Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Hulkage

@juiceboks:

@hulkage: By manipulating the main timeline..which shouldn't be something necessarily out of Nekron's power considering he was well on his way to eradicating the very entity the Green spectrum spawned from.

How does this translate to Nekron being on par with ZH Parallax? And Hal was still rewriting it, easily might I add.

It is actually, just not a wide destruction feat as most people like to view them.

Not really. If you destroy all life on a planet does that then make you a planet buster or even "planet level" ?

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lanterns stomp due to Nekron and Parallax.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@hulkage: Ion is equal to Parallax who is less powerful than the White Light. Their very origins speak of their power relative to each other. Though in retrospect ZH Parallax might not be affected by the more recent origin for the White Light and Nekron..

It doesn't make them a planet buster but it sure as hell makes them planetary level in power. Nekron is a universal level life wiper..

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

Ion is equal to Parallax who is less powerful than the White Light. Their very origins speak of their power relative to each other. Though in retrospect ZH Parallax might not be affected by the more recent origin for the White Light and Nekron..

Yes, standard versions of them (like Kyle Rayner Parallax or Ion) are inferior to white light wielders. However there are no feats tthat put them on HG or ZH so I don't see why an exception should be made for Nekron because he's more powerful.

It doesn't make them a planet buster but it sure as hell makes them planetary level in power. Nekron is a universal level life wiper..

Universal level life wiper.... RKT is universal level plain and simple so he is superior

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin stomps. RKT stomps.

Mismatch. No one in the corps can match them, not the White Entity, not Nekron, not the Anti Monitor, not the various feat-less emotional entities or any number of fodder Lanterns. Short of pulling out the nigh-omnipotent AMPED emotional entities like Zero Hour or HOG - no one on team Lantern can match either skyfather.

Odin could end this with a tenth realm BFR:

No Caption Provided

And no one on team Lantern can do anything to stop it. We're talking about a character that can tear parts of the universe right out and seal it away in a fit of rage.

@dre_savage: Yeah even then, Nekron has done this to Spectre who is a universal threat... I belive Nekron took out DC Earth in Blackest Night. He could also basically just keep reviving the lanterns if they die.

This Nekron right?

No Caption Provided

The one that couldn't prevent his host body from being revived by a normal Green Lantern ring?

@hulkage: Necron also took out Volthoom at his strongest, still not ZH or HoG, but he's not exactly weak. Supposedly he can take anyone who has died, which should include thor IIRC.

Nekron depowered Volthoom - he didn't have to fight him. He then proceeded to lose a Green Lantern ring that revived his host body sending him back to his realm.

Thor allowed himself to die in Ragnarok; the only thing is he brought himself back to life using the power of the runes BEFORE he event had the Odinforce. Nekron stands ZERO chance of abusing his dominion over the damned / dead against someone who death is optional and can bring himself back from the dead.

If entities and Black/White are allowed then Lanterns.

Otherwise, Odin solos.

How would any of entities match Odin?

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

lanterns win,but a case could be made for the other team

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: So? They are a team now and Nekron would revive his allies and no one could attack him or prevent it. Green lanterns were meant to fight black lanterns, odin have never seen a BL in his whole life so he wont know its powers to begin with.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ayakbuyutucu: Kyle isn't that powerful. He was beaten by opponents who were rather pretty weak. I think it's more due to bad writting but still, without the Life Equation, he didn't do anything remotely impressive.

The Life Equation was split between all members of the White Lantern Corps so he doesn't have it anymore.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

corps

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheArchon

@hulkage: Nekron is above the Entities. The Black was the first to exist. Then the White appeared and they fought which created the Spectrum because the White light was split in all the other Spectrum.

The White Light is able to destroy a Black Lantern.

RKT isn't going to do anything to them. For God sake, Ganthet (who is Skyfather level) couldn't do anything to them either. The only way they were able to beat Nekron was to bring back Black Hand alive simply because he was the link of Nekron on Earth. He was powerful enough to use the Anti-Monitor as his Black Lantern battery.

Kavma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically they don't need to fight lanterns all they need is defeat the mind controllers then return to there universe

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearchon:

RKT isn't going to do anything to them. For God sake, Ganthet (who is Skyfather level) couldn't do anything to them either. The only way they were able to beat Nekron was to bring back Black Hand alive simply because he was the link of Nekron on Earth. He was powerful enough to use the Anti-Monitor as his Black Lantern battery.

RKT is above skyfather level so using skyfather level characters to gauge his performance doesn't work.

@isaac_clarke:

Thor allowed himself to die in Ragnarok; the only thing is he brought himself back to life using the power of the runes BEFORE he event had the Odinforce. Nekron stands ZERO chance of abusing his dominion over the damned / dead against someone who death is optional and can bring himself back from the dead.

Sorry I don't think I was clear. I meant before the Ragnorok story line Thor had never died. Donald Blake as Thor had but never Thor Odinson so I don't see why Nekron would be able to affect Thor in the first place if we are using Rune King Thor. RKT had not died before his run (he allowed himself to die to end the cycle) so I don't see why people were arguing that Nekron would have dominion over him.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage: Doesn't matter anyway, with the little Thor has done as RKT, he's not gonna do anything. Two things were shown to work against the Black Lanterns. 2 different lights from the Spectrum or hitting them with the light of Life.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage: Doesn't matter anyway, with the little Thor has done as RKT, he's not gonna do anything. Two things were shown to work against the Black Lanterns. 2 different lights from the Spectrum or hitting them with the light of Life.

And obviously nobody in Marvel possesses either. Does that mean Franklin Richards, Eternity, IG Thanos, etc can't beat them?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah lanterns should take it.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin stomps. RKT stomps.

Mismatch. No one in the corps can match them, not the White Entity, not Nekron, not the Anti Monitor, not the various feat-less emotional entities or any number of fodder Lanterns. Short of pulling out the nigh-omnipotent AMPED emotional entities like Zero Hour or HOG - no one on team Lantern can match either skyfather.

Odin could end this with a tenth realm BFR:

No Caption Provided

And no one on team Lantern can do anything to stop it. We're talking about a character that can tear parts of the universe right out and seal it away in a fit of rage.

@elderskaar said:

@dre_savage: Yeah even then, Nekron has done this to Spectre who is a universal threat... I belive Nekron took out DC Earth in Blackest Night. He could also basically just keep reviving the lanterns if they die.

This Nekron right?

No Caption Provided

The one that couldn't prevent his host body from being revived by a normal Green Lantern ring?

@dratini1331 said:

@hulkage: Necron also took out Volthoom at his strongest, still not ZH or HoG, but he's not exactly weak. Supposedly he can take anyone who has died, which should include thor IIRC.

Nekron depowered Volthoom - he didn't have to fight him. He then proceeded to lose a Green Lantern ring that revived his host body sending him back to his realm.

@mysticmedivh said:

If entities and Black/White are allowed then Lanterns.

Otherwise, Odin solos.

How would any of entities match Odin?

Anti-Monitor would be a match for both RKT and Odin. Not sure what you are talking about.

Larfleeze might be a problem as well.

Not sure why you think Hal Jordan being able to sever his link to Nekron is bad. Kyle Rayner was able to gain control of his body after 5 Entities latched onto him. Anyway, Nekron isn't an entity of the Spectrum. The Black Lanterns aren't even part of it. Nekron was defeated in the Blackest Night when Black Hand was turned back alive. The only way Nekron can exist on Earth is if he has a host. That's actually the only thing that worked against him and Hal knew that. Nekron didn't depower Volthoom. Have you read the book? Hal did.

Doesn't matter if Thor brought himself back to life. Superman was brought back alive by the Eradicator and he was still able to be controlled by Nekron.

Entities would win if you use ZH Parallax and HOG Ion. And that would be an easy win.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage: You are comparing beings who surpass RKT. And from what I remember, Highfather with the Life Equation wasn't able to stop the Black Lanterns from attacking New Genesis. Kyle was only able to move them somewhere else in the Universe.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage: You are comparing beings who surpass RKT. And from what I remember, Highfather with the Life Equation wasn't able to stop the Black Lanterns from attacking New Genesis. Kyle was only able to move them somewhere else in the Universe.

What feats does anyone have that put them above RKT, who defeated cosmic level abstracts?

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage: Wait, what? Are you saying Eternity, IG Thanos and Franklin Richard are less powerful than RKT?

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Hulkage

@thearchon:

Wait, what? Are you saying Eternity, IG Thanos and Franklin Richard are less powerful than RKT?

Don't put words in my mouth. Here is what was said by you and then me:

@hulkage said:

@thearchon said:

And obviously nobody in Marvel possesses either. Does that mean Franklin Richards, Eternity, IG Thanos, etc can't beat them?

You claim that the only things that work against black lanterns are 2 different lights from the Spectrum or hitting them with the light of Life. Both of those are nonexistent in the Marvel Universe. So just because they don't exist does that mean that Eternity, Franklin Richards, etc can't beat them. Never did I say RKT was on that level but it's the same concept. In a shared universe battle we same that each character could harm the other. If we didn't then people would say Nekron could solo the Marvel U because nobody has white light.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage: I said that Highfather with the Life Equation couldn't harm them. The Life Equation allows it's user to alter the Universe at will since it's that same Equation that created the Universe. I never said that because they are from a different Universe, they couldn't harm them. You are the one making stuff up.

It's not my fault if the Black Lanterns were only stopped by the Lights of the Spectrum or the White Light. As far as I remember, magic didn't even work against them. I'm saying that someone with the power to alter reality wasn't able to stop them. Now, the Life Equation is nowhere as powerful as the IG. Thanos would beat the Black Lanterns pretty easily. But from what I've seen about RKT, he's not going to beat them.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TheArchon

My bad. Went back to look at Green Lantern #3 Annual and Highfather only started using the Life Equation when the Source Titans were coming back to life.

Removing them from existence MIGHT work but it never happened. I guess Nekron could bring them back.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: That's not at all what happened. Hal Jordan died and became a black lantern, and became the host of Nekron. He then returned to life, and Nekron went back to having no host/being dead. Hal did not beat Nekron, and he is NOT a normal Lantern in anyways to begin with.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Iragexcudder

Yeah, Lanterns rip the Asgardians to shreds.

Larfleeze would be even a decent match against Odin, Black Lanterns and White Lanterns would just annihilate them. Nekron, The First Lantern, Rayner.. I mean so much firepower