Amalgam R1: Joewell vs Darkraiden (VOTING)

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jacthripper

Welcome to the Amalgam Tournament Reborn

For this tournament, you pick any two street level characters from fiction, 1 male and 1 female, and imagine what their child will be like, then use them to fight!

Ex.- Aunt May and Arms Fall Off Boy

The offspring would have all the sweetness of Aunt May and All the arm falls off-ness of AFO Boy

Rules

• You have to follow the morals of one of your parents
  • All gear must be STANDARD GEAR OF THE MOTHER/FATHER. They must only use what their mother and father REGULARLY uses. (Ex. Cap with his shield / Elektra with her Twin Sai)
  • Your character will share the attributes of the mother and the father with an addition of the special abilities that one might have. (Ex. Grifter and telekinesis/ Cassandra Cain and Body Reading) Of which would mean that your character will possess those abilities. You're of course going to be using scans of the Mother/Father but using them to interpret what their child is doing on the battlefield.
  • All techniques will remain the same but there some limitations to be addressed.
  • Your Character WILL BE AT THEIR PEAK OF WHATEVER THEIR PEAK IS. Adult, if you will.
  • You can choose characters from any universe, as long as they have applicable feats. However, assume I know nothing about any Book, Video Game, Manga, Anime and etc character, requiring you to explain their abilities.
  • If you put an OP character in, and I find out its OP later on, Your character will lose all Powers, and be nerfed to Peak Human.

Limitations

• All techniques will remain the same but there some limitations to be addressed.
  • Telekinetic abilities will also be crunched a tad bit. Largest item that can be thrown - 100 lbs. You can use it on your opponent, but you cannot move them. Only disorient them or chuck items at them. No instakill from the inside either.
  • Stats can't be nerfed.
  • Telepathy can only be used to mind read
  • 10-15 Ton Strength Limit (Around Spider-Man level)
  • Travel speed is limited to 250Mph
  • Bullet Timing+ Reactions (Around Wolverine/Spider-Man levels)
  • No energy projection above Tank Busting
  • No: Unavoidable Attacks, Physical Internal Attacks, Reality Warping, Duplication, Molecule Manipulation, Pre-Cog, , Power Mimicry/Absorption/Nullification, Clayform, Intangibility, etc. If you think something is OP, ask and give an explanation.

@joewell Representing the child of Pride and Crona

@darkraiden Representing the child of Static Shock and Cassandra Cain

Battle will take place here

No Caption Provided

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Joewell911

@jacthripper: Where's the fight at? Any prep?

I guess now. I've already done this tounament, so I'm just gonna post a link to that as my opener, if that's cool with you.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/amalgam-tournament-comicdude-vs-joewell-vs-zerokni-1606623/

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell Here

My character for this fight is the product of a relationship between Pride from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Crona Gorgon from Soul Eater ( The anime only ). I shall name this child Dante S. Bradley.

Dante will take the morality of his father,Pride, who is an cold-blooded arrogant murderer and will wield nothing but his own Black Blood. Dante will look similar to his dad, meaning he'll look like a child, with the pink hair of his mother.

From his father, Dante has inherited several powers. This includes the regeneration, super smell, and shadow manipulation of the homunculus. To give you an idea of what Dante will be capable of, here's a video:

Loading Video...

( Watch from beginning to 6:00ish, then 7:10 to end )

As you can see, Prides ( and in turn Dantes ) shadows are extremely strong and have a very high cutting power. They were able to easily chop down trees and peirce Alphonse Elrics body, which is bullet-proof. There also pretty fast and come in large groups.

Pride's regeneration is also a big factor, while it wasn't really shown in the video above, is shown in the scans below:

Here Pride takes a beating from the chimera Heinkel and goes to get up in a matter of minutes. ( Two things to note here;These scans take place just a little before the video, and that Pride can't use his powers in those scans because its pitch black, and Pride can't use his powers when its to dark or too bright )

Using Prides power alone, Dante is a formidable combatant. But then we have a whole other side of him, coming from Crona.

Crona is a meister with the ability to use Black Blood. This ability basically allows her to harden and shape her blood, making her very durable and dangerous. Again, I'll provide a couple videos so you can get the jist of her.

Loading Video...

( Watch from 2:45-4:20 then 4:50 to 6:40 )

This video shows Cronas sword fighting skills, Screech attacks, and some of her Black Blood. This didn't really show her full potential like the next two videos will, but its a good start.

Before I post the next videos, I'd like to bring attention to the giant black form coming out of her back. That is Ragnarok, and he is melted down into Cronas blood. While he is technically a separate entity, he's bonded with Crona, so I assume he'll be passed down like every other thing.

Loading Video...

( 1:00 to 4:45 )

Here in this video,Crona fights Stein, one of the most powerful people in the series. While Crona loses badly here, it still shows Cronas ability even further.

Loading Video...

( 0:40-1:50, 4:00-7:10 )

And lastly for this post with have Cronas battle against Death the Kid. In this fight Crona shows some impressive durability against Kids magical bullets, flight, and more screech attacks.

As the child of these two, Dante is a very powerful opponent. With his plethora of powers and moderate physicals I believe Dante will have only a little trouble with your character. But I won't get into how Dante will take on you two until after I'm a little more knowledgeable.

Btw, sorry if any of this sounds a little weird. I wrote this while pretty tired and kinda in a rush, so if anything sounds illogical, tell me and I'll try to clarify.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden joewell is on mobile, but I got his post up for him.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DarkRaiden

@joewell: Ok, go here to see what Static can do:

http://www.comicvine.com/static/4005-26578/forums/static-respect-thread-417804/?page=1

And for Cassandra:

http://www.comicvine.com/cassandra-cain/4005-65230/forums/cassandra-cain-respect-thread-627374/

Name:

I'll name the kid Virgil Cain, only cause it sounds awesome and still combines both of his parents. Sorry Virgil, your child's taking his mother's last name.

Strategy

1. V.C. will start by charging the area around him so that your guy will be instantly magnetized and stuck to the surface. There's no real escape from that, so that should be sufficient but regardless

2. V.C. will cover himself in an EM shield to protect himself and if you're guy is still able to attack while stuck to a wall and/or immobilized mid air (the next thing to try) then he will....

3. V.C. will try a multitude of things. First just try to put you to sleep and win the fight, next the electron trick (brushing off 90% of electrons and then bringing them back), next blasting you full out with lightning, and then finally, with the analysis and intelligence (battle smarts more for Cassie) he will deduce how your powers work and make it 'too bright' for Pride's powers to have any affect and pick you off from there. Also with black blood being.....blood it should be able to be affected more by electricity than if it were just armor.

4. Any attacks should be dodged with a combination of Cassie and Static's reflexes and blocked by the EM Shield.

5. Just as a visual, could you imagine combining Static's taser punch/charging body with electricity with Cassie's sheer skill at fighting+nerve strikes? It'd be super awesome. It won't come to that, I just thought it was cool.

That's it.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Nice character.

1. V.C. will start by charging the area around him so that your guy will be instantly magnetized and stuck to the surface. There's no real escape from that, so that should be sufficient but regardless

Can he magnetize things that are in the air? Cause that's where Dante will be. Even if he can, it doesn't really matter because Pride's, from whom he takes his morals from, fighting style involves him sitting back and letting his shadows tear people to shreds.

2. V.C. will cover himself in an EM shield to protect himself and if you're guy is still able to attack while stuck to a wall and/or immobilized mid air (the next thing to try) then he will....

Oh yeah, he can attack alright. Can that shield block hundreds of metal slicing shadow tendrils and Bloody Needles? For the sake of poor Virgil, let's hope so.

3. V.C. will try a multitude of things. First just try to put you to sleep and win the fight, next the electron trick (brushing off 90% of electrons and then bringing them back), next blasting you full out with lightning, and then finally, with the analysis and intelligence (battle smarts more for Cassie) he will deduce how your powers work and make it 'too bright' for Pride's powers to have any affect and pick you off from there. Also with black blood being.....blood it should be able to be affected more by electricity than if it were just armor.

How exactly would he put Dante to sleep? He's not human ya know. Homunculi don't require sleep, and even if he was somehow put out, Ragnarok would most likely just wake him up. Electron thing wouldn't do much, he;s to durable for that to hurt him. A lightning blast would take one life away from Dante, but being fueled by a Philosopher's Stone he would just regenerate, you would have to kill him a couple dozen, maybe even a hundred, times, which wouldn't happen ( I'll do my offensive below ). I doubt you can make it too bright, unless you can generate flashbangs. And Black Blood may or may not be affected by electricity, but even if it is Dante still has shadows, which definitely wouldn't be.

4. Any attacks should be dodged with a combination of Cassie and Static's reflexes and blocked by the EM Shield.

I don't think so. There will be literally hundreds of shadow tendrils and little balls of blood attacking them from left, right, behind, in front, above, below and everything in between. No way he's dodging all that. Show me the shields blocking hundreds of things that casually pierce bulletproof metal ( Alphonse's armor ), then we can talk.

5. Just as a visual, could you imagine combining Static's taser punch/charging body with electricity with Cassie's sheer skill at fighting+nerve strikes? It'd be super awesome. It won't come to that, I just thought it was cool.

It'd be cool, but the shadow/Black Blood combo is cooler imo.

The Attack:

Ok, so now that I've countered all of your points, I'd like to say how Dante would win.

1. Soon as the match starts, Dante would grow wings and take to the sky. Next he'd slit his wrist and spew blood everywhere.
  2. Now he will make his blood and shadows attack Virgil in full force. From all angles. Not stopping to give him a chance to attack. He just does this until Virgil slips up and gets impaled, which would happen eventually.
  3. If Dante somehow does get hit, he'd either heal and/or not even feel it.
  4. Dante wins, flawless victory! XD
DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DarkRaiden

@joewell:

Nice character.

Thanks.

Can he magnetize things that are in the air? Cause that's where Dante will be. Even if he can, it doesn't really matter because Pride's, from whom he takes his morals from, fighting style involves him sitting back and letting his shadows tear people to shreds.

Yes, yes he can.

Oh yeah, he can attack alright. Can that shield block hundreds of metal slicing shadow tendrils and Bloody Needles? For the sake of poor Virgil, let's hope so.

Yep. Blocked many attacks from a building falling on him to bullets to lasers to energy blasts, etc. Plus it's a round forcefield so all he has to do is leave it up.

How exactly would he put Dante to sleep? He's not human ya know. Homunculi don't require sleep, and even if he was somehow put out, Ragnarok would most likely just wake him up. Electron thing wouldn't do much, he;s to durable for that to hurt him. A lightning blast would take one life away from Dante, but being fueled by a Philosopher's Stone he would just regenerate, you would have to kill him a couple dozen, maybe even a hundred, times, which wouldn't happen ( I'll do my offensive below ). I doubt you can make it too bright, unless you can generate flashbangs. And Black Blood may or may not be affected by electricity, but even if it is Dante still has shadows, which definitely wouldn't be.

Well if you have a brain and think at all, you have electrical impulses that can be disrupted to put you into 'sleep'. Also Crona's human/witch (who act as humans physically) so your guy is at least half human and likely would sleep. Not sure how you got the too durable thing with the electrons since there's no indication either way and....yeah V.C. would be able to generate a flashbang. Lightning itself does that and if he cranks up the volume it's a natural flashbang.

Also I'll point out that I homunculi were based on humans and thus should also have some human features still left in their body. And for black blood to exist, a heart needs to exist, and electricity is known for stopping things like hearts.

In these links are things lightning does to a human body (and the damage is hard to heal):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_strike#Lightning.27s_interaction_with_the_body

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_injuries

http://www.ebme.co.uk/articles/electrical-safety/331-physiological-effects-of-electricity

http://www.hydroquebec.com/security/effet_courant.html

I don't think so. There will be literally hundreds of shadow tendrils and little balls of blood attacking them from left, right, behind, in front, above, below and everything in between. No way he's dodging all that. Show me the shields blocking hundreds of things that casually pierce bulletproof metal ( Alphonse's armor ), then we can talk.

Well it's a circular shield so where the attack is coming from isn't important really. And it blocked building busting attacks and machine-gun fire and so on. So it should be fine. Also a sword blocked the shadows quite easily so the forcefield should be fine.

It'd be cool, but the shadow/Black Blood combo is cooler imo.

I don't know. Black Blood and Shadows start to look similar eventually. If you'd done something like Black Blood and one of those guys from Deadman Wonderland then we could talk.

1. Soon as the match starts, Dante would grow wings and take to the sky. Next he'd slit his wrist and spew blood everywhere.
  2. Now he will make his blood and shadows attack Virgil in full force. From all angles. Not stopping to give him a chance to attack. He just does this until Virgil slips up and gets impaled, which would happen eventually.
  3. If Dante somehow does get hit, he'd either heal and/or not even feel it.
  4. Dante wins, flawless victory! XD

1. He flies true, but he's instantly magnetized and immobilized before he can even slit his wrist tbh.

2. V.C. could relax in his circular forcefield that blocks from all angles, and/or dodge with with his mother's ridiculous combat speed (which is waaaaaay above the people shown in that video from what I can see. And they dodged it just fine).

3. Not feel lightning? I'm gonna need to see that. As for healing, IDK, if V.C. disrupts your electrical impulses as he did to those zombies and like he did when he put that girl to sleep, then I don't see you recovering from that. Does Pride have any feats like that? Recovering from a beatdown in a few minutes is....alright. but Lightning? That's an entirely different type of damage and an entirely different scale of damage. And that's just lightning damage. Now add on it's simply disrupting the electrical impulses in your brain and...well it would certainly take more than a couple of minutes and even then, that's a KO.

4. Nah, V.C. wins via intelligence and awesome lightning powers.

Summary

1. V.C.'s forcefield shield him from Dante's attacks, shadow and blood

2. Magnetism stops Dante from moving at all

3. V.C. can even produce bright lights to stop Shadows from working and use electricity on the blood

4. Dante's shown regeneration (from Pride) doesn't cut it for lightning damage and especially electrical impulse manipulation

5. V.C. doesn't get touched and easily wins this.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joewell911

@darkraiden

Yep. Blocked many attacks from a building falling on him to bullets to lasers to energy blasts, etc. Plus it's a round forcefield so all he has to do is leave it up.

Building don't target you, and Pride's shadows have cut through bulletproof stuff before.

Well if you have a brain and think at all, you have electrical impulses that can be disrupted to put you into 'sleep'. Also Crona's human/witch (who act as humans physically) so your guy is at least half human and likely would sleep. Not sure how you got the too durable thing with the electrons since there's no indication either way and....yeah V.C. would be able to generate a flashbang. Lightning itself does that and if he cranks up the volume it's a natural flashbang.

1. I doubt it, but Ragnarok, who is just a thing of sentient blood, would slap him awake.
  2. Because Crona is near invulnerable to blunt attacks ( I assume that's what that is, but it could be lightning, in which case it'd take a life from his stone )
  3. Lightning isn't typically bright enough to abolish all shadows, so unless you show me Static doing that exact thing, I can't believe it can make light bright enough for that. He wouldn't know about that weakness anyways.

Well it's a circular shield so where the attack is coming from isn't important really. And it blocked building busting attacks and machine-gun fire and so on. So it should be fine.

Pride's shadows>gunfire when it comes to piercing ability. And Virgil would cast his shadow inside of his shield, which Pride could control.

1. He flies true, but he's instantly magnetized and immobilized before he can even slit his wrist tbh.

2. V.C. could relax in his circular forcefield that blocks from all angles

3. Not feel lightning? I'm gonna need to see that. As for healing, IDK, if V.C. disrupts your electrical impulses as he did to those zombies and like he did when he put that girl to sleep, then I don't see you recovering from that. Does Pride have any feats like that? Recovering from a beatdown in a few minutes is....alright. but Lightning? That's an entirely different type of damage and an entirely different scale of damage. And that's just lightning damage. Now add on it's simply disrupting the electrical impulses in your brain and...well it would certainly take more than a couple of minutes and even then, that's a KO.

4. Nah, V.C. wins via intelligence and awesome lightning powers.

1. He can cut himself with shadows.
  2. It'd be broken eventually by the hundreds of sharper than bullet tendrils or bypassed by attacking him from within the shield.
  3. I said depending on the attack. He'd feel lightning, like I've already said. And Homunculi don't run on brain power, look at when Greed got his head knocked off but was still able to move, they run on Philosopher's Stones, so I doubt any of this brain stuff would really work. As for would he heal from it, well yeah. The Stone allows you to heal from any damage using the power of souls. Other Homunculus who run off the same thing Dante does have survive being reduced to ash and having their insides transmuted to mush.
  4. He still wouldn't be able to attack, there'd be too many things in his way for him to accurately blast at Dante.

In these links are things lightning does to a human body (and the damage is hard to heal):

So is being turned to ash and having your brain exploded, but other Homunculi have no problem healing from it.

Summary

1. V.C.'s forcefield shield him from Dante's attacks, shadow and blood

2. Magnetism stops Dante from moving at all

3. V.C. can even produce bright lights to stop Shadows from working and use electricity on the blood

4. Dante's shown regeneration (from Pride) doesn't cut it for lightning damage and especially electrical impulse manipulation

5. V.C. doesn't get touched and easily wins this.

1. Not until you show me it's that powerful.
  2. He doesn't need to move.
  3. It's not bright enough. Look outside during a lightning storm. There are still shadows.
  4. The Stone heals all damage until it runs out. Plus Homunculi don't run off brain power.
  5. Nah. :P
Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell:

Building don't target you, and Pride's shadows have cut through bulletproof stuff before.

It fell on his head....plus there's the bombs I mentioned, bullets, lasers, I mean...lasers. Also the shadows you showed were blocked by Ed's automail and even a sword. Plus I've never seen it pierce energy.

1. I doubt it, but Ragnarok, who is just a thing of sentient blood, would slap him awake.
  2. Because Crona is near invulnerable to blunt attacks ( I assume that's what that is, but it could be lightning, in which case it'd take a life from his stone )
  3. Lightning isn't typically bright enough to abolish all shadows, so unless you show me Static doing that exact thing, I can't believe it can make light bright enough for that. He wouldn't know about that weakness anyways.

1. Um...no. You've put to sleep via brain electricity manipulation. That's not a 'slap awake' sleep, that's a 'coma' sleep.

2. It is indeed lightning.

3. It...generally is. Naturally. Observe the 2 videos, everything's dark, complete black and the second the lightning strikes, everything lights up. And as said before, Static's a genius and very intelligent (he fixed/saved Kid Flash recently), he'd figure it out. And honestly, it'd likely happen on accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iry5_3dMKjk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWsjZk7p11I

And here's Static doing something anyways:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7604/1028343-static_01_06.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7604/1028390-static__005___03___copy.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7604/1028769-08.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7604/1311139-1311134_scannedimage_4_super.jpg

Pride's shadows>gunfire when it comes to piercing ability. And Virgil would cast his shadow inside of his shield, which Pride could control.

But does it pierce energy? Is it more piercing than lasers? How can a sword block it then? Doesn't add up. Also Virgil's never cast a shadow in his shield to my knowledge. Also never saw Pride control other people's shadows.

1. He can cut himself with shadows.
  2. It'd be broken eventually by the hundreds of sharper than bullet tendrils or bypassed by attacking him from within the shield.
  3. I said depending on the attack. He'd feel lightning, like I've already said. And Homunculi don't run on brain power, look at when Greed got his head knocked off but was still able to move, they run on Philosopher's Stones, so I doubt any of this brain stuff would really work. As for would he heal from it, well yeah. The Stone allows you to heal from any damage using the power of souls. Other Homunculus who run off the same thing Dante does have survive being reduced to ash and having their insides transmuted to mush.
  4. He still wouldn't be able to attack, there'd be too many things in his way for him to accurately blast at Dante.

2. Nah. Don't see how random shadows are bypassing electricity that's blocked better and stronger attacks.

3. Homonculi might not, but you're half human and HAVE to be because you gave your character blood powers. And healing is fine, but how fast would you heal from these attacks? What's stopping V.C. from repeating the process as long as he feels?

4. I don't see anything in his way tbh. Shadows are auto-taken out by lightning, as is blood. Neither help much against lightning.

1. Not until you show me it's that powerful.
  2. He doesn't need to move.
  3. It's not bright enough. Look outside during a lightning storm. There are still shadows.
  4. The Stone heals all damage until it runs out. Plus Homunculi don't run off brain power.
  5. Nah. :P

1. I have.

2. Maybe, maybe not. But with no shadows, no blood, and no movement, it's impossible for you to win.

3. No it's not that's when lightning is miles and miles away. This lightning is feet away.

4. Time matters, plus V.C. can just keep killing you.

5. Yerp.

So....

Summary

Lightning's brightness counters the shadows, the shields block your attacks (mere swords and automail did), his reflexes can easily dodge if need be (see: Cassandra Cain), lightning also does funky stuff to blood and hearts, leaving you with 0 offensive or defensive options.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: 0_0

I wrote a post two days ago, but apparently it didn't post. I don't feel like rewriting it, so we can just go ahead and open this up.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Sorry, I'll have it up either late tonight or tomorrow, just waiting for all of them to finish.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theultimatetitan
TheUltimateTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper:

@darkraiden gets my vote, he had good counters to all of joe's points.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for sightlessreality
SightlessReality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden Gets my vote. He like several others in the tournaments pretty much countered all of Joewells advantages & presented them in a plausible fashion.

Still @Joewell had a pretty awesome Amalgam. If another one gets made hope you join. :)

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jacthripper

Current Vote Count

@joewell -0

@darkraiden -4

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: I'm going to vote for darkraiden as I feel he sufficiently countered most of joewells points.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DarkRaiden
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers