• 56 results
#1 Edited by BIackFlash (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

All characters from  JLU animated tv show VS All of the comic book Defenders 

Classic Hulk, Classic Strange, Clea, Valkyrie (Brunnhilde), Valkyrie (Samantha Parrington), Jack Norriss, Red Guardian, Hellcat, Devil-Slayer, Spider-Man, Moondragon, Wasp, Namorita, Hawkeye, Nighthawk, Hellstorm, Luke Cage, Daredevil, , Gargoyle, Beast, Nighthawk, Overmind, , She-Hulk, Ardina, Howard the Duck, Namor, Classic Surfer

Aquaman, Big Barda, Flash, Canary, Doctor Fate, Wonder Woman, Oliver Queen/Green Arrow, Huntress, Superman Red Tornado, Cap Atom, the Atom, Captain Marvel, Shining Knight, Batman, Green Lantern (Stewart), Zatanna, Stargirl, Steel, Crimson Avenger,Etrigan the Demon, the Question, Robin, Amazo about 50 members in all?...too many to remember so I'll post pics instead

?

#2 Posted by Son Of Storm (11187 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Unlimited.

#3 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU. 

Surfer is the only real threat and he can't beat Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, Dr Fate, Green Lantern and the Flash all at once.
#4 Edited by TruePwnge (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye and Hellcat are cannon fodder

Namor or  Namorita is one of the weaker, Namor might get owned by a GL, Wonder Woman or Superman could take him
not a bad team when one of your weakest members was Namor 
the problem with JLU is Superman is much weaker than the comicbook version

Hulk could be a problem, he shattered mountains, leveled cities, lifted mountains. 

If they dogpile on Hulk they could own him, if they figure out to BFR him that's a win

Current Silver Surfer solos 
Clasic Surfer was tamer, he was so peaceful he might be silly enough to allow the JLA to tag team him but I'm still not sure they have the power to take the Defenders out

Clea and Hellstorm is where it starts becoming trouble
Classic Strange with Auto shields solos

#5 Edited by ARMIV (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU,just because it appears they've got more people.
But then again,there is Dr.Strange,Surfer,and the Hulk...
Eh,who cares. The fights would be cool.

#6 Edited by Sleuth (2639 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is not a problem for the JLU. Several members could blitz or BFR him.

#7 Posted by TruePwnge (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sleuth said:

" Hulk is not a problem for the JLU. Several members could blitz him. "

He's durable to take mountain and city sized shots. Who do you use to blitz him? Do you use up your powerhouses like  Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash and the GLs on dropping Hulk at the same time?

It might be wise to take down Hulk quick since he could drop a few Metahumans with one thunderclap. 

Dog pile on Hulk might seem a smart idea but if you do that now you've allowed other Defenders powerhouses like Clea and Hellstorm, Classic Strange and Classic Surfer to run rampage

Personally I think Strange can solo and Classic Surfer with a quick attitude adjustment would also solo
#8 Posted by Kastiel (8814 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is taken care of rather quickly because Waverider sends him back in time. Then JLU wins.

#9 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Howard the Duck solos.

#10 Posted by Sleuth (2639 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
" @Sleuth said:

" Hulk is not a problem for the JLU. Several members could blitz him. "

He's durable to take mountain and city sized shots. Who do you use to blitz him? Do you use up your powerhouses like  Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash and the GLs on dropping Hulk at the same time?

It might be wise to take down Hulk quick since he could drop a few Metahumans with one thunderclap. 
 Dog pile on Hulk might seem a smart idea but if you do that now you've allowed other Defenders powerhouses like Clea and Hellstorm, Classic Strange and Classic Surfer to run rampage  Personally I think Strange can solo and Classic Surfer with a quick attitude adjustment would also solo "
Or you could just throw him out of the area. Superman has the speed to do that before Hulk can react.
#11 Posted by capall (8130 posts) - - Show Bio

team 2 should take this in this scenerio
#12 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2216 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kastiel said:
" Hulk is taken care of rather quickly because Waverider sends him back in time. Then JLU wins. "
Waverider never appeared in Justice League Unlimited.
#13 Posted by Sleuth (2639 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
" @Kastiel said:
" Hulk is taken care of rather quickly because Waverider sends him back in time. Then JLU wins. "
Waverider never appeared in Justice League Unlimited. "
He did.
#14 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2216 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sleuth said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
" @Kastiel said:
Waverider never appeared in Justice League Unlimited. "
He did.
"
I stand corrected. 
#15 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" Howard the Duck solos. "
#16 Posted by TruePwnge (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sleuth said:
" Or you could just throw him out of the area. Superman has the speed to do that before Hulk can react. "
but Surfer and Strange could just blink and immediately teleport him back on the battle field, these dudes where the Defenders power houses they can time travel, blow up planets you name it

@geraldthesloth said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"
I'm not familiar with this Duck does he have Imp power or something?
#17 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
" @Sleuth said:
" Or you could just throw him out of the area. Superman has the speed to do that before Hulk can react. "
but Surfer and Strange could just blink and immediately teleport him back on the battle field, these dudes where the Defenders power houses they can time travel, blow up planets you name it

@geraldthesloth said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"
I'm not familiar with this Duck does he have Imp power or something? "
1. He got drunk with god
2. He beat up god. 
He's a joke character like squirell girl.
#18 Posted by MKF30 (11528 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU takes it but will have a tough time with Hulk and SS, but still going with JLU here.

#19 Edited by TruePwnge (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@MKF30 said:

" JLU takes it but will have a tough time with Hulk and SS, but still going with JLU here. "

Believe it or not Classic Dr Strange might be the biggest threat, IMO he's even more powerful than Classic Surfer

Some of his powers:

Classic Dr Strange with prep Takes a Supernova

Classic Strange Auto-shields block attack from Death Urge agent of Oblivion.

collapsed star turns into a blackhole, Strange puts a cork on it and renders it harmless

Classic Dr Strange taking shots from Galactus 

Fights In Betweener

#20 Posted by TruePwnge (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" 1. He got drunk with god 2. He beat up god.  He's a joke character like squirell girl. "
sounds like he also can solo it
#21 Edited by MKF30 (11528 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, Dr. Strange did seem a lot more powerful back then ^. It seems that he has some abilities overall that SS lacks in and vice versa I've noticed, you had my curiousity so just did a little comparison. So yeah, I'll say SS and Dr. S actually would give the JL a harder time...screw Hulk lol.
#22 Posted by Ownerz (1098 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Strange can do it

#23 Posted by MKF30 (11528 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Dr. Fate also is a powerful character as well let's not forget :)

#24 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazo solos. 

#25 Posted by Hoboseid (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange solos
#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35155 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
"   
Hawkeye and Hellcat are cannon fodder

Namor or  Namorita is one of the weaker, Namor might get owned by a GL, Wonder Woman or Superman could take him
not a bad team when one of your weakest members was Namor 
the problem with JLU is Superman is much weaker than the comicbook version

Hulk could be a problem, he shattered mountains, leveled cities, lifted mountains. 

If they dogpile on Hulk they could own him, if they figure out to BFR him that's a win

Current Silver Surfer solos 
Clasic Surfer was tamer, he was so peaceful he might be silly enough to allow the JLA to tag team him but I'm still not sure they have the power to take the Defenders out

Clea and Hellstorm is where it starts becoming trouble
Classic Strange with Auto shields solos
  "
Aw man that surfer scan is so epic
#27 Posted by TheCerealKillz (10234 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange Solos.

#28 Posted by Zubinen (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazo solos team 2.

#29 Posted by Hoboseid (1019 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zubinen said:
"Amazo solos team 2. "

Dude animated Amazo at full power was still getting his ass kicked by Grundy

Amazo = Fail

#30 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU ftw.
#31 Posted by cattlebattle (13401 posts) - - Show Bio

Defenders.... Surfer Hulk and Strange handle the big guns while Namor leads the rest of them to victory

#32 Posted by TDK_1997 (15104 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU

#33 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4055 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League Unlimited. Either way they win. Current versions Flash is the wildcard, handing most of the avengers then speed stealing from the surfer and having massive help from Supes, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern John and Kyle. Classic versions of the characters they still win Classic Fate would Handle Classic Strange, and Classic Wally slapped the Spectre (corrigan) and PC Mongul around as well. Or you could use Barry who was doing relatively well and was instrumental (pretty much he and supergirl) in fighting the COIE Antimonitor. He destroyed the cannon and still staggered the COIE AM. Thats a feat unto itself. SS is a beast now but classic wasn't all that great. This goes to JL either way. Dont even get me started on SA Superman...

#34 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11724 posts) - - Show Bio

Question: How did classic doctor strange get so depowered???
#35 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4055 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably the same way Fate did. They were pretty much made the 2 most powerful superhero characters ever and both respective Universe writers needed to down them big time. They basically became the same as SA superman where everything is a plot device or circumstances sway their way.

#36 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2.

#37 Posted by Nefarious (22938 posts) - - Show Bio

The JLU wins.

#38 Posted by termiteone4ever (8032 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA wins for sure Amazo Solo i dont see them beating him 

#39 Posted by Malonius (894 posts) - - Show Bio

The JLU characters on the cartoon are really depowered relative to their comic book versions. They had to depower them because all the kids want to see Batman fighting side by side with Superman against the bad guys and if Supes were at comic book levels that would not make any sense.

Classic Strange could easily solo the cartoon JLU.

#40 Posted by andre54 (333 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
Defenders.... Surfer Hulk and Strange handle the big guns while Namor leads the rest of them to victory
HAHAHA!! what team? namor and his team will be knocked out by the flash before he can even think about blinking. and i think you're forgetting about captain atom, doctor fate, green lantern, superman, wonder woman, and obviously flash. hulk is almost nonfactor. surfer and strange will be a challenge but JLU has several answers to them. @Malonius said:
The JLU characters on the cartoon are really depowered relative to their comic book versions. They had to depower them because all the kids want to see Batman fighting side by side with Superman against the bad guys and if Supes were at comic book levels that would not make any sense. Classic Strange could easily solo the cartoon JLU.
i agree that the cartoon versions of them were extremely depowered but i think that the battle wasn't including those versions of them, just the current comic book versions of everyone that appeared in the JLU series.
#41 Posted by departed402 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU, they've got too many powerhouses. Oh, and Green Lantern BFRs Hulk pretty easy.
#42 Posted by JediXMan (31321 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this the JLU at DCAU level (as seen in the show) or at the levels they demonstrate in the comics?

If it's the former, Surfer or Strange would solo. If it's the latter, JLU owns.

#43 Posted by beatboks1 (7535 posts) - - Show Bio
It's a shame that the OP never gave a team list. Both photos are hardly a full team.
The Defenders have over 100 (almost 120) members in total. Since they were the "non" team, that would be assembled by Strange for specific missions and usually faced threats far greater than anything any version of the JL, the total team would definitely give the lowly 70 something membership of the JLU a battle. Just some of the Defenders members not mentioned include Ghost Rider, Quasar, Hercules, Drax the destroyer, Dark Hawk, Star Hawk, Shadowoman, Overmind, Ms Marvel, hell even Thanos.

Animated Dr fate is even with current level fate (who is way below classic fate who would have been Classic Strange's equal)
Animated Amazo is an absolute joke and could be beaten by SO many members of the Defenders solo it would not be funny.
For those who are arguing that Dr Fate would deal with classic Strange. Just remember, that Classic Fate (the only version that's a match for "classic Strange") was only a member for a very few issues. he appeared in the first few issues of JL (after legends), then was abscebt for a few then back for the Gray man Saga. After that it was the Straus' Fate (powered down version)

@JediXMan said:
Is this the JLU at DCAU level (as seen in the show) or at the levels they demonstrate in the comics?If it's the former, Surfer or Strange would solo. If it's the latter, JLU owns.

TBO jedix, if it was the FULL membership of the Defenders vs the JLU it wouldn't matter if it was animated or comic. It would be a Defenders win either way. The Defenders would out number them almost 2 to 1, and they have plenty of members equal to the peak JLU members (there are about another 5 Atlantean's that are members I haven't mentioned as well)
#44 Posted by Hoboseid (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah even Drax and Thanos were Defenders

#45 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12273 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
Is this the JLU at DCAU level (as seen in the show) or at the levels they demonstrate in the comics?If it's the former, Surfer or Strange would solo. If it's the latter, JLU owns.
#46 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@venomoushatred1001 said:
@JediXMan said:
#47 Posted by MutenRoshi (850 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Classic Strange solos everyone in the tv show with ease, if its not the show the Defenders lose

JLU wins but in a good fight

#48 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@MutenRoshi said:

I think Classic Strange solos everyone in the tv show with ease

#49 Posted by Full_Spectrum (1532 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't classic strange make living tribunal back down once? I seem to remember something along those lines. Anyway, good fight...

#50 Posted by RetardedMonkey (130 posts) - - Show Bio

The Defenders win...