Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jacthripper

Welcome to the Amalgam Tournament Reborn

For this tournament, you pick any two street level characters from fiction, 1 male and 1 female, and imagine what their child will be like, then use them to fight!

Ex.- Aunt May and Arms Fall Off Boy

The offspring would have all the sweetness of Aunt May and All the arm falls off-ness of AFO Boy

Rules

• You have to follow the morals of one of your parents
  • All gear must be STANDARD GEAR OF THE MOTHER/FATHER. They must only use what their mother and father REGULARLY uses. (Ex. Cap with his shield / Elektra with her Twin Sai)
  • Your character will share the attributes of the mother and the father with an addition of the special abilities that one might have. (Ex. Grifter and telekinesis/ Cassandra Cain and Body Reading) Of which would mean that your character will possess those abilities. You're of course going to be using scans of the Mother/Father but using them to interpret what their child is doing on the battlefield.
  • All techniques will remain the same but there some limitations to be addressed.
  • Your Character WILL BE AT THEIR PEAK OF WHATEVER THEIR PEAK IS. Adult, if you will.
  • You can choose characters from any universe, as long as they have applicable feats. However, assume I know nothing about any Book, Video Game, Manga, Anime and etc character, requiring you to explain their abilities.
  • If you put an OP character in, and I find out its OP later on, Your character will lose all Powers, and be nerfed to Peak Human.

Limitations

• All techniques will remain the same but there some limitations to be addressed.
  • Telekinetic abilities will also be crunched a tad bit. Largest item that can be thrown - 100 lbs. You can use it on your opponent, but you cannot move them. Only disorient them or chuck items at them. No instakill from the inside either.
  • Stats can't be nerfed.
  • Telepathy can only be used to mind read
  • 10-15 Ton Strength Limit (Around Spider-Man level)
  • Travel speed is limited to 250Mph
  • Bullet Timing+ Reactions (Around Wolverine/Spider-Man levels)
  • No energy projection above Tank Busting
  • No: Unavoidable Attacks, Physical Internal Attacks, Reality Warping, Duplication, Molecule Manipulation, Pre-Cog, , Power Mimicry/Absorption/Nullification, Clayform, Intangibility, etc. If you think something is OP, ask and give an explanation.

@frisky4 Representing the child of Nightcrawler x X-23

@skit Representing the child of Boy Blue x Motoko

Battle will take place here

No Caption Provided

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Skit

@frisky4 Unfortunately i'm a bit busy at the moment(for the evening actually), but I'll have free time tomorrow on words. If you would like to go in the mean time though, I'll at least post some info on my character(s) and their abilities.

Boy Blue

No Caption Provided

Many a year ago Blue was an acclaimed veteran of the homelands war against the adversary, Boy Blue fought to protect and save as many fables in a ever losing war. This continued to the very last stronghold connecting the homelands and the mundane world. Of course it eventually does fall and order to report this Blue was given the witching cloak allowing him to teleport to the other escapees and allow him to leave with his life. Fast forward x amount of years later(bare minimum of 18 years) and now he acts as an assistant for the Fabletown sudo-government. That is until he tasked with acting as an agent secretly in an attempt to retake the homelands and assassinate the adversary.

Powers/abilities- While not having much more going for him due to his limited popularity in the mass populace. This not to say he is in anyway weak as his physiology grants several things. Superhuman stats though not particularly nnotable outside of his speed which he's shown to generally be faster than other fables. Immortality, essentially ageless and able to come back from anything(not necessarily as himself though) eventually so long as the mass remembers his existence. Regeneration, able recover most wounds pretty quickly and in most cases regardless of the severity(it verys quite bit though).Additionally due to his centuries of experience and training from other fables, Blue is quite adept at combat, especially sword based.

Gear wise his most notably has two things, the witching cloak and the vorpal sword/blade.

No Caption Provided

The witching cloak is extremely powerful artifact which true capabilities have yet to be seen. What it has shown is teleportation without limits shown(able to go into other dimensions, invisibility, shape shifting, following commands of user and being highly durable and resistant to most things.

No Caption Provided

The Vorpal blade of Alice in Wonderland fame is a sword of much power being able to cut through nearly anything(everything besides Geppettos shield/forcefield) and is shown to be nearly indestructible.

Motoko Kusangi

No Caption Provided

Set in the not so distance future, Motoko was born normal. After some unspecified accident though, she had to have her body almost completely(over 90%) replaced with only her brain and spine remaining human. From there she went on become a successful soldier during ww4, earning the rank of major at much earlier than most. After the war she was offered a job as co leader of government backed, military grade group of cyber and traditional security. She lead this group highly successfully becoming a go to team for situations require force or more subtle hacking based tasks.

Powers/abilities- As a full body cyborg, her body is superior to that of a humans in every way, especially with her's being a military grade one. Then there's her main ability with which she earned her fame,which is her hacking which borders on technopathy. Additionally she has thermoptic camouflage integrated into her, allowing her to become invisible to all but the sense of smell. Addition to all this she has experienced several different trainings from military groups and due to her brain not be functioning in the same was a human/having cybernetic implants shes well versed in h2h combat. Additionally her cyborg body allows her to have incredible aim.

Gear- She uses numerous weapons ranging from a dinky pistol to serious assault rifles,smgs, sniper rifles,etc.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

To top these weapons off though as the above scan says, she can use HV ammo in combination with her wepons. I'll explain these further, but to summerize them for right now. Think of them as essentially armor piercing bullets, just superior in every way mostly due to their speed.

Then there's her mask/goggles which analyzes and aids her when she doesn't have her enhanced eyes.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Frisky4

@skit: Sorry it took me a while, but here it is.

Nightcrawler

No Caption Provided

Powers/Abilities: Kurt's main power is teleportation. He can travel anywhere within a mile instantly. It seems as though his teleprtation is much faster than Boy Blue's. On top of that, Kurt has some insane agility. In his encounters with Spiderman, he was keeping up & has done cartwheels through bullet fire. Kurt also has above human strength, easily lifting 400lbs with his tail alone, & is also a highly formidable swordsman. He also appears as a shadow in normal daylight and has some degree of super-sight.

Rapid teleportation can cause incap for those he brings along with him, he's skilled enough to beat someone who made a fool out of Wolverine (Azazel), durable enough to take a blow that could kill "a dozen men", on par with Captain Britain in terms of H2H, & skilled enough to use three swords at once.

X-23

No Caption Provided

As a clone of Wolverine, X-23 possesses the physical capabilities of Wolverine & then some.

Powers/Abilities: Laura is enhanced to the point of Wolverine in almost every category. She has been hinted to be possibly faster & stronger due to only her claws being Adamantium. She also has a better healing factor than Logan due to the same reasons. She's also very bright, to the point of outsmarting & defeating Lady Deathstrike. She's also outperformed Wolverine by over 3 minutes, 20 seconds, & has the supersenses detect your person even when they're camouflaged. She's skilled enough to have kept up with Wolverine even when he wasn't holding back. She also has thought of 200 ways to kill someone in a second.

To Summarize

• My character has faster teleportation
  • My character is stronger & faster
  • My character can detect your character
  • My character is more agile
  • My character's claws can clash with your character's sword
  • My character is more skilled
  • My character can dodge & tank most of your attacks
  • My character thinks just as fast
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*picks up the bible comics* Jesus and lady death

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*picks up the bible comics* Jesus and lady death

I should have totally used Bible Man and/or Punk Rock Jesus. Both are things.

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skit

@frisky4 said:

@skit: Sorry it took me a while, but here it is.

I wasn't exactly on time with my comment about getting to this further yesterday, so no worries.

• My character has faster teleportation

Okay

• My character is stronger & faster

Faster is debatable, since while boy blue wasn't exactly a speedster, Motoko is quite fast. A weaker/younger version of her could blitz other military grade cyborgs quite easily.

This isn't limited to purely close combat either as she can climb a building by jumping back and forth across a street.

No Caption Provided

Strength, not so debatable. skip to 2:25

Loading Video...
  • My character can detect your character

Only through scent though, as sight and sound

No Caption Provided

are completely impossible. Even then though, somebody that's almost completely synthetic isn't going to be making much different of a scent from all the things in a warehouse. Throw in some shape shifting to mix things up too.

Mind you your character has no knowledge on mine, where as the opposite isn't true as Marvel and DC realistically should exist within fables as comic books albeit differently as Swamp Thing is called Stalk Thing(which I don't get why a vertigo series to do this, but I suppose it doesn't matter).

No Caption Provided
  • My character is more agile

I can agree with this, though the gap is pretty small(as seen with the gif from earlier). Even standard full body cyborgs can pretty easily dodge gun fire in mid air

She's shown to use it in combat too, watch 1:05 onward

Loading Video...
  • My character's claws can clash with your character's sword

Okay

• My character is more skilled

An argument could definitely be made since my character doesn't have too much in the way of feats in the same way as X-23, but consider the following. Boy Blue is at least hundreds of years old and spent 15 years fighting with and against some of the the best of fiction(and all the diversity that comes with at least 100s of worlds/fictions.

While it's more of a matter of gear(though he was still capable of harming him), he can pretty casually kill demi gods like the 3 knights of the day like this.

Motoko on the other has a brain that's literally programmable(ala the matrix, or well ala its self since thats where the idea came from, but I digress) with full access to all information that basically exists in the form of data. The fight from the video above is a pretty good example of her skill though their are plenty of other instances

No Caption Provided

Then there's skill with a gun, which I feel my character safely has yours beat. Any old full body cyborg has ridiculous aim

No Caption Provided

Hitting a pinhead at a large distance with a pistol is considered meh at best. Not to mention shes able to change the course of a bullet

No Caption Provided
  • My character can dodge & tank most of your attacks

Dodge maybe(not an easy feat against HV ammo), tank not so much. Your character's parents aren't exactly known for their durability, solid blunt force, but definitely not enough to easily take a hit from mine. My swords able to cut through any part of yours except it's arms. My guns can easily severely damage and kill your character. This is what normal the rounds do to a person

No Caption Provided

This is what the explosive rounds do to a cyborg.

No Caption Provided

Watch till the obvious part

Loading Video...

Oh and of course HV which can do this watch 0:45-1:32(also 4:45-5:45 to see her also breaking a cyborgs body for another little strength feat and some of the invisibility in action).

Loading Video...
  • My character thinks just as fast

They may thinks as fast, but that isn't the sole thing to keep in mind since the my character's brain isn't limited by the same thing as humans.

One final thing I feel I should add, is that you're characters have no way to damage mine out side of by stabbing. Which isn't exactly effective against a being that only needs a brain and a spine to function and another that is effectively immortal and its more of a matter of time then it is the severity. I mean, weaker have taken this

No Caption Provided

Goldilocks took a hatchet to the head, gotten smacked around by Snow, fell down a cliff, got hit by a semi and then spent a few weeks drowning and getting eaten by fish. She of course was perfectly fine later on and was healing at the same rate.

Jack whose about equal to Blue, can just pop bones back into place and act as nothing happened.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: @skit: Going up for votes, tag your pals

@iragexcudder: vote here

Avatar image for theultimatetitan
TheUltimateTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper:

@skit: gets my vote, he had a really cool character, and a good argument. He also supported his character very well, considering that I knew nothing about either of his parents previously.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jacthripper

Current Vote Count

@frisky4 -0

@skit -2

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit: I feel like Frisky4 had the better character, but Skit just supported his amalgam much better. I'll vote for Skit.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Frisky4

@frisky4: @skit: Going up for votes, tag your pals

@iragexcudder: vote here

Oh, lol, I didn't get the notification for this.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump for votes

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey I'm bump

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skit: gets my vote, They were pretty much equal but where skit character shown through gave him/her a strong advantage