• 123 results
YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By YoungJustice

By the logic that a character doesn't win because of not many feats, Black Bolt should get owned by Spidey....

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By jackofspades

@Killemall said:

@jackofspades said:

so you saying that anybody can beat supes if he is holding back,let me let you in on something supes is holding back most of his fights and he still whips most people

Pretty much anyone (as in heroes not Alfred or batman) can beat new 52 Superman if he doesnt fight back, thats obvious. He isnt as durable as his previous incarnation, as per strength insufficient feats as of yet (not including the preview from Superman 13).

Also she is not fighting a nobody, she is fighting the most powerful person in Marvel earth for a short period of time, whose power constantly increases@Killemall said:

This is news to me i thought they said alpha would become very powerful not that he was the most powerful now

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Killemall

@jackofspades: Well captain America certainly seem to think so.

No Caption Provided

and terminus has fought fantastic four and avengers together, while Alpha one shotted him :p that was like wow feat from him.

ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ShiZZmAhh

@zackattack529 said:

Even in New 52 Supergirl is stronger than Superman, therefore Supergirl Stomps.

No she is not.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jackofspades

@Killemall said:

@jackofspades: Well captain America certainly seem to think so.

No Caption Provided

and terminus has fought fantastic four and avengers together, while Alpha one shotted him :p that was like wow feat from him.

cap said he is one of our biggest gun not the biggest second the key word is feat not feats

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades said:

@Killemall said:

@jackofspades said:

holding back doesn't stop you from taking a punch and she clock him a couple of times and if i said she won i would just have said that

You are moving the goal post now :p

Either you are saying whether he holds back or not, hitting superman is a big feat because of what, his speed???

so you saying that anybody can beat supes if he is holding back,let me let you in on something supes is holding back most of his fights and he still whips most people

He wasn't trying to dodge her at all, and I have read the entire fight, he's trying to talk to her. At least two of the hits she throws are total sucker punches (ie punches she throws when he's not expecting it). If he'd been fighting like he normally does, it would have been a lot more even.

Shall we debate the Superman vs Supergirl or Supergirl vs Alpha, like we're supposed to.

I'm saying Supergirl wins, because we don't have/might never have enough feats to put Alpha in Kara's league.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman said:

@jackofspades said:

@Killemall said:

@jackofspades said:

holding back doesn't stop you from taking a punch and she clock him a couple of times and if i said she won i would just have said that

You are moving the goal post now :p

Either you are saying whether he holds back or not, hitting superman is a big feat because of what, his speed???

He wasn't trying to dodge her at all, and I have read the entire fight, he's trying to talk to her. At least two of the hits she throws are total sucker punches (ie punches she throws when he's not expecting it). If he'd been fighting like he normally does, it would have been a lot more even.

Shall we debate the Superman vs Supergirl or Supergirl vs Alpha, like we're supposed to.

I'm saying Supergirl wins, because we don't have/might never have enough feats to put Alpha in Kara's league.

well for one go back and you will see who side track this post and second so you saying that if a baby hit you when you was not looking that baby would knock you out right

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: Uh, what? Where did knocking out come into it?

And no, where does a baby vs me come into it?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By Killemall

@jackofspades said:

cap said he is one of our biggest gun not the biggest second the key word is feat not feats

He has been superpowered for 2 issues, how many feats were you expecting to see. Terminus one is a feat Supergirl cant match, also an alternate version of terminus fought entire JLA during JLAvengers if that counts.

well for one go back and you will see who side track this post and second so you saying that if a baby hit you when you was not looking that baby would knock you out right

You did man, you were the one who claimed she could beat Alpha because she beat Superman which is not what happened.

Also we are not talking about powerless versions. Its not like she KOed him. Aquaman has dropped Superman on the ground as well, did he KO him no, but hey thats not much different from what Supergirl did.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman said:

@jackofspades: Uh, what? Where did knocking out come into it?

And no, where does a baby vs me come into it?

well first off iam glad you ask you said that supes only got knock around because supergirl sucker punch him if she didn't have the power to hurt him in the first place he would never had even feel it,which make her in his league

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jackofspades

@Killemall said:

@jackofspades said:

He has been superpowered for 2 issues, how many feats were you expecting to see. Terminus one is a feat Supergirl cant match, also an alternate version of terminus fought entire JLA during JLAvengers if that counts.

You did man, you were the one who claimed she could beat Alpha because she beat Superman which is not what happened.

Also we are not talking about powerless versions. Its not like she KOed him. Aquaman has dropped Superman on the ground as well, did he KO him no, but hey thats not much different from what Supergirl did.

and still only one feat

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: But she didn't hurt him...She punched him a few times, and he just continued talking to her.

She punched him through the Great Wall of China. He went through three walls, and he was up instantly.

Shall I post the fight and break it down scan by scan for you? Cause I will if you want.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman said:

@jackofspades: But she didn't hurt him...She punched him a few times, and he just continued talking to her.

She punched him through the Great Wall of China. He went through three walls, and he was up instantly.

Shall I post the fight and break it down scan by scan for you? Cause I will if you want.

no let me

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: That is one scan, where she tosses him through the air into a tree after suckerpunching him. He looks fine to me...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@ShiZZmAhh said:

@zackattack529 said:

Even in New 52 Supergirl is stronger than Superman, therefore Supergirl Stomps.

No she is not.

And also what do you mean "even in the New 52", she wasn't stronger than Superman in the old 52 either.
jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman said:

@jackofspades: That is one scan, where she tosses him through the air into a tree after suckerpunching him. He looks fine to me...

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades:

Right lets get down to it...

• Scan 1: Superman approaches Supergirl, talking
  • Scan 2: Kara suckerpunches Kal
  • Scan 3: Stunned by Kara's strength (He's never met a Kryptonian before, much less fought one), she grabs his cape and throws him into a tree
  • Scan 4; While he's down, she punches him repeatedly in the face. You can see he's not bleeding, nor are any bones broken.
  • Scan 5: Although he could have punched Supergirl after regaining his feet, Superman throws her into the air. He could have ended the fight with one punch, but he doesn't want to.
  • Scan 6: she's up in the clouds, having developed flight.
  • Scan 7: she begins falling. Superman could win the fight by letting her land. Instead he catches her (again, he doesn't want to hurt her) and knowingly puts himself in line for another punch.
  • Scan 8: She punches him into the clouds surrounding them. He flies around behind her and tackles her.
  • Scan 9: She knows he's not going to be beaten by her, and she flies away. Note he's only holding his face cause she's pressing on his eyeball with her thumb. That sh!t hurts.
  • Scan 10: He displays his far superior speed. She slams into him. He could have punched her once and ended the fight (again), but still doesn't want to hurt her. He even offers to help.
  • Scan 11: She suckerpunches him again...He flies through the Great Wall of China four times.
  • Scan 12: Oh look, he's back up. and what's more, he's not hurt. He just says 'I'm not fighting anymore.' He's trying to say he's not her enemy.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@The_Roman said:

@jackofspades:

Right lets get down to it...

• Scan 1: Superman approaches Supergirl, talking
  • Scan 2: Kara suckerpunches Kal
  • Scan 3: Stunned by Kara's strength (He's never met a Kryptonian before, much less fought one), she grabs his cape and throws him into a tree
  • Scan 4; While he's down, she punches him repeatedly in the face. You can see he's not bleeding, nor are any bones broken.
  • Scan 5: Although he could have punched Supergirl after regaining his feet, Superman throws her into the air. He could have ended the fight with one punch, but he doesn't want to.
  • Scan 6: she's up in the clouds, having developed flight.
  • Scan 7: she begins falling. Superman could win the fight by letting her land. Instead he catches her (again, he doesn't want to hurt her) and knowingly puts himself in line for another punch.
  • Scan 8: She punches him into the clouds surrounding them. He flies around behind her and tackles her.
  • Scan 9: She knows he's not going to be beaten by her, and she flies away. Note he's only holding his face cause she's pressing on his eyeball with her thumb. That sh!t hurts.
  • Scan 10: He displays his far superior speed. She slams into him. He could have punched her once and ended the fight (again), but still doesn't want to hurt her. He even offers to help.
  • Scan 11: She suckerpunches him again...He flies through the Great Wall of China four times.
  • Scan 12: Oh look, he's back up. and what's more, he's not hurt. He just says 'I'm not fighting anymore.' He's trying to say he's not her enemy.
You didn't have to break it down like this. You could have simply said Superman isn't really fighting back LOL.
jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman: you see what you see i see the truth lets leave it to that

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By The_Roman

@Vance Astro: I did say that. Three times. This became necessary.

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: The truth being he's not fighting back and he's not hurt?

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By jackofspades

@Vance Astro: if you really think that supergirl is not a match something is wrong with you

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jackofspades said:

@Vance Astro: if you really think that supergirl is not a match something is wrong with you

Not a match for who? Superman? She's a "match" for him but she's certainly not stronger than him. She isn't now and she wasn't before the New 52 either. They aren't that close either. If you match them on feats, she needs to reach Wonder Woman before she can even be considered Clark's equal or better.
jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman: iam not going to change your mind and you are not going to change mine because if i hit a guy and they hold there chin and say ouch that my friend is them getting hurt,let batman had did that and people would had said ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By jackofspades

@Vance Astro said:

@jackofspades said:

Not a match for who? Superman? She's a "match" for him but she's certainly not stronger than him. She isn't now and she wasn't before the New 52 either.

never said that she would win go back and read my post i said if she could hurt supes alpha would be no problem

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: He didn't say ow...Superman flicked Flash. Flash slammed into a hot dog cart and he said "He actually hit me. Ow." Would you consider that Flash getting hurt?

Cause I can find the scan.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jackofspades said:

never said that she would win go back and read my post i said if she could hurt supes alpha would be no problem

I never said you did either. All I'm saying is, Superman is Supergirl's obvious superior and he's obviously not fighting back in the issue referenced above. I agree that she should be able to hurt Alpha but I never made any argument against that. I acknowledge she is capable of hurting Superman if she gets a hit off but we know if he took the training wheels off he'd beat her to death.
jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman said:

@jackofspades: He didn't say ow...Superman flicked Flash. Flash slammed into a hot dog cart and he said "He actually hit me. Ow." Would you consider that Flash getting hurt?

Cause I can find the scan.

once again said ouch and hold his chin

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: Physically, Superman could dominate Supergirl. He wasn't fighting back. If he'd been fighting back to the best of his ability and expecting the first punch, she wouldn't have even tagged him.

SHE ran away from HIM, just remember that. Or tried to at least.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@ChaosMarvel said:

Apart from soloing a guy that its taken a whole team of Avengers and X-men to beat before........

To be honest depending on the roster, those teams together couldn't beat Supergirl either. She could one-shot more than half of them.
jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jackofspades

@Vance Astro said:

@jackofspades said:

I never said you did either. All I'm saying is, Superman is Supergirl's obvious superior and he's obviously not fighting back in the issue referenced above. I agree that she should be able to hurt Alpha but I never made any argument against that. I acknowledge she is capable of hurting Superman if she gets a hit off but we know if he took the training wheels off he'd beat her to death.

then why are jumping on the roman band wagon because he said alpha would win

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman said:

@jackofspades: Physically, Superman could dominate Supergirl. He wasn't fighting back. If he'd been fighting back to the best of his ability and expecting the first punch, she wouldn't have even tagged him.

SHE ran away from HIM, just remember that. Or tried to at least.

you remember that i don't care when she hit him she still hurt him and don't get smart just because you are losing this debate

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: Not at all. You said she beat him up. This is not true.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jackofspades said:

Where did I jump on a bandwagon?
jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By jackofspades

@Vance Astro said:

@jackofspades said:

Where did I jump on a bandwagon?

didnt you say this. You didn't have to break it down like this. You could have simply said Superman isn't really fighting back LOL.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman said:

@jackofspades: Not at all. You said she beat him up. This is not true.

if you just stand there and let someone beat on you you still got beat up

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: He did say that. Because that's all that really needed to be said.

You weren't listening to that, so I did a breakdown.

@Vance Astro: Dude, I'm sorry if I sounded a little snarky when I replied to you before.

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: He didn't though. He wasn't injured at all, half her shots were suckpunches and he was trying to stop her getting hurt.

And by the way, if you go back, I actually said Supergirl would win.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jackofspades said:

didnt you say this. You didn't have to break it down like this. You could have simply said Superman isn't really fighting back LOL.

Yes, but that's not jumping on the bandwagon. We can all see Superman wasn't really fighting back. I'm not jumping on a bandwagon because I pointed that out. 

@The_Roman said:

@Vance Astro: Dude, I'm sorry if I sounded a little snarky when I replied to you before.

It's all good.
jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman said:

@jackofspades: He did say that. Because that's all that really needed to be said.

You weren't listening to that, so I did a breakdown.

yes i have go back,and vance its cool

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: You clearly were not listening to 'He wasn't fighting back'.

Your replies were consistently 'Supergirl beat him up', 'He let her beat him up', 'She hit him loads of times', 'She tagged him loads of times', 'He was hurt bad'.

Not your exact replies, but those were the general gist of them

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman said:

@jackofspades: He didn't though. He wasn't injured at all, half her shots were suckpunches and he was trying to stop her getting hurt.

And by the way, if you go back, I actually said Supergirl would win.

then why all of this then that was my point to be-again with

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: Because I felt that a point you made was wrong. That is the point of debating.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman said:

@jackofspades: You clearly were not listening to 'He wasn't fighting back'.

Your replies were consistently 'Supergirl beat him up', 'He let her beat him up', 'She hit him loads of times', 'She tagged him loads of times', 'He was hurt bad'.

Not your exact replies, but those were the general gist of them

he did say iam not going to fight you any more

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman: but iam not wrong

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: Yeah I know. He said it to prove he wasn't her enemy.

@jackofspades said:

@The_Roman: but iam not wrong

That's your opinion. I disagree.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman: and thats where we need to leave it

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: Hm...Thought the idea was to debate, state our opinions, back it up with evidence, and try and convince each other, but if you don't wanna, that's good.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jackofspades

@The_Roman said:

@jackofspades: Hm...Thought the idea was to debate, state our opinions, back it up with evidence, and try and convince each other, but if you don't wanna, that's good.

thats the problem we are not going to convince each other

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By The_Roman

@jackofspades: I'm open to being convinced.

That one fight won't be enough though. What other Supergirl feats you got?

Also, we should probably take this discussion to PM so we don't derail the thread further.