You can see proof of everything I've just said on this video, including fighting in a woody area, among other things..

Loading Video...

Strategy

Fair enough however, the battlefield lacks the necessary means for Jean to fully utilize earth. "Best" has no gear or abilities that would be hindered by that. And just like Jean, it doesn't matter how fast he can move thanks to "Best"s stacked sensory abilities & buffed speed and reflexes. Additionally, your booby traps won't be as effective as you think. Thanks to letting me know how the kinetic amp works. I'm positive she'll be able to detect them. Her radar is so precise that she can detect changes at an atomic level.

Like I said, Jean can provide such necessary means with one single move through earthbending, the same way Toph did before, which would take a few seconds. Said move would accomplish different purposes, initial protection, environment adaptation and offensive strike towards your characters considering the ground would disseminate in a 360º direction. Something like this.

So, as demonstrated "Best" will be able to know of Jeons traps and will be able to avoid them. Additionally, She can stay in the trees away from your earth & any earth your try throwing at her can simply be be destroyed from the inside vie Iron Particles. More over, unlike Misaka, Best can use full output of her electric abilities without hindering herself thanks to infinite mana. His armor isn't durable enough to take her electric attacks and moreover can't have the armor on at all times due suffocation. Unless of course her makes air holes which should Bests attack for whatever reason not work, can simply shock him through those holes. And of course there is the whole Iron Particle destroy from the inside tactic.

Completely different powers and use of powers. He's not projecting a light ray or energy beam against her. He's just charging the environment to explode in that way he wants. The set of booby traps placed on the map will be too much for your character to handle. He can't properly react to a full set of it and protect herself at the same time from direct strikes coming from Jean Luc. Remember he can make use of Time-delayed Explosions, his charge normally has a bit of a delay before the chain reaction goes critical, at one point his powers could delay explosions by minutes and potentially hours. So considering he can control this very well furthuer combined with earthbending, I doubt she can avoid ALL traps and sucessive charged strikes. Aside from that you have JL using large boulders from the ground to use as protection beyond his armor, it's a double defense plus the fact he can reach the limit for reaction speed of this tournament.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SightlessReality

@higorm:

Rebuttals & Debunking

But Jean Luc is not emitting anything from the start, that's why I said it was a passive ability, which prevents people from scanning him. Now, he'd only make use of a shockwave as an offensive move, once the seismic sense alert him of her presence. Being able to track her sisters is different because they are not similar characters, don't share the same universe and she doesn't have a clue about how his powers work since they never met before.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, the way I see it, detect bloodlust is a skill that detects any bloodlust directed at the user. It is an instinctive skill that works within a limited distance (thirty meters?) of the targets location. JL is not bloodlust here so this sense should not work. As for sense danger, a natural survival instinct that allows the user to sense when something bad might happen, which depends on skill level to work better, right?

At the beginning of the fight there's not danger to sense, my character is merely building his defenses and using seismic sense to locate yours, there's no reason for "Best" to be aware of my presence. I believe I made it pretty clear in my main strategy:

"First move would be Shielding. Use earthbending to control the environment and use if for protection... Jean Luc uses seismic sense to detect your character if she's touching the ground..."

He is emitting at all times though. Here I'll even quite your specific wording.

But Jean Luc is not emitting anything from the start, that's why I said it was a passive ability, which prevents people from scanning him.

Note how you said it's a passive ability. Misaka has a better time detecting other Electromasters because of their special AIM Dispersion field. AIM Dispersion fields are active at all times. Here I'll show you.

No Caption Provided

It's also what prevents them from being effected from Mental Out who is a telepath. By your own definition "Static Interference" it falls almost completely in the same line as their special AIM Dispersion field. The only difference is that it's not emitting waves. Even so, because of it, it'll make Jean show up like a hug blip. So again "Best" will be able to detect him at all times.

It's not soloy bloodlust, It's the desire to kill or maim. You might not be going for the kill right from the start due defense but that doesn't mean the desire isn't there. :) So Again, there is no reason "Best" won't be able to detect you. Has for "Sense Danger" I'll give you that but it'll still go off at points.

I couldn't see the video, it seems to be unavailable, can you provide another source for that feat? It has to be really big boulder of asphalt to match the ones Jean Luc can achieve with earthbending. Not to mention that it's not like he's going to stand waiting for a full blast of eletricity, he'd be using enhanced agility to do what he can do best which is combine both powers to protect himself while striking your character in return. Remember that my character possess a high sensory level, being able to predict movements and even see in slow motion

My character possess a high sensory level & speed that borderlines the limits as well. You'v been making it out to seem like your faster but your only at the same speed. Let me demonstrate just how fast Best will be moving thanks to buffs.

Chunbu Outer Technique is what gives him the speed boost.

As shown above, his speed is such that these characters weren't able to even react till the first one fell. Then the other person got hit.

In these scans we see him using Chunbu to evade these colossal Golems which should account for those boulders being tossed by Jean.

When you combine this speed amp with Misaka's flexibility you get one hell of a maneuverable character.

Now as for that video, since you can't see the embed for what ever reason. Here's the direct link. Not that it'll do much good to try & debunk.

From 16:40 to 18:28, then19:58 to 20:24

It isn't so much the actual wall being created that makes Misaka's blast so great but the crater that ends up being created as a result of the blast. As indicated afterward, it's revealed that the 2nd blast was still her going easy.

And once again to drive home something you'v been completely avoiding.

The Iron Particle Argument hasn't been countered in the slightest by you and remains the ultimate counter to all of your Earth Bending attacks.

Moving on

Now I ask you, can't he just bend the ground to clear the area? Jean Luc can pretty much cause an earthquake if he wants, creating a devastating ground wave within a matter of seconds, this move would be performed in a 360º direction, covering the whole map. From there he won't have any kind of limitations to get into his way. I doubt 'Best" could manage tot successfully avoid this move without focusing 100% on it to avoid being striked from the start.

If you try generating a massive earthquake this will just lead Best to use a massive tidal wave of Iron Particles to engulf & kill you right from the start. Doesn't matter where you are in that situation with the fact she was able to pull from a 200meter radios around her. Oh and before you try and bring up Metal bending, I know for a fact Toph has never bent that much metal, moreover in such a refined pure state. So go ahead with this argument if you like but there is an easy counter that results in a kill for your character. Additionally assuming you lived, it'd give away the biggest ability your character has. Which is pretty silly to do in my opinion. Not only this but you'v already established that you'd be making walls and such.

She can as has used an armor made of pure ground, it's present on the video below..

You can see proof of everything I've just said on this video, including fighting in a woody area, among other things..

Oh I know she can use earth armor. Never said she couldn't. :) However, it's not going to stop "Best"s electrical blasts and could even one shot with a clean hit.

Like I said, Jean can provid such necessary means with one single move through earthbending, the same way Toph did before, which would take a few seconds. Said move would accomplish different purposes, initial protection, environment adaptation and offensive strike towards your characters considering the ground would disseminate in a 360º direction. Something like this.

Misaka can do the same thing actually only from her body.

19:20 to 19:40

She creates a massive AOE that ends up melting and charring the area around her. The only reason Touma survives is due to a mix of plot armor, durability, and his Imagine Breaker.

Additionally, should you manipulate the earth around the area to try and get the upper hand. Best can simply use Iron Particles to counter.

Completely different powers and use of powers. He's not projecting a light ray or energy beam against her. He's just charging the environment to explode in that way he wants. The set of booby traps placed on the map will be too much for your character to handle. He can't properly react to a full set of it and protect herself at the same time from direct strikes coming from Jean Luc. Remember he can make use of Time-delayed Explosions, his charge normally has a bit of a delay before the chain reaction goes critical, at one point his powers could delay explosions by minutes and potentially hours. So considering he can control this very well furthuer combined with earthbending, I doubt she can avoid ALL traps and sucessive charged strikes. Aside from that you have JL using large boulders from the ground to use as protection beyond his armor, it's a double defense plus the fact he can reach the limit for reaction speed of this tournament.

The point is that she can sense minute things at an atomic level. She was detecting Meltdowner's Electron Cannon before it was being fired and the trajectory it would fire. As I see it, the molecular acceleration of Jean's Kinetic Amps aren't much different and should display like an open book for her. Even if they are delayed because the molecules are still accelerating just not as quickly till the delay ends. Also, if you checked those points of interest in that video. They were use a three pronged attack to corner her.

1. Frenda, the french girl with the hat had several hours of prep time to place all of those doll Explosives inside the Facility which could remotely be triggered by that special tap you see lined everywhere.
  2. Aim Stalker was the "eyes" which allowed both Frenda & Meltdowner to properly use there respective skills/Ability despite not directly seeing Misaka.
  3. Finally Meltdowner acted as the death blow. So while Misaka was to be distracted with the Explosives going off She'd send an Electron Cannon at Misaka to kill her.

This of course failed. But there is more to in then just this. See the odds weren't in her favor one bit. In addition to the above. Misaka was running on fumes even before she entered the building. She had been staying up late for the last four days destroyinf several other Facilities all the while being under a great amount of stress due the "Sisters Project" & "Level 6 Shift Accelerator" Project. Which would have 10's of 1000's"Sisters" be killed by Accelerator in order for him to ascend to level 6. The thought of all these "sisters" which are clones drove her to stop the project at all costs.

So although your presenting a similar strategy Best is at her best. Has the means to both detect & counter it. As well being faster & having no penalty like her Mother does for using her electrical abilities.

Conclusions to be made after your Next Post.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sightlessreality: Yeah, I'll close this today, had an unexpectedly busy weekend, but I have today off and there's snow, so I'll have tomorrow too. I'll open for votes in a few.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HigorM  Moderator

@jacthripper: Can you give me one more day please? My reply is ready I just don't have means to post it right now from my cell phone ;(

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HigorM  Moderator

@sightlessreality: Could you endorse my request considering our history and how good and productive this fight has become recently?

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SightlessReality

@jacthripper: I'm willing to wait another day for Higorms post if that's okay with you.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@sightlessreality: thanks!

He is emitting at all times though. Here I'll even quite your specific wording.

Note how you said it's a passive ability. Misaka has a better time detecting other Electromasters because of their special AIM Dispersion field. AIM Dispersion fields are active at all times. Here I'll show you.

So AIM is also known as An Involuntary Movement, right?Something like in Toaru Majutsu no Index, a term used to refer to the phenomenon in which an esper involuntarily produces an invisible energy field around the esper. While the AIM Diffusion Field is the energy field that surrounds the esper that is made up of the aggregation of that energy. Are you refering to this? If that's the case then it's a different thing. Gambit does not emits that kind of thing at all times. It's something within his body that goes unnoticed even for the most powerfull telepath.

It's also what prevents them from being effected from Mental Out who is a telepath. By your own definition "Static Interference" it falls almost completely in the same line as their special AIM Dispersion field. The only difference is that it's not emitting waves. Even so, because of it, it'll make Jean show up like a hug blip. So again "Best" will be able to detect him at all times.

It's not soloy bloodlust, It's the desire to kill or maim. You might not be going for the kill right from the start due defense but that doesn't mean the desire isn't there. :) So Again, there is no reason "Best" won't be able to detect you. Has for "Sense Danger" I'll give you that but it'll still go off at points.

1. But it's different, for me it's clear that a static interference does not work the same way of a AIM dipersion field. Anyway, it does not matter much considering they would end up finding each other having to fight at some point and further considering Jean Luc possess means to detect Best from distance with seismic sense, this specific debate is almost fruitless for us.

2. Jean Luc does not have the desire to kill or maim his enemy for pleasure. He will do what he can and what's necessary to win, but without holding that eager to kill, that's why I believe your detect bloodlust won't work.

My character possess a high sensory level & speed that borderlines the limits as well. You'v been making it out to seem like your faster but your only at the same speed. Let me demonstrate just how fast Best will be moving thanks to buffs.

I've making it seem that we don't have advantage over the other on that regard, which means that another aspect has to be analized to determine who wins. That being said, I believe JL got what it takes since his mix of powers grants him a great combination of both offensive and defensive capabilities. Being able to react at the top level for this tourney coupled by his power set makes him very hard to put down and at the same time very danger to deal with.

Best buffs can only make her at tourney limits, which is something my character can deal with, considering Gambit manage to hold his own against both Wolverine and Spider-Man before, now add earthbending to the mix and he's pretty much covered.

If you try generating a massive earthquake this will just lead Best to use a massive tidal wave of Iron Particles to engulf & kill you right from the start. Doesn't matter where you are in that situation with the fact she was able to pull from a 200meter radios around her. Oh and before you try and bring up Metal bending, I know for a fact Toph has never bent that much metal, moreover in such a refined pure state. So go ahead with this argument if you like but there is an easy counter that results in a kill for your character. Additionally assuming you lived, it'd give away the biggest ability your character has. Which is pretty silly to do in my opinion. Not only this but you'v already established that you'd be making walls and such.

The earthquake does not hold killing intentions, but only to destabilize, disorient and etc. This move would require an action from your character which would lead him to a set of booby traps.

Metalbending

As for Metalbending, she originally used an underdeveloped form of metalbending and usually needed to have direct contact with the element to manipulate it at all, let alone skillfully. However, she continued to practice her metalbending and started to display a dexterous control over metal. In Wulong Forest, when she was breaking into a Fire Nation airship, it was shown that her metalbending had improved greatly, as she created metal armor and manipulated the metallic structure of the room with far more ease than before, moving metal more fluidly. She was also able to crawl along the metal ceiling while completely covered in metal. Additionally, Toph could metalbend outside of her metal armor, even though she was already bending the armor in the first place.

A year later, Toph could bend metal that she was not in contact with, like when she demonstrated her ability to bend metal to Kunyo, who was trying to take over the metalbending school, by bending a metal weapon around his head. She later stated that as long as someone could see the metal, she could bend it, which she demonstrated when metalbending screws and bolts to unscrew the wheels of Fire Nation tanks.

Toph later taught this self-invented technique to many earthbenders, including her daughters. After the Hundred Year War, Toph further refined metalbending to the point of being able to start and lead a capable law enforcement group of metalbending police officers. She was able to sense even trace amounts of metal, unlike her daughters. Her proficiency in metalbending was such that she could tear a hole in a metal wall and restore it to its previous state without a trace of it ever having been bent.

Sources:

• "Sozin's Comet, Part 3: Into the Inferno". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 20.
  • "The Aftermath".The Legend of Korra. Season 1. Episode 7.
  • "The Coronation". The Legend of Korra. Season 2. Episode 16
  • "Operation Beifong". The Legend of Korra.Season 2. Episode 23

Oh I know she can use earth armor. Never said she couldn't. :) However, it's not going to stop "Best"s electrical blasts and could even one shot with a clean hit.

Not sure it would be that easy. First she needs to tag him in order to blast a hole through the armor. His superhuman reflexes and agility mixed with seismic sense should be enough to let him avoid it, as seen next:

Misaka can do the same thing actually only from her body.

She creates a massive AOE that ends up melting and charring the area around her. The only reason Touma survives is due to a mix of plot armor, durability, and his Imagine Breaker.

Additionally, should you manipulate the earth around the area to try and get the upper hand. Best can simply use Iron Particles to counter.

That power appeared to have a distance limit, something that my character could avoid, not to mention I'm pretty sure it would not work against an earth armor.

As for iron particles, how could Best predict which kind of strike would come next? There's a multitude of ways he could do it and i'm not sure she would be able to properly react to all of them.

So although your presenting a similar strategy Best is at her best. Has the means to both detect & counter it. As well being faster & having no penalty like her Mother does for using her electrical abilities.

She's not faster, as stated above, and despite using her powers to a greater extent, they won't work as expected against an earthbender. For me, Jean Luc is the perfect counter for your character. He possess ways to effectively harm and put her down, but the same can't be said for her, for the reasons I've already stated.

That being said, even if everything else fails, Jean Luc has one last ace in the hole.

Considering that "Best" is both a human and a female, my amalgam character is able to and will use his Hypnotic Charm, the ability to "charge" the kinetic energy within a person's brain, allowing a subtle influence over any sentient mind. This power allows Gambit to compel others to believe what he says and agree with anything he suggests. It's a Bio-molecular Charm Effect - passively charms people around him into not hating him or like him when they otherwise wouldn't. With some smooth words, the charm can even counter-act the Shadow King’s corruption. Shadow King even admits it could charm him. See scans below:

In Uncanny X-Men #266, the story suggests that Gambit's ability to smooth talk people went beyond sex appeal or the gift of gab. After Dr. Shen nearly succumbs to Gambit's charm, she angrily says, "So many pretty words you spoke. But far worse, the hints dropped, the promises made without words. That wasn't nice. I enjoy temptation. But I won't be trifled with." In a previous panel, the Shadow King says, "Very snappy patter, my young friend. I dare say, given a decent opportunity... you might seduce even me." This would seem to imply that there was some influence involved since the Shadow King is a powerful psion. Of course, there is also nothing to say Gambit isn't just good at seduction because of what his power and experiences have allowed him to know about people as well. Gambit's understanding Wolverine's personality allowed him to win their game, for instance, but there definitely is some power there.

Similarly, in issue #3 of the first Gambit Limited Series, on Page 16, Candra tells him, "Do not try your Cajun charm, mutant! It does nothing for me...." Again, on page 29, we are treated to Remy, up close to Candra, giving her one of his grins. She just has a dopy, glazed over look in her eyes. He then kisses her, to which she replies: "Get out of my sight, thief... before I come to my senses and have you killed." While kissing her, he manages to extricate a vial from the cleavage of her very tight bodice, which that either something was going on mentally, the man is downright magnificent with his hands, or that was one heck of a kiss! Or all of the above; take your pick.

There is no indication how strong this power is but Gambit obviously has at least decent control over it. If he does have the ability to "charm" people, he obviously has respected and cared about the X-Men enough to not use his power to influence them. Otherwise, he'd never have had to endure the distrust they have frequently thrown at him.

When Psylocke rudely scanned Gambit's mind right after he awakened from a coma, he was able to psychically sneak up on her in the astral plane and cut her off from further invasion of his privacy, something Psylocke asserts shouldn't have been possible. Gambit also knew someone (his adopted brother) had snuck into the mansion when the security systems had not detected him and no one else knew. Possibly an emotional signature or some type of awareness.

Gambit also seems to be very sympathetic and understanding to other people's emotions when he wants to be and cool and aloof when he doesn't, leaning even more toward implying an empathic type power.

SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HigorM  Moderator
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm:

So AIM is also known as An Involuntary Movement, right?Something like in Toaru Majutsu no Index, a term used to refer to the phenomenon in which an esper involuntarily produces an invisible energy field around the esper. While the AIM Diffusion Field is the energy field that surrounds the esper that is made up of the aggregation of that energy. Are you refering to this? If that's the case then it's a different thing. Gambit does not emits that kind of thing at all times. It's something within his body that goes unnoticed even for the most powerfull telepath.

1. But it's different, for me it's clear that a static interference does not work the same way of a AIM dipersion field. Anyway, it does not matter much considering they would end up finding each other having to fight at some point and further considering Jean Luc possess means to detect Best from distance with seismic sense, this specific debate is almost fruitless for us.

2. Jean Luc does not have the desire to kill or maim his enemy for pleasure. He will do what he can and what's necessary to win, but without holding that eager to kill, that's why I believe your detect bloodlust won't work.

1. Why do you keep comparing Misaka to a telepath? What she does is different. As indicated from the scan in my previous post her body naturally emits electrical waves that when focused upon allows her to feel her surroundings. Additionally, she see's living things easier because of their bio electrical signal that flows through their bodies. Something of which Gambit has. His "Static Interference" would just show up brighter because of it is what I'v been trying to explain. Even in the event that she doesn't see his head for some reason there is still the rest of his body. So I don't really see how that would block her.

2. Who says it needs to be for pleasure? Hans "Detect Bloodlust" has triggered on people who just had the thought of killing/maiming him but didn't actually act upon the thought itself.

This friend of his was jealous of the fact that an older woman was talking to Han in a flirtatious way and so started pouring out killing intent. Even when Han calls her out on it she flat out deigns it but his ability tells him otherwise.

I've making it seem that we don't have advantage over the other on that regard, which means that another aspect has to be analized to determine who wins. That being said, I believe JL got what it takes since his mix of powers grants him a great combination of both offensive and defensive capabilities. Being able to react at the top level for this tourney coupled by his power set makes him very hard to put down and at the same time very danger to deal with.

Best buffs can only make her at tourney limits, which is something my character can deal with, considering Gambit manage to hold his own against both Wolverine and Spider-Man before, now add earthbending to the mix and he's pretty much covered.

The earthquake does not hold killing intentions, but only to destabilize, disorient and etc. This move would require an action from your character which would lead him to a set of booby traps.

Unlike Wolverine & Spiderman, Best has Electromagnetism. Something of which will as already explained help counter Earth Bending. As for the earthquake, what's your point about it not having killing intent? That's not what Best would think. Your using a large scale flashy devistating move. So Best would answer in kind with a large and devastating move of her own aka a tidal wave of Iron Particles.

Metalbending

As for Metalbending, she originally used an underdeveloped form of metalbending and usually needed to have direct contact with the element to manipulate it at all, let alone skillfully. However, she continued to practice her metalbending and started to display a dexterous control over metal. In Wulong Forest, when she was breaking into a Fire Nation airship, it was shown that her metalbending had improved greatly, as she created metal armor and manipulated the metallic structure of the room with far more ease than before, moving metal more fluidly. She was also able to crawl along the metal ceiling while completely covered in metal. Additionally, Toph could metalbend outside of her metal armor, even though she was already bending the armor in the first place.

A year later, Toph could bend metal that she was not in contact with, like when she demonstrated her ability to bend metal to Kunyo, who was trying to take over the metalbending school, by bending a metal weapon around his head. She later stated that as long as someone could see the metal, she could bend it, which she demonstrated when metalbending screws and bolts to unscrew the wheels of Fire Nation tanks.

Toph later taught this self-invented technique to many earthbenders, including her daughters. After the Hundred Year War, Toph further refined metalbending to the point of being able to start and lead a capable law enforcement group of metalbending police officers. She was able to sense even trace amounts of metal, unlike her daughters. Her proficiency in metalbending was such that she could tear a hole in a metal wall and restore it to its previous state without a trace of it ever having been bent.

Sources:

• "Sozin's Comet, Part 3: Into the Inferno". Avatar: The Last Airbender. Season 3. Episode 20.
  • "The Aftermath".The Legend of Korra. Season 1. Episode 7.
  • "The Coronation". The Legend of Korra. Season 2. Episode 16
  • "Operation Beifong". The Legend of Korra.Season 2. Episode 23

This is all well and good but none of these things are moving, apart from the small amount of mercury in Korra's body and the necklace. Additionally, none of these feats are of as grand a scale as the amount of particles that Misaka can manipulate thanks to her electromagnetism. At most you could stop "some" of the attacks but not all. While Best could destroy all of your earth bending attacks with the iron particles which would only get larger and larger as the battle went on.

Not sure it would be that easy. First she needs to tag him in order to blast a hole through the armor. His superhuman reflexes and agility mixed with seismic sense should be enough to let him avoid it, as seen next:

You would get tagged eventually and moving around would make Best all the more generate AOE attacks.

That power appeared to have a distance limit, something that my character could avoid, not to mention I'm pretty sure it would not work against an earth armor.

As for iron particles, how could Best predict which kind of strike would come next? There's a multitude of ways he could do it and i'm not sure she would be able to properly react to all of them.

It had a set distance yes but that distance wasn't exactly short. As for it not working on earth armor, it would. If you noticed, around the epicenter the very ground crushed and melted from the force. Something, that would happen to the earth armor if your within range. It'd also at the very least melt it a bit. Remember, her lightning attacks actually has physical result apart from the electrocution itself.

Misaka doesn't need physical contact to manipulate the Iron Particles nor does she even really need to move. She can also manipulate them so as to generate a automatic defense to anything that gets near her.

Misaka vs AIM Burst

That shows the the auto Iron defense. It also shows the flesh melting feat. Which is actually even more impressive because the heat was going out even further then a foot. Anyways, while you could do it multiple ways. Best would get tipped off due the movement of the iron particles in the earth.

She's not faster, as stated above, and despite using her powers to a greater extent, they won't work as expected against an earthbender. For me, Jean Luc is the perfect counter for your character. He possess ways to effectively harm and put her down, but the same can't be said for her, for the reasons I've already stated.

You didn't quite understand what I was saying. I wasn't saying that she was faster then Jean, I meant that she was faster then her mother when that event happened. And just like you, Best is the perfect counter for your character. All off her senses get your your own characters senses and she has the means to detect your traps & earth bending in addition to completely halting and over powering it from within for the reasons stated above.

That being said, even if everything else fails, Jean Luc has one last ace in the hole.

Considering that "Best" is both a human and a female, my amalgam character is able to and will use his Hypnotic Charm, the ability to "charge" the kinetic energy within a person's brain, allowing a subtle influence over any sentient mind. This power allows Gambit to compel others to believe what he says and agree with anything he suggests. It's a Bio-molecular Charm Effect - passively charms people around him into not hating him or like him when they otherwise wouldn't. With some smooth words, the charm can even counter-act the Shadow King’s corruption. Shadow King even admits it could charm him. See scans below:

In Uncanny X-Men #266, the story suggests that Gambit's ability to smooth talk people went beyond sex appeal or the gift of gab. After Dr. Shen nearly succumbs to Gambit's charm, she angrily says, "So many pretty words you spoke. But far worse, the hints dropped, the promises made without words. That wasn't nice. I enjoy temptation. But I won't be trifled with." In a previous panel, the Shadow King says, "Very snappy patter, my young friend. I dare say, given a decent opportunity... you might seduce even me." This would seem to imply that there was some influence involved since the Shadow King is a powerful psion. Of course, there is also nothing to say Gambit isn't just good at seduction because of what his power and experiences have allowed him to know about people as well. Gambit's understanding Wolverine's personality allowed him to win their game, for instance, but there definitely is some power there.

Similarly, in issue #3 of the first Gambit Limited Series, on Page 16, Candra tells him, "Do not try your Cajun charm, mutant! It does nothing for me...." Again, on page 29, we are treated to Remy, up close to Candra, giving her one of his grins. She just has a dopy, glazed over look in her eyes. He then kisses her, to which she replies: "Get out of my sight, thief... before I come to my senses and have you killed." While kissing her, he manages to extricate a vial from the cleavage of her very tight bodice, which that either something was going on mentally, the man is downright magnificent with his hands, or that was one heck of a kiss! Or all of the above; take your pick.

There is no indication how strong this power is but Gambit obviously has at least decent control over it. If he does have the ability to "charm" people, he obviously has respected and cared about the X-Men enough to not use his power to influence them. Otherwise, he'd never have had to endure the distrust they have frequently thrown at him.

When Psylocke rudely scanned Gambit's mind right after he awakened from a coma, he was able to psychically sneak up on her in the astral plane and cut her off from further invasion of his privacy, something Psylocke asserts shouldn't have been possible. Gambit also knew someone (his adopted brother) had snuck into the mansion when the security systems had not detected him and no one else knew. Possibly an emotional signature or some type of awareness.

Gambit also seems to be very sympathetic and understanding to other people's emotions when he wants to be and cool and aloof when he doesn't, leaning even more toward implying an empathic type power.

Unfortunately this to will fail due to Best having a two-fold defense.

Misaka is immune to an telepathic due to her Electromaster AIM Disperion Field.

Her ability is Mental Out (心理掌握 (メンタルアウト) Shinri Shōaku (Mentaru Auto)?, lit. "Psychological Control"), a very powerful ability involving the human mind which includes mental control, reading other people's memories, telepathy, changing a person's personality, willpower and memory destruction, reveleation and transplantation of emotions,[23]brainwashing,[5][12] and psychometry.[56]

Her powers (and that of Mitsuari Ayu's Mental Stinger) are derived from her control of the secretion of chemicals in the target's brain via the control of blood distribution, cerebrospinal fluid, and others, in the brain. Instead of controlling bio-electricity directly, she changes its conductive efficiency by controlling the fluid that acts as a catalyst for the electricity to flow through. Furthermore, Misaki's method of reading minds without relying on another person's brain is likely also related to moisture

If some one who has a very similar ability as Jean can't control Misaka then I don't how he could do it either.

In addition there is "Gamers Mind". Which makes Best immune to any and all psychological status effect. These two make together make it pretty much impossible for Jean's "Hypnotic Charm". So yet again my character has the perfect counter to your characters abilities.

Conclusion

As I see it. Although, at first glance it would appear your character has all the advantages to counter Best's abilities. It is indeed the opposite.

1. Best can detect the Kinetic Amp's thanks to her radar
  2. Best can detect Jean especially well thanks to his own Static Interferance
  3. Best can sufficiently counter & detect Earth Bending thanks to the Iron Particles within it
  4. Best lightning/electrical attacks don't simply shock and has legitimately devastating effects to the environment
  5. Thanks to her amped speed & natural reflexes + senses she'll be able to close any gap you try to make
  6. Best will not be "Charmed" by Jean thanks to her to fold Mental Defenses

@jacthripper Voting can now be opened.