Alpha Series Big Daddy vs Elder Predator

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gumflabica

Alpha Series Big Daddy vs Elder Predator. No prep, no morals, standard gear.

Standard Gear for Big Daddy is (keeping in mind this is all faux-futuristic Dieselpunk gear) Shotgun, Machine Gun, Grenade Launcher, Proximity Mines, Telekinesis strong enough to pick up and through objects up to around the size of a child, bursts of flames, ice, and/or electricity either involuntarily through his body or through his hands at will. The last 4 use up EVE which must be injected regularly if he wants to keep control of those powers.

Round 1. Takes place in Rapture

Round 2. Takes Place in the jungles of Yautja Prime

Who wins?

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round one Big daddy

Round two Predator

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aressword: Homefield advantage is a big deal here, yeah

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica:

round 1 BD takes majority due to the cramped cordors forcing a direct confrontation

round 2 preadator takes majority via hit and run and ambushes

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: And let's not forget that a Big Daddy can handle the pressure should the battlefield be flooded

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Big Daddy gets ambushed and taken out both rounds.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

R1 - Big Daddy floods the arena & has a suit that can withstand the pressure while the Predator gets crushed.

R2 - Predator wins via hit & run tactics, but sustains some damage due to BD's Plasmids.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: I'm not sure how wet the jungles are, but electric plasmids could help with finding Predator. Fire could burn out the battlefield, and the smoke could help locate the Predator. So could ice, from the crunching noise that would be produced when stepped on.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: I'm not sure how wet the jungles are, but electric plasmids could help with finding Predator. Fire could burn out the battlefield, and the smoke could help locate the Predator. So could ice, from the crunching noise that would be produced when stepped on.

Mmmhm, plus I'm fairly sure in Bioshock 2 you were able to create traps via Plasmids that would be triggered if the target was in the radius of it.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gumflabica

@thetruebarryallen: True

Telekinesis could be useful too, but I'm not too sure. It seems pretty weak. I think it'd be best for deflecting projectiles.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: True

Telekinesis could be useful too, but I'm not too sure. It seems pretty weak. I think it'd be best for deflecting projectiles.

I thought he could lift average sized humans with it once it was fully upgraded in-game?

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: I'm not sure. It's been a while since I played it. I'll check.

Same here - If i'm remembering correctly the fully upgraded telekinesis allowed you to lift & throw live enemies; however, the Brute Splicers were too large to be lifted.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gumflabica

@thetruebarryallen: You are correct. With Telekinesis 3 live eies can be picked up and thrown with the exceptions of Brute Splicers, Big Daddies, and Turrets.

So there's that, too. But let's not forget that Alpha Series are all insane and constantly enraged. They show more tactical strategy than other Big Daddies, but not much.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Archanfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elder Predator takes both rounds.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archanfel: Reasons?

Keep in mind the Alpha Series has access to Plasmids

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NotATreeABush

Big Daddy

Predator because Big Daddy trips over a stick, falls on his little sister killing her instantly, then kills himself

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notatreeabush: .......that must be a really Big stick. And a really over-emotional Big Daddy, considering all Alpha Series' little sisters are long gone. And what's a little sister doing in Yautja Prime anyway?

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gumflabica

Bump?

Dark-Nihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Daddy.

Predator.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elder Predator Both rounds

Man this is an Elder bro an Elder

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Elder Predator both rounds.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: @detrolord:

Reasons? Elder Predators aren't equipped beyond the elites we see in the movies and games and comics. They're simply more skilled.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reasons? Elder Predators aren't equipped beyond the elites we see in the movies and games and comics. They're simply more skilled.

Maybe your talking about Unbloodied Predator which is a Young pred who is common in the movies and comics

Elite predator also been shown in one movie and in the comics but as not much

While in the novels Elders are are said to be skilled to destroy an entire nest of predeliens with just custom melee weapon/barehanded.

This guys are veteran hunters man.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detrolord: I'm very aware. I've done my research on them and I'm familiar with their abilities. I thought most of our Yautja Protags/Antags were Elites. I guess I was mistaken.

But we usually see them equipped with a full arsenal, correct? Would a full arsenal not be a complete arsenal? Elder Predators are more skilled. Very skilled.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RealityWarper

That's what makes the difference :

They are like those Quake 3 progamers who rocket jump, change the weapon in flight and railgun / headshot.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gumflabica

@realitywarper: I wasn't implying that simply more skilled was any wore than better gear. I would rather be hunted by an idiot with military hardware than a professional with a stick.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: I wasn't implying that simply more skilled was any wore than better gear. I would rather be hunted by an idiot with military hardware than a professional with a stick.

Probably but the Predator has his standard gear here.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: which is a full arsenal, correct? You know, the wrist blades, he combi-stick, plasma caster, smart disk, their little bomb gauntlet, the bio-mask, etc.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: which is a full arsenal, correct? You know, the wrist blades, he combi-stick, plasma caster, smart disk, their little bomb gauntlet, the bio-mask, etc.

Exact.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: okay, cool.

So what's your opinion on the fight between the hunter and the protector?

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: okay, cool.

So what's your opinion on the fight between the hunter and the protector?

Even I would give an edge for the durability and the versatility to the protector, the Elder has some stealth and can fool him easily with his cloacking device, charged plasmacaster and other tricky weapons.

I vote the Elder 7/10 on that match.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: I personally see the Big Daddy taking a 5.5/10 due to plasmids. I feel his combined elemental powers as well as telekinesis should be more than enough to compensate for Predator's plasma caster.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump?

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Drew_Tan

BD both rounds if he uses his plasmids wisely. But its easier for the predator, especially an elder one whos more experienced to just cloak and nuke him down.

Round 1- BD with 58% edge

Round 2- Elder predator with 72% edge

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: I personally see the Big Daddy taking a 5.5/10 due to plasmids. I feel his combined elemental powers as well as telekinesis should be more than enough to compensate for Predator's plasma caster.

yep why not :)

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Frisky4

Big Daddy

Predator because Big Daddy trips over a stick, falls on his little sister killing her instantly, then kills himself

Avatar image for fitnesstribesman13
FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica:

Predator takes both rounds especially the fact you said it is an Elder ranking Yautja.

Yautja are physically superior to big daddy in pretty much every way.

Elders have been known to kill Xenomorph Queens, Matriarchs, and Empresses with bare hands or wrist blades and make it out without much damage.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13: Xenos hate fire. Don't wait, Incinerate!

I'm fairly sure a Big Daddy is physically stronger and slightly more durable than a predator, and Drill > Wrist Blades IMO. Plasmids are far more versatile and some more powerful than a plasma caster.

The only thing the Pred has on the Bid Daddy in a significant way is intelligence. Even home field advantage will fall flat on the Pred when Plasmids are involved.

Avatar image for fitnesstribesman13
FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: First here:

My top 5 Yautja strength feats

1. A. Yautja overwhelming the large multi-ton (16-20 tons) locking mechanism of futuristic maximum security gates at 1:45 and 4:25:

Loading Video...

2. Somewhat with ease tearing off combat android's head [0:05]:

Loading Video...
3. Tore off the limb of a soldier wearing reverse-engineered armor from stolen Yautja technology and equipment AFTER being injected with bio-specific toxin:
3. Tore off the limb of a soldier wearing reverse-engineered armor from stolen Yautja technology and equipment AFTER being injected with bio-specific toxin:

4.Yautja strong enough to punch a moving military truck, causing it to roll off-road. The truck was carrying five people and military supplies. The metal of the military truck also got a punch-dent from the strike:

“They had careened through yet another curve in the road when Nikolai saw Marikova's eyes widen and she shouted at him, at them "There's something out there! Stop now!" Rath glanced back at her with an expression that Nikolai interpreted as pity or disgust--and gunned the engine. Something shimmering and heavy hit Nikolai's side of the truck with a force that cracked metal, and in that split second before the truck overturned and they all went spilling out onto the ground, onto the road, Nikolai felt something right beside his head, something that made a growling-clicking sound that made him scream, and behind it the sensation of great weight and the smell like rotting meat so that he steeled himself for a blow, but no blow came, just the delicate scrape of a clawed hand across his face, receding as the changed momentum of the truck and his own inertia carried him away from the creature."

5. Breaking out of futuristic study medical restraints:

My top 5 Yaujta reflex and agility feats

1. Yautja dodges, while standing on a ledge, a full magazine of bullets (30) at very close range from a military assault rifle being aimed by a trained soldier. Even the soldier stated it:
1. Yautja dodges, while standing on a ledge, a full magazine of bullets (30) at very close range from a military assault rifle being aimed by a trained soldier. Even the soldier stated it:

2. Dodging bullets easily:

"The spear was snatched from his back by a shadowy, indistinct figure and the second man let loose with his AK-100, spraying bullets at the barely glimpsed spear-wielding killer. The thing moved so fast it almost seemed to be dodging the bullets as it turned and ran back down the canyon. The Russian charged after it, bellowing. . . . The creature holding the spear seemed to side-step the bullets easily. Then it jabbed the spear forward, and Gunin no longer worried about spikes or bullets, or anything else as the thing cut his heart out with a single quick gesture. After that, the alien disappeared, blurring into invisibility

3. Insane reflexes capable of dodging a Sniper bullet

"The predator came out of the spaceship again, in full armour. Gustat had a clear shot, and the ArmaLite AR-50 wasn't a joke. He would probably make a dent in the Predator's armour, maybe even several dents. Possibly kill him, although the creatures’ reflexes were so freakishly fast that Gustat doubted it, not without a chance at a headshot sans helmet." - South China Sea

4. Blood lusted Yautja evades from point blank gunfire:
4. Blood lusted Yautja evades from point blank gunfire:

5. Yautja with ease slightly outmaneuvered a speeding sports car (the car has no rear doors) (120-135 mph):

My top 5 Yautja durabity feats

1. Scarface somehow tanking own self-destruct device that destroys a city in Predator: Concrete Jungle [Watch from 10:25 to 12:16]:

Loading Video...

2. Surviving a dropship crash and explosion into a canyon wall at speeds fast enough to kill everybody onboard w/ explanations [watch from 2:54 to 3:19]:

Loading Video...

The damage dropship crash has done [pause at 0:13 and 0:14]:

Loading Video...

“Prince Predator (He's not a Prince, but that's the name Rykov has given him) was an Honored ranking Predator... He was young, yet he was a pretty high ranking warrior and he has shown some insane feats. Namely one durability feat and this is in a cut scene in the events of AVP2. Prince manages to escape from his capture and he lands feet first onto the rooftop, close to the nose, of a UDL4 Cheyenne Dropship and causes surprise to the pilots, resulting it in a crash into the wall of a Canyon-- Prince survives this very crash as he was still on top of the UDL4 Cheyenne Dropship as it crashes into the canyon wall...

Rykov actually notes that NOTHING should've survived that crash, and he admits his surprise to the Yautja surviving that in a journal entry and prays that the Xenomorphs kill Prince.. They ultimately end up getting killed by Prince. These suggest that Prince was still in a well-enough condition to kill a horde of Xenomorphs even after the crash and explosion.”

“You see the dropship damage done there. We also see some edges which looked like that it crashed through some titanium doors. I can confirm that in-game, if the Predator moves further ahead into the hall, we see some debris from the titanium doors and the dropship as well, suggesting that when the crash occurred, the docking doors were sealed shut.”

-Rakai'Thwei

3. Young blooded Yautja with little armor takes multiple hellfire missiles (3-4 missiles) with no injuries other than losing his mask and flesh wounds on wrists and right arm:

4. Tanking explosive sniper rounds and impalement through the chest. This includes a Venomous metal worm twice the size of an average Yautja stuck in its chest:

Coming from a different angle, the bullet entered the Predator's body. This third bullet lodged deep inside, coming to rest only after it had cut through several vital organs.. . . "The demon isn't dead yet," said Sukhon."The 'demon' will be dead if it doesn't get some expert medical attention. I put a bullet with an exploding tip right through its back. No exit wound.". . . Still, the Predator's condition did not yet warrant self-destruct. He had been hurt worse and emerged victorious. Once on a planet half a galaxy away, a venomous metal worm twice his size had shot up through the earth and pinned him through the chest armour. The Predator had chopped its head off, cut off its tail, and gone on to fight for another four hours with the rest of the worm inside his chest, before withdrawing to repair the damage. The wheeze as its breathing grew worse indicated deep-tissue damage, but nothing irreversible. Medical care on board its ship would allow it to recover. - South China Sea

5. Yautja gets blasted with plasma blast from stolen shoulder cannon and get’s back up with no damage and kills the man:

My top 5 skill feats (normal Yaujta)

1. Yautja martial arts and combat skills (includes bashing people into walls, using his surrounding as weapons, and throwing people at people). Also, this Yautja (Scarface) wasn't even an Elite ranked yet nor is he the best fighter or hunter of his clan:

Loading Video...

1B. Yautja have a martial art called Jehdin, which is something as best loosely described from Steve Perry to be as a fusion of Penchak Silat, Aikido, Kyokushin Karate and Tae Kwon Do. They have also been said displaying skills to that of samurai. Native American skills, tactics and warfare may be involved evidently from the fact Yautja have been shown to ambush, guerilla warfare, stealth, and psychological warfare flawlessly.

Not to mention their hunting attire includes something like a breechcloth and several melee weapons included are spear-like, throwable, darts in gaunlets, traps (laser net, proximity mines, net) and daggers. Hell, they even came across the Mayans, Aztecs, Incans, and other pre-columbian civilizations and tribes according to AvP films. So it is very likely the have also seen how the pre-Columbian tribes and civilizations have fought.

2. Scarface throughout the whole campaign slaughtered mass amounts of xenomorphs, genetically and cybernetic enhanced soldiers and humans, mech droids, and 3 brainwashed, genetically and technologically modified yautjas. He also fought every horde of hostile creature with just a wrist blade and glaive on an arid death planet for his 100 years exile punishment.

3. Predator student against xenomorph horde:

Gkyaun howled the war cry and jumped. He landed amid the hissing drones and moved among them like the setg-in, deadly and quick. So easy! He spun and slashed, burned and cut at the same time. Two bugs fell with one slice of his spear. A drone from behind lost its head; he gutted yet another. He was Paya, the conquering warrior! Thwei ran at his feet, the Hard Meat shrank in terror-! More came at him, a relentless flow of fury and sound. He pivoted, hunted; his every movement was an arc of doom and pain. Noguchi gulped air and pushed herself backward, toward the top of the shield wall. The warrior was a dervish of wild energy and prowess-the nightmare creatures fell all around him.” - Prey

4. Two low ranked Yautjas fighting and dodging Xenomorph attacks and pressurized acid bursts:

The Queen continued in her bursts of screams, all but hidden by a mass of her minions, bugs jumping into the battle as more came out of the dark, running at the Hunters, the Hunters dancing and cutting like samurai-- both alien groups slowly, steadily gaining ground on the three humans.

Lara didn't think about it, couldn't, aiming and firing and aiming again, the bugs blasted into acid splash as the Hunters dodged and fought, and somehow managed not to die-- CLICK CLICK CLICK-- AND Lara heard Noguchi's weapon go dry, even over the screams and explosions, as chilling as terrible as the Queen's fury.”

-AvP: War

5. It shows a reflex and combat speed feat too were Scar killed the facehugger at close range as soon as it leaped in midair and he killed the xenomorph so fast, its head slid off slowly:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided