Alien vs Predator: Scar (Predator) vs Grid Alien (Xenomorph)

• 133 results
Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

These are the monsters from the first movie of Aliens vs. Predator. Grid Alien does have his tail.

Round 1: Scar has his standard weapons (retractable spear, claws, etc.) No laser cannon (not blooded). They start 30 feet away from each other

Round 2: Scar has all of his weapons, including his laser cannon (Scar is blooded). But Grid Alien has three other drones there to help him. They start 100 feet away from each other in a dark area.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Scar both rounds.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: Idk man Grid did kill his brothers

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thewhiteronin

Grr, I wish the predators weren't portrayed as so incompetent within the films! The predators should have every single advantage, but most of them are too pompous (in one scene, there was a predator who was slowly taking off his mask as a facehugger was sneaking up to him). The predators have the vision, weapons, and armor to be able to effortlessly kill the xenos, but the Grid managed to take out TWO of the predators! In the novel, there was a predator (I forgot his name), who single-handedly hunted an alien hive, then killed the Xenomorph Queen with his bare-hands (I'll try to find the name of that predator). Anyway, if Scar doesn't underestimate the Grid alien in round 1 and is extremely careful, he SHOULD take it. He has the range (spear), wrist blades which can easily cut through Grid's exoskeleton, and can detect the signature of the xeno. For round 2, the plasma casters will make short work of the xenos. During the scene in the 2004 movie, Scar was able to kill about 5-6 aliens in that scene after he retrieved the plasma caster from the female protagonist.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: Scar was able to

• React to a Xenomorph sneaking up on him
  • Jumped well over a Xeno queens head
  • Then of course dodging bullets
  • And fighting Xenos

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3:

• Grid is no ordinary Drone. He seems smarter and stealthier. Like when he launches his own poison acid at the predator to sneak up on him.
  • The Queen was preoccupied
  • I don't think he dodged bullets they sort of just missed since they had cloaking
  • Grid killed two Predators
jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994:

• It's debatable who is smarter.
  • That doesn't change the fact that he was able to leap that high.
  • He cloaked off way through the jump
  • Scar killed 10+
  • Grid killed one that was preoccupied as well(see what I did there?)
Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thewhiteronin

@jwalser3: @noone301994: The biggest factor here will be the predator's ego if it's a head-on battle. The predator that actually battled Grid could have killed him when he fired his net gun. However, he took too long to savor the moment with unsheathing his dagger, and Grid took advantage of that, melted the net, then killed the predator. The predator's wristblades were able to resist the xenomorph's acid when he was carving the xeno's body to make that spear for the girl. If that spear is made of the same metal as his wristblades, then he should be able to keep the xenomorph at bay, if the predator is not in character for this fight (meaning he fights ruthlessly with no honor), he uses his net gun, snares Grid, then immediately kill Grid, sparing no moment for recovery. Going back to the Grid's first fight with that predator, the predator made very amateur mistakes when he charged head-on, not being able predict that the alien was going to pounce. On paper, the predator should have more tactical knowledge when it comes to combat, but the predators portrayed in the movies proved the contrary.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

@noone301994:

• It's debatable who is smarter.
  • That doesn't change the fact that he was able to leap that high.
  • He cloaked off way through the jump
  • Scar killed 10+
  • Grid killed one that was preoccupied as well(see what I did there?)

Not really, Predators are always the smarter ones, but xenos do learn pretty fast. The rest of your points I dont care about responding to, just wanted to say that :P

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianxeno929: Yeah I know. I just couldn't prove that with concrete evidence without saying "Predators are naturally smarter."

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thelocust619

Basic knowledge: predator>alien. If there is no cover, Scar stomps both rounds. Grid has learned some things, but he is not a hunter on Scar's level. I prefer aliens to predators tho...if there is cover then Grid has a chance round one but still unlikely in direct combat, especially given the spear. Plasma Caster owns four aliens easy at 100 feet, cover or not, but he uses the smart disc instead and owns them even harder. AvP was victim to serious PIS, the predator's arsenal can easilly overpower a dozen of zeno in moderate conditions with no threat at all. Plasma Caster, Spear, Smart disc, mines, and net? Ik I'm leaving stuff out too but this is overkill already

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basic knowledge: predator>alien. If there is no cover, Scar stomps both rounds. Grid has learned some things, but he is not a hunter on Scar's level. I prefer aliens to predators tho...if there is cover then Grid has a chance round one but still unlikely in direct combat, especially given the spear. Plasma Caster owns four aliens easy at 100 feet, cover or not, but he uses the smart disc instead and owns them even harder.

I mentioned this already, the predators have every advantage. Those two preceding Scar made very amateur mistakes, such as letting their guard down and being unable to predict a simple movement, such as a pounce. Scar has his net gun, wristblades and spear which are acid-resistance, and can pick up Grid's signature. Scar traps Grid with his net gun, then immediately finishes Grid. If portrayed correctly, Scar wins.

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Celtic was more of a brutish, large fighter, easily angered but he still had access to claws, nets, and a dagger throughout the fight leaving little difference in odds in this. But i guess its understandable that since he was more of an egocentric pred, enjoying the slow kill and this is a more "get it over with" type and with the spear to help in the mid range game to combat the tail, ill give it to Scar the slight majority in round one. Round two is a slaughter, poor grid.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, he doesn't throw the spear, predators are masters at using it for melee. Perfect for xenomorphs because it extends his reach and keeps him safe. The majority is not slight at all

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: When I said he's smarter I meant he is smarter than the average drone, he definitely isn't smarter than Scar.

Any Predator can kill an average drone, especially with the laser cannon, but not any average drone can kill 2 predators. Grid Alien is on another level than an average drone. So just because Scar killed 10+ doesn't necessarily mean that it would be the same situation as it would be with those. Grid takes advantage of any opportunity he can to sneak away or get some dirty hits in and he would utilize those opportunities to their full extent.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewhiteronin: You have good points but Scar is very honorable and he might make the same mistake of letting the Alien recover

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feat wise Scar has more to show.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: Yeah good point. However, are those feats more impressive? I think any Predator could do what he did. What makes him special is his respect for the code of honor.

Now could any random or ordinary drone kill 2 Predators? I don't think so

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994:

Obviously you haven't played Aliens vs. Predator(2010) Six does.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Noone301994

@jwalser3: I wasn't really going by video game feats, it was more by the movies

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jwalser3

@noone301994: It's all canon really. And it'd be kind of unfair to limit it all to 2 movies.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: Video games are canon? But aren't the monsters much stronger and durable than in the movies? I'm just going to go by the two movies

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: Movie wise the Predators have better feats compared to the Xenomorphs.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: So the Xenomorphs have better feats in the video games than the Predators?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: Then why would you try to get me to change it to video game and movie feats? Lol

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: I'm not. You said

So I just brought up Six from AvP 3.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Predator

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: And that's because the creatures in the games are stronger. In the movie verse it's really impressive that an Alien killed 2 in a row

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jwalser3

@noone301994: There's no way to really tell how strong which version is, probably because the one in the games are the same as the movie.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Noone301994

@jwalser3: Well in the game they have health bars and you can survive being slashed or stabbed more than once. If they get clean stabs or slashes in the movie it's usually an instant kill

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: Well in the game they have health bars and you can survive being slashed or stabbed more than once. If they get clean stabs or slashes in the movie it's usually an instant kill

Those are gameplay mechanics. I'm talking about story feats from the game.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: story feats as in the cinematic parts?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: That as well. There was clearly 2 Predators in the cut scene before. Then the elite shows up, resulting in a kill count of 3.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Noone301994

@jwalser3: Oh really? I never played the campaign so I've never seen any of those

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jwalser3
Loading Video...

@1:20 - 2:00

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pope052

In a pure, fair fight. The Predator should always win.

Gameboy081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameboy081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameboy081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameboy081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameboy081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: And Xenomorph has the better advantage

AckRecky7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gameboy081: Couldn't you of posted all of that in one comment?

Also, didn't you realise you bumped a 3 and a half year old thread?

Gameboy081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AckRecky7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameboy081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Specimen 6, also known as Number Six or Six for short, was a XenomorphWarrior (and eventual Praetorian and Queen) bred on BG-386 by Dr. Groves and his Weyland-Yutani research team. Six was the first Xenomorph on the planet to successfully escape from its containment facility and she was directly responsible for the release of the Xenomorph Queen also held there, thereby triggering a large scale outbreak on the planet.

Bestowed with intelligence in excess of an average Warrior, Specimen 6 was instrumental in the propagation of the Xenomorph infestation on BG-386, and in defeating an ElitePredator was directly responsible for the creation of the BG-386 Predalien. Six was later recaptured by Weyland-Yutani, only to escape again and exact revenge on Dr. Groves.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rockette

If Grid was anything like Six, then Scar would have a real fight on his hands.

Alas, Grid was just smart for a Drone, Six is a genetically augmented Alien Warrior.

Scar ftw, both Rounds.

AckRecky7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gameboy081

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers