• 107 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by victorymaker (349 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this thread made on KMC, so I want to see what the Comic Vine community thinks.
 
I think Superman would win. I don't see any weakness Silver Surfer could exploit on Superman.
 
What do you all think?

#2 Posted by mrbobdobalina (1167 posts) - - Show Bio
@victorymaker said:
" I saw this thread made on KMC, so I want to see what the Comic Vine community thinks.  I think Superman would win. I don't see any weakness Silver Surfer could exploit on Superman.  What do you all think? "
You sir, are correct.
#3 Posted by Night Thrasher (3682 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't know enough about All Star Superman. I hear he's like ultrafanboygasm version of Superman. If that's the case then he'll probably take it.

#4 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

SS

#5 Posted by supermandefender (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

All stars powers are Tripled in strength...speed...durability....and he also has energy blast. He accidently broke atlas arm while arm wrestling and not even trying. He was actually arm wrestling Atlas and Samson. All stars is immune to kryptonite...or atleast he said it only tickled when he was blasted with a kryptonite gun. And who knows how much stronger his other defenses got. Alot of ppl ive seen catagorize all supes characters reguardless of there powerlevel into solar battery and instantly assume Surfer should drain it away. I think Supes improved defenses will help him for the win here. 
Normal supes is stronger than Surfer.....if you triple his strength and take away weaknesses Surfer is in trouble. IMO.

#6 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess if Surfer molecularly rapes him I guess thats all he can do.  Surfer's strength and such was also multiplied by some after Anhillation but Im not sure to what extent.
#7 Posted by Suggs44 (567 posts) - - Show Bio

All-Star Superman ftw here.

#8 Posted by Sasuke (397 posts) - - Show Bio

all star sups

#9 Posted by kareem (281 posts) - - Show Bio

is this the sun-saturated version or the younger one? One is a stomp, the other is...not quite a stomp.

#10 Posted by fallenangel5991 (653 posts) - - Show Bio

All Star Superman would destroy Silver Surfer with ridiculous ease. Not only is All Star well over three times stronger faster and better in every way than Superman and he also does not have the stupid weaknesses that Superman has. 

#11 Posted by comicfanforever (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

All Star Superman wins here.
#12 Posted by whacknasty (5608 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone ever seen Surfer amp his strength and speed up significantly during or before a battle?  I know he is supposed to be able to with the power cosmic (with no limit I think), so I think if he could so before Supes ends the fight, then we will actually have a fight. Not just a punch and nap time for Surfer...

#13 Posted by Danilo018 (849 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, guys. You're seriously underestimating Surfer here. AS Supes doesn't stand a chance against Surfer. I will tell you one reason for that. Surfer can travel 500 000 lightyears in seconds or in second(with out going into hyperspace). So basicly he will speed-blitz AS Supes. Not to mention that during the speed-blitz he can bfr him in future or in past. Face it Silver Surfer has too many powers into his disposal compared to AS Supes, and current Supes.
#14 Posted by King Saturn (224040 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danilo018 said:
" Guys, guys. You're seriously underestimating Surfer here. AS Supes doesn't stand a chance against Surfer. I will tell you one reason for that. Surfer can travel 500 000 lightyears in seconds or in second(with out going into hyperspace). So basicly he will speed-blitz AS Supes. Not to mention that during the speed-blitz he can bfr him in future or in past. Face it Silver Surfer has too many powers into his disposal compared to AS Supes, and current Supes. "
thats traveling speed... not fighting speed... if All Star Superman gets inside on the Silver Surfer... which he could... then this fight could be over via KO... 
#15 Posted by Danilo018 (849 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Danilo018 said:
" Guys, guys. You're seriously underestimating Surfer here. AS Supes doesn't stand a chance against Surfer. I will tell you one reason for that. Surfer can travel 500 000 lightyears in seconds or in second(with out going into hyperspace). So basicly he will speed-blitz AS Supes. Not to mention that during the speed-blitz he can bfr him in future or in past. Face it Silver Surfer has too many powers into his disposal compared to AS Supes, and current Supes. "
thats traveling speed... not fighting speed... if All Star Superman gets inside on the Silver Surfer... which he could... then this fight could be over via KO...  "

Precicsly traveling speed is what is needed for speed-blitz. And besided Silver Surfer has a reaction time that is far less than nano-second. Current Sipes has displayed the reaction time in nanosecond. AS Supes supposes to be tree times quicker. Again Silver Surfer is faster than AS Supes. Also I don't see how can AS get in Surfer's body and I don't remember that he dispalued such ability ever.
#16 Posted by whacknasty (5608 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danilo018: I think "inside on the Surfer" means inside the length of his arms...like how a boxer can keep his foe at an arms distance with jabs, but if his opponent can "get inside" of those jabs, then the body is open for attack.... 
 
Thats how i took it anyway... : )
#17 Posted by King Saturn (224040 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danilo018 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Danilo018 said:
" Guys, guys. You're seriously underestimating Surfer here. AS Supes doesn't stand a chance against Surfer. I will tell you one reason for that. Surfer can travel 500 000 lightyears in seconds or in second(with out going into hyperspace). So basicly he will speed-blitz AS Supes. Not to mention that during the speed-blitz he can bfr him in future or in past. Face it Silver Surfer has too many powers into his disposal compared to AS Supes, and current Supes. "
thats traveling speed... not fighting speed... if All Star Superman gets inside on the Silver Surfer... which he could... then this fight could be over via KO...  "
Precicsly traveling speed is what is needed for speed-blitz. And besided Silver Surfer has a reaction time that is far less than nano-second. Current Sipes has displayed the reaction time in nanosecond. AS Supes supposes to be tree times quicker. Again Silver Surfer is faster than AS Supes. Also I don't see how can AS get in Surfer's body and I don't remember that he dispalued such ability ever. "
No Traveling Speed is what you use to travel across the Universe in mere seconds... Battle Speed / Reaction Time is needed for Speedblitzing... cause the distance is shorter... and how do we know the Surfer is faster than All Star Superman ? thats moreso an assumption... and I am not talking about All Star Superman going inside of Silver Surfer's body... I am talking about All Star Superman getting within the Surfer's arm reach and attacking him physically with raw force... the Surfer doesnt use all of his powers to the fullest of his ability In Character... 
#18 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

superman isnt all that durable

#19 Posted by King Saturn (224040 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus" said:
" superman isnt all that durable "
fan art
#20 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, you people are hopeless. 
 
All-Star Superman, even with his over-saturation on yellow sun radiation, is weaker than post-Crisis Superman. He's still vulnerable to red sun radiation too. Surfer takes this. 

#21 Posted by King Saturn (224040 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" Wow, you people are hopeless.  All-Star Superman, even with his over-saturation on yellow sun radiation, is weaker than post-Crisis Superman. He's still vulnerable to red sun radiation too. Surfer takes this.  "
how is All Star Superman weaker than Post Crisis Superman... 
#22 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3991 posts) - - Show Bio

ASS loses. 
 
 
@"Colossus"
said:

" superman isnt all that durable "
That's ghey.
#23 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Wow, you people are hopeless.  All-Star Superman, even with his over-saturation on yellow sun radiation, is weaker than post-Crisis Superman. He's still vulnerable to red sun radiation too. Surfer takes this.  "
how is All Star Superman weaker than Post Crisis Superman...  "
Post-Crisis Superman can move one-third of the Earth. All-Star Superman can barely lift 1/100 of the Earth. 
#24 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Wow, you people are hopeless.  All-Star Superman, even with his over-saturation on yellow sun radiation, is weaker than post-Crisis Superman. He's still vulnerable to red sun radiation too. Surfer takes this.  "
how is All Star Superman weaker than Post Crisis Superman...  "
Post-Crisis Superman can move one-third of the Earth. All-Star Superman can barely lift 1/100 of the Earth.  "
All-Star Superman's upper-limits in strength were never finalized, although I do agree with you that he's vastly overrated.
#25 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" Wow, you people are hopeless.  All-Star Superman, even with his over-saturation on yellow sun radiation, is weaker than post-Crisis Superman. He's still vulnerable to red sun radiation too. Surfer takes this.  "
You know people will jump you for telling the truth, right?
Moderator
#26 Posted by rightprice (331 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Wow, you people are hopeless.  All-Star Superman, even with his over-saturation on yellow sun radiation, is weaker than post-Crisis Superman. He's still vulnerable to red sun radiation too. Surfer takes this.  "
how is All Star Superman weaker than Post Crisis Superman...  "
Post-Crisis Superman can move one-third of the Earth. All-Star Superman can barely lift 1/100 of the Earth.  "
What are you basing this on?  The 400 quintillion tons he was pressing against in the 1st AS issue?  There is a difference between lifting a weight and pressing against it.  I've seen the scans of Superman helping to move the Earth, if that's what you are basing your assessment of his strength on, and he was pulling the Earth, not lifting it.  
#27 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@rightprice said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Wow, you people are hopeless.  All-Star Superman, even with his over-saturation on yellow sun radiation, is weaker than post-Crisis Superman. He's still vulnerable to red sun radiation too. Surfer takes this.  "
how is All Star Superman weaker than Post Crisis Superman...  "
Post-Crisis Superman can move one-third of the Earth. All-Star Superman can barely lift 1/100 of the Earth.  "
What are you basing this on?  The 400 quintillion tons he was pressing against in the 1st AS issue?  There is a difference between lifting a weight and pressing against it.  I've seen the scans of Superman helping to move the Earth, if that's what you are basing your assessment of his strength on, and he was pulling the Earth, not lifting it.   "
He was bracing his arm against the machine which was generating 200 quintillion tons, if it helps you sleep at night. It wasn't his upper strength limit. And excuse me, he was pushing against roughly 1/33 of the Earth's mass. However, these aren't feats that put him anywhere above current Superman. 
#28 Posted by gobstakid777 (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer via transmutation into jello or disintegration, or entrapping him in kryptonite, or red sun radiation or whatever his weakness is

#29 Posted by King Saturn (224040 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Wow, you people are hopeless.  All-Star Superman, even with his over-saturation on yellow sun radiation, is weaker than post-Crisis Superman. He's still vulneuldrable to red sun radiation too. Surfer takes this.  "
how is All Star Superman weaker than Post Crisis Superman...  "
Post-Crisis Superman can move one-third of the Earth. All-Star Superman can barely lift 1/100 of the Earth.  "
two things... 
1. All Star Superman was pressing against 200 quintillion tons... there is no way in hell 200 quintillion tons is only 1/100th of the Earth's Mass... also I dont recall All Star Superman struggling with the Weight at all... so technically his strength level is somewhat undetermined...  
 
2. how do we really know Superman was pulling 1/3 rd of the mass of the Earth in that scan ? could it have been someone was possibly pulling more weight than others here ( I cite that because I see MM is using 4 arms instead of two like Superman and Wonder Woman in the Scan... technically his usage of 4 arms could lead him to draw on more leverage and strength perhaps for this feat )... 

 

#30 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: Read my other post.
#31 Posted by King Saturn (224040 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @King Saturn: Read my other post. "
already read it... I still dont see how that automatically proves that All Star Superman is weaker than Post Crisis Superman... 
#32 Posted by MrDirector786 (43533 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Wow, you people are hopeless.  All-Star Superman, even with his over-saturation on yellow sun radiation, is weaker than post-Crisis Superman. He's still vulnerable to red sun radiation too. Surfer takes this.  "
You know people will jump you for telling the truth, right? "
I'm one of those people. I'm going to find where he lives and jump him for saying the truth. :P
#33 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @King Saturn: Read my other post. "
already read it... I still dont see how that automatically proves that All Star Superman is weaker than Post Crisis Superman...  "
It doesn't. But the fact is All-Star Superman does not have a single feat that puts him above Earth Prime Superman in any category. 
#34 Posted by King Saturn (224040 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @King Saturn: Read my other post. "
already read it... I still dont see how that automatically proves that All Star Superman is weaker than Post Crisis Superman...  "
It doesn't. But the fact is All-Star Superman does not have a single feat that puts him above Earth Prime Superman in any category.  "
heh... well if I can get you to just believe that All Star Superman is on par with Earth Prime Superman aka Superman Prime... that would be fine with me... :P
#35 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Wow, you people are hopeless.  All-Star Superman, even with his over-saturation on yellow sun radiation, is weaker than post-Crisis Superman. He's still vulnerable to red sun radiation too. Surfer takes this.  "
You know people will jump you for telling the truth, right? "
I'm one of those people. I'm going to find where he lives and jump him for saying the truth. :P "
The truth is out there, and all that jazz. :P
Moderator
#36 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

they get into an arm wrestle and all star superman snaps his arm
#37 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: Sorry, I meant New Earth Superman. 
#38 Posted by King Saturn (224040 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @King Saturn: Sorry, I meant New Earth Superman.  "
oh poo... lol 
#39 Posted by comicfanforever (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

AS Superman VS Atlas and Sansom  (two beings of mystic origin).    
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AS Superman VS Doomsday (Mr olsen).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Current Superman vs Hercules (1 beings of mystic origin).    

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kingdom Come Superman VS Hercules: 
 

 

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#40 Edited by SilverGalford (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

All Star Superman wins here.    

#41 Posted by supermandefender (2038 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral:  NO! All Stars is Supes tripled....kryptonite was completely unaffective. Who knows what other defenses his body amped up. Your assuming All Stars supes to have the same weaknesses without amping up  is defenses in all areas....which you must assume it does because his powers are tripled....and sense he can evolve past the kryptonite weakness then he can evolve past other weaknesses as well. 
 
Supes new force field should be strong enough to keep any attacks Surfer throws at him at bay. I also wanna add...Surfer doesnt travel 500 000 times faster than light without going to hyperspace.....he is entering hyperspace the moment he far exceeds light speed. This was stated in a Silver Surfer comic. For all purposes Superman and Surfer move around the speed of light in battle speed. Flash is faster than both of them.  
 
Next issue....All stars Supes also developed new powers plus was shown to be immune to transforming into a bizarro version of himself....and it made a copy verison of him instead. So he should resistance to transmutation. All Star supes only needs 1 punch to put this fight to a end....because Superman normally is stronger than Surfer....All Stars is 3 times as strong. By default All stars should win more times than not.
#42 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicfanforever: ...so what? Atlas and Samson was never shown to display the same strength as their New Earth counterparts. All-Star Superman Doomsday isn't the same as continuity Doomsday. 
#43 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@supermandefender said:

" @CosmicSpiral:  NO! All Stars is Supes tripled....kryptonite was completely unaffective. Who knows what other defenses his body amped up. Your assuming All Stars supes to have the same weaknesses without amping up  is defenses in all areas....which you must assume it does because his powers are tripled....and sense he can evolve past the kryptonite weakness then he can evolve past other weaknesses as well.

After he was exposed to the sun All-Star Superman became more than three times stronger than he currently was. Which is still weaker than New Earth Superman. 
 
I don't know where you got this bull about him "evolving" past his weakness to kryptonite. His cells were so saturated by yellow sun radiation that green kryptonite radiation couldn't replace them, which is how it works in continuity. He was still susceptible to black krypyonite. Even then he lost his powers under red sunlight when he was stuck on the cubeworld.  
 
@supermandefender said:

Supes new force field should be strong enough to keep any attacks Surfer throws at him at bay. I also wanna add...Surfer doesnt travel 500 000 times faster than light without going to hyperspace.....he is entering hyperspace the moment he far exceeds light speed. This was stated in a Silver Surfer comic. For all purposes Superman and Surfer move around the speed of light in battle speed. Flash is faster than both of them.

Wrong. He always had his bioelectric field. Without it he wouldn't be able to fly.   
 
Do not care.  
 
@supermandefender said:

Next issue....All stars Supes also developed new powers plus was shown to be immune to transforming into a bizarro version of himself....and it made a copy verison of him instead. So he should resistance to transmutation. All Star supes only needs 1 punch to put this fight to a end....because Superman normally is stronger than Surfer....All Stars is 3 times as strong. By default All stars should win more times than not. "

Who cares? Surfer won't try to turn him into a Bizarro clone, and that makes Superman resistant to one form of transmutation. 
#44 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio
@SilverGalford said:
"

All Star Superman wins here.    

"
#45 Posted by supermandefender (2038 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral:  If Supes doesnt evolve past his own weaknesses explain Kal-kent....Superman Prime 1 million.......I dont know where your getting your info about Kryptonite is not replacing his cells???? Superman himself said when he got shot by Kryptonite by Lois in All stars supes volume 1...(I have the trades) that lois shooting him was a interesting way for him to find out he is immune to green kryptonite radiation....he said it tickles. Explain Kal-kent having no weakness no red sunlight. 
All stars does have a weakness to red sunlight but he is immune to green kryptonite and the black kryptonite didnt have its normal affects on Superman. Normally Black takes away his powers forever. But instead it had more of a red K to a evil extent on him.....but also that Black K came from the underverse it wasnt normal kryptonite. 
 
All star supes is more powerful than New Earths! O_O; Thats ridiculous. Ignoring feats sunlight gives Superman strrength.....and this Superman tripled his strength....for all purposes you assume its normal Superman but in a different story. Just because new earth has done things like stop the mageddon doesnt mean the power givin to All stars cant do the samething and better. 
 
Surfer gets 1 shoted by a superman whos powers are tripled or more....end of discussion.
#46 Posted by Danilo018 (849 posts) - - Show Bio
@supermandefender said:

" @CosmicSpiral:  NO! All Stars is Supes tripled....kryptonite was completely unaffective. Who knows what other defenses his body amped up. Your assuming All Stars supes to have the same weaknesses without amping up  is defenses in all areas....which you must assume it does because his powers are tripled....and sense he can evolve past the kryptonite weakness then he can evolve past other weaknesses as well.   Supes new force field should be strong enough to keep any attacks Surfer throws at him at bay. I also wanna add...Surfer doesnt travel 500 000 times faster than light without going to hyperspace.....he is entering hyperspace the moment he far exceeds light speed. This was stated in a Silver Surfer comic. For all purposes Superman and Surfer move around the speed of light in battle speed. Flash is faster than both of them.    Next issue....All stars Supes also developed new powers plus was shown to be immune to transforming into a bizarro version of himself....and it made a copy verison of him instead. So he should resistance to transmutation. All Star supes only needs 1 punch to put this fight to a end....because Superman normally is stronger than Surfer....All Stars is 3 times as strong. By default All stars should win more times than not. "



that's wrong here is the scan  
 
     
 
And about Superman being physicly stronger than Surfer well you don't have proof for that. Surfer might not moved the planet like Supes did but he has defeated in physical battle guys that exceed Superman in strength. A pure example would be this guy.    
 
 
      This feat of strength outclasses any feat done by Post-Crisis Superman. 
 
And pre-Anihilation Surfer was fighting Drax(although he losed some battles to Drax also). And even pre-Anihilation Surfer had much better reaction time than post-crisis Supes  
 
 
    This scans shows that he has reaction time (thinking time) far less than nano-second (I'll explain to you if you don't understand why it is far less).  
And about All-Star Supes well he didn't displayed any feats that would put him on par with Post-Crisis. 200 quintilllion tons i roughly 1/30 of Earth's mass. And the number 1. misconcept is STATEMENT THAT HE BECOME 3 TIMES STRONGER. THAT SHOULD BE CONSIDER AS REFERING TO HIS PLANE OF EXISTENCE (IN COMICS) NOT TO POST - CRISIS (new earth) Supes. Since All- Star Supes and post-crisis Supes exists in 2 different realities.
#47 Posted by mrbobdobalina (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see any logical explanation of how Silver Surfer will beat All-Star Superman. He cannot exploit any weaknesses on him. All-Star Superman is not affected by Kryptonite.

#48 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

All Star Superman is stupidly overrated and over powered. I still think Surfer is more versatile. though we dont know of any weakness if there is one surfer will spot it out using cosmic awareness. not to mention he's telepathy which could screw All star (if im not mistaken), time travel, crunch energy manupilation, matter transmutation etc i still think surfer can handle All star is this is Post Annihilate.  I dont want to underestimate either one so i say stalemate. 

#49 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

All Star Superman
#50 Posted by JediXMan (30374 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrbobdobalina said:
" I don't see any logical explanation of how Silver Surfer will beat All-Star Superman. He cannot exploit any weaknesses on him. All-Star Superman is not affected by Kryptonite. "
Red sun radiation, which Surfer can duplicate.
Moderator